What current Hearts player will leave to go to the biggest club?

Jezza

With all this talk of fire sales etc who do you reckon will get the best move to the biggest club?

I'm going to say Zaliukas who will probably move to the Russian PL, I think Gowser may up at Celtic and Webster possibly also.

Thoughts?

Think you're right with Zal; either Russian PL or Bundesliga (sp)

I think Gowser will head down south

With all this talk of fire sales etc who do you reckon will get the best move to the biggest club?

I'm going to say Zaliukas who will probably move to the Russian PL, I think Gowser may up at Celtic and Webster possibly also.

Thoughts?

I'm not convinced Zaliukas will actually want to go in January, and we'll probably see him until the end of the season.

I do think we'll try and punt Sutton, possibly asking Central Coast Mariners if they'll take him permanently after his loan spell. Wither he'll want to go or not is another story.

R. Gowser might well be off, but probably to the Championship.

I can't see our players going to anyone else in Scotland.

Guest Dipped Flake

I actually don't care what club they go to, even celtic or hibs, as the main thing is we get our wage bill down and quick.

As for the players, I hope that we keep Zal (at a reduced wage) and get rid of Webster.Would like to get McGowan to sign a contract so we could sell hom for some decent money

Apparently Zal is going to be a doorman :rolleyes:

I can see Gowser going to the Championship, possibly Barr as well.

If McGowan or Webster did join the Sellik at some on here have suggested, do we have to boo them and shout "SNAKE!" at them from then on?

Jam Tarts 1874

None of our current 1st team players will ever play at a higher level than they are now - in my opinion. I base this on the fact that our best players from last season who left have not gone onto anything better.

tartofmidlothian

Ryan McGowan for a decent Championship/mid-table EPL side like Wolves or Wigan.

No clue about the rest. Zal could stay, or go to a big European league as suggested, or do a Kello at a club we've never heard of. The Paterson to Liverpool rumour makes a lot of sense, although maybe not this window.

Wonder if Cluj might be interested in buying anyone...?

Also, I reckon if Webster or Barr left they'd be making a mistake. Subs bench at Ipswich or Derby to Motherwell or Killie within a year.

I'm not convinced Zaliukas will actually want to go in January, and we'll probably see him until the end of the season.

I do think we'll try and punt Sutton, possibly asking Central Coast Mariners if they'll take him permanently after his loan spell. Wither he'll want to go or not is another story.

R. Gowser might well be off, but probably to the Championship.

I can't see our players going to anyone else in Scotland.

There is one thing that we should all remember, none of the players will be going anywhere unless they want to go. It is one thing for the club to say they will offload players but they are still under contract and if they don't fancy going to a club then there is nothing Hearts can do about it, eg Gowser not wanting to go to Rangers.

I would be surprised if anyone goes anywhere until the summer.

Me too, I can only see Gowser moving anywhere half decent because other clubs may just take a chance at what will still be a fairly low wage and nominal fee.

Everyone else, apart from our centre halves maybe, won't get near the money they're on here anywhere else.

Archived