Hot Sauces

The Comedian

Suggestions? I've tried these...

tumblr_m9ubolUXPz1qzdy9vo1_500.jpg

&

Nandos-Extra-Hot-Peri-Peri-Sauce.jpg

I've used them in pieces and curries etc. The Peri Peri one was really good, the other less so.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckyBatistuta

• IronJambo

• Ribble

• gordiegords

Blasts ultra death is without a doubt the hottest sauce on the planet, one bottle will last along time, I'm a chilli lover, trust me, it's dynamite, you can buy it from scorchio.com

Carl Fredrickson

I got one at a farmers market a couple of years ago called Smart Ar$e and it was incredibly hot - but tasty. They had one hotter but I couldnt try it.

Have you tried the new Heinz range?

Hot_Sauces.jpg

I love the yellow habanero one. It's hot, but not so hot that it spoils your food. My only complaint is that they're a wee bit on the runny side.

Have you tried the new Heinz range?

Hot_Sauces.jpg

I love the yellow habanero one. It's hot, but not so hot that it spoils your food. My only complaint is that they're a wee bit on the runny side.

Just like the aftermath :whistling:

i love hot sauce.

currently have in thr cupboard some louisiana hot sauce which is delicious, and some franks hot sauce.

you'll pick up some nice ones in lupe pintos as well

i love hot sauce.

currently have in thr cupboard some louisiana hot sauce which is delicious, and some franks hot sauce.

you'll pick up some nice ones in lupe pintos as well

Where did you get the Louisiana Hot Sass Beverley?

I'll see your sauce (which is awesome), and raise you this

14.jpg

Encona is excellent, I struggle a bit with the normal one though so will be staying well clear of the extra hot :lol:

Mr Vickis Hot Hell Haberno is a great ketchup replacement, I have this with bacon and egg on pitta bread.

Chilli pepper Pete's Headhunter

Chilli Pepper Pete's Dragons Blood (I call this madman as its so hot).

Headhunter is good to dip potato wedges in (if you've got an asbestos tongue) and Dragons blood is an awesome addition to tomato based sauces.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I will be procuring a couple of these. Thank you kickback, from me and my toilet.

Try this stuff babe, you can procure it from Amazon or I could put some into your Christmas hamper ?

817651_450_338.jpg

41.jpg

Currently enjoying this, one drop at a time. It's hot obviously, but it's smokey and smooth too. Just picked it up in Tesco. I saw the ghost pepper one too, but I think that's a bit extreme for me!

While not arse-burningly hot, I thoroughly recommend Lingham's Chilli, Garlic and Ginger sauce - it's fantastic for dipping.

You can get their standard Sweet Chilli sauce from Sainsburys, but I've only seen the aforementioned sauce at Lupe Pintos near the Kings Theatre. That place is a haven for hot sauce.

Edited by kirkwood69

While not arse-burningly hot, I thoroughly recommend Lingham's Chilli, Garlic and Ginger sauce - it's fantastic for dipping.

You can get their standard Sweet Chilli sauce from Sainsburys, but I've only seen the aforementioned sauce at Lupe Pintos near the Kings Theatre. That place is a haven for hot sauce.

...and for many other things too. Great shop.

Just be done with it and eat a Super Naga raw

:11300:

Grew Dorset Naga's for a while and they are fantastic chilli's! Apart from the extreme heat they have a really nice smokey flavour!

Also the Super Naga is still unstable and has struggled to maintain the 1.3m Scovilles that it once recorded!

I usually just buy Cholula, Tabasco and Louisiana Jalapeno green sauce but I find while they all taste great, they're just not hot enough.

What is one notch above these industry standard ones? I don't want some stupid hot thing that's inedible but hot enough to hurt a wee bit.

Suggestions?

I usually just buy Cholula, Tabasco and Louisiana Jalapeno green sauce but I find while they all taste great, they're just not hot enough.

What is one notch above these industry standard ones? I don't want some stupid hot thing that's inedible but hot enough to hurt a wee bit.

Suggestions?

\

Step up from tabasco would be something based/made with Birds eye or piri piri chilli's, next up again would be Habanero based then after that you would be onto Scotch Bonnet and some of the Naga's!

\

Step up from tabasco would be something based/made with Birds eye or piri piri chilli's, next up again would be Habanero based then after that you would be onto Scotch Bonnet and some of the Naga's!

I've got the extra, extra hot Nando's piri piri sauce in the black bottle and it tastes great but it just doesn't bring the pain.

Any suggestion for one that's habanero based?

cpp-satans-shit.jpg

Haha, I've got a jar of last year's special edition 'santa's shit'. Still not opened it, will be having a bash on Saturday.

Being honest, it terrifies me. 12.5 million scovilles!

Edited by IronJambo

I've got the extra, extra hot Nando's piri piri sauce in the black bottle and it tastes great but it just doesn't bring the pain.

Any suggestion for one that's habanero based?

Have a gander on www.scorchio.co.uk, they list their hot sauces by both heat and the variety of chilli!

For insane heat nothing touches this.10001300_1.jpg

That doesn't even come close to breaking the heat barriers. Blairs have no less than 10 sauces that are much much hotter. Every chilli pepper Pete sauce mentioned in this thread is also hotter.

Haha, I've got a jar of last year's special edition 'santa's shit'. Still not opened it, will be having a bash on Saturday.

Being honest, it terrifies me. 12.5 million scovilles!

A couple of my mates tried it at the Taste food festival last year. One of them was in tears and the other was retching for 15 minutes and almost went home. :lol:

A couple of my mates tried it at the Taste food festival last year. One of them was in tears and the other was retching for 15 minutes and almost went home. :lol:

I'm forcing it upon a Jamaican lad at work that eats scotch bonnets like grapes. I've a feeling it'll put me on the floor but I really need feel the burn it gives. Whilst there are a few stronger Blair's sauces, the ones mentioned on here only have about a tenth of the heat of that nasty shit.

That doesn't even come close to breaking the heat barriers. Blairs have no less than 10 sauces that are much much hotter. Every chilli pepper Pete sauce mentioned in this thread is also hotter.

Have you tried it? Or are you going on the scoville ratings?

Edited by gordiegords

Have you tried it? Or are you going on the scoville ratings?

Yeah, tried most of them earlier in the year. There's a couple of hot sauce shops I pop into when I can. At least most of the blairs ones taste different, rather than just trying to blow the roof off your mouth.

I got caught out with an extract in New Orleans, it tasted fine but proceded to kick the shit out my stomach ten minutes later.

Edit: as far as blairs ultra death goes, a haberno based sauce heat wise is never going to kick the shit out of the extreme sauces based on ghost peppers

Edited by IronJambo

Yeah, tried most of them earlier in the year. There's a couple of hot sauce shops I pop into when I can. At least most of the blairs ones taste different, rather than just trying to blow the roof off your mouth.

I got caught out with an extract in New Orleans, it tasted fine but proceded to kick the shit out my stomach ten minutes later.

Edit: as far as blairs ultra death goes, a haberno based sauce heat wise is never going to kick the shit out of the extreme sauces based on ghost peppers

To be honest i think it depends on the persons pallete, Ive tried a couple of the ghost pepper ones and for me they were not as hot as blairs :-/

Doctor FinnBarr

Grew Dorset Naga's for a while and they are fantastic chilli's! Apart from the extreme heat they have a really nice smokey flavour!

Also the Super Naga is still unstable and has struggled to maintain the 1.3m Scovilles that it once recorded!

Could you please PM my arse with these details to prove it was wrong

To be honest i think it depends on the persons pallete, Ive tried a couple of the ghost pepper ones and for me they were not as hot as blairs :-/

Its as much to do with the extract used as well. Tbh, I've never ever tried a sauce and thought it was hotter than one that had a few more million scovilles. Never ever.

Do you buy all your sauces online without getting a chance to try them? Get the feeling you'd be like a kid in a sweet shop if you got through the door in one of these shops

All roads lead to Gorgie

Anyone tried Japanese Wasabi horseradish sauce. It doesn't hit as fast as chilli but then you may need a new nose afterwards.

Anyone tried Japanese Wasabi horseradish sauce. It doesn't hit as fast as chilli but then you may need a new nose afterwards.

Love wasabi but it's not spicey in the same sense as the stuff mentioned here.