Under 20s on Tuesday 4th December

roscoe

The under 20s are at Tynecastle on Tuesday 4th of December, against Jim Jeffries Dunfermline. We won the last game 4-2 against Motherwell and had a crowd of 935.

Lets try and get over a 1000 through the gates and help raise more funds for our club!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Footballfirst

Most likely to be a very inexperienced side with Paterson, Walker, Holt, McHattie and the three guys on loan, D Smith, McKay and Tapping all missing

Most likely to be a very inexperienced side with Paterson, Walker, Holt, McHattie and the three guys on loan, D Smith, McKay and Tapping all missing

No doubt, but a chance for us to see our youngsters in action and donate more to the club. I assume they will have a collection again.

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

The under 20s are at Tynecastle on Tuesday 4th of December, against Jim Jeffries Dunfermline. We won the last game 4-2 against Motherwell and had a crowd of 935.

Lets try and get over a 1000 through the gates and help raise more funds for our club!!

Brilliant . I really enjoyed myself at the Motherwell game so will definitely be going on Tuesday

These guys are in the 1st team or being primed whilst out on loan for 1st team action in the New Year which is the way forward for the club but the 20's squad wont be that inexperienced- probably Ridgers along with a potential 3 1st teamers.

Younger lads will probably include Oliver,A.King, McGhee,Keegan and Nicholson who i think have all played a few times at this level. Also B.King ,Mullen,Carrick should be in there and all pushing there way to the 1st team.

Footballfirst

These guys are in the 1st team or being primed whilst out on loan for 1st team action in the New Year which is the way forward for the club but the 20's squad wont be that inexperienced- probably Ridgers along with a potential 3 1st teamers.

Younger lads will probably include Oliver,A.King, McGhee,Keegan and Nicholson who i think have all played a few times at this level. Also B.King ,Mullen,Carrick should be in there and all pushing there way to the 1st team.

My comment re the inexperienced side was more related to setting expectations. i.e. the team we put out on Tuesday will be significantly weaker that what we could field had everyone been available. I don't know the situation at Dunfermline, but I suspect that they will be able to field a side much closer to their strongest.

The overage players will depend on Sunday's first team. Based on previous weeks, I'd expect that Ridgers, Prychynenko, Robinson and G Smith would play with the U20s, although you could argue that the likes of John Sutton is probably in need of 90 minutes game time.

I don't know if Dale Carrick has recovered from his hernia op as yet.

Footballfirst

Sam Nicholson is tweeting that the game is off tomorrow, which seems a bit odd given the official site was promoting it earlier today.

Will wait for official confirmation.

Sam Nicholson is tweeting that the game is off tomorrow, which seems a bit odd given the official site was promoting it earlier today.

. I heard elsewhere it was off as well...

My comment re the inexperienced side was more related to setting expectations. i.e. the team we put out on Tuesday will be significantly weaker that what we could field had everyone been available. I don't know the situation at Dunfermline, but I suspect that they will be able to field a side much closer to their strongest.

The overage players will depend on Sunday's first team. Based on previous weeks, I'd expect that Ridgers, Prychynenko, Robinson and G Smith would play with the U20s, although you could argue that the likes of John Sutton is probably in need of 90 minutes game time.

I don't know if Dale Carrick has recovered from his hernia op as yet.

I spoke to Dale yesterday and he is back in training. He didn't want to say how long it'd be before he would be in contention, though.

Footballfirst

. I heard elsewhere it was off as well...

Obviously the club don't want to spend unnecessary money by switching on the undersoil heating, although I would have thought that the first team would have been training at Tynecastle for the last few days..

For those out on loan it might also be to reduce the wage bill a bit.

The club don't know what they are doing so Sam will be right probably :cyclist:

Footballfirst

Can we get a definitive answer, is the game on at 7pm tomorrow or not?

Have texted Darren Murray. Game is still on for the moment.

Tell him to play Smith and King upfront as you Know the guy so well, something you denied on kickback after the St. Johnstone game at New Victoria Park

Footballfirst

Tell him to play Smith and King upfront as you Know the guy so well, something you denied on kickback after the St. Johnstone game at New Victoria Park

Sam has now tweeted that the game is still on. I suspect that Sam has been wound up by Darren or someone else.

Just for you, I will repeat that I do not "know the guy so well". I have his number because of the work I do for the HYDC website.

Did you not ask him what he was having for tea? Shocking way of using a contact you have to help inform fans about the game tomorrow, shame on you FF!

Bumping this back to the top to remind folks about this game tonight. A great chance to see our future stars and to swell the club's fighting fund.

I think I'm going to get along to this game tonight.

Not been able to get to any games this season as been skint but I'm sure I could afford a 10er donation for tonights game.

Getting tired of Hearts saying they have exhasted all possible revenue streams - how about u20s games being played during the summer months midweek at Tynie? Damn freezing tonight.

loveofthegame

Getting tired of Hearts saying they have exhasted all possible revenue streams - how about u20s games being played during the summer months midweek at Tynie? Damn freezing tonight.

This has nothing to do with Hearts and is not a decision they could make alone

This has nothing to do with Hearts and is not a decision they could make alone

True, but Hearts do have a say in the running of Scottish Football, and it seems like only Elvis has any decent ideas on change. Doncaster and Regan can't be relied upon to change.

I know we have other issues just now, but seems all the positives are coming from fans only.

jamboinglasgow

True, but Hearts do have a say in the running of Scottish Football, and it seems like only Elvis has any decent ideas on change. Doncaster and Regan can't be relied upon to change.

I know we have other issues just now, but seems all the positives are coming from fans only.

The main problem with that is part of the basis of the Under 20 league is either develop young players to move them into the first team or give senior players game time so they can get back into the first team. If you put it during the summer months you put the players at risk of burn out during the winter if they are trying to get into the first team as they would be playing all year round.

I agree with youth football being played between March and November and its fine if people want to move the SPL/SFL season to this time as well, but it just wouldn't work if the SPL season is August to May and the SPL U20 league is March to November.

Footballfirst

Team Ridgers A.King Keegan Prychynenko McGhee Mullen B King Nicholson Carrick Smith Oliver

Subs Millar G Scott Gordon McMillan Beith Ford A Scott

Team Ridgers A.King Keegan Prychynenko McGhee Mullen B King Nicholson Carrick Smith Oliver

Hope Smith gets a goal or three and Denis scores from a free-kick.

Tiny attendance...yes weather is rank, or has the fundraising ran out of steam?

Will keep an eye on G Smith and Carrick. Not convinced former is the answer for first team...

One nil. Big Dennis with free kick from edge of box parried by keeper, Carrick scored with follow up...

jamboinglasgow

How are they arranged? I would it is 4-3-3 as come up, but thats a lot of forward players in one team.

Archived