VISA GIFT CARDS - AVOID

H2

I got a Visa gift card, as a gift. It's all activated shows to be valid on the internet, but does not work. Tried to use it on the internet - rejected. I got the receipt for it from my sister went to Tesco's where she bought it, tried to buy goods with it there - Rejected. Went to customer services at Tesco - they confirmed it was valid, even proved it by taking a penny off it!

Oh well then can i have the money back for the goods i just bought and you take the card the card - No.

Can I have a refund on the card? - No.

They told me I need to phone the number on the receipt, it's nothing to do with them! Oh how convenient , a premium rate number that only operates Monday to Friday!

Beware of buying VISA gift cards for anyone !

I got a Visa gift card, as a gift. It's all activated shows to be valid on the internet, but does not work. Tried to use it on the internet - rejected. I got the receipt for it from my sister went to Tesco's where she bought it, tried to buy goods with it there - Rejected. Went to customer services at Tesco - they confirmed it was valid, even proved it by taking a penny off it!

Oh well then can i have the money back for the goods i just bought and you take the card the card - No.

Can I have a refund on the card? - No.

They told me I need to phone the number on the receipt, it's nothing to do with them! Oh how convenient , a premium rate number that only operates Monday to Friday!

Beware of buying VISA gift cards for anyone !

You bought it from them, I think this is bollocks.

Hopefully someone who knows a bit more than me can confirm though.

No expert, but I would say your contract is with the retailer (Tesco) that you bought the goods from. They've sold you something "faulty" or "not fit for purpose", so it's up to them to rectify it, not you.

I bought a foreign currency one for myself in euros and dollars once and never had any issues with purchases or cash withdrawals in either the UK (where it could still be used) or in Europe or be USA.

Archived