Bums on seats today?

maroonedinoz

maroonedinoz

Not the 'including season tickets, hospitality and complimentaries etc'... but how many does everybody think were actually in attendance today?

yawn, put it this way gary glen the new hammer o the hibs, and he's no even faced them yet

and i was there ya trawling hobo

maroonedinoz
yawn, put it this way gary glen the new hammer o the hibs, and he's no even faced them yet

and i was there ya trawling hobo

it was a genuine question......

Charlie-Brown

Between 10K & 12K - I sit at the very back of the old stand so it's hard to judge properly but that's what other people posted on an earlier thread .... however it was significantly more than attended either the Aberdeen v Hibs or Motherwell v Dundee Utd so apparently our bottom 6 meaningless match was more attractive spectacle than Top 6 Uefa Cup place clashes.

maroonedinoz
Between 10K & 12K - I sit at the very back of the old stand so it's hard to judge properly but that's what other people posted on an earlier thread .... however it was significantly more than attended either the Aberdeen v Hibs or Motherwell v Dundee Utd so apparently our bottom 6 meaningless match was more attractive spectacle than Top 6 Uefa Cup place clashes.

That's a fair crowd considering all the circumstances..apparently at Aberdeen there were three sheep and a dug...

maroonedinoz

We got the Motherwell v Dundee United game live on Setanta here, and flicked from the man U v Chelseas game that was broadcast in competition..but if that's the 'improved' Firs Park pitch, then god knows what teh 'bad' one was like.

does the groundsman stil have a job?

Public parks I used to play on in the 70's in Edinburgh were in better nick.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Can anyone confirm the official "intendance"? Can't find it anywhere!

That's a fair crowd considering all the circumstances..apparently at Aberdeen there were three sheep and a dug...

Don`t forget the 2 players !! who were sitting in the stand, having had enough on the pitch.

onlyonebusby
Maybe they are to embarassed to release the figures.

actual 'bums on seats' was no more than 9000 but club wil claim 11,500

theres no way every second seat was empty the roseburn maybe??? the other 3 stands were way over 50 percent full so id say 12500-13000

Nucky Thompson

The seats paid for 15,431, but I reckon 13,500. There was a lot more people in the main stand this week, the Gorgie looked full, the Wheatfield had a few spaces here and there, but if you take out the hearts fans in the Roseburn, they would easily fill the spaces in the other 3 stands. 3 full stands at Tynie is about 13,500.

I took my seat at about five minutes before kick-off.

It was actually quite scary and I had to check my watch as it actually looked more like the numbers you'd expect to see at say 2:30 :eek:

Easily 1 in 4 seats empty ..........with Section A of course being the worst. That has surely got to be noticed in match day takings :sad:

portobellojambo1

It was more than 9,000. I would say your second figure is nearer to the mark, 11,500, 12,000 tops.

Jambof3tornado

Lets do a head count,

I was there 1

so wis my boy 2

so wiz my bro 3

so was my bro in law 4

so was his cousin 5

the usual 2 chaps were behind me so that 7 so far,any to add??

Ps who actually gives a toss how many were there,all clubs include S/T's in attendances so lets not fight over nothing!!!;)

Archived