Fans Rally on SSN

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

heartyharry2012

?700.

I think Thomas Flogel's 1998 Scottish Cup final shirt raised ?2,000 and Stephane Adam's shirt from the same game raised ?1,700.

The total has been revised to ?25,000 from the auction, the raffle raised ?7,000, tickets were ?20 a head (so 300 * ?20 = ?6,000), so all in all it looks like the overall total will be around ?40,000+.

Fantastic effort well done everyone that was there!

heartyharry2012

?700.

I think Thomas Flogel's 1998 Scottish Cup final shirt raised ?2,000 and Stephane Adam's shirt from the same game raised ?1,700.

The total has been revised to ?25,000 from the auction, the raffle raised ?7,000, tickets were ?20 a head (so 300 * ?20 = ?6,000), so all in all it looks like the overall total will be around ?40,000+.

Fantastic effort well done everyone that was there!

Can I just say that I was one of the organisers, an 40k is way of the mark, we raised roughly 24.5k between the auction, silent auction, ticket money and ice breaker quiz, we have yet to do a final count as soon as we know we will let everyone know.

Thanks to all who came and dug deep for the cause.

Kemble's Cascade

Excellent stuff.

One thing though - the report on Sky Sports News said we had our first home sellout for five years against St. Mirren - what a lot of pish.

Hope not!

Well done to all cracking effort.

:spoton:

Last thing we need is McGlynn signing players......

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Excellent stuff.

One thing though - the report on Sky Sports News said we had our first home sellout for five years against St. Mirren - what a lot of pish.

Yep It was our biggest home crowd for 5 years but not first time home end had sold out in 5 years we've sold out Gorgie wheatfield and main many time against hibs Celtic oldco. Difference yesterday was getting 3.5 sections in Roseburn and selling out

And I would just like to add the chunt Gerry McCulloch from ssn is a proper front bum as well .

Kemble's Cascade

Yep It was our biggest home crowd for 5 years but not first time home end had sold out in 5 years we've sold out Gorgie wheatfield and main many time against hibs Celtic oldco. Difference yesterday was getting 3.5 sections in Roseburn and selling out

I know that, but it certainly didn't come across that way in the report. Your average person would think it was our first sellout for five years.

tartofmidlothian

:spoton:

Last thing we need is McGlynn signing players......

Yeah, I was just joking.

Or is it the McGlynn part you objected to?

Can I just say that I was one of the organisers, an 40k is way of the mark, we raised roughly 24.5k between the auction, silent auction, ticket money and ice breaker quiz, we have yet to do a final count as soon as we know we will let everyone know.

Thanks to all who came and dug deep for the cause.

:bravo:

Great day glad tonhave attended, bid for a few items but the generousity of others rendered the sought after items going for high prices and rightly so.

Be interested in the final total as cant see it being less that suggested although unsure if takings from bar etc are included. Certainly the auction, silent suction , fiver in envelope and the fiver quiz thing must have amassed a few bob from a 350 attendance . Scott fantastic as usual and a few unusual moves on the dance floor later on :-) oh aye and the acual ticket/ entrance ?20

Big Zal also seems to be reaping the praise for his current leadership qualities and was well recieved

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I know that, but it certainly didn't come across that way in the report. Your average person would think it was our first sellout for five years.

sloppy journalism really

Great day glad tonhave attended, bid for a few items but the generousity of others rendered the sought after items going for high prices and rightly so.

Be interested in the final total as cant see it being less that suggested although unsure if takings from bar etc are included. Certainly the auction, silent suction , fiver in envelope and the fiver quiz thing must have amassed a few bob from a 350 attendance . Scott fantastic as usual and a few unusual moves on the dance floor later on :-) oh aye and the acual ticket/ entrance ?20

Big Zal also seems to be reaping the praise for his current leadership qualities and was well recieved

The takings from the bar are not included,they were not being donated.

Yeah, I was just joking.

Or is it the McGlynn part you objected to?

McGlynn signing players scares the hell out of me, given his previous he would sign a left back and then attempt to play them up front!!

Kalamazoo Jambo

McGlynn signing players scares the hell out of me, given his previous he would sign a left back and then attempt to play them up front!!

Like that Skacel bloke?

I was there yesterday and think great credit also goes to the players and staff who attended. Notably, Big Zal got a mighty reception and Gowser and baby Gowser were being auctioned off to sit at peoples tables. John McGlynn was there for the duration and was more than happy to pose for photos etc. He was also genuinely interested in the people asking for photos and was happy to chat. A gentleman indeed.

A well lubricated sing song nearer the end was quality !! Well done to all.

Proud to be a Jambo !!!

Kemble's Cascade

sloppy journalism really

Yup. I wouldn't expect much else on something football related north of the border though to be honest. <_<

tartofmidlothian

I don't know, I reckon it'd be refreshIng to see a Hearts manager picking a couple of his own players. Not had that since Jefferies.

is there a full listing of what items went for what?

Not that I am aware of.....Here is the ones I remember:

Corporate box hospitality at Pittodrie for any game - ?900

McGowan brothers signed and framed 2012 McCraes battalion commemorative shirts - ?2000

Table for 4 in Gorgie suite for New Years derby - ?850

Rudi Skacel 2006 cup final top (donated by Paul Hartley) - ?1300

Stephane Adam 1998 cup final top - ?1700

Commemorative poppy top from season 07/08 signed by Dave Mackay - ?750

Aye,big Zal got a great reception although the cheer may have been for his jacket!! :curtain:

Great day,good speakers with John Rowbotham a stand out....very funny!

I'm delighted this went as well as it did.

Big praise to all involved.

On a side note, I'm glad rowbotham has found his ideal job cos tbf he was a pish ref.

Archived