Ann Budge

Gorgiewave

But there is a third option.........you just don't have the intelligence to understand the workings of the deal and that is what I am leaning towards.

It is possible I don't understand the workings of the deal, I really don't obsess over the details. But in a nutshell my understanding of the deal is;

1. Budge fronts 2.5m for the CVA and owns the club

2. Within 5 years, she has been paid back.

As far as I can tell, she is not investing in the club at all.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• Don Dan

• Footballfirst

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Does the "grand scheme of things" not involve the very existence of HMFC?

As I said, she is throwing us a lifeline by fronting 2.5m. But she will be getting her money back. It's not like she is making a donation of 2.5m to save the club. Sure, she may be putting money in FoH on the QT but I don't know that.

time, effort, commitment - I'm more impressed with that tbh. Think some people underestimate that.

money is saving us of course.

good some people are sceptical though everyone else's backing does make a difference so good on you.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

As I said, she is throwing us a lifeline by fronting 2.5m. But she will be getting her money back. It's not like she is making a donation of 2.5m to save the club. Sure, she may be putting money in FoH on the QT but I don't know that.

:lol:

You're at it.

It is possible I don't understand the workings of the deal, I really don't obsess over the details. But in a nutshell my understanding of the deal is;

There was never any promise to invest...............................except perhaps in your own mind

J.T.F.Robertson

Again, I don't want to appear ungrateful but in the grand scheme of things, she is giving us a short term loan for which she will be paid back in full. All well and good. But I don't get the falling at her feet and worship that follows.

I'll wager that's also the last thing she wants. However, you can understand some going OTT, after all, without her involvement, there's a good chance we'd really be donald ducked.

Or can't you even see that?

There was never any promise to invest...............................except perhaps in your own mind

Financial investment no but emotional investment yes.

I take it you understand that when she gets her money back she no longer owns the club and the FOH do.

In terms of "going undercover", this one is about as good as if Donnie Brasco turned up to his first mafia meeting with Groucho Marx specs, moustache and plastic nose on.

Again, I don't want to appear ungrateful but in the grand scheme of things, she is giving us a short term loan for which she will be paid back in full. All well and good. But I don't get the falling at her feet and worship that follows.

Do you get that without Ann Budge we wouldn't have a Heart of Midlothian to support? On that basis I'm happy to "worship" her as words cannot describe how grateful I am to her!

You have read that wrong. The context was that she is not risking anything. She fronts the money she gets paid back. That is the crux of the deal right ? All well and good, I'm grateful she has done this although I can understand why people think I am not. I'm just not going to worship her like some.

Would that be the questions which if the FOH proposal was read, & I mean really read properly, there would be no need for said questions..

without getting arsey about this, because the main question I had was subsequently answered by FoH, it was never made clear that the repayment of loan wouldn't happen from day one.

I don't get why people think asking legitimate questions is bolshy.

kingantti1874

You have read that wrong. The context was that she is not risking anything. She fronts the money she gets paid back. That is the crux of the deal right ? All well and good, I'm grateful she has done this although I can understand why people think I am not. I'm just not going to worship her like some.

Hold your counsel then and let people who understand the situation show their gratitude.

However, you can understand some going OTT,

Actually I can't for reasons expressed earlier.

after all, without her involvement, there's a good chance we'd really be donald ducked.

Or can't you even see that?

Possibly. But we are headed for some interesting times.

Actually I can't for reasons expressed earlier.

Possibly. But we are headed for some interesting times.

WE are....................you perhaps are not.

Without we're f******. Where else do we get ?2.5 up front? You got it?

Of course it will suit many on here who have it in for Locke but I really do have to wonder about her credentials for running a football team. Still, she could do no worse than Vlad.

Give it a rest ffs!!! .net quiet tonight?

Hold your counsel then and let people who understand the situation show their gratitude.

Gratitude is fine and due. I just took issue with the OTT "above and beyond" stuff. I don't see it that way. Apologies.

Given her vast wealth, it seems to me she has reluctantly fronted a paltry 2.5m for which she will be paid back, probably more than her 2.5m outlay. In the meantime, FoH pledgers will be providing any cash shortfalls for running the club and paying existing debt etc. I hate to sound ungrateful but I don't consider that going above and beyond.

Given her vast wealth, it seems to me she has reluctantly fronted a paltry 2.5m for which she will be paid back, probably more than her 2.5m outlay. In the meantime, FoH pledgers will be providing any cash shortfalls for running the club and paying existing debt etc. I hate to sound ungrateful but I don't consider that going above and beyond.

OK then, you put up the money! oh you don't have it, quelle surprise!

portobellojambo1

Oh, I thought it was reported she had been consulting with Levein with a view to ultimately replacing Locke.

It was reported that she has been speaking to Craig Levein about footballing matters, the context and/or content of those discussions wasn't disclosed as far as I know. However, her, potentially looking for someone she feels is best placed to run the football team, i.e. the playing side of the business, seems to suggest to me that she doesn't intend running the football team herself, which is what you actually said originally and prompted my response. Only time will tell if the person chosen is Craig Levein, or if she was merely tapping into his experience for some guidance.

It was reported that she has been speaking to Craig Levein about footballing matters, the context and/or content of those discussions wasn't disclosed as far as I know. However, her, potentially looking for someone she feels is best placed to run the football team, i.e. the playing side of the business, seems to suggest to me that she doesn't intend running the football team herself, which is what you actually said originally and prompted my response. Only time will tell if the person chosen is Craig Levein, or if she was merely tapping into his experience for some guidance.

It's really good business practice, put good talented experienced people into place to do the jobs that need to be done, and let them get on with it.

Look Dopey, without her investment there would not be a club for us to support - how hard is that for you to grasp?

portobellojambo1

It's really good business practice, put good talented experienced people into place to do the jobs that need to be done, and let them get on with it.

Not according to Dazzle

Works on the park as well...really looking forward to the future...

Look Dopey, without her investment there would not be a club for us to support - how hard is that for you to grasp?

Dazzle doesn't seem to grasp the concept of investment, i.e you get a return on your money at whatever percentage the market will bear. FFS the rate is at current DEPOSIT rates she's gifting us the money for a few years effectively than we pay it back.....for the hard of thinking, its like the bank of mum & dad.

Dazzle doesn't seem to grasp the concept of investment, i.e you get a return on your money at whatever percentage the market will bear. FFS the rate is at current DEPOSIT rates she's gifting us the money for a few years effectively than we pay it back.....for the hard of thinking, its like the bank of mum & dad.

To be fair she could have charged what she liked, as there was NO other alternative. I despair about some of our so called fans!

Gratitude is fine and due. I just took issue with the OTT "above and beyond" stuff. I don't see it that way. Apologies.

Have you even the remotest idea what five years salary for a businesswoman of her calibre would cost - you know, for the same five years of her time that she is giving HMFC for nothing, nada, zilch, free..?

:blink:

Edited by The Gasman

This is a con.

This woman has used the fans through FOH to pay to keep the club going, she lends the club a small amount (in football terms this is small), gets her money back, and takes over the club for nothing!

As I read it she is asking even the manager to explain what eh does, in writing! If she does not know she ought not to be there.

It appears to me this woman is a chancer, the FOH is her tool, and yet another ego wishes to use the club for their own ends.

This woman is another Delia, I would prefer another Vlad, he would be less dangerous than this woman of whom we know little.

Who owns the ground?

What does she get out of this?

What money will she actually pay in?

We are being taken for suckers here, this woman should be told where to go!

This is a con.

This woman has used the fans through FOH to pay to keep the club going, she lends the club a small amount (in football terms this is small), gets her money back, and takes over the club for nothing!

As I read it she is asking even the manager to explain what eh does, in writing! If she does not know she ought not to be there.

It appears to me this woman is a chancer, the FOH is her tool, and yet another ego wishes to use the club for their own ends.

This woman is another Delia, I would prefer another Vlad, he would be less dangerous than this woman of whom we know little.

Who owns the ground?

Oh be quiet loser

Im nearly aghast at some peoples complete idiocy when it comes to our situation.

Ffs, did you really think we would just quickly bang together the 2.5 m in a year or two and that would be it? Get real! Compose yourself. Gather what brain cells you have, take deep breath and think!

Youll be the same punters who think the clubs only outgoing is our wage bill right? And youll be thinking our income will be at the same 7m level that we need when we hit the championship ? Potentially for more than one year.

Thats business planning. Im expecting a woman who turned a run of the mill idea into a 40m quid venture to know whats shes on about.

Mind, even if we are worth 25 million in 5 years, she gets the same back. Thats right, property could 'go mad' again and we could be sitting on a 15-20 million pound asset. How happy would u be giving 2.5m out, to be returned 'later', and on the cheap when you could have hedge funded That amount to the tune of 10m in half the time?

Bams.

This is a con.

Who owns the ground?

So many words, so little sense.......

Teuchterjambo

She is as you imply lending the money to the club and losing nothing according to you ... have you any idea how much that money could make her over 5 years .. she is losing a lot but you can't see it, you should really go to bed now because you are making a bit of a prat of yourself.

Thank you Ann Budge , you have made possible that which seemed impossible a short time ago. So many people will be eternally grateful and please don't pay any attention to a few loose cannons on here.

Private Womble

This is a con.

Who owns the ground?

:rofl:

This is a con.

Who owns the ground?

I

and so would our hopes of saving our team, quite unbelievable attitude.

She came to the fore because no one else would!!!

Also, is she not loaning the ? 2.5m with no interest repayment ?

I'm sure someone out there will be able to tell us what that would get lying in a high interest account for 5 years and also what we would expect to pay back in interest had we borrowed from a bank.

This is a con.

Who owns the ground?

Please bring back capital punishment

She is as you imply lending the money to the club and losing nothing according to you ... have you any idea how much that money could make her over 5 years .. she is losing a lot but you can't see it,

So that's the "above and beyond" bit ? Excuse me for being underwhelmed.

This is a con.

Who owns the ground?

You sound like a hibby who has just lost it. :raging: Edited by niblick1874

MacDonald Jardine

Before you buy and take over a company you carry out due diligence and if allowed influence the preceding period prior to take over. That way you see first hand and have the ability to steady the ship before you take full control. It's what good business people do.

WTF? We're in administration. What due diligence is there to do?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Also, is she not loaning the ? 2.5m with no interest repayment ?

I'm sure someone out there will be able to tell us what that would get lying in a high interest account for 5 years and also what we would expect to pay back in interest had we borrowed from a bank.

I think you will find high interest rates no longer exist, or do you not keep up to date with current affairs?