....the future is Maroon and White.

FTH

FTR

FTC

That is all.

wow,the top six must be quaking in their european boots

JamboRossi79
wow,the top six must be quaking in their european boots

Thanks for valued contribution. Were you there today ?

Nucky Thompson

The future is bright:) We have unearthed a great talent in young Glen.

portobellojambo1

FTH

FTR

FTC

That is all.

May one ask what draws you to this conclusion, one does hope you are not basing your analysis on today and last week, two meaningless, no pressure, games which given the circumstances would have further highlighted problems even greater than already exist had we somehow contrived to lose them.

JamboRossi79

Our team today :

Banks 36

Goncalves 22

Thomson 20

Berra 23

Karipidis 25

Cesnauskis 26

Mikoliunas 23

Jonsson 19

Palazuelos 25

Elliot 21

Glen 18

Wallace 20

Zaliukas 24

Robinson 16

JamboRossi79
May one ask what draws you to this conclusion, one does hope you are not basing your analysis on today and last week, two meaningless, no pressure, games which given the circumstances would have further highlighted problems even greater than already exist had we somehow contrived to lose them.

FFS Try telling that to Gary Glen.

portobellojambo1
FFS Try telling that to Gary Glen.

I am going to give you a little reminder here, when Calum Elliot first came into the side many thought he was the bees knees, one of the best young players to come through at Hearts, approximately 3 years later the truth has finally come through, on the evolution trail he ranks slightly above ****.

While I hope Gary Glen goes on to make it big to base an assumption that the future looks bright on one player's performance in two matches is just a tad naive in the extreme.

And yes, these fixtures are meaningless, if watching Hearts in the bottom 6 gives you pleasure I worry. These are games to play out the season, while I do not dispute the fact that Glen has played reasonably well in both games, and took his goal today excellently I witnessed nothing else which even made the thought "the future looks bright" cross my mind.

Nucky Thompson
two meaningless, no pressure, games
I know it sounds daft, but I have really enjoyed the last 2 games;)

Doctor FinnBarr
Our team today :

Banks 36

Goncalves 22

Thomson 20

Berra 23

Karipidis 25

Cesnauskis 26

Mikoliunas 23

Jonsson 19

Palazuelos 25

Elliot 21

Glen 18

Wallace 20

Zaliukas 24

Robinson 16

AVERAGE SQUAD AGE OF JUST UNDER 23!

:107years:

so have i Boo,i havnt been to them.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Yes, serious straw-clutching time from the usual lot.

Hopefully, Glen is a talent, but it was not long ago that Andy Driver made his lauded debut and then followed the usual criticism if he failed to shine in a game.

There is nothing much to base optimism on at the moment and at least Glen is something, but like you say these are meaningless games with suspect commitment in teams with nothing to play for.

Still, it is confidence building and experience gaining for a young player which is invaluable.

davemclaren

Still, it is confidence building and experience gaining for a young player which is invaluable.

A positive! ;)

portobellojambo1

I would suggest that you have enjoyed them because they were exactly that, no pressure games, nothing at stake.

cyanide_cid

FTH

FTR

FTC

That is all.

Erm...so which members of our current squad are going to challenge the Old Firm then oh optimistic WAY beyond belief one???

Gary Glen has made a promising start...that is all...people like you will put too much pressure on him and when he plays a couple of stinkers...you will be calling for his head.

Our team is mince...that is the simple truth of it...we may be the best of a bad bunch in the bottom 6...but WHOOOPTIEDOOOO!!! who gives a stuff...if things don't change at the club, then it will be the same all over again next season...

We need to punt half the squad, and bring in quality replacements...or the best we can ever hope for is a spot in the top 6...and with a major slice of luck the Uefa Cup...and if thats what you call success then you clearly have no ambition whatsoever, and you may as well support the wee team.

portobellojambo1

I agree totally FWJ, of course it is confidence building, and it will be invaluable experience for him. But that is where I would stop with regard to praise, certainly to go from there to the future looks bright is an absolutely massive step.

Independence
I am going to give you a little reminder here, when Calum Elliot first came into the side many thought he was the bees knees, one of the best young players to come through at Hearts, approximately 3 years later the truth has finally come through, on the evolution trail he ranks slightly above ****.

While I hope Gary Glen goes on to make it big to base an assumption that the future looks bright on one player's performance in two matches is just a tad naive in the extreme.

And yes, these fixtures are meaningless, if watching Hearts in the bottom 6 gives you pleasure I worry. These are games to play out the season, while I do not dispute the fact that Glen has played reasonably well in both games, and took his goal today excellently I witnessed nothing else which even made the thought "the future looks bright" cross my mind.

I find this one of the most PATRONISING comments ever to have appeared on KB!

Has KB sunk so low that we destroy our own players by calling them **** , sorry I cant do it!!!

Hearts fixtures are NEVER meaningless............I would suggest to PJ ........sorry I would be banned!!!

JamboRossi79

Just noticed you edited your post.

MOD EDIT

If you don't enjoy games then don't bother going. If you can't be positive at all then maybe it's time you gave it up. Take a bit of advice when you have nothing positive to say then say nothing at all.

I enjoyed the game today and I enjoyed the game last week too. I enjoy going to watch Hearts play football.

chester copperpot
Just noticed you edited your post.

FFS Don't talk so much utter pish.

If you don't enjoy games then don't bother going. If you can't be positive at all then maybe it's time you gave it up. Take a bit of advice when you have nothing positive to say then say nothing at all.

I enjoyed the game today and I enjoyed the game last week too. I enjoy going to watch Hearts play football.

PJ1 calls it like it is, to call him anything else is just wrong mate. Trust me I could tell you stories about him that would make even you doubt Vlad.

shaun.lawson

Well done to Gary Glen: it's always brilliant to see a youngster make the breakthrough.

However, the point remains that we have won two virtual exhibition games. Mark McGhee earlier compared the split to the play-offs: true if you have something to play for such as European qualification, but not at all true if you're in the bottom six and relegation's already been decided. For competitive edge, these games are equivalent to preseason friendlies - great that we won them, even better that younger players are being blooded; but it means nothing when set against the reasons why we're in the bottom six in the first place.

Roll on August - that's when business begins again. Everything else is just fluff and nonsense.

When people say challenging the Old Firm, what do they mean by this?

Is it beating them in games or being in and around 2nd and 3rd come the end of the season?

Just curious.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
When people say challenging the Old Firm, what do they mean by this?

Is it beating them in games or being in and around 2nd and 3rd come the end of the season?

Just curious.

I take that phrase to mean challenging for the league title.

The fact is these games mean nothing. However if the team had played like this in the last 4 games before the split we may have got more out of them.

We had nothing to lose before the split as we were trying to put a run together to get into the top 6, if we had played some of the younger guys earlier we may well have made it as these are the guys with something to prove not some of the usual suspects who we all know don't give two hoots for the club. On the flip side we may have ended up in the same situation.

These last 2 games have been fine but that is what happens when there is no pressure unfortunately for us.

JamboRossi79
Well done to Gary Glen: it's always brilliant to see a youngster make the breakthrough.

However, the point remains that we have won two virtual exhibition games. Mark McGhee earlier compared the split to the play-offs: true if you have something to play for such as European qualification, but not at all true if you're in the bottom six and relegation's already been decided. For competitive edge, these games are equivalent to preseason friendlies - great that we won them, even better that younger players are being blooded; but it means nothing when set against the reasons why we're in the bottom six in the first place.

Roll on August - that's when business begins again. Everything else is just fluff and nonsense.

Hearts winning football games is never "fluff and nonsense".

shaun.lawson
Hearts winning football games is never "fluff and nonsense".

So you get excited when Hearts win preseason friendlies too, I take it?

I take that phrase to mean challenging for the league title.

That's not so bad, I've read the only games we've lost in the last 15 have been against "them".

JamboRossi79

I enjoy Hearts winning wherever and whenever. Shouldn't every Hearts fan ?

shaun.lawson
I enjoy Hearts winning wherever and whenever. Shouldn't every Hearts fan ?

I don't care if Hearts win friendlies: these games are much more about development than results. I've only ever attended one pre-season friendly too (August '98 at Charlton) - because I regard committing to such games as proof of having finally crossed the fine line separating sadness from madness. You, on the other hand... ;)

Ryan Gosling

I do.

I love Hearts winning.

While I don't always agree (in fact these days I rarely ever agree) with what JamboRossi says I think the stick he gets on this site is ****ing outrageous. All he does, as far as I can see it, is sticking up for the team he loves. In my eyes his biggest crime is seeing Romanov as a part of Hearts and because of that, he doesn't want to see him critised as he is part of what he loves. It's something that a lot of people, including myself, don't see but all it is, is a different perspective and opinion. And what has he been greeted with for this opinion? Being called a Hibs fan. What an absolute joke.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Either the OP is the world's greatest optimist, in which case some of what he sweats should be bottled and given to people on depression, or the thread has been started as a subtle wind-up to other people who can't wait for the season to finish.

I don't really care either way but it's not often that the first two posts on a thread are from the same poster. :rolleyes:

FTH

FTR

FTC

That is all.

I'm happy we won as well.

Ignore the doomsday brigade. :cool:

Whilst JR79 is fishing as usual, I kinda agree with him re Glen. I have not seen him play as my absence continues, but two goals in two games stands out. Elliot, FWIW, I saw for the first time against Kilmarnock, away the first game of Burley's reign. Honest opinion? I didn't rate him, I remember him getting the other side of defenders twice and failing to A) get beyond them and B) get any sort of shot off. Elliot, IMO, has never been a big prospect.

As for the troll's post, Young players coming through IS positive, we do need to rear our own. What we also need to do is to manage them properly, get a skilled and professional coaching system in place to bring them through. THEN I will say there is a bright future ahead.

I ask you in most posts now in an attempt to drag an answer out of you, do you still think we do not need a manager?

Nucky Thompson
The Preston friendly 2 years ago was quality, big support all getting excited:rolleyes:

Dirk Diggler
It's that simple. :cool:

In the real world it certainly is.:):thumb:

Hearts win, I'm happy.

Hearts lose, I'm unhappy.

Whether it be friendlies, 'meaningless' bottom 6 games, or otherwise.

Nucky Thompson
While I don't always agree (in fact these days I rarely ever agree) with what JamboRossi says I think the stick he gets on this site is ****ing outrageous. All he does, as far as I can see it, is sticking up for the team he loves. In my eyes his biggest crime is seeing Romanov as a part of Hearts and because of that, he doesn't want to see him critised as he is part of what he loves. It's something that a lot of people, including myself, don't see but all it is, is a different perspective and opinion. And what has he been greeted with for this opinion? Being called a Hibs fan. What an absolute joke.
I agree with you. The amount of abuse a Hearts fan takes on a Hearts messageboard for sticking up for the team he loves is brutal:evilno: Apparently your a Hobo if you don't get stuck into Vlad/Frail/CO/certain players or anything the Club try and do:cool: It also helps if while abusing hearts, throw into the argument about Hubz being in the top 6, having no debt, having their own(not rented) training complex and will have a new stand before us:boak:

http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/page/U19Tables/0,,10002,00.html

http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Tables/0,,10002,00.html

Facts speak louder than words

FTH and FTR's who are both above us at youth level and FTC who have 2 games in hand and are a point behind us

the last 5 games are non entities against pish teams no one cares about, yesterday was like a challenge match and you cant judge anyone fully on these games

The other teams have things to fight for so of course they arent going to play their promising youths before established and proven regularls

Guest JamboRobbo
I agree with you. The amount of abuse a Hearts fan takes on a Hearts messageboard for sticking up for the team he loves is brutal:evilno:

He started a thread to get a reaction. When nobody replied, he started replying to himself until he stirred a reaction.

The replies he gets to that sort of stuff, is exactly what he deserves

boabyarsebiscuit

Wonder if we'll see JR79's flag at a game any time soon? That's the proof of the pudding. He's been ashamed to take that flag to games since early 2006/7. Actions speak louder than words.

JamboRossi79

Cheers mate and you have it almost spot on.

The only difference being that I don't go on about Romanov in my posts at all these days. Doesn't stop the usual folk posting the usual abuse, it does get quite boring but hey I don't particularly care what they think of me.

FTR I don't post wind ups only ever what I witness.

Yesterday I was quite happy with what I saw from the team in general considering the age of the squad and Glen just topped it off.

I thought the back five played pretty well with Jose having a couple of moments but he recovered.

I thought the midfield four were good with Ches having a couple of flashes but it not coming off for him. One example was the great ball across from Elliot to Ches who could have hit it first time on the volley but didn't and won the corner. We created a few good clear cut chances but just didn't take them.

Finally, I thought Glen in particular had a good game with his all round play and capped it off with a composed finish. Elliot had a indifferent afternoon, he tried hard and does link the play well at times but a couple of times it just didn't happen for him. The amount of abuse that Elliot has to take is ridiculous one guy every time he went anywhere near the ball yelled **** off Elliot every time, what is the point in turning up to a game to abuse one player for as long as they play ? What good can that possibly do ?

JamboRossi79
Wonder if we'll see JR79's flag at a game any time soon? That's the proof of the pudding. He's been ashamed to take that flag to games since early 2006/7. Actions speak louder than words.

Ashamed of a Hearts flag ? I don't think so. Wrong as usual Boaby. I just can't be bothered with the hassle from any @rseholes for myself or my family, it ain't worth it.

Boaby Ewing

Why did you reply to your own thread?

Frankly, you dish out as much abuse as you get, then greet about it like a wee lassie. It's all quite amusing.

I'm glad you think things are on the up.

Toxteth O'Grady
http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/page/U19Tables/0,,10002,00.html

http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Tables/0,,10002,00.html

Facts speak louder than words

FTH and FTR's who are both above us at youth level and FTC who have 2 games in hand and are a point behind us

the last 5 games are non entities against pish teams no one cares about, yesterday was like a challenge match and you cant judge anyone fully on these games

The other teams have things to fight for so of course they arent going to play their promising youths before established and proven regularls

So will you be betting on St Mirren to win the SPL within the next couple of years?

Archived