what does a 16 year old playing today do for other youngsters

oh ah grantona

oh ah grantona

imo if i was a regular member of the reserves and this young lad got a chance ahead of me i wouldnt be happy and wouldnt be good for morale.

Nothing against the young lad just think others could have had a chance with him moving to reserves, i dont even know if he has turned out for reserves

Charlie-Brown

It should throw down the gauntlet to them to prove themselves worthy of a chance and also inspire them that if they are good enough they are old enough.

However regards Robinson (unless he develops a bad attitude or gets injury problems) there is little doubt the lad will become a player.

chester copperpot
imo if i was a regular member of the reserves and this young lad got a chance ahead of me i wouldnt be happy and wouldnt be good for morale.

Nothing against the young lad just think others could have had a chance with him moving to reserves, i dont even know if he has turned out for reserves

I think its a good thing. IMO the reserves have been full of rejects for most of the season.

Except Mole who's done well since coming back. But he was injured today.

That's the nature of the game of football, i'm afraid.

Tell me someone that was fit that deserved their chance before Robinson?

oh ah grantona
Some people are never happy eh ?

nah im happy with youngsters getting chance but i find it scary we have to look to a 16 year old as our next best option why no kostantinov(sp) i know he may be havin problems but this could give him a lift just like glenn is getting

Tell me someone that was fit that deserved their chance before Robinson?

Mackle

Cowan

Mckenzie

Wallace

All played a lot more u19 and/or reserve games than robinson has

To me robinson was merely a tool to set a record today as opposed to being the most advanced of the youths

chester copperpot
nah im happy with youngsters getting chance but i find it scary we have to look to a 16 year old as our next best option why no kostantinov(sp) i know he may be havin problems but this could give him a lift just like glenn is getting

Away with Bulgaria, but I could be wrong.

Away with Bulgaria, but I could be wrong.

He must play for Bulgaria more than Hearts U 19s and Reserves

chester copperpot
He must play for Bulgaria more than Hearts U 19s and Reserves

Possibly, but does that not say more about us than Bulgaria and him?:rolleyes:

Mackle

Cowan

Mckenzie

Wallace

To me robinson was merely a tool to set a record today as opposed to being the most advanced of the youths

I would prefer to have a football professional make the choice as to what player deserves his chance than you. No offence.

Can't we just be happy for the lad - or is that an offence on kickback these days :mad:

Ryan Gosling

McKenzie and Mackle are not strikers.

And I thought Prancer hated Mackle? Obviously not when he has an argument.

Pete Seeger
Mackle

Cowan

Mckenzie

Wallace

Totally agree. I'm happy the young boys are getting a chance and long may it continue but i do kind of agree with the original poster that it's a kick in the nads to the 19's boys. However thats football.

Ryan Gosling

'So I reckon Robinson is the best prospect out of the rest of the strikers in the U19s.'

'I agree. You gonna pick him?'

'Nah I'll pick someone older who isn't as good so Prancer on Kickback doesn't moan, and so everyone feels better.'

I would prefer to have a football professional make the choice as to what player deserves his chance than you. No offence.

Can't we just be happy for the lad - or is that an offence on kickback these days :mad:

So Let me get this right

The regime rate Robinson higher than these players but regularly start them above him or play those boys at reserve level as opposed to pom

Pom was included because of the little love in people have been having for him and the record attached as opposed to being the most advanced of the youths otherwise he would be starting every week at reserve and u19 level before these boys

McKenzie and Mackle are not strikers.

And I thought Prancer hated Mackle? Obviously not when he has an argument.

Both are wingers who have regularly been pushed into striking positions

'So I reckon Robinson is the best prospect out of the rest of the strikers in the U19s.'

'Nah I'll pick someone older who isn't as good so Prancer on Kickback doesn't moan, and so everyone feels better.'

If he is the best prospect why are the boys named above playing before him at reserve and u19 level?

That listening device you installed in Shaggy's desk is worth its weight in gold mate.

Ryan Gosling
If he is the best prospect why are the boys named above playing before him at reserve and u19 level?

Well looking at the highlights of the U19s, it appears he's been starting the U19 games with Wallace, and McKenzie hasn't played for the U19s in a while.

And Mackle is not very good as you've said yourself.

Anyway, discussion finished. You've got such tunnel vision there's no point going any further.

Ibrahim Tall

15 year olds can't play in SPL reserve games, correct me if i'm wrong but he's only just turned 16 in the last few weeks? Hardly fair to bring them up as a point.

16 1 month and 14 days i think Scott Wilson said

Prancer were you one of the ones who said Glen is not ready for the first team (I cant remember and im not having a go :) )

The younger players must surely be inspired that some are getting the chance.

For a while they must have wondered if anyone would get a look in.

Pretty sure none of the 17s/19s were played prior the split

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

To me robinson was merely a tool to set a record today

I agree with this part. It was a bit of a stunt to help ticket sales. However, I just do not understand how there is anything negative about our young players being given first-team experience. Robinson is only 16, Glen is only 17 or 18, there's a fair chance both of them could be here long after Romanov has gone. To bash their selection seems short-sighted to me.

blame romanov

Ryan Gosling
I agree with this part. It was a bit of a stunt to help ticket sales. However, I just do not understand how there is anything negative about our young players being given first-team experience. Robinson is only 16, Glen is only 17 or 18, there's a fair chance both of them could be here long after Romanov has gone. To bash their selection seems short-sighted to me.

I think the marketing people (Lawrence) turned it into a marketing ploy, I don't think that's why he was selected.

Denny Crane

If the kid has shown talent beyond his years (as did Norman Whiteside at his age who went on to play in a World Cup a year later) then he deserves his break. Football should really be about how good you are not "how many years you've plyed your trade".

HillmanHearts
If the kid has shown talent beyond his years (as did Norman Whiteside at his age who went on to play in a World Cup a year later) then he deserves his break. Football should really be about how good you are not "how many years you've plyed your trade".

100% correct. ( Far too much negative guff about this ) Go for it wee man !

Archived