Im a bit of a wreck on the drink !

Barney Rubble

Barney Rubble

And im fed up , so im looking to limit my alcohol intake this festive season but still be able to take part socially as there will be no avoiding it so whats the best low alcoholic drinks out there folks i like lager and cider and even if theres any decent spirits i will give it a shot if youll pardon the pun , but this lifestyle of throwing it down my neck and then taking part in some of the most bizarre and embarrassing moments of my life has to end .

Try having a soft drink/water every second drink first.

No doubt one of your mates will give you a funny look/call you gay though. Tossers.

My view now is not to try and keep up with people that can drink faster than you - drink at your own pace. There are some guys I've met that can open their throats and literally tip the drink straight down it. Attempting to keep up with that is a guaranteed path to the gutter or vomit central.

If I drink at my own pace and then switch to shorts when I begin to feel full, I can keep going at a slower pace for the remainder of the night. Vodka and Coke is a fairly safe drink for me, although others struggle with it.

The big problem is knowing when you have had more than enough and having the sense to call it quits. Sometimes the big mistake is hanging around because some of your mates are still in a place. I got sick of nighclubs for that reason - being stuck in a small confined space with little or no air conditioning, crap music, long waits at the bar with rip-off prices for a captive audience, and toilets that are miles away from any space you can find.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

No doubt one of your mates will give you a funny look/call you gay though. Tossers.

First of all, I know that feel bro.

The above definitely works and you feel much better in the morning. You will get ripped though but better than making a ***** of yourself, right?

Got a 6 pack of becks blue... Will let you know.... Fancy some of this for when I am driving (that day or next day) not sure how many of these I can have and still drive???

Barney Rubble

Got a 6 pack of becks blue... Will let you know.... Fancy some of this for when I am driving (that day or next day) not sure how many of these I can have and still drive???

Whats the alcohol content per bottle ? as i am definately goin down this route so i will give it a try but it all depends on avaliabilty of whatever one i like , i reckon something with a max of 3% alcohol will do me fine ,

This is quite possibly the gayest thread Ive ever read on here.

:lol: if it wasn't for this killer hangover I would be thinking the same

Barney Rubble

I tried that one on friday night only after every 4 pints and i still got mullered and made an arse of myself !

AGAIN ! :sob:

Guest C00l K1d

Sounds like a challenge.

:laugh:

So 200 bottles of becks blue is the equivalent of 1 pint?

It is 1 pint you're allowed and still drive isn't it?

This is quite possibly the gayest thread Ive ever read on here.

This. I can handle my bevvy coz im no a poof

Saying that, i drank a bottle of jayger and a 70cl of Morgans at a Haloween party last week and made a complete tit of myself :sob:

J Cheever Loophole

:laugh:

So 200 bottles of becks blue is the equivalent of 1 pint?

It is 1 pint you're allowed and still drive isn't it?

I toil getting rid of my empties the now,never mind trying to get rid of 2,000 bottles a day,Jesus Christ.

Are they big bottles?

Don't drink and drive at all!

I toil getting rid of my empties the now,never mind trying to get rid of 2,000 bottles a day,Jesus Christ.

Are they big bottles?

Don't drink and drive at all!

I agree, however, sometimes I like a wee beer and don't want to chance it the next day.... just looking at possibilities....

your body takes about an hour to process an average pint of lager. so if you have a pint an hour you will stay on the level. once you start going over this then thats when you start to reach the point of no return as you are drinking faster than your body can process it.

try to keep at this pace for the first 2, 3 or 4 hours depending on how long you are staying out. then when everyone else is pretty hammered and you are coasting along nicely you can increase your pace. that way your night will probably last longer and you have not been fecked from the start.

as mentioned previously have a soft drink in between if you don't want to miss a round or drink a lesser strength lager/beer to begin with.

also, alcohol dehydrates you. it takes water from your brain, thats why you end up with a sore head in the morning. if you drink water before/during/after a bevy it will lessen your sore head/hangover in the morning, although you may be up half the night at the loo

Drink vodka all night, works a treat for me

I'm not sure if you're taking the piss but I have to admit I'm fine on the vodka baut end up a mess on lager.

Last night I was a disgrace. :10600:

your body takes about an hour to process an average pint of lager. so if you have a pint an hour you will stay on the level. once you start going over this then thats when you start to reach the point of no return as you are drinking faster than your body can process it.

try to keep at this pace for the first 2, 3 or 4 hours depending on how long you are staying out. then when everyone else is pretty hammered and you are coasting along nicely you can increase your pace. that way your night will probably last longer and you have not been fecked from the start.

as mentioned previously have a soft drink in between if you don't want to miss a round or drink a lesser strength lager/beer to begin with.

also, alcohol dehydrates you. it takes water from your brain, thats why you end up with a sore head in the morning. if you drink water before/during/after a bevy it will lessen your sore head/hangover in the morning, although you may be up half the night at the loo

Sorry but your first paragraph is wrong, your body processes a unit an hour. A pint of 4% lager is two units, so would take two hours to process.

I drink Guinness or heavy normally. It means I get full before I'm hammered and know it's time to stop.

If I move onto spirits it's a very bad move. I love rum but tend to drink the expensive ones that you drink like a single malt so don't have many.

And vodka makes me aggressive so I don't do that anymore as I'm to soft to back up my aggression.

Barney Rubble

Sorry but your first paragraph is wrong, your body processes a unit an hour. A pint of 4% lager is two units, so would take two hours to process.

Jeezo so i would need 2 days to go for a night out :wtf:

This is nonsense. Its around 1 unit of alcohol per hour. 1 pint of Carling 4% is about 2.3 units. Therefore at the best possible rate, you'll still only process it in about 2 hours 20 mins. Best advice is just to drink at a slow rate and pace yourself.

I'm not sure if you're taking the piss but I have to admit I'm fine on the vodka baut end up a mess on lager.

Last night I was a disgrace. :10600:

Serious, never been one for lager or beer and if I drink vodka obviously I get drunk but I can keep going and am still in a reasonable state

Need to as the mrs is a lightweight

Serious, never been one for lager or beer and if I drink vodka obviously I get drunk but I can keep going and am still in a reasonable state

Need to as the mrs is a lightweight

your Mrs is the lightweight??? :10900:

Blue Becks is disgusting tastes like out of date Fosters!!!

If your feeling wasted have 2 Grouse and Lemonades lots of ice... does the trick in the morning feel fresh as a cat!

Generic Username

Blue Becks is disgusting tastes like out of date Fosters!!!

If your feeling wasted have 2 Grouse and Lemonades lots of ice... does the trick in the morning feel fresh as a cat!

:jjyay:

KEARN-DIZZLE!

Becks Blue is the best of the virgin beers.

Really, really gotta disagree with that... :thumbsdown: Having sampled quite a few of the non-alky beers recently, I'd have to say that Beck's Blue is probably the worst: thin-tasting, sour, and watery. :toilet:

I know it's all a question of taste and personal preference, but I think Bavaria 0.0 is much more pleasant, and actually has a little bit of body and malty character to it. I was quite surprised that the Cobra zero was OK too, as most Indian beers I have tried before have been pish. If you like wheat beer both the Erdinger Alkohol Frei and the Bavaria zero % Witbeir are pretty good. Asda tends to have some good offers on non-alky brews, and Sainsbury's has a couple on offer just now as well.

If i can get the album done with some funds al donate all the funds to Hearts...am gutted enough cause I dont get paid till next week was wanting to go to the St Mirren game this weekend :(

Generic Username

If i can get the album done with some funds al donate all the funds to Hearts...am gutted enough cause I dont get paid till next week was wanting to go to the St Mirren game this weekend :(

Kearney I'll buy you a season ticket for life if you promise never to leave, ever, ever again.

Someone said to me once that drinking alcohol-free beer was like muffing your own sister.

Tastes the same, but it's not quite right.

Snake Plissken

You have to tell us what you've done.

Sounds terrible.

:jjyay:

This.

Don't worry, it'll probably get deleted anyway.

Used to drink lager then after 6/7 pints got fed up with it then went onto vodka/cola

then maybe odd half pint of lager - bad idea

tried starting off vodca/ cola and half pint lager- another bad idea

now just half vodo/cola and to get rid of the thirst with half pints blackcurrant ice and water

Drink all day no hangover.

Quite a few heart attacks and cases of cirrhosis of the liver on here. It's not being a killjoy to say drinking alcohol isn't hard.

Quite a few heart attacks and cases of cirrhosis of the liver on here. It's not being a killjoy to say drinking alcohol isn't hard.

Some may even say it's easy.

Notorious BIG

Only Bevy I can drink these days that I dont get a hangover and that I actually like the taste of is Mixed Fruits or Strawberry and Lime Kopparberg :bitgay:

Im only 20 :sob:

Thistly Cross sell a low alcohol cider (0.5%). I'm sure I bought some in Great Grog in Newington a while back... Tasty and great for those of us who hate lager.

Cobra.... not nice, had an aftertaste of Bovril...currently sampling an Eisberg Cabernet Sauvignon... not too bad but nothing like a good red....a bit sweet on first taste but very palatable.....would be great with food for the designated driver and only ?2.99 a bottle in Lidl. I just bought a fe cases for when I have to drive the next day

Archived