Jason Thomson / Robbie / Right Back (Merged Threads)

Rawrrrrrrr

Mr Quagmire
I think Thomson has been okay in a couple of very slow paced games so far.

He has not been up against McGeady or McCulloch and I think that he would suffer if he was.

I doubt that he is good enough to challenge for the RB spot with Neilson next year, but Thomson should get most of the last 3 games as a 'last chance' to prove himself. He is at that stage when he needs to break through.

Thomson is a far better RB.

I am sure that you are Robbie Neilson himself.

Mr Quagmire
This is what ****es me off about this board, I have simply shared what I see and that is that he wont make it as this level and is not as good as Neilson, other posters have agreed

Yet Im the one who gets the personal or unnecessary abuse, its frankly embarassing to this whole site and shows the complete ****ing childishness of some posters on here that they are incapable of debating or acting like adults

And as for the poster who says JT is not paid a good wage because he drives a few year old corsa, Im sure plenty of young guys, and footballers at other clubs would be estatic to own their own car, have their own home/flat and still enjoy the style of living JT does

We pay our average youths that are still to make it far too much, players like Matty Doherty, The armstrongs and McLaughlin are all paid far too much for what they are

Taking into account all your posts it is you that is an embarrassment.

:rolleyes:

Charlie-Brown

Most fullbacks & defenders in the SPL have difficulty in keeping out Celtic & Rangers over 90 minutes & over the season - I don't see why this criteria should be applied to Jason Thomson when Neilson simply fell over to allow a Rangers attacker set up one of their goals in the last match at Tynie which we lost 4-0 - Neilson also played in 3-0 & 5-0 defeats at Celtic Park this season - as well as our 4-2 win over Rangers and our 2-0 victory & 1-1 draw with Celts........And if we are worried about Thomson in the big games then we simply let him play as much as possible until he learns how to handle them - that is the only way any player learns.

This is what ****es me off about this board, I have simply shared what I see and that is that he wont make it as this level and is not as good as Neilson, other posters have agreed

Yet Im the one who gets the personal or unnecessary abuse, its frankly embarassing to this whole site and shows the complete ****ing childishness of some posters on here that they are incapable of debating or acting like adults

And as for the poster who says JT is not paid a good wage because he drives a few year old corsa, Im sure plenty of young guys, and footballers at other clubs would be estatic to own their own car, have their own home/flat and still enjoy the style of living JT does

We pay our average youths that are still to make it far too much, players like Matty Doherty, The armstrongs and McLaughlin are all paid far too much for what they are

I would suggest it is the way you say things rather than necessarily what you say...IIRC you began your OP with something along the lines of "Let me put this myth to rest..." Bit presumptuous and conceited sounding? No?

Lets put the little myth to bed then, hes had 2 games and quite rightly neilson will be back next week

Not even in neilsons class

I hope that`s a wind-up? Got to be surely FFS?

Thomson can pass and cross, not a bad start IMO, and he has a bit pace. He must be only 19,20 so he`s got time to get even better if he works for it.

(please hurry Jason)

Salvatore's Tash

I honestly don't know how you can even make so many judgements about a Right back over 2 games. Jason has done nothing wrong, has looked steady and comfortable on the ball. He started the move for our first goal against St. Mirren and stared the move for Glen's goal today.

He is a full back, is expected to do nothing spectacular and first and foremost defend. I would say there is little more he could have done over the two games.

Salvatore's Tash

The guys wage should not be taken into account, nor should his car or house. Its his performance that should be judged.

His wage I'm sure is not something which has forced us into so much debt!!

Bunny Munro

Jt should play until the end of the season.

Robbie should be back in 1st game of next season, assuming we dont buy a new RB.

Peter Olivers Army

I have to say that your post comes across as being full of bitterness.

Were you turned down at youth level? Serious question.

I agree that footballers in general get paid too much, certainly those on thousands a week.

To JT himself. I feel he looks more comfortable with a football than Robbie could ever hope to but is obviously not the finished article. The rest of this meaningless season gives him a chance to learn & improve.

On a side-note, looking forward to his brother Danny continuing his current development.

Mr Quagmire
Disagree entirely, thought he was poor. Has played two games against poor opposition and has been no better than avarage

I take it no better than average translates to = he nearly won EVERY 50/50 he challenged for ? or how about the fact that his crosses were top notch and he made some nice runs going forward ? or how about the fact that he was even seen far left sweeping up the ones that Jose fecked up when ICT were on a counter attack ?

The list goes on im afraid.

Mr Quagmire
I have to say that your post comes across as being full of bitterness.

Were you turned down at youth level? Serious question.

I agree that footballers in general get paid too much, certainly those on thousands a week.

To JT himself. I feel he looks more comfortable with a football than Robbie could ever hope to but is obviously not the finished article. The rest of this meaningless season gives him a chance to learn & improve.

On a side-note, looking forward to his brother Danny continuing his current development.

No i think Prancer has got Napoleon Syndrome.

Mr Quagmire
I honestly don't know how you can even make so many judgements about a Right back over 2 games. Jason has done nothing wrong, has looked steady and comfortable on the ball. He started the move for our first goal against St. Mirren and stared the move for Glen's goal today.

He is a full back, is expected to do nothing spectacular and first and foremost defend. I would say there is little more he could have done over the two games.

Correct, RN usually gives us at least 2 feck ups per game.

Graham Thomson
Lets put the little myth to bed then, hes had 2 games and quite rightly neilson will be back next week

Why do you feel the need to start a thread slagging off one of our young players.....

Get a grip, and Get a life

peebles jambo

straight back in or not/

not, in my book, young thompson has done quite well, he should get the rest of the meaningless games IMO

thoughts!!!

Csaba's Broon Shoes
straight back in or not/

not, in my book, young thompson has done quite well, he should get the rest of the meaningless games IMO

thoughts!!!

I am not convinced about Thomson yet although he has done the simple

things right so far and a winning team should pick itself which would leave

Neilson out for the next game in my book .

Mr Quagmire

Robbie makes far to many mistakes, Thomson has made no mistakes and he is much better at going forward, he should keep his place.

Drylaw Hearts

Thomson should keep his place.

I am far from 100% convinced he's the answer to the RB problems but he should be given the opportunity to further stake his claim.

He has done nothing wrong in the last 2 games to warrent being dropped either.

One thing's for sure - Robbie is NOT the future!

I don't know if Thomson is, however if we don't give him a run of games how will we know if he's going to cut it.

The defence or attacking options certainly have not been weaked by the absence of Neilson that's for sure!

I think that Thomson should get the remaining games.

I don't think he has shown enough to suggest that he will be competition for the RB spot next season, but he should be given his chance in the last 3 games to win a squad place.

I think that Thomson should get the remaining games.

I don't think he has shown enough to suggest that he will be competition for the RB spot next season, but he should be given his chance in the last 3 games to win a squad place.

Are we signing a new RB then Coco???;)

Wee wind up Prancer?;)

If not - please go to clinic - do not pass GO :eek:

Are we signing a new RB then Coco???;)

I think that we need at least a backup right back to provide some competition for the place. I am not sure that Thomson is good enough, so yes perhaps we need to sign one.

I don't think Thomson has done much wrong so it would be harsh on the boy to drop him, but at the same time Neilson has been pretty solid recently and hasn't done anything to deserve being dropped.

Thomson looked quite shaky in the first game and I wasn't that impressed but he seemed a little more confident on Saturday.

Sadly, I don't think he's the right back that people think will replace Neilson, i'd still say Robbie is the better player overall because he is far stronger in the challenge.

I think that we need at least a backup right back to provide some competition for the place. I am not sure that Thomson is good enough, so yes perhaps we need to sign one.

"Backup"?????:confused:

Backup to who? :rolleyes:

I don't think Thomson has done much wrong so it would be harsh on the boy to drop him, but at the same time Neilson has been pretty solid recently and hasn't done anything to deserve being dropped.

Nothing at all, apart from being consistently pish for over a decade!

Nothing at all, apart from being consistently pish for over a decade!

Shut up.

alwaysthereinspirit
He isnt terrible no, he isnt a particularly good player though

I personally do think neilson is pretty decent and gets far too hard a time and I do think most teams outside the OF would take him in a second

For me Thomson looks your St Johnstone level type player, not an SPL Rb for my liking though, distinctly average

After 2 games you already know Thomson is no good but after 10 years you also believe Neilson is class.

What are we to think?

sandyseymour

a sensible post at last. Lad's done nowt wrong....Robbie ain't been missed......only time will tell if he can compete with "top 6" wingers

He was getting mixed messages from the goalie and Berra. One saying leave it the other put it out. He had no idea if there was an ICT player steaming in behind him and did not get a shout. I can well imagine the abuse that would be flying if he had left it and they'd had someone there to cut it back.

He was standing on the bye line though! All he had to do was stand where he was and watch the ball go out. Even if there had been a n ICT player behind him, he would have had to go through Thompson to reach it

I also don't think he got mixed messages. I think he got no message at all. He was complaining to Banks that he never got a shout

coppercrutch

He has had 2 games. He has done ok. He has not been rank. he has not ****ed up over and over again. Robbie however has had years to prove himself. He has got steadily worse. Give JT a chance and see what he can do. If it is no worse than Neilson then he stays. He can only get better, he is still young after all.

bean counter

I would give JT a chance and keep him in. He has not done anything drastically wrong so the more time he gets on the pitch hopefully the more confident he becomes and the better he becomes

I would give JT a chance and keep him in. He has not done anything drastically wrong so the more time he gets on the pitch hopefully the more confident he becomes and the better he becomes

That of course was the theory with Robbie!......:eek:

Archived