Jason Thomson / Robbie / Right Back (Merged Threads)

Rawrrrrrrr

Lets put the little myth to bed then, hes had 2 games and quite rightly neilson will be back next week

Not even in neilsons class

Liam_madjambo

Neilsons class??? what Class??? He is the worst right back in the SPL, clearly we need two new full backs for next seasons along with.....a whole new team.

Lets put the little myth to bed then, hes had 2 games and quite rightly neilson will be back next week

why exactly is it that you feel the need to absolutely slate hearts young players?

Thanks for that Prancer, you have just proved you know feck all about football, Neilson could not even spell CLASS, maybe the manky part of Edinburgh is the best place for you. :evilno:

why exactly is it that you feel the need to absolutely slate hearts young players?

I dont , im slating a hearts player who is paid a good wage who is no better than neilson

Neilson should be returned to the team next week

As for worst in SPL etc

Bull

Some people need to take off their anti neilson specs, 3/4 of SPL teams would take him as first choice

Some people need to take off their anti neilson specs, 3/4 of SPL teams would take him as first choice

Ever noticed how other teams fans seem to rate Neilson?

I guess it must be because they don't have to watch him every week.

Was JT really so bad today?

Gimme an H...
I dont , im slating a hearts player who is paid a good wage who is no better than neilson

As for worst in SPL etc

Bull

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL !!!!!!!!!

Ever noticed how other teams fans seem to rate Neilson?

I guess it must be because they don't have to watch him every week.

Was JT really so bad today?

From listening to it on the radio he sounded like he had a few misplaced passes and didn't have the best of games, wouldn't have said awful though. I didn't think he sounded any worse than Neilson normally is anyway

He isnt terrible no, he isnt a particularly good player though

I personally do think neilson is pretty decent and gets far too hard a time and I do think most teams outside the OF would take him in a second

For me Thomson looks your St Johnstone level type player, not an SPL Rb for my liking though, distinctly average

A couple of misplaced passes maybe, but looked solid enough.

I can't help thinking there are too many people on here nowadays deliberately looking for reactions.

For once I'm with Prancer here.

JT is a very promising youngster and, in time, could prove to be a very good right back. But he ain't there yet and I can see no reason to play him head of RN in a competitive game. Although I suppose you could argue that the remaining games in the SPL mean nothing and it's as well to give him experience.

:laugh: Robbie Neilson is feckin' bollox. Terrible, terrible joke of a player.

Thomson's done little wrong.

He was offered a loan spell at St Johnstone this season

Tbh I think its shocking he never went

It would have done far more for him than warming our astro training pitches all season to make 3 or 4 appearences

Commander Harris

JT didn't have a good game today - that is true. but almost all his mistakes were positional and that kind of thing can be coached. He's young and he needs a bit of help from an experienced centre-half to keep him right positionally.

Pressley provided this role for many a full back and made even the most average player look competent. I don't doubt JT's skills or competency as a footballer, he just needs to learn about the positional side of the game and hopefully with experience, a bit of coaching, and a strong centre-half beside him then that will come.

I really wish jason all the best as I do believe there is the beginnings of a good fullback there.

Don't remember anyone seriously claiming that Thomson should be our number one right back.

One thing that is not up for discussion is that we do need a right back who can do at least one of the following:-

1) Run

2) Control the ball

3) Play passes to his team mates

4) Add something to the team

Charlie-Brown

Thomson did very little wrong to today and his use of the ball, passing & crossing is already quite a bit ahead of Neilson's - all JT need's is game time and experience - he will only get that from playing in our first team - Robbie is a dead end as far as progress is concerned Thomson looks like he could be a much better player even if he is still a bit raw.

Commander Harris
Thomson did very little wrong to today and his use of the ball, passing & crossing is already quite a bit ahead of Neilson's - all JT need's is game time and experience - he will only get that from playing in our first team - Robbie is a dead end as far as progress is concerned Thomson looks like he could be a much better player even if he is still a bit raw.

agreed.

He's seems to be prepared to cross the ball with either foot too, a useful skill for a fullback.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Thomson, whilst a decent option when Robbie isn't available, is nowhere near fisrt choice. He's done okay the last couple of games but no more than that. The "anyone but robbie" attitude some people take is maybe masking the lad's faults.

By no means is he a bad player, but whether you liek him or not, Neilson is by far the best we've got - some of the stick he gets is unwarranted.

portobellojambo1
For once I'm with Prancer here.

JT is a very promising youngster and, in time, could prove to be a very good right back. But he ain't there yet and I can see no reason to play him head of RN in a competitive game. Although I suppose you could argue that the remaining games in the SPL mean nothing and it's as well to give him experience.

I agree with the first part of what you say, i.e. he may turn out to be a good right back, but he is still not the finished article. In saying that his inclusion and Neilson's absence weakens the team not in the slightest, simply because as right full backs go Robbie Neilson is fecking rubbish. He is another players who Hearts fans remember fondly for a goal in Basel, a tackle against Gretna, but tend to forget that between those two games he has played countless games where he has been dross.

Hopefully, assuming we have anyone there with a football brain, they will be using these fixtures to spot those positions that need strengthened, and both full back slots fall into that, along with many other positions. I would persevere with Thomson till the end of the season, certainly at Tynecastle.

Apparently Bovril sales in The Wheatfield and Main Stand have rocketed over the last two weeks, because punters can now sit and drink it in peace, and don't have to keep dodging misplaced Robbie Neilson passes, and I suspect Hearts may take this into account.

Needs to get better awareness

He was standing on the byline, yet still felt the need to knock the ball out for a corner

I would have expected him to realise that there was noone within 10 yards of him, bu at the very least he could have just shielded the ball out

Apart from that, he was fairly solid

He was offered a loan spell at St Johnstone this season

Tbh I think its shocking he never went

It would have done far more for him than warming our astro training pitches all season to make 3 or 4 appearences

Thomson played well today, I am not a Robbie-hater, but I think Thomson has shown he can compete for the right back berth. Given the way that Elliot and Mole's loan spells went, perhaps it was prudent for JT to knock back the loan?

In any event, stop being a negative erse about every single little fecking thing to do with the club. :evilno:

Charlie-Brown
Thomson, whilst a decent option when Robbie isn't available, is nowhere near fisrt choice. He's done okay the last couple of games but no more than that. The "anyone but robbie" attitude some people take is maybe masking the lad's faults.

By no means is he a bad player, but whether you liek him or not, Neilson is by far the best we've got - some of the stick he gets is unwarranted.

Of course Thomson has faults - he's only ever played 5 games FFS - but he will only get better by playing games - there are 3 games left this season - it would be pointless and counter-productive to bring Neilson straight back in - Thomson deserve's some game time, we already know everything Robbie can & can't do.

Hate to rain on anyone's parade,especially Prancer's;) BUT i can exclusively reveal Neilson may be out for the rest of the season.He has'nt trained for 3 weeks and is unlikely to be fit due to a stomach injury.

Neither Neilson or Thomson are the answer to our right-back problem. Thinking about it. Neilson is the problem and Thomson isn't the answer.

Right-back required. Doubt we will get one.

Charlie-Brown

If Robbie Neilson had been judged on his first 2 games or 5 games like people are judging / pre-judging Thomson then RN would never had made a dozen appearances nevermind several hundred. Give the laddie time FFS.

Dr Ian Malcolm
Of course Thomson has faults - he's only ever played 5 games FFS - but he will only get better by playing games - there are 3 games left this season - it would be pointless and counter-productive to bring Neilson straight back in - Thomson deserve's some game time, we already know everything Robbie can & can't do.

I know that, I'm not saying he won't get better, and I agree that he should probably stay in for the remainder of the season, but just pointing out that whilsts he's done okay, he's not the ready-made improvement for Robbie that so many want him to be. Just because a right-back isn't Robbie Neilson doesn't mean he's better.

Agreed JT put more good crosses in today than Robbie has all season.

Ibrahim Tall

Thomsons done nothing wrong, certainly nothing worth dropping him for.

He's quicker, passing is far better and imo he looks better going forward. Awareness etc might not be as good but that'll come with more experience, he has afterall only played 3 games, Neilsons played a couple 100.

Mr Quagmire

HAHA you don't have a clue and this OP cements that fact.

well done. :rolleyes:

Mr Quagmire

As for worst in SPL etc

Bull

paid a good wage ???

i drove away from tynie tonight in a 03 plate silver corsa.

Are you joking me? Neilson and class should not even be in the same sentence. He has been a decent servent off the club but after this season Thomson should be first choice, or at least given a go at it. Shows how little you know about football prancer.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Robbie is a far better RB than thomson will ever be. If robbie was that bad then how come he has played regular under Jim Jefferies, Craig L, John Robertson, George burley and now Stevie frail? If he was that bad then how come he has survied ten years at the club with-out at least one of these managers dropping him?

Robbie = passion, commitment, leadership and a very solid footballer over all. Get off his back, its completly unwarrented.

Ray Winstone

Thomson has played the last two games and we have won both - why would he deserve to be dropped?

From what I have seen of him in the reserves (which I will admit is quite limited) he has more pace than Neilson, can beat a man and ping in a fairly decent ball.

Dont see any reason he should not get a run until the end of the seasonm, seeing as we are playing for nothing!

chester copperpot

IMO he has better feet than Robbie, and can get past a player with a slightly better skill, but I guess its too early to judge him.

I'd like to reserve judgement until I'd seen him in more games, though he displays the same traits in the reserve games, so I think what you see with him you get.

I'd leave Jason in until the end of the season now.

The match practice will do him no harm and it's not like he's showing himself up when he's out there.

Jambof3tornado

Back up for Robbie next season,unless he proves in training and reserve games that he is better,then Robbie can play catch up!!!

Though he has been ok,positionally he was poor at times today,allowing himself to be dragged out of position with relative ease.;)

Think a wee loan spell would have done him good this season.

Ryan Gosling
I'd leave Jason in until the end of the season now.

The match practice will do him no harm and it's not like he's showing himself up when he's out there.

I concur.

Jason Thomson has done nothing wrong so does not deserve to be dropped, I dont understand why someone would slate him so much.

He's young and should be given the rest of the games this season.

I think what Thomson has shown so far is that we desperately need a right back for next season.

He aint done too much wrong but like Prancer from what i have seen so far he won't make it with us.

I would give him the rest of the season though (heehaw to be gained/learned from bringing back Neilson) and see if he could improve with more games.

I just hope Thomson does not think that playing to the same standard as Neilson is god enough (Neilson somehow got away with it for 3-4year....or should that be 10yr:rolleyes:..........., but it aint good enough imo). Raise your standard Thomson and it might not be too late.

Young, old, big, small, good, bad, he'll slaughter them all. Again & again & again. Frankly it's boring now.

Cupar Jambo
Thomson played well today, I am not a Robbie-hater, but I think Thomson has shown he can compete for the right back berth. Given the way that Elliot and Mole's loan spells went, perhaps it was prudent for JT to knock back the loan?

In any event, stop being a negative erse about every single little fecking thing to do with the club. :evilno:

Disagree entirely, thought he was poor. Has played two games against poor opposition and has been no better than avarage

Robbie is a far better RB than thomson will ever be. If robbie was that bad then how come he has played regular under Jim Jefferies, Craig L, John Robertson, George burley and now Stevie frail? If he was that bad then how come he has survied ten years at the club with-out at least one of these managers dropping him?

Robbie = passion, commitment, leadership and a very solid footballer over all. Get off his back, its completly unwarrented.

Are you Roger Moore about that?

I think Thomson has been okay in a couple of very slow paced games so far.

He has not been up against McGeady or McCulloch and I think that he would suffer if he was.

I doubt that he is good enough to challenge for the RB spot with Neilson next year, but Thomson should get most of the last 3 games as a 'last chance' to prove himself. He is at that stage when he needs to break through.

Robbos Right Peg

According to Robbie himself he has an injury and is doubtful for next week so maybe that will put an end to this argument. Then again perhaps not

Buffalo Bill

"Hit the gym, Wee Man", would be my advice to JT.

Looks a decent player though.

Buffalo Bill

Seymour M Hersh
Needs to get better awareness

He was standing on the byline, yet still felt the need to knock the ball out for a corner

I would have expected him to realise that there was noone within 10 yards of him, bu at the very least he could have just shielded the ball out

Apart from that, he was fairly solid

He was getting mixed messages from the goalie and Berra. One saying leave it the other put it out. He had no idea if there was an ICT player steaming in behind him and did not get a shout. I can well imagine the abuse that would be flying if he had left it and they'd had someone there to cut it back.

This is what ****es me off about this board, I have simply shared what I see and that is that he wont make it as this level and is not as good as Neilson, other posters have agreed

Yet Im the one who gets the personal or unnecessary abuse, its frankly embarassing to this whole site and shows the complete ****ing childishness of some posters on here that they are incapable of debating or acting like adults

And as for the poster who says JT is not paid a good wage because he drives a few year old corsa, Im sure plenty of young guys, and footballers at other clubs would be estatic to own their own car, have their own home/flat and still enjoy the style of living JT does

We pay our average youths that are still to make it far too much, players like Matty Doherty, The armstrongs and McLaughlin are all paid far too much for what they are

Seymour M Hersh

This is as far away from reality as you can get! Well done.:107years:

davemclaren
This is what ****es me off about this board, I have simply shared what I see and that is that he wont make it as this level and is not as good as Neilson, other posters have agreed

Yet Im the one who gets the personal or unnecessary abuse, its frankly embarassing to this whole site and shows the complete ****ing childishness of some posters on here that they are incapable of debating or acting like adults

And as for the poster who says JT is not paid a good wage because he drives a few year old corsa, Im sure plenty of young guys, and footballers at other clubs would be estatic to own their own car, have their own home/flat and still enjoy the style of living JT does

We pay our average youths that are still to make it far too much, players like Matty Doherty, The armstrongs and McLaughlin are all paid far too much for what they are

FWIW I agree with you re Thomson and Neilson. However, I love the irony in your second paragraph. :P

Archived