The Boy Mole

Gigolo-Aunt

Gigolo-Aunt

Boooooo

Good words were coming from "Shaggy" as well. Seems to have a good attitude and work ethic since coming back from his YTS jolly in the lower leagues.

Has been a stand out from the reports I have read on him from the younger age groups.

Looked good in the reserve games I saw and I didn't think he was too bad against St. Mirren.

Still doubting whether he'll go on to become a first team regular, I'd say a new manager would have to work a lot with him to get that out of him but there is definitely something there.

Gigolo-Aunt
Looked good in the reserve games I saw and I didn't think he was too bad against St. Mirren.

Still doubting whether he'll go on to become a first team regular, I'd say a new manager would have to work a lot with him to get that out of him but there is definitely something there.

Agreed.

Dont want to turn this is to another manager thread, but you are spot on. Good managers can iron out the flaws.

Think he has been a bit hard done by with some of the commenst on Kickback about him.

Agreed.

Dont want to turn this is to another manager thread, but you are spot on. Good managers can iron out the flaws.

Think he has been a bit hard done by with some of the commenst on Kickback about him.

It didn't look too great that he struggled in two loan spells to a lower division as people on here were expecting him to bang goals into double figures. But football doesn't always work that way although I am surprised given the type of player Mole is that he didn't do better.

Gigolo-Aunt
It didn't look too great that he struggled in two loan spells to a lower division as people on here were expecting him to bang goals into double figures. But football doesn't always work that way although I am surprised given the type of player Mole is that he didn't do better.

I would have thought QOTS would have been the perfect platform. As you say though, football does not always work out.

Mole (and Elliots) biggest problem now is there are players like Glen and Robinson kicking on from the younger age groups and they have not progressed as we all hoped and some thought they would.

IMO for younger players, if you miss your boat - there is a big chance that the lads 2-3 years younger can come through and put you out of a club.

Charlie-Brown

Mole had a great game v ICT up front beside Pinilla in a game we won 4-1 at Tynie last season - he also scored a good winner away at Motherwell - but he was thrown into 2 huge European games because the other guys like Bednar, Jankauskas & Pospisil were their usual injured whilst Makela was that far down the pecking order kids were getting picked ahead of him - a lot of people turned against Mole because of vital misses against AEK & Sparta.

Anyway Mole was a standout at reserve & youth level in 2005-06 season and was head & shoulders above the rest of any of our kids but after his big introduction to the first team has lost his way a bit - but the raw talent is definitely there it just needs to be brought out & channelled properly.

Gigolo-Aunt
Mole had a great game v ICT up front beside Pinilla in a game we won 4-1 at Tynie last season - he also scored a good winner away at Motherwell - but he was thrown into 2 huge European games because the other guys like Bednar, Jankauskas & Pospisil were their usual injured whilst Makela was that far down the pecking order kids were getting picked ahead of him - a lot of people turned against Mole because of vital misses against AEK & Sparta.

Anyway Mole was a standout at reserve & youth level in 2005-06 season and was head & shoulders above the rest of any of our kids but after his big introduction to the first team has lost his way a bit - but the raw talent is definitely there it just needs to be brought out & channelled properly.

When you state what IMO is prett spot on, it could quite well serve as a warning for Glen/Robinson etc.

Bizarre decisions on the pitch with rotation and selection in the past dont help youngsters who need stability and good pro's around them to help in their level of consistancy.

Ryan Gosling

Pinilla would make Clum look good.

Ach even he's not that good.

Jankauskas was fit enough to start in Athens and Bednar should have started in Prague after him and Pinilla had torn Aberdeen a new erse on the Sunday at Pittodrie. Starting Mole in both games was just the tip of the iceberg with regards to all the strange **** Vlad/Valdas pulled back then.

Gigolo-Aunt
Pinilla would make Clum look good.

Ach even he's not that good.

Pinilla is the key.

Charlie-Brown
When you state what IMO is prett spot on, it could quite well serve as a warning for Glen/Robinson etc.

Bizarre decisions on the pitch with rotation and selection in the past dont help youngsters who need stability and good pro's around them to help in their level of consistancy.

Mole was unlucky in that he broke through just as the wheels started to come off - things took a downturn with the euro exits then the riccarton statement plunged the club into crisis mode and youngsters were kept out of the team for the most of the season after that - the fact though that the club have taken him back & both Frail & J.Murray have talked bout they recognise their is talent there shows at least they believe in him - the rest is down to JM to take whatever chances he's given.

Glen & Robinson are facing a different situation and the hype / expectation surrounding Hearts is currently more realistic than it was in 2006.

Gigolo-Aunt

Glen & Robinson are facing a different situation and the hype / expectation surrounding Hearts is currently more realistic than it was in 2006.

Thats a fair point.

Would you agree though that young players coming in to the side need a bit of stability with the players they are playing with?

Charlie-Brown
Thats a fair point.

Would you agree though that young players coming in to the side need a bit of stability with the players they are playing with?

Generally speaking yes - although Bowman & Mackay suffered through some real horror show times in relegation season 1980-81 and the failed promotion bid of 1981-82 when we reached some real low points for the club - ultimately it didn't do them any harm - the club started building a team around them, Robbo joined them and they all became quite strong SPL characters & had good careers.

Gigolo-Aunt
Generally speaking yes - although Bowman & Mackay suffered through some real horror show times in relegation season 1980-81 and the failed promotion bid of 1981-82 when we reached some real low points for the club - ultimately it didn't do them any harm - the club started building a team around them, Robbo joined them and they all became quite strong SPL characters & had good careers.

You were never going to give me just a yes threre.

:)

If you are playing up front and the chap you play with changes more often that not - its going to be tough.

If you are playing anywhere in a back 4 and it changes by the week - its not only tough for you, its disaster for the whole team.

Young talents need looked after untill they blossom in to first team regulars.

IMO Hearts have not helped the cause of the young lads one bit with the way the on field politics have ruled the last 2 years.

I dont see the point in ploughing money in to youth if when they are ready for the first team, its almost like sabotage with the negatives which awaits their arrival.

Charlie-Brown
You were never going to give me just a yes threre.

If you are playing up front and the chap you play with changes more often that not - its going to be tough.

If you are playing anywhere in a back 4 and it changes by the week - its not only tough for you, its disaster for the whole team.

Young talents need looked after untill they blossom in to first team regulars.

IMO Hearts have not helped the cause of the young lads one bit with the way the on field politics have ruled the last 2 years.

I dont see the point in ploughing money in to youth if when they are ready for the first team, its almost like sabotage with the negatives which awaits their arrival.

I agree although to be fair - Mole, Jonsson, Elliot & even Wallace were kept away from the team for most of last season - this season they've started to be re-introduced, Driver & Berra pushed on to become regulars last season and Jonsson forced his way into the reckoning this year and played a big number of games - Elliot, Wallace & Mole have had their up and down times in the team - good form & bad.

Gigolo-Aunt
I agree although to be fair - Mole, Jonsson, Elliot & even Wallace were kept away from the team for most of last season - this season they've started to be re-introduced, Driver & Berra pushed on to become regulars last season and Jonsson forced his way into the reckoning this year and played a big number of games - Elliot, Wallace & Mole have had their up and down times in the team - good form & bad.

I would argue for the most that Mole (loan) Elliot and Wallace have been kept away from the first team this season, mate,

Its only since christmas that they have been given more of a run.

Which has been a more stable team.

Which maybe kind of defeats my point.

erm

:oopsoops:

Charlie-Brown

I know people criticised him last week but as far as I can see things have definitely started changing for the better for young players in Hearts teams since John Murray agreed to stay after Celts wanted to poach him - various fringe first team players have been moved on or displaced, the reserve more resembles a proper reserve team than a bunch of first team 'stiffs' and more younger players have started to feature more regular in the first team and on the bench - also a new scouting system initiative proposal.

Gigolo-Aunt
I know people criticised him last week but as far as I can see things have definitely started changing for the better for young players in Hearts teams since John Murray agreed to stay - various fringe first team players have been moved on or displaced, the reserve more resemble a proper reserve team than a bunch of first team 'stiffs' and more younger players have started to feature more regular in the first team and on the bench - also a new scouting system initiative proposal.

Sounds good to me.

Lets see if it keeps up for the next 6 months.

I also think there is something about Mole that deserves more chances. For starters he has pace, and it is apparent that Elliot by contrast does not. You cannot train pace into a player and it is such a big advantage. Hearts have seriously lacked pace for the last 2 seasons - only Miko and Driver have genuine speed but neither has quite channelled that to their advantage yet, though Miko has actually improved immensely this year.

Glen has taken his chance and I hope Robinson gets a run out tomorrow. Mole is worth sticking with too IMO.

I know people criticised him last week but as far as I can see things have definitely started changing for the better for young players in Hearts teams since John Murray agreed to stay after Celts wanted to poach him - various fringe first team players have been moved on or displaced, the reserve more resembles a proper reserve team than a bunch of first team 'stiffs' and more younger players have started to feature more regular in the first team and on the bench - also a new scouting system initiative proposal.

I have noticed a huge difference in the young players since Neil McCann took over the running.I give him more credit than any of the Murray's. Mearns, McGowan,Mackle,Devine,Mole ect have had better advice on the park in the short time from McCann than D Murray in his years at the club.He puts his point across in a good calm way.One to one talks on the sidelines.You can see the respect he gets compared to D Murray.

I have noticed a huge difference in the young players since Neil McCann took over the running.I give him more credit than any of the Murray's. Mearns, McGowan,Mackle,Devine,Mole ect have had better advice on the park in the short time from McCann than D Murray in his years at the club.He puts his point across in a good calm way.One to one talks on the sidelines.You can see the respect he gets compared to D Murray.

Don?t know this guy from Adam but I seem to pick up a lot of negativity about him on here...

A couple of the young boys raved to me about Neil McCann's already apparent abilities as a top coach. Although I also feel I should add that the same guys also liked Darren Murray so I wouldn't criticise him to much.

Archived