Well Done McGlynn

Notorious BIG

Notorious BIG

Tactics where spot on tonight, Even going a man down I thought competed very very well, Story of our season, On top against teams but just not taking our chances, Not McGlynns fault IMO but a great performance from him and the team, Now we need to use this, Build on it and kick on from it

Big Team Big Cup

Big Team Wee Cup

Wee Team Nae Cup

He's a good guy and it's only a matter of time before things fall into place and luck is on our side.

I heard Janny takes the team in Cup ties.

Looks like Romanov has got it spot on again with his choice.

Oh aye it most certainly looked like that at Extra Time... Fantastic effort by Janny standing back saying/doing nothing whilst McGlynn gave a team talk.

First time I think he has started a game with two up front and it worked well tonight. Credit to the midfield as well because they were a man short even before Barr was sent off. An allround great performance by all involved with Hearts, well done guys.

Stick with that formation and tactics, and we'll beat Dundee on Saturday. And give Sutton a run of games now, even tho he missed his pen tonite.

Caspian Primrose

well done John. stick to that team and formation and you might even win the bell-ends on here round!!

We looked pretty good with a 442, and we never looked like conceding until their jammy equaliser.

Does he put night-nurse in their half time drink, though - we always seem to lose our way in the second half.

It was enough tonight though, and huge credit for seeing the game to penalties with 10 men.

Easy tiger, don't you know he is shite? Some very knowledgeable Kickbackers have deemed it so

He's been reading this place and how using 4-4-2 would mean we'd skoosh every match easily. :)

But for the width of a post, it would have been over in 90 minutes.

He made the subs that we were all shouting for and the way he set up the team was spot on.

Hopefully he's learning from his past mistakes.

He got it right tonight though,

Well done John.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Good result tonight.

I'll bail oot before it becomes a competition to decide who's fault it was we never won in regulation time and who was responsible for our ultimate victory.

:)

And if the shot from Rankin had gone in would he still be being praised ?

It shows you as a manager a little bit of good fortune goes a long way.

Have gave him a fair amount of abuse on here, but credit where credits due, his tactics were spot on tonight.

Or was it Janny's tactics? :whistling:

Fair play to him for the way we originally set up. Still think that we revert to long balls too quickly and his subs are made a bit too late but a win is a win so works for me.

More results and performances like the first 40 minutes i'lll happily sing his praises.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

And what about all the bad luck we've had?

It's one thing to not like a manager but to slate him for good results after the amount of bad luck we've had is just crazy.

Guest C00l K1d

He's still ******* hopeless.

This.

I'll change my mind if he goes on a decent run of games

I dont want to put a downer on tonight but we were quite lucky to hang on towards the end despite a brilliant defensive display.

It just seems he doesnt want to change tactics and only position for position subs

Guest Bilel Mohsni

This.

I'll change my mind if he goes on a decent run of games

I dont want to put a downer on tonight but we were quite lucky to hang on towards the end despite a brilliant defensive display.

It just seems he doesnt want to change tactics and only position for position subs

Not sure I agree...

He went 442 tonight. Before that he has re-jigged the team in games before tonight too.

I think we were lucky, totally agree about that but surely he gets credit for winning with luck... After all the defeats and draws that could have been wins... But for luck. :unsure:

If United hadn't scored a jammy equaliser, extra time/penalties wouldn't have been an issue.

I don't think it's just tonight he deserves credit for. We've played well and been the better side in most games this season but been very unfortunate. The organisation and shape of the team was different class tonight and we deserved a break in the pens.

Well Done to everyone tonight, we were brilliant and looked a far better side than Dundee Utd for long periods.

Played better tonight and the team he picked had a better balance to it. It's important that tonight's performance is followed up with a win at Dundee at the weekend and a bit of momentum is built.

With McGlynn the negatives still outweigh the positives for me at the moment.

Played better tonight and the team he picked had a better balance to it. It's important that tonight's performance is followed up with a win at Dundee at the weekend and a bit of momentum is built.

With McGlynn the negatives still outweigh the positives for me at the moment.

Oh aye it most certainly looked like that at Extra Time... Fantastic effort by Janny standing back saying/doing nothing whilst McGlynn gave a team talk.

To be fair, why would he interrupt the manager? Surely it would undermine McGlynn's authority?

It didn't though. Football has so many 'what ifs'.

ToadKiller Dog

Would have still got praise from me , we played well , looked strong and together , if they had sneaked a win would have been disappointed but he got a lot right last night .

Would have still got praise from me , we played well , looked strong and together , if they had sneaked a win would have been disappointed but he got a lot right last night .

Some people on JKB are not like that. Often in the past managers have rightly been criticised and questioned. If they get it wrong they get lampooned but whenevr they get it right they are lucky or all the want ifs or if it hadn't been fors get wheeled out.

First time I think he has started a game with two up front and it worked well tonight. Credit to the midfield as well because they were a man short even before Barr was sent off. An allround great performance by all involved with Hearts, well done guys.

McGlynn should realise our defence is good enough to allow us to play with two up front. First half we controlled the game.

Finally be got a wee bit of luck tonight, hopefully JM and the team can kick on from here.

Do you mean they got lucky? We were so unlucky not to have the tie won by HT.

I heard Janny takes the team in Cup ties.

Looks like Romanov has got it spot on again with his choice.

Ha Ha!

Good one.

Well done JM for last night, set team up well and had the tactical nous to practice penalties also...

Thoroughly good performance from the manager.

fabienleclerq

Paterson hit the post too, their goal was lucky as feck.

Well don JM.

I've given him a hard time, mainly because of his tactics and his reluctance to change to 2 up front. Last night he changed it and it paid off so thats all I asked from him. Now we've witnessed what Sutton and Patterson can do as a pair - lets hope he sticks with it.

When we went to 10 ten he reverted back to the way we've played all season and I was confident we'd hold on - thats what McGlynn is good at - organisation and defending when we're under pressure for long periods.

So all in all a fantasic win and another semi final for the Famous !

My only two complaints we're Taouil's passing was rank, and Stevenson is either still unfit or lazy, not the first game this season he's played like he did last night - but again credit where it's due - he deservedly got the hook !

How can people say we got lucky tonight??? Look at the match stats, enough shots to win 5 games.

Stick with him, give the players a chance and we'll grow into a very decent team. You cant go through the transition we have without a rocky period.

How can people say we got lucky tonight??? Look at the match stats, enough shots to win 5 games.

Stick with him, give the players a chance and we'll grow into a very decent team. You cant go through the transition we have without a rocky period.

Agree, 20 shots at goal v 8 for Utd.

Link :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20053644

Stevenson is either still unfit or lazy, not the first game this season he's played like he did last night - but again credit where it's due - he deservedly got the hook !

Apart from setting up the goal, having a decent first half then taking a head knock and having to be hooked.

Stevo played his part last night.

Apart from setting up the goal, having a decent first half then taking a head knock and having to be hooked.

Stevo played his part last night.

So unfit then ??

Exactly. We were by far the better team and deserved to win that match. Thought Utd were pretty poor, to be honest.

Archived