Voting Structure Delayed

mattyw_1874

Fozzyonthefence

I don't think it's Aberdeen wanting to keep the 11-1, rather they are not happy with the proposed alternative. 11-1 has to go or I just totally give up with Scottish football.

I don't think it's Aberdeen wanting to keep the 11-1, rather they are not happy with the proposed alternative. 11-1 has to go or I just totally give up with Scottish football.

agree what kind of vote is 11-1 anyway, sums up the spl and scottish football.

They are the only club to vote with Celtic which seems crazy, most on here including myself were expecting, St Mirren, Motherwell, Killie and perhaps St Johnstone to perhaps go down this route but not Aberdeen.

I have had a look on their website and in The Press & Journal and there is absolutely nothing there about this which all seems rather strange.

Maybe Stuart Milne has done a wee business deal to build something for Celtic.

am i the ony person who thinks the clubs shouldnt be the ones voting all the time? the are always going to look out for whats best for them & not Scottish football. & in some cases, just looking to get one over on other teams.

whats wrong with having a fair governing body who looks after everything & makes the decisions to take scottish football forwards? probably the word fair is the stumbling block here, but theres too many people with opinions & decisions in our game.

am i the ony person who thinks the clubs shouldnt be the ones voting all the time? the are always going to look out for whats best for them & not Scottish football. & in some cases, just looking to get one over on other teams.

whats wrong with having a fair governing body who looks after everything & makes the decisions to take scottish football forwards? probably the word fair is the stumbling block here, but theres too many people with opinions & decisions in our game.

In an ideal world where virtue and meritocracy count perhaps.

But our existing governing bodies, the SFA and SPL have shown themselves to be machiavelian, duplicitous, sycophantic cheats who have only one agenda - to serve and protect the 'old' firm. Fairness does not appear anywhere in their lexicon :angry:

This, im at my wittsend :ermm:

**** me, its like they want, like, and even look forward to receiving an old frim shafting. Why it isnt 7-5, majority rules, i dont know

This makes most sense to me. At the moment different decisions require different majorities. As I understand it the new proposal was 9-3 for everything. Some changes would actually have become harder to get through under the new system. I assume Aberdeen didn't like the detail.

All Scottish and international sporting governing bodies are made up of their membership (either clubs or individual members). The fact that you percieve the SFA and SPL not to have been 'fair' shows the problem. If all power rested with a few individual employees you'd soon have people complaining that they were failing to be impartial and calls for us to move to a democratic system where the clubs got a say.

The SPL is not a "governing body" in the normal sense.

It is actually a Comercial company created and owned by the it's twelve member clubs. The SPL is not, never has been, and never will be, Independant of its own member clubs, so any descisions made by it will always be (in what it sees) as these Clubs best interests, not that of Scottish football in general.

That's one of the main reasons for scrapping the SPL.

Archived