Tomorrow's Ref

JamboAl

Tomorrow's ref is Willie Collum who is a teacher at Cardinal Newman High School and lives in the Motherwell area. This is surely a bad appointment especially if we score a goal which Willie doesn't see and Motherwell go straight upfield and score like happened with Celtic. Maybe the SFA are allowing him to come through in the team bus to save on expenses.

Surely refereeing appointments should be neutral and be seen to be neutral.

He's a massive Celtic man. Absolutely Hoops daft.

This. I thought it was well known Collum was a Celtic fan. Obviously not.:unsure:

This. I thought it was well known Collum was a Celtic fan. Obviously not.:unsure:

Even if my mate hadn't confirmed it when he worked in Cardinal Newman as a student, surely to **** you only need to look at the boy's face to ken he's Celtic daft :lol:

To be fair, they're all piss poor.

This !

I still don't understand how we can't have foreign refs?

It not like there's not enough money going into football (entire sport) itself.

Make it so much better.

Collum's a st mirren fan. If he produces the same performance as he did in the derby we're for a long afternoon!!!

Victor Meldrew

If this is true, aren't we the ones likely to get the breaks, given that Motherwell are a threat to Celtic and we're not.

If this is true, aren't we the ones likely to get the breaks, given that Motherwell are a threat to Celtic and we're not.

I dunno. I was only pointing out what I said.:)

We got an Edinburgh ref at Dens in 86. As a result a stone wall penalty to us was not given.

Thanks for bring that up!! I was feeling cheery before that!!

Nucky Thompson

Even if my mate hadn't confirmed it when he worked in Cardinal Newman as a student, surely to **** you only need to look at the boy's face to ken he's Celtic daft :lol:

Spot on Tommy :thumbsup:

Tomorrow's ref is Willie Collum who is a teacher at Cardinal Newman High School and lives in the Motherwell area. This is surely a bad appointment especially if we score a goal which Willie doesn't see and Motherwell go straight upfield and score like happened with Celtic. Maybe the SFA are allowing him to come through in the team bus to save on expenses.

Surely refereeing appointments should be neutral and be seen to be neutral.

After calm reflection on his performance today, from the first minute's corner that never was onwards, he was on that bus. Another GFA ref.

He missed a few handballs by them and one by us.

Overall he wasn't too bad. The linesmen though?

Can someone tell me what is the point? They never make a decision. They always wait for the ref to make the decision for them.

Bobbins.

fabienleclerq

He spoke to Motherwell players while booking ours for similar offences, he was a joke today.

Like when he spoke to Barr who should've had a yellow? A joke he wasn't.I couldn't argue with any of our yellows, maybe they should've got a couple but overall he was decent.As an above poster said the lino's are pointless.

Yes home and away always, Why???

I just thought it might sway you a little.

The real problem is not necessarily the ref himself but the SFA in making appointments local to one team. It can make an incompetent ref look biased especially when most of the key decisions go the favourable way.

Jambof3tornado

Motherwell had nearly twice as many fouls yet got no bookings to our 4. That's not incompetence, the ref knew exactly what he was doing.

Motherwell -13 fouls, no bookings.

Hearts - 7 fouls, 4 bookings.

As for the linesmen - anyone who has any experience of referees will know that there are certain refs who say to their 'assistants' before the game that they are there for offsides and nothing else, that it is the ref's job to decide fouls (and even throw-ins sometimes).

These tend to be the refs who really fancy themselves and want to be the centre of attention.

I wonder if Mr Collum comes into this category?

Certainly the linesmen looked very reluctant to give anything.

Thought he should have booked Barr to set a marker.

Inconsistent when he let 3 or so of those sorts of tackles go before booking Driver.

Otherwise a pretty decent refereeing performance from the Motherwell/Celtic/St Mirren man.

Motherwell -13 fouls, no bookings.

Hearts - 7 fouls, 4 bookings.

As for the linesmen - anyone who has any experience of referees will know that there are certain refs who say to their 'assistants' before the game that they are there for offsides and nothing else, that it is the ref's job to decide fouls (and even throw-ins sometimes).

These tend to be the refs who really fancy themselves and want to be the centre of attention.

I wonder if Mr Collum comes into this category?

Certainly the linesmen looked very reluctant to give anything.

Interesting stats, though I don't think we could complain much about any of the bookings, except Zal, and that on the grounds that if Collum had given Hearts a probable free kick a moment earlier Zal's professional foul wouldn't have happened. Barr was lucky not to be booked. Driver fairly gets the tackles in these days.

I do agree that some of the Motherwell fouls weren't much different from the ones that merited Hearts' bookings. The Wheatfield assistant was pretty awful.

Interesting stats, though I don't think we could complain much about any of the bookings, except Zal, and that on the grounds that if Collum had given Hearts a probable free kick a moment earlier Zal's professional foul wouldn't have happened. Barr was lucky not to be booked. Driver fairly gets the tackles in these days.

I do agree that some of the Motherwell fouls weren't much different from the ones that merited Hearts' bookings. The Wheatfield assistant was pretty awful.

And, as I suggested, the failure of the linesmen to take any kind of decisive action may very well stem from the referee.

Collum was very inconsistent - booking one player for something, then letting players off for exactly the same offence.

Prince Buaben

He's a teacher. Are they naturally anti-Hearts?

Think he means more that he is an RE teacher.

Archived