Ukio

K1874M

Was speakin to some on last night who's friend got a job with Ukio a few months back.... Ukio have ditched most of the staff they brought on due to them struggling for their license.

This source is spot on and wouldnt make it up.... I had actually been chasing her for the last couple of weeks to tell me why her ex colleague was no longer at Ukio... and there you have it.

Was speakin to some on last night who's friend got a job with Ukio a few months back.... Ukio have ditched most of the staff they brought on due to them struggling for their license.

This source is spot on and wouldnt make it up.... I had actually been chasing her for the last couple of weeks to tell me why her ex colleague was no longer at Ukio... and there you have it.

Not strictly true, the only delay is due to establishing as a clearing system, due to no fault of UKIO - they meet all the requirements and have been approved by the FSA and BOE

Not strictly true, the only delay is due to establishing as a clearing system, due to no fault of UKIO - they meet all the requirements and have been approved by the FSA and BOE

So they are not a bunch of crooks trying to launder money?

Clearing system then.... which they are struggling with.

Re employing staff to be released soon after is criminal.

Think there recruitment ads came out last summer didnt they.

No they are not, and this is perhaps the problem with people in the UK, they assume anything and anyone from Eastern Europe to be crooked - this is clearly not the case, though it is the perception, which sadly is what most folk base decisions on.

somewhat comically the only individual they have listed on the FSA register is their Money Laundering Reporting Officer. doesnt give much more away other than to confirm they are EEA authorised.

Clearing system then.... which they are struggling with.

Re employing staff to be released soon after is criminal.

Think there recruitment ads came out last summer didnt they.

Re employing staff to be released soon after is criminal. - that is not true, it is not criminal, perhaps unethical if you know you are going to release them, but this was not the case, and it is not the reason for every single staff member leaving.

Re employing staff to be released soon after is criminal. - that is not true, it is not criminal, perhaps unethical if you know you are going to release them, but this was not the case, and it is not the reason for every single staff member leaving.

I agree, from your view point wouldnt you say it shows how out of touch the company and its advisors are with the way business is carried out in this country??

This is not a race issue so hope no ones thinks thats my problem.

No they are not, and this is perhaps the problem with people in the UK, they assume anything and anyone from Eastern Europe to be crooked - this is clearly not the case, though it is the perception, which sadly is what most folk base decisions on.

Haven't you got better things you could be doing with your time? Maybe checking the programmes for tomorrow's game are in order, the pies will arrive on time or there's enough paper in the fax machine.

I really do wish the club staff would concentrate on their jobs, rather than coming on here making excuses for Romanov.

Jimmy McNulty
Haven't you got better things you could be doing with your time? Maybe checking the programmes for tomorrow's game are in order, the pies will arrive on time or there's enough paper in the fax machine.

I really do wish the club staff would concentrate on their jobs, rather than coming on here making excuses for Romanov.

So, someone posts a plausible explanation for this and, automatically, they work for the club? Can't the poster offer a different opinion? Is discussion not what boards are for?

This is whay this board sucks ****** much of the time :(

I agree, from your view point wouldnt you say it shows how out of touch the company and its advisors are with the way business is carried out in this country??

Its just another case of the cart before the horse, hire staff before you get a licence, build a bigger stand before you improve a team. Simple business sense really!!

Businessman? my feking arse.

Ally Alexander

In order to get a license, a bank requires adequately qualified senior staff, so they need to hire beforehand. Don't need to be a memeber of the clearing house though -can have a correspondent act for you but this bank would, like the clearing house, require a % of the bank's deposits as collateral.

In order to get a license, a bank requires adequately qualified senior staff, so they need to hire beforehand. Don't need to be a memeber of the clearing house though -can have a correspondent act for you but this bank would, like the clearing house, require a % of the bank's deposits as collateral.

Thats interesting then.... changes things slightly.

I am not club staff, I just happen to wrok in the industry, not UKIO but I am aware of there circumstances through my work and social life. I do not know the full details but i do have a right to post a comment on the subject, since someone else did based on concerns they had.

I do not think it is a race issue with you, but it could be argued it is with some others - but you are right, perhaps they should have spent more time on Western Europe methods and attitudes when planning the opening of the bank.

I do not think it is a race issue with you, but it could be argued it is with some others - but you are right, perhaps they should have spent more time on Western Europe methods and attitudes when planning the opening of the bank.

Thanks Charlie... look forward to seeing you soon! ;) only kidding mate.

And who would take on this lunatic as a potential business partner?

He has alienated himself through his own rantings and stupidity and any bank that took him on would be as mad as he obviously is. If he were as transparent with his bank dealings as he is with HMFC he will never stand a chance of integrating himself in the banking fraternity. Complete tool

He has alienated himself through his own rantings and stupidity and any bank that took him on would be as mad as he obviously is. If he were as transparent with his bank dealings as he is with HMFC he will never stand a chance of integrating himself in the banking fraternity. Complete tool

There were several banks who were interested - this is stil ongoing, though is dragging.

They could be a clearing bank in their own right - they meet the criteria, but the cost of doing so is not worth while for a one branch operation at this time.

I'm sure most people will have heard of Intelligent Finance, it is not a clearing bank either. Doesn't mean it is being run shoddily or is going chebs up.

I'm sure most people will have heard of Intelligent Finance, it is not a clearing bank either. Doesn't mean it is being run shoddily or is going chebs up.

Very good example, Scottish Widows Bank, Standard Life Bank are the same, as are ALL Building Socities and many private banks.

who really cares ?

Some fans are making Vlad out to be corrupt so I would prefer it if he was not as he owns Hearts.

OR

If he is up to no good then fine as long as he takes care of the club and does not get caught. :)

Its just another case of the cart before the horse, hire staff before you get a licence, build a bigger stand before you improve a team. Simple business sense really!!

Not really. In season 05/06 we did improve the team and guess what, our ground wasn't big enough.

It's a bit of a chicken or the egg type situation. There is no right or wrong order to do it in.

Rangers were mocked when they rebuilt Ibrox when they had a duff team but it certainly didn't hinder them when everyone else had to spend their money on their grounds.

portobellojambo1
I am not club staff, I just happen to wrok in the industry, not UKIO but I am aware of there circumstances through my work and social life. I do not know the full details but i do have a right to post a comment on the subject, since someone else did based on concerns they had.

Do you happen to know the name of the company who were advising them here in Edinburgh, and assuming you do you will be fully aware they were dismissed for informing Mr Romanov that what he was planning wouldn't work. Not the answer they were meant to give, he wasn't looking for guidance as to how to gain a licence he just wanted them to get him a licence one way or another.

I would say chances of UKIO opening in Edinburgh are between no chance whatsoever and very, very, very, very slight, assuming some clearing bank/financial institution is willing to go on risk with them, which I reckon is highly unlikely.

portobellojambo1

Intelligent Finance is a division of HBoS, as clearing banks go it is one of the largest.

Umbro?

Is that so? According to quite a senior politician in Edinburgh, he's rather well liked amongst those who gather at the City Chambers for starters. When it comes to getting a foot in the door here, that's about as good as it gets.

Business decisions are based on money, it's about the facts and figures Billy. They don't care if he interferes in team selection and writes poetry about frogs.

portobellojambo1
Is that so? According to quite a senior politician in Edinburgh, he's rather well liked amongst those who gather at the City Chambers for starters. When it comes to getting a foot in the door here, that's about as good as it gets.

Business decisions are based on money, it's about the facts and figures Billy. They don't care if he interferes in team selection and writes poetry about frogs.

I would imagine the people that gather in The City Chambers are politicians. Now which part of society are noted for saying one thing and doing another, and appear to have no clue about finance, I'll guess at politicians. And they like Romanov, understand where he is coming from, makes you think what. ;)

CornhillHearts

Its a brother who is pally with a lithuanian whom he plays the same "sport" as who is head of project Ukio Bank in Edinburgh if you must know.

I would imagine the people that gather in The City Chambers are politicians. Now which part of society are noted for saying one thing and doing another, and appear to have no clue about finance, I'll guess at politicians. And they like Romanov, understand where he is coming from, makes you think what. ;)

Ooh I don't know PJ, I don't have as suspicious a mind as you lot. ;)

I get your point, but the fact remains that they can and do open doors. Regardless of whether they're qualified to do so. Eek. My point was more about making friends and influencing people, Vlad's infuriating actions have little to do with how well he is or isn't accepted by the business community. The murky world of finance and its mechanics are too much for me, hehe.

I heard that the person got sacked because

Vlad did not like her filing

Luckily the person got a big pay off at some over poor mugs expense

I also hear the person was replaced by a beast

Its the vlad way you see

portobellojambo1
Ooh I don't know PJ, I don't have as suspicious a mind as you lot. ;)

I get your point, but the fact remains that they can and do open doors. Regardless of whether they're qualified to do so. Eek. My point was more about making friends and influencing people, Vlad's infuriating actions have little to do with how well he is or isn't accepted by the business community. The murky world of finance and its mechanics are too much for me, hehe.

I don't doubt that for a second, a lot of business is done out of the office, and is based on establishing contacts through word of mouth.

I just think in this instance it may be a step too far, in reality a very small Lithuanian bank is trying to establish itself in Edinburgh, to possibly use itself as a gateway back to Eastern Europe, whereas most of the mega large financial institutions here are already probing into Eastern Europe to gain a foothold on their own terms, some of them having been active for many years on this front.

Given the size and financial clout of these organisations trying to gain a foothold in that region I would suspect they will be more successful than UKIO will be in doing it in reverse, but stranger things have happened in life.

Archived