Syria 'Nuclear' site...

coppercrutch

coppercrutch

Any of you see this on TV ? Very strange to say the least. Why release this information just now? Iran could be next? Pretty worrying.

If any of you can watch the actual 'release' it is very interesting. It is so smooth and has nice little comparisons between this 'reactor' and the one in North Korea. All voiced over with some super confident smooth talking pundit - yet to be named.....

IMO it has US spin written all over it. The Syrians say it is nonsense. I would be inclined to believe them ahead of the US at this precise time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7364269.stm

Any of you see this on TV ? Very strange to say the least. Why release this information just now? Iran could be next? Pretty worrying.

If any of you can watch the actual 'release' it is very interesting. It is so smooth and has nice little comparisons between this 'reactor' and the one in North Korea. All voiced over with some super confident smooth talking pundit - yet to be named.....

IMO it has US spin written all over it. The Syrians say it is nonsense. I would be inclined to believe them ahead of the US at this precise time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7364269.stm

Really doubt the Koreans involvement but do think the Syrians have been busy with there reactor, and so they should be.... re us invading Syria.. nah pretty sure Isreal will take care of it if asked nicely.

Does it have a 45 min launch capability? Where are the WMD's? :P

While the US can make things look too slick and especially after the Iraq debacle it will be hard for them to prove anything ever again, I wouldn't discount it out of hand.

Just watched the film and the way the Americans slate the Syrians for clearing up there bombed reactor is unreal... did the yanks just expect the syrians to leave every thing lying in a heap of debris?

Come on.... jeez.

The Koreans may have been involved but everything the americans say is started with a'probably' the only other thing they mention is that some head of Korea's nuclear project met a syrian and got a picture taken with him... thats a subtle thing to do if you are trying do be undercover.

Billy the Jambo
anyone think that a nuclear device will be set off in their lifetime???

Well if that clown McCain gets voted in as the President there is a good chance .He is a bigger war monger than Bush and if he decides to attack Iran then god help us all because i think Iran have nuclear capabilities and if they are attacked they wont just stop at America they will hit their allies as well and that includes Britain unfortunatley

Well if that clown McCain gets voted in as the President there is a good chance .He is a bigger war monger than Bush and if he decides to attack Iran then god help us all because i think Iran have nuclear capabilities and if they are attacked they wont just stop at America they will hit their allies as well and that includes Britain unfortunatley

Via what means?

Iran doesn't have missiles capable of hitting the UK.

Yes. The world isn't that safe yet i'm afraid

Whether it's a test, a deliberate act (unlikely) or an accident (also unlikely) i dunno, but i will see one.

(im 24 btw)

Via what means?

Correct Boris... the tension will be between Isreal and Syria.... America will be papping it that there little cousin could get wiped out by a very very angry neighbour.

Boris.... got a good online book you might be interested in... will pm you.

Edit I'm a [filter edit]... its bookmarked on my home lap top.

Billy the Jambo
Via what means?

OK Boris i stand corrected i am sure i read somewhere that Iran could hit Britain but i bow to your superior knowledge

coppercrutch
Via what means?

Whether or not they could, the ramifications of some sort of war in that area (On top of everything that is already going on) is pretty frightening. We are having problems already with oil and fuel production on a global scale. Another serious war could be nasty.

I am really starting to think that the last 10 years have been some sort of 'golden period' before some serious **** storm hits us all. I hope not but I have had a funny feeling abuot it for a few years now. Everything just seems to be ramping up at the same time. The fact the World economy is about to fall off a cliff does not help !!

Oh well nothing we can do about it !!

Whether or not they could, the ramifications of some sort of war in that area (On top of everything that is already going on) is pretty frightening. We are having problems already with oil and fuel production on a global scale. Another serious war could be nasty.

I am really starting to think that the last 10 years have been some sort of 'golden period' before some serious **** storm hits us all. I hope not but I have had a funny feeling abuot it for a few years now. Everything just seems to be ramping up at the same time. The fact the World economy is about to fall off a cliff does not help !!

Oh well nothing we can do about it !!

Would allow us to make top dollar on our 25 - 30 yrs worth in the North Sea...

I'm just glad the Israel had the balls to act to stop nuclear proliferation whilst the hand wringers in the western world bleat about on "why is it OK for us to have the bomb but nobody else?"

The deterrent worked during the cold war because we do not see the end of the world as a good thing. Muslim extremists do. So lets keep their hands off the bomb.

Enough countries have it, and should stop anyone else getting it to keep us safer.

I'm just glad the Israel had the balls to act to stop nuclear proliferation whilst the hand wringers in the western world bleat about on "why is it OK for us to have the bomb but nobody else?"

The deterrent worked during the cold war because we do not see the end of the world as a good thing. Muslim extremists do. So lets keep their hands off the bomb.

Enough countries have it, and should stop anyone else getting it to keep us safer.

Aye it was down the Israelis balls that it was bombed. thats right.

Correct Boris... the tension will be between Isreal and Syria.... America will be papping it that there little cousin could get wiped out by a very very angry neighbour.

I would imagine if any of these two would get wiped out it would be Syria

I would imagine if any of these two would get wiped out it would be Syria

eh??? you;ve just thrown the chicken and egg scenario in...

Of course it would be Syria becuase Isreal would be papping it at getting wiped out with one stray bomb that may or may not excist... as long as the yanks keep telling Isreal that there is nuclear bomb next door Isreal will keep bombing strategic targets.

great way for the yanks to keep there hands clean.

coppercrutch
Would allow us to make top dollar on our 25 - 30 yrs worth in the North Sea...

BTW it was meant to be oil and food production but same story.

As for Oil we are an net importer now(Someone correct me if I am wrong). So any increase in price above what it is already will just hurt us more. It is happening already. Everything is going up in price. Mainly due ot the cost of producing and transporting it all around the World.

Globalisation has been great up until now. I think we are now starting to see the downside. I am not particularly confident.............:eek:

BTW it was meant to be oil and food production but same story.

As for Oil we are an net importer now(Someone correct me if I am wrong). So any increase in price above what it is already will just hurt us more. It is happening already. Everything is going up in price. Mainly due ot the cost of producing and transporting it all around the World.

Globalisation has been great up until now. I think we are now starting to see the downside. I am not particularly confident.............:eek:

I know I was just being an erse.... one thing that could change and some one may be able to fill in the blanks...

We could change from an importer to a exporter depending on what happens when the lease runs out that Thatcher set up in her final years... isn't that due for renewal very soon?? I remember reading that we are pumping 10 times more oil per day than we need as a country but due to us selling the lease on the fields we see a tiny fraction of that??

coppercrutch
I know I was just being an erse.... one thing that could change and some one may be able to fill in the blanks...

We could change from an importer to a exporter depending on what happens when the lease runs out that Thatcher set up in her final years... isn't that due for renewal very soon?? I remember reading that we are pumping 10 times more oil per day than we need as a country but due to us selling the lease on the fields we see a tiny fraction of that??

Could be true I have no idea.

I actually think we shoudl be pushing for more wind farms, ridal power etc..

Not for the nonsense reason of 'stopping global warming'.

Simply to get us self sufficient in power production. The demand in the world is at the limit already. It is fine putting in new links to Russian Gas fields but what if they change their mind in 10 years ?

I think we shoud be aiming at total self sufficiency for energy in this country. We have the capability to do it. I reckon we should be taking advantage of that.

Could be true I have no idea.

I actually think we shoudl be pushing for more wind farms, ridal power etc..

Not for the nonsense reason of 'stopping global warming'.

Simply to get us self sufficient in power production. The demand in the world is at the limit already. It is fine putting in new links to Russian Gas fields but what if they change their mind in 10 years ?

I think we shoud be aiming at total self sufficiency for energy in this country. We have the capability to do it. I reckon we should be taking advantage of that.

Couldnt agree more.... its a must that we get as close to self sufficiant as poss, as you say if things get scarey then as a little island we cant keep relying on others.

maltese jambo

im just sick of the US demanding that the rest of the world pander to their command.

Syria is a free country and for that matter so is N. Korea (whether you agree with what happens in that country is another story).

Quite honestly, that news article tells me no facts whatsoever, just slur and spin. But face it, if Israel bombed the site and it was a reactor, then surely there would be some radiation fall out or something along those lines.

Besides, if i was in Syria, id want as many rockets as possible facing Israel, considering their policy against palestinians in Gaza, as well as their human rights record.

im just sick of the US demanding that the rest of the world pander to their command.

Syria is a free country and for that matter so is N. Korea (whether you agree with what happens in that country is another story).

Quite honestly, that news article tells me no facts whatsoever, just slur and spin. But face it, if Israel bombed the site and it was a reactor, then surely there would be some radiation fall out or something along those lines.

Besides, if i was in Syria, id want as many rockets as possible facing Israel, considering their policy against palestinians in Gaza, as well as their human rights record.

I've not got much time for Isreal but if you think their human rights record is poor what must you think of their neighbours? How many of them have a democratic system and a free press?

Guest S.U.S.S.
Via what means?

Dont be silly Boris, they have cloaking technology and transporters just like on Star Trek.

God, do keep up!;)

Guest S.U.S.S.
I've not got much time for Isreal but if you think their human rights record is poor what must you think of their neighbours? How many of them have a democratic system and a free press?

Free Press?

FFS

I have to pay for my paper, this is an OUTRAGE!

Guest S.U.S.S.

Depends on your definition of free is suppose.

Free Press?

FFS

I have to pay for my paper, this is an OUTRAGE!

Who are you kidding SUSS? I reckon you read the Metro every day.:P

Guest S.U.S.S.
Who are you kidding SUSS? I reckon you read the Metro every day.:P

READ?

Eh, look at the pics only thanks.;)

Boris.... got a good online book you might be interested in... will pm you.

Edit I'm a [filter edit]... its bookmarked on my home lap top.

How would the Syrians wipe out Israel?

With a nuclear bomb?

I very much doubt it,

A) It would kill as many Palestinians as Israelis.

B) The fall out would spread over the middle east and probably effect the Syrians also.

Conventional warfare against the Israelis is possible but, the Arabs have a poor track record when you look at 67 and 73. Vastly superior Arab army's were routed.

The war will continue as a guerilla battle between the Palestinians and Israelis with the neighbouring countries posturing between support and peace making.

We will never see true peace in the middle east, certainly in my lifetime and most of yours.

Archived