Ruben for player of the year!!!

barcajambo

I think the only man who is in with a shout for player of the year is ruben palazuelos. The most consistent player, great at passing and keeps possesion. Where as the the others have had sticky patches! So whos everyone voted?

boabyarsebiscuit

This was debated last week. While I'm actually with you (giving the award to Berra because Vlad allows him to be picked every week doesn't sit well with me) certain forum visionaries are dead against it, and you'll likely be laughed at on this thread. You should find a link to the "Player of the Year" thread from last weekend, there was some good debate on there. And also the "Ruben Palazuelos is Pish" thread started around the same time.

Very overrated IMO, no way good enough for Hearts, again only my opinion so no doubt I will be shot down but Berra is a stand out for player of the year for me, I dont think the boy should be captain but he is by far been more consistant than any other player.

The People's Chimp

Is the OP going for funniest thread of the year? Ruben is hugely overrated by sections of the hearts support. Have you not seen how many gaps he leaves in front of the defence? The length of time it even takes him to pass the ball? His strange little dance every time he gets the ball?

He's decent, I just don't see what the hype is about him; I must be missing something. IMO he drifts in and out of games, isn't influential enough and passes his teammates into trouble.

I think POY should be cancelled this year as nobody deserves it. To celebrate finishing in the bottom 6 is disgraceful and if any professional football player happily accepts this award then it shows them up for what they are.

No player should think they deserve an award for their performances this season, IMO.

boabyarsebiscuit
I think POY should be cancelled this year as nobody deserves it.

Possibly correct. But look at the upturn in results since Mr Romanov allowed Ruben Palazuelos to be picked over his Lithuanian favourites (e.g. Zaliukas at defensive mid).

Drylaw Hearts
Possibly correct. But look at the upturn in results since Mr Romanov allowed Ruben Palazuelos to be picked over his Lithuanian favourites (e.g. Zaliukas at defensive mid).

Zaliukas has only played a handful of matches in CM this Season.

The upturn in results may be down to the fact that Stewart has been involved less.

Velicka

That's where my vote would have gone, without his goals god knows where we would have finished this season. But obviously nominees still have to be playing for the club. gave my vote to Velicka for goal of the season though.

For POY i went for Eggert Jonsson. Hasn't been the most consistent but t I think he's had a really impressive first season, even more impressive when you consider how bad the team have been this season.

With regards to the OP: I have been impressed with Ruben at times this season but over the last few months he has been not so great. In the last match against St.Mirren he made too many bad passes when trying to be clever.

I am afraid it waould be Velicka for me, one of the few players who had some consistency.

Eggert Johnson is a player I have enjoyed watching progress, I think he could turn in to an excellent player however he still has a long way to go. Berra has been reasonable and Palazuleous is over rated however I think he has had some very good games.

I like Palazuelos.

Ruben, Driver, Jonsson, Berra and Velicka are all decent shouts.

What does it say for us when AV is STILL quoted in our POTY??

Guest JamboRobbo

What does it say for us when AV is STILL quoted in our POTY??

That we're desperately scratching around for someone worthy of the award in a season of mediocrity and under-acheivement.....

rossthejambo

out of the players that were up for the vote i went for palazuelos. it was a straight choice for me between him and jonsson. i cant help but think that velicka wasnt quoted because its blatantly obvious he'd win hands down and would be a bit of a blow to the confidence of the rest of the team

boabyarsebiscuit
That we're desperately scratching around for someone worthy of the award in a season of mediocrity and under-acheivement.....

Yep, that about sums it up for me. Berra will win it on the basis Romanov allowed him to be picked for the whole season. I remember asking Ruben in the stands at Parkhead (0-5) if he was injured. He replied "no", and then shrugged his shoulders when I asked him why he wasn't playing.

portobellojambo1

The very fact that Palazuelos has featured in the team regularly since January, and there are those who say that results have been acceptable since January, could suggest something, i.e. that he has brought some sort of consistency to that area of the field. I accept it could just be coincidence.

In relation to JKB, and our POTY, I am at work so do not have access to the information but from memory Palazuelos is streets ahead of everyone else, based on those who vote on the MOTM threads.

He is the sort of player I would like to see in the team going forward, skillful football players, like himself, Karipidis and Tall would be a joy to watch under a manager who can bring out the very best in them.

I think the only man who is in with a shout for player of the year is ruben palazuelos. The most consistent player, great at passing and keeps possesion. Where as the the others have had sticky patches! So whos everyone voted?

Think with your user name you are a bit biased?

Apart from that :thumbs_down:

Ginger God Is Back

I think anyone who comes on here to publicly state that any of our 629 registered players are in the running for player of the year....needs their erse skelped.:evilno:

plastic_bas

I know it wont be popular but I have to say that Zaliukas performance against Rangers at tynie in the 4-2 win was the best defensive midfield performance by any of our players all season. He was incredible that day.

Having said that I hope he never plays in that position ever again because he's prone to some total stinkers. Ruben and Eggert are far more consistent.

I think Velicka should get it

He was great when he played this season, and his goals were massive in preventing this season being even more embarassing. Would also be a nice gesture to the guy, who tried his heart out here but was very under appreciated by some fans, until it became apparent he was leaving

Would also re-affirm to Romanov how stupid a decision it was to let him go

I think that giving any of the current squad any kind of award would give a false impression that some of them have been almost nearly adequate.

The person who truly deserves it got punted during the season for some crazy reason.

Voted for Ruben as he has been most consistent. Berra had far too many off days at the start of the season.

Ruben will be more appreciated, as he will be more effective, when we get some decent creative players playing ahead of him. For now I see why some don't rate him as he doesn't contribute all that much. But fetching the ball, keeping it and getting it to a team mate isn't needed as much when the players you are giving it to are ****e.

As unpopular a shout as this may be, I think he's a much better player than Brellier ever was. it's just that Brellier's part in the team was much more valuable than Ruben's is now. Getting players as close to the calibre of Jankauskas, Bednar, Skacel and Hartley will improve Ruben's worth.

2nd in the player of the season voting for me. I'd go with Berra.

yer arse

Jonsson, Driver or Berra for me. In that order.

I think that those 3 have been our best players this season. Berra is my player of the year. Given everything going on around him he has been magnificent. Jonsson's form shaded a bit after the turn of the year, prior to that he had been our best player.

I think that Palazuelos is very good at looking classy while playing a team mate into trouble. He might be a very good player in a slower paced league as he has decent ball skills, but not in Scottish football. We need stronger, faster, more competitive players in the centre of our midfield.

But those who have a clue about football will notice ruben has been POTY this season. As for berra he is inconsistent, driver has been injured alot and it has been stop and start, Jonsson is not good simple, larry stop and start. The only other person to challenge him is velicka. Ruben has played decent infront of a **** team with a bad manager give him a few months of decent training and a good team alongside him or even a few better players and he will shine!!

But those who have a clue about football will notice ruben has been POTY this season.

Tee hee hee. You're funny. I love Kickback.

I'd go for Ruben but only because Velicka is off and it can't be fair to give it to him.

I also agree with an earlier post that the fact we are scrabbling around trying to justify a player of the year tells its own story.

loveofthegame
But those who have a clue about football will notice ruben has been POTY this season.

I always find it ****ing hilarious when someone comes on claiming how much they know about football when the point they are trying to make is absolute bull****.

He airy-fairys about the middle of the park and loses the ball as often as he keeps a hold of it. I like him in that he tries to keep hold of the ball and he hasnt always been helped by those around him but POTY, no chance. Jury's still out on him in my book, and by the looks of things on here, in many others book aswell.

But then you used a sentence along the lines of 'anyone that knows anything about football' so that by divine right makes you correct and us wrong.

Your username also suggests a bit of bias in your choice.

I always find it ****ing hilarious when someone comes on claiming how much they know about football when the point they are trying to make is absolute bull****.

He airy-fairys about the middle of the park and loses the ball as often as he keeps a hold of it. I like him in that he tries to keep hold of the ball and he hasnt always been helped by those around him but POTY, no chance. Jury's still out on him in my book, and by the looks of things on here, in many others book aswell.

But then you used a sentence along the lines of 'anyone that knows anything about football' so that by divine right makes you correct and us wrong.

Your username also suggests a bit of bias in your choice.

well said my friend

Archived