Scottish schools at new Wembley, any Jambos there?

bighusref

I just saw a little bit on the news about the young team being the first Scottish team to play at the New Wembley, I think I saw Jason Thomson's wee brother there (Danny?). Does anybody know if there are there any Jambos there?

Csaba's Broon Shoes
I just saw a little bit on the news about the young team being the first Scottish team to play at the New Wembley, I think I saw Jason Thomson's wee brother there (Danny?). Does anybody know if there are there any Jambos there?

No too sure if their any Jambos in the squad however it takes me back to

the game in 1980 live on council tv 5-4 match

starring a young John Robertson , Paul McStay , Ally Dick , Paul Rideout

Best of luck to the youngsters it may be the only time some of these kids

get to play at Wembley as not many of them will probably make it at in the

professional game .

No too sure if their any Jambos in the squad however it takes me back to

the game in 1980 live on council tv 5-4 match

starring a young John Robertson , Paul McStay , Ally Dick , Paul Rideout

Best of luck to the youngsters it may be the only time some of these kids

get to play at Wembley as not many of them will probably make it at in the

professional game .

I was at that game with my (then) 11 year old son and it was one of the best games I've seen live. Mark Walters also played for England and for my money the best player was the Scottish No 10 (Rae?) who was signed by Hibs. Surprisingly he did nothing as a senior.

Colonel Kurtz
I was at that game with my (then) 11 year old son and it was one of the best games I've seen live. Mark Walters also played for England and for my money the best player was the Scottish No 10 (Rae?) who was signed by Hibs. Surprisingly he did nothing as a senior.

I was there as well,rideout was the pick of the English,scored 3 I think.

There was one Scotland flag flying behind the goals

Charlie-Brown

England v Scotland Schools U18 International is at Wembley this saturday

I can't find any teams news but Hearts have 4 Kids in the Scotland U17 squad for forthcoming UEFA Tournament this summer - Mikey Delands, Danny Thomson, David Love & Scott Robison - I think 2 of them (Delands & Robinson) are still at School but I'm not sure what the criteria is for Schools International games?

I was there as well,rideout was the pick of the English,scored 3 I think.

There was one Scotland flag flying behind the goals

Although I live in England and was there as part of an English school, I was sat near the Royal Box and did not disguise my allegiance. In fact one English cretin. about 12 years old, threatened my son but I bravely stood up to him.

david mcgee

Andy Bruce was in goal that day.

He signed for Rangers and went on to sign for Hearts.

When he came back from that game i was playing against him in a bounce match, i cushioned the ball on my chest, turned in one movement and volleyed the ball into the corner of the net.

I even managed to commentate, something along the lines off.. " Rideout one nil".

He chased me half way around the pitch and kicked my butt.

Andy and Gordon Marshall were both in our school and in competition for the same places.

The rivalry was intense, but always with total respect, they were both great guys and i watched their career paths.

Gordon did better for himself out of the professional game, the last i heard Andy was in the police.

Good luck to both you guys.

Charlie-Brown
So nobody knows then! :)

No there is little or nothing about the game online except the date & venue. :)

No there is little or nothing about the game online except the date & venue. :)

Cheers mate.

I just thought with there so many posters on here that either know the players, are the players or keep them in their spare room we may know how many players contracted to Hearts are off to play for their country at youth level.

Archived