Vlad sent his message out when appointed McGlynn

desmondo

As he did when the Mangers request for a striker(s) was blanked never mind a decent midfielder

If ever there was a time to speculate it was this season now we are facing apathy directly and a less than averge season

I know we are cutting back and rightly so but a player or two added would have us flying high

The harsh reality is we have nout up front and it aint gonny get better imo

Vlad is telling us to get on with it no matter what cash we take in :rolleyes:

Patterson up front is a disgrace, nout against the lad he is a raw talent but if its onwards and upwards that is not the answer

Though on our day we should have a day or two in the sun but nothing that will compete with last season :ermm:

Though on our day we should have a day two in the sun but nothing that will compete with last season :ermm:

I would be more inclined to say that we may do nothing this season to compete with the Cup Final, rather than season, in regards to the league.

5th last year was sheight.

I really don`t think the owner cares for the standard Hearts had set themselves in previous years/decades. Are we heading for another mediocre league season? Hope not but its looking that way just now.

I want the whole club from owners to the management with a focus to uphold a decent record we have in the league. An aim and a drive to want success.....I get the feeling Vlad is at the stage of "what happen, happens".......for a man who always portrays a proud figure its disappointing.

Of course, we had great success last season in the Cup and i hope we go all out for the cups this season but our rep is also built on being a decent league side.

As he did when the Mangers request for a striker(s) was blanked never mind a decent midfielder

If ever there was a time to speculate it was this season now we are facing apathy directly and a less than averge season

I know we are cutting back and rightly so but a player or two added would have us flying high

Patterson up front is a disgrace, nout against the lad he is a raw talent but if its onwards and upwards that is not the answer

Though on our day we should have a day or two in the sun but nothing that will compete with last season :ermm:

After years of paying inflated wages for a series of ineffectual players he has seen the light and now he is paying peanuts and getting monkeys.

Spot on. If you can't score goals you can't win games. when a tean see's we have nothing to hurt them

they gain confidence. it also demoralises our team as we then begin to think that no matter how well we

play we just can't score. players need to believe and at the moment our players are looking for help.

After years of paying inflated wages for a series of ineffectual players he has seen the light and now he is paying peanuts and getting monkeys.

And short changing the fans , 9.5/10 thousand fans paying their hard earned for season tickets and from what and to whom when its all said and done,are they also entitled see the light ,everybody is feeling the financial strains just now, fans included ,they deserve some respect at least with a decent midfielder and striker, it was not these dedicated fans who season after season forked out a lot of money in season tickets who are or were the source of Vlads past and present rants about SPL football Mafia's, are they to be served up with dross on the field, respect is the word here.verymad.gif

And short changing the fans , 9.5/10 thousand fans paying their hard earned for season tickets and from what and to whom when its all said and done,are they also entitled see the light ,everybody is feeling the financial strains just now, fans included ,they deserve some respect at least with a decent midfielder and striker, it was not these dedicated fans who season after season forked out a lot of money in season tickets who are or were the source of Vlads past and present rants about SPL football Mafia's, are they to be served up with dross on the field, respect is the word here.verymad.gif

never bought a season ticket this season. the only way to get a message through romanov's shell like is hit

him in the pocket. only the hearts fans can get romanov to put up or ship out.

never bought a season ticket this season. the only way to get a message through romanov's shell like is hit

No fair on the team though is it?

Support the team. They're going to need it this season.

Cappuccino Kid

when did you last buy one?

Not having a dig but on the back of one of our greatest cup wins in our history to decide that to me would be strange.

The bit in bold is just pure speculation on your part. We could easily have signed two or three new players in the summer and been no better than we are.

Lots of people are complaining that McGlynn is useless and saying we need to get rid of him. If he is useless, there's no reason to believe he wouldn't continue to make a mess of things with a couple of new players on board, even if they were good players.

Lots of people (often the same ones complaining about McGlynn!) are complaining that we have rubbish players (in certain areas at least). These players weren't forced upon us, the club signed them, no doubt expecting, or at least hoping, that they'd be good for us. Yet many of these same people think that all we need to do is sign another player or two, or three, and they'd automatically be good players for us and turn around the team's fortunes!

The club being allowed to spend on players only what the club can actually afford to spend on players (i.e. Vlad not gifting the club massive amounts of money each year), is not short changing the fans, or disrespecting them, in any way, and it's ludicrous to suggest that it is! You'd maybe have a point if the club was raking in big profits and Vlad was pocketing them, but that's not the case.

I agree with the OP. The appointment of McGlynn made Vlad's strategy transparent. To be fair, he did signal it.

Massive clearout of players including good players. Clearout of strong management team and cheap replacement option. Huge reduction on the wage bill. Almost total reliance on Academy players. No investment whatsover. Club must return an operating profit.

All this is likely to come unstuck with McGowan though. He would be a mug if he signed another contract and will either leave in January for next to nothing or in June for zero.

Hope I'm wrong about at least some of this but it doesn't look like it.

Cappuccino Kid

I agree with the OP. The appointment of McGlynn made Vlad's strategy transparent. To be fair, he did signal it.

Massive clearout of players including good players. Clearout of strong management team and cheap replacement option. Huge reduction on the wage bill. Almost total reliance on Academy players. No investment whatsover. Club must return an operating profit.

where exactly was the massive clear out of players, feel free to list this massive clearance. No normal than most seasons I would say but if your extensive list shows otherwise I am happy to backdown.

Clearout a strong management team by which I assume you mean Paulo & co. struggles to 5th with by far 3rd biggest budget in league. Cup win papered over cracks, we were just as bad at home last season as we have been this year.

where exactly was the massive clear out of players, feel free to list this massive clearance. No normal than most seasons I would say but if your extensive list shows otherwise I am happy to backdown.

Clearout a strong management team by which I assume you mean Paulo & co. struggles to 5th with by far 3rd biggest budget in league. Cup win papered over cracks, we were just as bad at home last season as we have been this year.

What?

So much wrong with this statement i dont know where to begin

Sing Vladimir romanov before kick off every game let him know we still want him, might get him more involved again

I'm really not sure there's much of a "we". I'd be quite happy to see a new broom sweep through the club. As we are cutting costs and digging in, preference would be on an owner sat in the boardroom 9-5 making it happen and building for the future. Romanov is looking to offload asap and given he's not really delivered half of what he promised, I don't think this is a bad thing.

Hearts have thrown away the chance to win the league. With Rangers out the league this was a great chance but Vlad's blown it.

The team that won the cup plus Kyle back would have been contenders.

Plus if Vlad had bought Dean Sheils and Faddy two decent players the flag could have been flying in Tynecastle.

Vlad's short sightness has shown what a clown he is.

Being top of the league would have brought us bigger gates plus prize money plus champions league.

All he had to do was pay the same wages or a touch more from last season plus the new wages for the two signings.

I would have liked a striker, but my biggest concern is the way John McGlynn has us playing. Our style of play is not conducive with goalscoring.

Hearts could go out and sign a decent striker and still toil, we need to re-think our style of play.

The club being allowed to spend on players only what the club can actually afford to spend on players (i.e. Vlad not gifting the club massive amounts of money each year), is not short changing the fans, or disrespecting them, in any way, and it's ludicrous to suggest that it is! You'd maybe have a point if the club was raking in big profits and Vlad was pocketing them, but that's not the case.

My point was not about Vlads expenditure or his gifts or lack of funding ,(as a business man he took the risks as any business does but the product on offer must still reflect the asking price the fans are still being asked to pay), it was about that everyone is feeling the financial strain including the fans who pay their hard earned every season for a decent product on the park and that this product is being compromised or down graded. (striker, midfielder, possible manager,time will tell),),If you went into a shop and bought certain things for a certain price related to its value and that shop was feeling the financial pressures and started offering that product in a downloadable fashion or not for the quality it was fairly valued at before would the customer be entitled to at least some respect for the fact that it is a loyal customer.Surely getting a decent striker ect would not bankrupt Vald or us, he is washing his hands of us.We must be in one hell of a state if clubs like Killie and St Johnstone can get players like Beattie and Sheridan and as for newco ..........ohmy.gifunsure.gif

Regardless of anyone's past opinions of Vlad - surely it's clear he is no longer interested. He's said it himself. Surely people, even those who worship him, are aware of this?

It's a shame, I for one have never been his biggest fan, I think the good things have been balanced by the crazy things. But two cups are good. Then again the inflated wages and all his other moans and groans are the fault of whom? Himself.

It's time the fans shouted for HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN not for Romanov. The more consistently passionate and amazing out support is, the sooner that new broom some speak of will sweep through. Get behind the name of the club.

Regardless of anyone's past opinions of Vlad - surely it's clear he is no longer interested. He's said it himself. Surely people, even those who worship him, are aware of this?

It's a shame, I for one have never been his biggest fan, I think the good things have been balanced by the crazy things. But two cups are good. Then again the inflated wages and all his other moans and groans are the fault of whom? Himself.

It's time the fans shouted for HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN not for Romanov. The more consistently passionate and amazing out support is, the sooner that new broom some speak of will sweep through. Get behind the name of the club.

spoton.png

He is not interested any more and that in its self is a big red flag, people who loose interest generally become redundant of any cares and that should be a cause for concern for all.

Hearts have thrown away the chance to win the league. With Rangers out the league this was a great chance but Vlad's blown it.

The team that won the cup plus Kyle back would have been contenders.

Plus if Vlad had bought Dean Sheils and Faddy two decent players the flag could have been flying in Tynecastle.

Vlad's short sightness has shown what a clown he is.

Being top of the league would have brought us bigger gates plus prize money plus champions league.

All he had to do was pay the same wages or a touch more from last season plus the new wages for the two signings.

I'll have a pint of what you've been drinking!!!!!!!

If we finish 6th this season I'll be delighted.

This season was always going to be a toil.

Taking your points out of order, I agree, this was always going to be a tough year. However, we still have a squad that is good enough for top three. Only the continued tenure of McGlynn is holding us back.

My point was not about Vlads expenditure or his gifts or lack of funding ,(as a business man he took the risks as any business does but the product on offer must still reflect the asking price the fans are still being asked to pay), it was about that everyone is feeling the financial strain including the fans who pay their hard earned every season for a decent product on the park and that this product is being compromised or down graded. (striker, midfielder, possible manager,time will tell),),If you went into a shop and bought certain things for a certain price related to its value and that shop was feeling the financial pressures and started offering that product in a downloadable fashion or not for the quality it was fairly valued at before would the customer be entitled to at least some respect for the fact that it is a loyal customer.Surely getting a decent striker ect would not bankrupt Vald or us, he is washing his hands of us.We must be in one hell of a state if clubs like Killie and St Johnstone can get players like Beattie and Sheridan and as for newco ..........ohmy.gifunsure.gif

It's a bit of a failed analogy there, as it's not really similar things that you're trying to compare. It might be appropriate if what you were complaining about was getting less games for your season ticket money, or having to sit in a seat with a poorer view or something, but the fact is, you pay to see games of football, and you're still getting those games of football.

I'm sure bringing in a new striker wouldn't bankrupt Vlad, but why should he spend his own money on one? The club certainly can't afford it!

It`s all very well giving it the emotional "get behind the team" stuff...which is what i`ll always do anyway, but i care, i want to see the bosses at the top right down to the bottom wanting the best for the team. Everyone with the same aim.

I`m only interested in what`s on the park and how good we can be.

Does our Gaffer want this?

Its already been said that Vlad has done well for us, really well in fact, but balanced it up with daft stuff too. If he really is at the stage where we are just an after thought until we are sellable, then the club isn`t being run properly.

I`d rather have a businessman with a passion for Hearts in charge, who just has tenner to put into the club but swore he`d make the best use of our own finances to put the best possible team on the park......

We`ve done it in the past when the top man in charge has had the same vision as the players and fans.

The problem is obviously selling the club but that`s just my feelings on the situ now. (he`ll probably go and sign Rudi now :rolleyes:)

McGlynn has said HIMSELF that he isn't the man responsible for who comes in (humble apologies if I'm wrong by the way). He said he's there to use what's put in front of him. So if he isn't actively pushing for players, and Vlad isn't interested or attending - who exactly on the staff side is passionately seeking a bright future or an improvement? I KNOW all about the need to cut wages, folk here have rammed it home a billion times. Fact remains the likes of St.J can take players on - we cant. The fact also remains that all these cut backs due to illicit spending and utterly crazy wages are the fault of Mr Romaonv himself!! I love the club and am a die hard backer of the players, honestly. BUT I'm ever more concerned about the parties who seem confident over our ownership.

McGlynn has said HIMSELF that he isn't the man responsible for who comes in (humble apologies if I'm wrong by the way). He said he's there to use what's put in front of him. So if he isn't actively pushing for players, and Vlad isn't interested or attending - who exactly on the staff side is passionately seeking a bright future or an improvement? I KNOW all about the need to cut wages, folk here have rammed it home a billion times. Fact remains the likes of St.J can take players on - we cant. The fact also remains that all these cut backs due to illicit spending and utterly crazy wages are the fault of Mr Romaonv himself!! I love the club and am a die hard backer of the players, honestly. BUT I'm ever more concerned about the parties who seem confident over our ownership.

thumbsup.gif

Will ignore your comment regarding the clearout of players other than to say it has been vast.

As for the Three Amigos. New management team. Gave us our best result ever at the end of their very first year. It took Ferguson three times as long to sort out Man Utd.

As a fellow Jambo you are entitled to your opinions and I respect them but I find your agressive response somewhat odd.

Taking your points out of order, I agree, this was always going to be a tough year. However, we still have a squad that is good enough for top three. Only the continued tenure of McGlynn is holding us back.

Mmm. I'd say 4th best squad at a push. Celtic, Motherwell and Dundee Utd at least have strikers who score.

Seymour M Hersh

I'm not convinced Vlad was all that involved in McGlyn's signing. Imo he seems to have said get on with it and appoint who you want hence JM.

Mmm. I'd say 4th best squad at a push. Celtic, Motherwell and Dundee Utd at least have strikers who score.

You'd take the Motherwell squad over ours? My word, that's crazy talk.

It is definitely a better balanced squad with a midfield and forward line that delivers.

We have one or two better players like Zal and Webster but our squad is a mess, quite frankly.

Our squad right now is pretty dire,take out Zal,Webster and Gowser and you'll see how thin on the ground we are,one recognised striker that can't score (penalties apart)for what ever reason,a midfield that can't controle games,think about it,we are in a pretty bad situation on the playing field right now.

Sydney from Sydney

when did you last buy one?

Not having a dig but on the back of one of our greatest cup wins in our history to decide that to me would be strange.

Despite the cup win, some fans are still affected with Romanov Syndrome. We can argue all day about how he saved the club , but he's still unsettling to many fans. Plus there's not a lot of cash about.

So, with a much better squad (according to most Hearts fans) last season Sergio managed to get us 5th place. So now we have worse players (according to most Hearts fans) and we're expected to get third place but for the manager.

Interesting take on things there chief.

It is definitely a better balanced squad with a midfield and forward line that delivers.

We have one or two better players like Zal and Webster but our squad is a mess, quite frankly.

Our squad right now is pretty dire,take out Zal,Webster and Gowser and you'll see how thin on the ground we are,one recognised striker that can't score (penalties apart)for what ever reason,a midfield that can't controle games,think about it,we are in a pretty bad situation on the playing field right now.

I'm genuinely shocked at this. You guys would rather have this mob than our players....

• 01 Randolph
  • 03 Hammell
  • 05 Hutchinson
  • 19 Kerr
  • 30 Cummins (Daley - 73' )
  • 04 Law Booked
  • 06 Hateley
  • 07 Humphrey
  • 14 Lasley Booked
  • 09 Higdon
  • 11 Murphy (Ojamaa - 66' )

Substitutes

• 12 Hollis
  • 15 Ramsden
  • 26 Francis-Angol
  • 17 Daley
  • 18 Carswell
  • 08 Ojamaa
  • 16 McHugh

I'd like you to think about how many of our first team played on 19th May before you really answer.

So, with a much better squad (according to most Hearts fans) last season Sergio managed to get us 5th place. So now we have worse players (according to most Hearts fans) and we're expected to get third place but for the manager.

Interesting take on things there chief.

:laugh:

You are still annoyed at me from last night, aren't you?

Okay, I'll play. We are only missing a few key players from last season (Skacel, Beattie, Black are the main misses, IMO) and we do have a shallower pool of players, that I'll grant you. However, let's remember that third this year is not as prodigious as last year due to the expulsion of Rangers. I reckon that this year, Given Sergio would have had a full year to have the players playing his way, that we would be right in the top three already. However, we've brought in a frankly inept manager and we are faltering badly.

As an aside, given we have only brought in two short term sub 'keepers and Stevenson, who are these "worse players" you are referring to? Or have players suddenly went backwards this year? If they have, I wonder why? ;)

However, once McGlynn is emptied we will be fine. I just hope it's before he leaves us in a position irrepairable.

I'm genuinely shocked at this. You guys would rather have this mob than our players....

• 01 Randolph
  • 03 Hammell
  • 05 Hutchinson
  • 19 Kerr
  • 30 Cummins (Daley - 73' )
  • 04 Law Booked
  • 06 Hateley
  • 07 Humphrey
  • 14 Lasley Booked
  • 09 Higdon
  • 11 Murphy (Ojamaa - 66' )

Substitutes

• 12 Hollis
  • 15 Ramsden
  • 26 Francis-Angol
  • 17 Daley
  • 18 Carswell
  • 08 Ojamaa
  • 16 McHugh

I'd like you to think about how many of our first team played on 19th May before you really answer.

:laugh:

You are still annoyed at me from last night, aren't you?

Okay, I'll play. We are only missing a few key players from last season (Skacel, Beattie, Black are the main misses, IMO) and we do have a shallower pool of players, that I'll grant you. However, let's remember that third this year is not as prodigious as last year due to the expulsion of Rangers. I reckon that this year, Given Sergio would have had a full year to have the players playing his way, that we would be right in the top three already. However, we've brought in a frankly inept manager and we are faltering badly.

As an aside, given we have only brought in two short term sub 'keepers and Stevenson, who are these "worse players" you are referring to? Or have players suddenly went backwards this year? If they have, I wonder why? ;)

However, once McGlynn is emptied we will be fine. I just hope it's before he leaves us in a position irrepairable.

Close to being the most nonsense I've ever read on here

Archived