Hearts clearout

Gorgie Aggro

Who goes?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who goes?

GillesRousset(Jambo)

The only player i would keep would be banks, the rest have proved they are not good enough!

A few odd votes in there from some people.

My votes are who I think should go, and who I think will go, not necessarily everyone who I think should.

Gorgie Aggro

The only people that id keep are............

Lee Wallace, Christophe Berra, Laryea Kingson, Andrew Driver, Steve Banks, Jason Thomson, Eggert J?nsson, Jamie Mole, Branimir Kostadinov, Gary Glen, Jamie MacDonald & Dumitru Copil

We need a quality center half, quality center midfield pair and a quality late 20's early 30's striker who can teach Jamie Mole, Branimir Kostadinov, Gary Glen (all good potential) how to score. Oh and a better goalie

Tall - out of contract

Goncalves - ?1-2M

Makela - wages too high

Cesnauskis - surplus to requirements

Stewart - surplus to requirements

Karipidis - wages are quite high

Pinilla - wages are high especially for someone that doesn't play

Ksanavicius - surplus to requirements

Beslija - wages too high

Lets be realistic, any of them on contracts aren't just going to walk unless someone comes in and offers them more money.

Who do you honestly think will make an offer for Elliot or No. 28?

I like these multiple option polls about the playing squad.

So far the majority would like to see Rodney Romanov, Goncalves, McCann, Nade, Makela, Cesnauskis, Elliot, Ivaskevicius, Pinilla, Ksanivicius and Beslija leave the club. No real surprises there as they are either big earners, unpopular or both.

The fans are split on Vladimir Romanov, Tall, Neilson, Mikoliunas, Stewart, Basso, Screpis and Mole. Romanov, Neilson, Mikoliunas, Stewart and Mole have regularly split the support this season with lengthy threads devoted to them. The only surprise for me is that so many want to keep Basso, especially as almost everybody seems to want to have Banks and MacDonald as our keepers next season.

The vast majority are happy to see Wallace, Berra, Aguiar, Kingston, Banks, Driver, Thomson, Jonsson, Karipidis, Palazuelos, Kostadinov, Glen, MacDonald and Copil remaining Hearts players for 2008/09. It is interesting that Kingston is the only huge earner most people want to keep. I would like to build a young team around Kingston, it may be that it is the popular way forward.

Guest JamboRobbo
I like these multiple option polls about the playing squad.

So far the majority would like to see Rodney Romanov, Goncalves, McCann, Nade, Makela, Cesnauskis, Elliot, Ivaskevicius, Pinilla, Ksanivicius and Beslija leave the club. No real surprises there as they are either big earners, unpopular or both.

The fans are split on Vladimir Romanov, Tall, Neilson, Mikoliunas, Stewart, Basso, Screpis and Mole. Romanov, Neilson, Mikoliunas, Stewart and Mole have regularly split the support this season with lengthy threads devoted to them. The only surprise for me is that so many want to keep Basso, especially as almost everybody seems to want to have Banks and MacDonald as our keepers next season.

The vast majority are happy to see Wallace, Berra, Aguiar, Kingston, Banks, Driver, Thomson, Jonsson, Karipidis, Palazuelos, Kostadinov, Glen, MacDonald and Copil remaining Hearts players for 2008/09. It is interesting that Kingston is the only huge earner most people want to keep. I would like to build a young team around Kingston, it may be that it is the popular way forward.

Agree these multiple choice polls seem to get a good representation of views.

Reading the results , it's pretty clear that the majority would get things pretty much right as far as getting rid of the obvious duds, and keeping the obvious decent prospects - it'll be interesting to see if the club manages to get these most basic of decisions right.

And then theres a fair few in the middle, where it's a tough call and could go either way - and those are the ones where a qualified football professional making the call would result in us getting more right than we will if we let a banker make the call.

rossthejambo

i've picked the players that id want to leave. the likes of beslija and pinilla are players who i think could still make it IMO but if they left i wouldnt be surprised or all that bothered.

the only player u21 iv picked is elliot but that is out of hope rather than expectation. i think he'll still be here next season.

boabyarsebiscuit

Brilliant. 57 people want rid of Fernando Screpis. He was good up at Inverness (admittedly most opinionated part-timers who frequent here won't have bothered with the trip) and came on after 90 minutes against Falkirk.

Incredible.

By the way, this is by FAR the most interesting poll I've ever seen on Kickback - congratulations !

Gorgie Aggro
By the way, this is by FAR the most interesting poll I've ever seen on Kickback - congratulations !

Thanks do i win a prize?? :)

Out of this list only Tall (who is definitely leaving anyway) and Stewart have contracts ending so its all wishful thinking. Stewart is a liability - too many bookings etc. Nicolson is an obvious replacement. Whatever happens we need an attack minded central midfielder.

Karipidis is a decent player - it depends how much he wants to renew beyond 2009. I'd keep Zal as a utility player.

Goncalves and Pinilla have the potential to be good enough and add something to the team. A lot depends on their willingness to stay and pull their weight. Pinilla's contract would need to include a hefty pay per play premium. Jose will probably be the subject of a bid anyway and is likely to go.

I would like Elliot, Neilson, Ivaskevicius, Makela and Chesny or Miko (only a place for one of them next year) to be told to look for other clubs in their best interests (as well as the remainder of your list). Maybe Basso too. We desperately need a new right back.

Tall - out of contract

Goncalves - ?1-2M

Makela - wages too high

Cesnauskis - surplus to requirements

Stewart - surplus to requirements

Karipidis - wages are quite high

Pinilla - wages are high especially for someone that doesn't play

Ksanavicius - surplus to requirements

Beslija - wages too high

Bindy Badgy
Brilliant. 57 people want rid of Fernando Screpis. He was good up at Inverness (admittedly most opinionated part-timers who frequent here won't have bothered with the trip) and came on after 90 minutes against Falkirk.

Incredible.

I don't see how anyone can have an opinion either way about him yet. We haven't seen enough to make an educated decision.

Gorgie Aggro

Intresting that Neil McCann has the second most votes! considering he will be joining the coaching set up next year probably

Drylaw Hearts
Intresting that Neil McCann has the second most votes! considering he will be joining the coaching set up next year probably

I have no issue with McCann joining the Coaching Staff next Season.

But he is unfortunately done as a player at SPL level and should not be awarded a new playing contract.

In goal id be quite happy with Banks and Macdonald. I think Basso should go. Hes out of favour and if the rags are to be believe: greedy too. We won't miss him and I guarentee Macdonalds wages are less.

tommythejambo

Whoever voted for Glen and Banksie can GTF.

Banskie has been solid all season and proved he's good enough to don the maroon.

Glen has scored twice in 2 games.

Where's the logic...?

Loafer12 and GRL1969 seem to think all our best players should go!

What type of person would do that?

begins with H and ends in O

Frankenstein Jambo.
Whoever voted for Glen and Banksie can GTF.

Banskie has been solid all season and proved he's good enough to don the maroon.

Glen has scored twice in 2 games.

Where's the logic...?

These people do it just for the sake of doing it. Banks is a very solid keeper and could prove to be a great addition to the coaching squad. He will also be valuable to help Jamie McDonald establish himself in the Hearts squad next year, Even though that could see the end of him!! lol.

Glen has potential but i don't see him as the answer to all our striking problems, not yet anyway. I hope to god the laddie does well but its to early to judge him

I remember a young eliot breaking through and thinking " what a player he's going to be" and now i am very dissapointed.

Gorgie Aggro
Where's Scott Robinson?

I dont think its fair to put a 16 year old laddie whos only played 2min of football in this poll

Anyway hes just been given a new contract

Say What Again
I dont think its fair to put a 16 year old laddie whos only played 2min of football in this poll

Anyway hes just been given a new contract

I maybe should have used a smiley in my post but I thought it would have been pretty clear I wasn't being serious.

Archived