Travelling Through Europe By Train.

benny

Always wanted to travel through Europe by rail for some reason so i'm going to go for it this this Winter.Fancy London,France,Belgium and Germany.1 week of travelling.Advice needed for travel and accommodation.

Thanks.

tommythejambo

Google inter-railing. You can get a pass from a company so you can hop on and off trains.

Then just book your hostels.

Interail is what you are after. I did 5 weeks round Europe when I was 19 and had a great time. Think there are restrictions on using it in your own country (London) but you might be ok depending on what ticket you get. Hostels is the way forward for accommodation, try hostelbookers.com Can advise on Germany but I never went to Belgium and was only in south of France so don't know much about those two.

Was half price travel in Britain and free in Europe for my ticket in 1978.Think you had to book trains on the continent not just turn up and board.Brilliant month. Not very sure but think ticket cost ?126.In those days we had an international hostel membership card thingy and were able to just turn up at hostels wherever we pitched up.hostel in Zurich was like a five star hotel.

Sounds like quite a lot to do in a week. I've been thinking along the same lines for next summer with Stockholm being my end destination. I've not planned a route yet though as I haven't worked out if I want to reach Sweden via Denmark or Eastern Europe. Im planning on stretching it out over 2 weeks but the cost of travel isn't an issue for me though as most of the trains will be free for me:D

Got to agree with IronJambo, I think you are trying to do to much in a week (4 countries), some off the cities in these countries you would need a week to see just some off it.

Archived