Wage bill cut?

jambo191

Magic Numbers

Anyone got a rough idea how much we have saved on wages after all the player cuts?

Hiya Mr Romanov, how is the deal to re-sign Rudi coming along?

The Great Khali

Anyone got a rough idea how much we have saved on wages after all the player cuts?

One Miiiiiillion Dollars

Francis Albert

We won't know until the accounts for the current period are published in nearly 2 years time. Doubt if enough yet to allow us to break even.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

We won't know until the accounts for the current period are published in nearly 2 years time. Doubt if enough yet to allow us to break even.

Sadly i suspect we won't even be close as yet. :unsure:

Driver, Webby and Zal will be earning the most I suspect.

Sutton must be up there - possibly higher than all but Driver.

I posted before, but I heard from a reliable source that we'd cut the wage bill by two thirds. I'm not certain of the timeframe but I believe it's from Aug 11-Aug 12. Given the players that have left since last August, it seems plausible to me.

Lets hope it's not like David Cameron's cut, where you end up in more debt even tho you've cut loads

driver IS the highest earner ( around ?7000p/w) and hearts have been desperatly trying to get rid of him the past year or so.

driver IS the highest earner ( around ?7000p/w) and hearts have been desperatly trying to get rid of him the past year or so.

Ooooffft

He'll never get a deal like that again.

Obua kello suso elliot and kyle will be atleast 25-30k saved a week alone......not to mention black beattie n temps......

How we cant use the temps fee n saved wages on rudi baffles me.

Then there is the scottish cup win revenue and our intake from liverpool games. And what about the lee wallace money we got?

Quite worrying really as we must be absolute ducked for money, worse than we originally feared.

TheHeartsShow

That is a ******* joke. He cant even get a game ahead of 17/18 yr olds. I also hear he likes a few chippies during the week & claims he'll just 'burn it all off', as he runs down the wing & the Wheatfield stand is cast into shadow due to the enormous turgid bulk mass blocking the sun

Obua kello suso elliot and kyle will be atleast 25-30k saved a week alone......not to mention black beattie n temps......

How we cant use the temps fee n saved wages on rudi baffles me.

Then there is the scottish cup win revenue and our intake from liverpool games. And what about the lee wallace money we got?

Quite worrying really as we must be absolute ducked for money, worse than we originally feared.

Black and Temps weren't on great money with us,as far as I,m led to believe.

I do agree though,we are right royally shafted if we can't even afford to sign a half decent striker after all that income and the savings made.

Your right FA we will not know until accounts have been published, but it really would be alarming after the players we have released and most high earners, if we are not close to breaking even.

The Great Khali

That is a ******* joke. He cant even get a game ahead of 17/18 yr olds. I also hear he likes a few chippies during the week & claims he'll just 'burn it all off', as he runs down the wing & the Wheatfield stand is cast into shadow due to the enormous turgid bulk mass blocking the sun

The smell of your post is giving me the boke

Your right FA we will not know until accounts have been published, but it really would be alarming after the players we have released and most high earners, if we are not close to breaking even.

This. The key issue at the club is the treatment of the outstanding debt. If it is being treated in a normal commercial sense, the club will be financially hamstrung and uncompetitive for decades to come.

tartofmidlothian

I posted before, but I heard from a reliable source that we'd cut the wage bill by two thirds. I'm not certain of the timeframe but I believe it's from Aug 11-Aug 12. Given the players that have left since last August, it seems plausible to me.

This sounds legit, I can't quite believe that folk think we're not already paying much less than 100% of our incomings on wages. Look at when players signed and when we started aggressively cutting our maximum wage season on season (back when Csaba signed Suso, Black etc, believe it or not).

This and a bit of common sense suggests Driver and Zal are probably our highest earners by a way, with Webster, Barr and probably Sutton on a bit more than we'd ideally like to be paying.

This. The key issue at the club is the treatment of the outstanding debt. If it is being treated in a normal commercial sense, the club will be financially hamstrung and uncompetitive for decades to come.

That's exactly my fear Martin

Here's all the players who have left over the summer:

Out : David Templeton, midfielder (Rangers, undisclosed); Craig Beattie, forward (St Johnstone); Ian Black, midfielder (Rangers); Suso Santana, midfielder (Tenerife); Adrian Mrowiec, midfielder (Leipzig); Stephen Elliott, forward (Coventry City); Gary Glen, forward (Ross County); Jordan Morton, midfielder (Livingston); Jason Thomson, defender (Raith Rovers, loan made permanent); Chris Kane, midfielder (Dunfermline Athletic); Colin Hamilton, defender (Arbroath); Gary Graham, forward (Clyde); David Smith, midfielder (Raith Rovers, loan); Rudi Skacel, midfielder; Marian Kello, goalkeeper; David Obua, midfielder; Aaron Murdoch, midfielder; Chris Tobin, midfielder; Ryan Stewart, midfielder; Colin Hamilton, defender; Matthew Park, defender

Now there will be some high wages in there (Obua, Elliott, Kello and Skacel I would imagine would've been on decent money) the some much lower wages from the younger players who will only be on ?400 odd a week.

21 players on that list, plus we have Paulo Sergio + 2 assistants that have left. Brings that figure to 24.

Maybe a rough 'average' figure for all these people, say ?1,750 p/w? Pretty conservative, the average is probably a lot more than that...

Subtracting 4 new arrivals - McGlynn, Jankauskas, Stevenson and Combe leaves a gap of 20. So that's 20 x 1750 over the year saves us roughly ?1.8 Million per year at least IMO.

Either we're being far to tight fisted and taking the whole saving cash thing too far, or, as pointed out already, we could be in even worse a state as we once feared.

Francis Albert

Out : David Templeton, midfielder (Rangers, undisclosed); Craig Beattie, forward (St Johnstone); Ian Black, midfielder (Rangers); Suso Santana, midfielder (Tenerife); Adrian Mrowiec, midfielder (Leipzig); Stephen Elliott, forward (Coventry City); Gary Glen, forward (Ross County); Jordan Morton, midfielder (Livingston); Jason Thomson, defender (Raith Rovers, loan made permanent); Chris Kane, midfielder (Dunfermline Athletic); Colin Hamilton, defender (Arbroath); Gary Graham, forward (Clyde); David Smith, midfielder (Raith Rovers, loan); Rudi Skacel, midfielder; Marian Kello, goalkeeper; David Obua, midfielder; Aaron Murdoch, midfielder; Chris Tobin, midfielder; Ryan Stewart, midfielder; Colin Hamilton, defender; Matthew Park, defender

Now there will be some high wages in there (Obua, Elliott, Kello and Skacel I would imagine would've been on decent money) the some much lower wages from the younger players who will only be on ?400 odd a week.

21 players on that list, plus we have Paulo Sergio + 2 assistants that have left. Brings that figure to 24.

Maybe a rough 'average' figure for all these people, say ?1,750 p/w? Pretty conservative, the average is probably a lot more than that...

Subtracting 4 new arrivals - McGlynn, Jankauskas, Stevenson and Combe leaves a gap of 20. So that's 20 x 1750 over the year saves us roughly ?1.8 Million per year at least IMO.

The last published accounts for the year to July 2011 showed expenditure about ?8m higher than income, the small reported profit being the result of about ?8m of "debt forgiveness". That shows how big a mountain we faced even to break even, and why I suspect we might well not be there yet. I don't understand why people are saying this means that finances must be even worse than was thought. it just means they were as bad as we knew they were.

While this is true and is progress it ignores our tax arrears of between ?1.3 - ?1.5 MILLION and the interest on our debt/overdraft.

While this is true and is progress it ignores our tax arrears of between ?1.3 - ?1.5 MILLION and the interest on our debt/overdraft.

I would imagine the ?700,000 (?) for Templeton and the money generated from the Liverpool tie (at least ?700,000) will probably just cover that.

I would imagine the ?700,000 (?) for Templeton and the money generated from the Liverpool tie (at least ?700,000) will probably just cover that.

The tax bill yes but we are servicing a debt of ?20 - ?25 Million somehow.

For the Wheatfield to be cast into shadow from him we'd need to play 1st thing in the morning.

Mmmm....

Francis Albert

Who's out of contract this year?

I'm worried any high earners will be off in the summer as well.

If as I suspect that's needed to break even, I'm hoping they will be.

Sure I heard that the clubs wage bill was around ?8mil a year and has to be ?4mil for us to live within our means, pretty sure we'll have cut ?2 - ?2.5 mil this season

Wouldn't take those figures as exact but sure its round about that. I fear there is still a long way to go with the likes of Webster and Zal being moved on to not only slash the total but bring in a fee that allows us to cover the wages of the other high earners in the mean time.

Who's out of contract this year?

I'm worried any high earners will be off in the summer as well.

The only players we have till summer 2014 are so far that I know of:

Paterson

MacDonald

Ridgers

Taouil

Sutton

Grainger

Hamill

Stevenson

+ a few youth players

If we're talking summer 2011 - summer 2012 , then add to that guys who left during the year like balogh, kyle, eggert and stevo (well not him obviously)

If as I suspect that's needed to break even, I'm hoping they will be.

But we have to find a balance, if players like Webster &'Zaliukas are allowed to leave without adequate experienced replacements then I'd say a relegation scrap is almost inevitable in 2013-14.

This would cost us far more in the long run, there is no sense in letting every single one of your better players leave year after year, results will invariably suffer and crowds will drop , we only have to see what has happened to Hibs and Aberdeen , we have had relative success in the last 25 years basically because we invested in better players and paid higher wages than our rivals, if you pay lower wages, then you start to attract a poorer standard of player, this happened in the 70s when there was no investment in the playing staff, relegation was inevitable.

We've cut 60 to 80 k a week off the bill from last season. Thats 3-4 million brick.

Rudi n gangsta were well into doubl figure Ks per week. A few on 5 k ish like kyle n elliott not far off. A whole host on 2-3 k...black, c elliot, suso, kello, moroviec, temps, wallace, and more. Then lots of other random salraies.

Believe me, we're getting toward managabl but as we can see we are crying out for qality to get us truly competitive....and watchable!

Howdy Doody Jambo

It is a dangerous game all this wage cutting , you can only cut so far to see the quality on the park slide into the bottom 6 then the punters will stop going and the debt will rise again If you pay peanuts you get monkeys , crap team = poor support

Who wants to watch a cheap losing team ?

It is a dangerous game all this wage cutting , you can only cut so far to see the quality on the park slide into the bottom 6 then the punters will stop going and the debt will rise again If you pay peanuts you get monkeys , crap team = poor support

I have supported HMFC for many many years including the dark days of what is now Division 1.

The answer to your question is that I don't particularly want to watch a cheap losing team but I'll watch HMFC whatever state they're in. I may be mad but I support HMFC and am not in it solely for glory.

scott herbertson

More people than want to watch a block of flats

Howdy Doody Jambo

I have supported HMFC for many many years including the dark days of what is now Division 1.

The answer to your question is that I don't particularly want to watch a cheap losing team but I'll watch HMFC whatever state they're in. I may be mad but I support HMFC and am not in it solely for glory.

Ive also watched the Hearts in Division 1 and we were getting gates of 5000 on average , would not like to go back to that , but cut cut cut and anything can happen

We've cut 60 to 80 k a week off the bill from last season. Thats 3-4 million brick.

Rudi n gangsta were well into doubl figure Ks per week. A few on 5 k ish like kyle n elliott not far off. A whole host on 2-3 k...black, c elliot, suso, kello, moroviec, temps, wallace, and more. Then lots of other random salraies.

Believe me, we're getting toward managabl but as we can see we are crying out for qality to get us truly competitive....and watchable!

Obua was our highest earner on 7k a week, Csaba rated him very highly.

Can't imagine some of the wages that were handed out in the Burley days. Speaking of which, that team would absolutely piss this league

And on that point of the league being absolute garbage, if Vlad did loosen the purse strings a little for us to bring in a higher quality of player e.g. Rudi and Sheridan, we could comfortable finish second and push Celtic, with perhaps another cup run. This entilting us to more prize money and another glamour European tie next year (which pretty much pays for the extra money spent on wages that he would be investing). Pity Vlad has gave up at a time when Scottish football is at its lowest point when the potential is there for us to take it to the next level with a little bit investment.

Snake Plissken

Obua was our highest earner on 7k a week, Csaba rated him very highly.

Can't imagine some of the wages that were handed out in the Burley days. Speaking of which, that team would absolutely piss this league

By 20 points easily.

We needed Vlad when we did but if he'd made his big investment now we'd walk the league.

Ah well.

The fastest way out of recession is to increase revenue generation. Cutting costs helps in the short term but can prolong the dip and further increase the net loss. Working diligently on both sides is what is required. Control costs to match revenue expectations and do everything possible to exceed revenue expectations. Very simple business model that involves focusing on the top line and not the bottom. Focusing on the top allows the bottom to take care of itself.

What this means for Hearts is establishing a core of 8 to 10 players who form the crux of the first team that will be on reasonable wages say $5000/week. We would carry 3-4 squad or experienced players on $2000-$3000/week. The remainder of the squad would be from the Academy. Contracts for those players would work on a rolling scale and increase with the number of performances and have extension opportunities for the club. Once they reach the max, they become part of the 8-10 nucleus. This is assuming they have progressed to that level. 3 possibilities are they don't make it, don't ever make much money, they make it, we pay them gradually more per appearances and they make it big, we sell. This model allows us a structure to live within and any manager can track which area he can bring players in and when he must move others on from specific categories.

On the revenue side we need to continue to build the fan base, fill Tynecastle and build new revenue streams. This may mean increased investment in the academy to create sale able assets? Also, the fans play a big part with their vocal support of the team. Best way to get fans out is show them a good time. Phil Anderton was on to something. We need a consistently good atmosphere. Check out the Portland Timbers in the MLS. Bottom of the league, can't get a ticket! Fan experience is second to none. Product on the park is irrelevant.

Let's control costs and build revenues and back the team. Growth through the cut backs is tough yet essential. Apologies for the boring post.....

Arthur Morgan

And on that point of the league being absolute garbage, if Vlad did loosen the purse strings a little for us to bring in a higher quality of player e.g. Rudi and Sheridan, we could comfortable finish second and push Celtic, with perhaps another cup run. This entilting us to more prize money and another glamour European tie next year (which pretty much pays for the extra money spent on wages that he would be investing). Pity Vlad has gave up at a time when Scottish football is at its lowest point when the potential is there for us to take it to the next level with a little bit investment.

Totally agree with this, good post :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

For the Wheatfield to be cast into shadow from him we'd need to play 1st thing in the morning.

Mmmm....

:D

FACT!

This is the sort of post I like, barely relevant and only really flirting with the main topic and yet probably the most accurate and factual piece on the thread.

Archived