• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• the general

• Tams bird

• ollie2004

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Used to be a guy 20-25 years ago who sat at about the half way line on the wheatfeild benches.

Had hundreds of pins badges on his scarf. Used to hold it up to the pitch to accompany his shout of moan the Herts!

Die hard Jambo, never did not see him back in the day.

Never spoke to the guy but always seen him around Tynie, seen him a lot in the Tynie Arms.

Always had a smile on his face and seems like a guy that could lighten up any room when walking in.

RIP

Smoked-Glass
On 04/01/2018 at 13:07, Morgan said:

Aye, China was pretty well known.

Can someone tell me why he's called China?  🇨🇳

It is an actual 2nd name but thought it might be a nic name 

On 03/09/2012 at 16:55, Horatio Caine said:

there used to be a big guy who was seen at nearly every match, home or away and he looked as though he was an albino.

White hair, very fair skin, and pink eyes. Anyone else remember him

He's the guy that we all used to play 'Spot the Lightbulb' with every home game. First to find him in the crowd was the winner. We were in the gorgie road terrace and I think he was usually at McLeod Street end. Took my user name in his honour 😊

Edited by Lightbulb
Error

Weakened Offender
5 hours ago, Locky said:

For those who don't yet know, Frank Walker (Shaky) has passed away.

Sure he's mentioned in this thread somewhere. He was the guy always in onesies and fancy dress costumes at Tynie. A proper character.

I've known Shaky for 35 years and this is really sad news. Used to DJ back in the day, discos and parties. A lovely, barmy guy. 

Lone Striker
On 25/12/2017 at 22:30, Dougie Masterton said:

The guy your describing was Graham Blackwood. His nickname was crawler. 

Was he the fat bald guy that generally had a Hearts shoulder bag with him ?  Did he also write Hearts stats in the match program or write a  fanzine column or something  in the 70s or 80s ?     Used to see him at the bus stop at Blackhall a  fair bit. 

51 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Was he the fat bald guy that generally had a Hearts shoulder bag with him ?  Did he also write Hearts stats in the match program or write a  fanzine column or something  in the 70s or 80s ?     Used to see him at the bus stop at Blackhall a  fair bit. 

Crawler was a lovely bloke, a stalwart of The Manor Branch I think ...

Fxxx the SPFL
On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 22:28, Weakened Offender said:

I've known Shaky for 35 years and this is really sad news. Used to DJ back in the day, discos and parties. A lovely, barmy guy. 

had the wife's pal up in the garden today and she was pally with shaky and she said that for her 40th birthday he bought her a dog what a guy.

Colonel Kurtz

Terry Banks aka Gandalf the Grey from Penicuick had the same Scotmid carrier bag for about 20 years

The 2 Jimmies Downie and Marshall who ran the Cabin Hearts bus

Jimmy 2 shoes who went on the bus

Alfie Wright who ran buses from The Rob Roy and Robins Nest

Keith from moredun when he was off his meds

Frank bellowing out Nae Singing in Hares

Spanish George

Weakened Offender
46 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

had the wife's pal up in the garden today and she was pally with shaky and she said that for her 40th birthday he bought her a dog what a guy.

Indeed. Says it all, eh? 

maroonsgotop
3 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Terry Banks aka Gandalf the Grey from Penicuick had the same Scotmid carrier bag for about 20 years

The 2 Jimmies Downie and Marshall who ran the Cabin Hearts bus

Jimmy 2 shoes who went on the bus

Alfie Wright who ran buses from The Rob Roy and Robins Nest

Keith from moredun when he was off his meds

Frank bellowing out Nae Singing in Hares

Spanish George

Used to work beside Terry. Very very nice guy and Hearts through and through even at our lowest levels he always went to the games. Played a big part in Penicuik Hearts and I think he lays the wreath at Haymarket  most years. Had the nick name 'Pink Panther' at work........................a term of endearment. 

maroonsgotop
On 25/05/2020 at 23:44, Jambo-Fox said:

Crawler was a lovely bloke, a stalwart of The Manor Branch I think ...

yup. Remember him and I think Davie Speed regularly getting on the bus at Blackhall and was definitely at the Manor Branch when I was member back in the late 60's/early 70's. Lovely guy

17 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

yup. Remember him and I think Davie Speed regularly getting on the bus at Blackhall and was definitely at the Manor Branch when I was member back in the late 60's/early 70's. Lovely guy

I went on the Manor Branch bus to a friendly at Brechin once!!

Colonel Kurtz
8 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

Used to work beside Terry. Very very nice guy and Hearts through and through even at our lowest levels he always went to the games. Played a big part in Penicuik Hearts and I think he lays the wreath at Haymarket  most years. Had the nick name 'Pink Panther' at work........................a term of endearment. 

i also worked with Terry saw him about 2 years ago he came into the cask and barrell and fell asleep

• 2 weeks later...
jambostuart

I believe it was Shaky's funeral today and he got quite the turn out by the International Bar. I know it's not meant to be done during lockdown but still nice to see people come pay their respects to a truly unique character.

Diadora Van Basten

I take it the funeral director is wearing a onesie in recognition of Shaky’s onsies.

i didn’t know him but you could tell he loved Hearts.

I attended Tynecastle , I reckon almost 200 people turned out to Pay their respects, some dressed in onesies , some in fancy dress . Was emotional but lifting too . There was around 100 at the International Bar , Along with a guy playing a trumpet ( or similiar ) blasting out theHearts  song . 
At Mortonhall roughly 24 were inside as the jovial Church of Scotland minister regaled everyone with tales of Shaky . 
The funeral was streamed live with people viewing from West Lothian to West Virginia and also played on speakers for the 50 or so mourners outside Mortonhall.

A helluva send off for a helluva guy . 

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I take it the funeral director is wearing a onesie in recognition of Shaky’s onsies.

i didn’t know him but you could tell he loved Hearts.

Yes all their staff were wearing onesies. He requested it in his “not to be opened until I snuff it” letter 😄 

Shaky was a huge Jambo, will be sorely missed. One of the nicest people you could ever meet. 

57 minutes ago, Meadows said:

I attended Tynecastle , I reckon almost 200 people turned out to Pay their respects, some dressed in onesies , some in fancy dress . Was emotional but lifting too . There was around 100 at the International Bar , Along with a guy playing a trumpet ( or similiar ) blasting out theHearts  song . 
At Mortonhall roughly 24 were inside as the jovial Church of Scotland minister regaled everyone with tales of Shaky . 
The funeral was streamed live with people viewing from West Lothian to West Virginia and also played on speakers for the 50 or so mourners outside Mortonhall.

A helluva send off for a helluva guy . 

He’d be delighted with the send off he got, no more than he deserved. Everyone done him proud today. What a guy, one of a kind.

RIP Shaky x 🇱🇻

TorinoJambo
On 30 May 2020 at 07:47, Colonel Kurtz said:

i also worked with Terry saw him about 2 years ago he came into the cask and barrell and fell asleep

Terry is still on the committee at Penicuik HSC, along with my good self. He's not on this forum but I will pass on the munificence of Kickback.

2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Cracking send off for a great guy who never changed. 

Didn’t know the guy, but that’s a nice post from you.  :thumbsup:

Weakened Offender
21 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Didn’t know the guy, but that’s a nice post from you.  :thumbsup:

Thank you Morgan. I knew Shaky and recently found out that a family member knew him better through work, and as Frank, and their opinion of him was equally as high. He was just as larger than life in that part of his life too. 😊

Edited by Weakened Offender

jambostuart
23 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Thank you Morgan. I knew Shaky and recently found out that a family member knew him better through work, and as Frank, and their opinion of him was equally as high. He was just as larger than life in that part of his life too. 😊

He was an amazing guy alright and definitely one of a kind. I honestly don't think anyone had a bad word to say about him. I'm glad he got the turn out he deserved

I didn’t know Shaky but our paths crossed a few times at games when he could be seen and heard in a larger than life way. If some of the Hearts support had a tenth of the enthusiasm and love for the club that he had we would undoubtedly be the best supporters in the land.  

RIP Shaky and thank you for your entertainment and support.