Characters at Tynecastle from yesteryear

Pans Jambo

3fingersreid
2 hours ago, farin said:

I pity his neighbours.:laugh4:

I must be about 10 or so rows behind him so it’s not a problem for me. He’s certainly a fanatical supporter and good on him ????

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• the general

• Tams bird

• The Gasman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who remembers Bobby Blackwood and the Clancy’s? The latter as Paul, Ronnie and Laurie. Bobby has passed now. 

Senior Clancy was head of police in Midlothian at one time. The Clancy’s were, shall we say, vocal. I think Ronnie is or was a QC! All of this when Mathers West End was the king of bars for refreshing Hearts fans...Bobby Blackwoods coat could have kept 8-10 people warm...

F1E78371-19F8-4331-A4D3-01452002E41F.gif

• 2 years later...
been here before
1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Is Karate Keith still knocking about?

Aye he is. I saw him somewhere quite recently but can think where it was. Took me a wee while to remember who he was given it was outside of Tynecastle.

Don’t know them personally but two guys I’ve seen at games brothers perhaps twins even normally Pittodrie or at least that’s where I’ve seen them look erm..... and look like they’re enjoying the day out but........it’s the casual look they favour no colours jeans and just a casual shirt no jacket, jumper I shudder just seeing them and well I’m sure the majority know what like the temperature is like at Pittodrie.......even the summer.

Specy Baseball cap sat half way up section Y sits on end of row massive twat moaned about everything and every player who played for hearts this is going back 10 15 year 😂 saw him at Kilmarnock in the Wheatfield not changed in that time still a tit.

Ricardo Shillyshally

There used to be a wee tidy blonde who went home and away with her brown haired pal. The blonde wore double denim. Never seen her at a game for years.

3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Specy Baseball cap sat half way up section Y sits on end of row massive twat moaned about everything and every player who played for hearts this is going back 10 15 year 😂 saw him at Kilmarnock in the Wheatfield not changed in that time still a tit.

You've just described about 30 percent of our fan base.

1 minute ago, PTBCAL said:

Was she fat as well?

If so you might be talking about the ex wife 🤢😆

:rofl: 

avhudtheteeshirt
On 04/01/2018 at 14:25, londonjambo said:

Had a drink with John Hay the other week in London. Great guy and very knowledgeable about Hearts. 

He's moving back to Edinburgh so you might see him a bit more at games 

GC

Worked with Peter Hay in Ferranti, he loved nothing better than talking up his beloved Hearts.

As I knew sign language, he would end up appearing nearby on Monday mornings.

When it was terracing at the school end, he would usually stand near the pie stand.

4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

😭😭😭

I did think you were having a bit of a William Shakespeare moment⁉️

The first three that come to my mind (they’ve probably been mentioned before, but Im not about to read through 13 pages!) are Big Bernie, Jesus and Wee Sinky.

7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The first three that come to my mind (they’ve probably been mentioned before, but Im not about to read through 13 pages!) are Big Bernie, Jesus and Wee Sinky.

I mind Bernie in Robbos but wee Sinky I’ve had many a beer with while travelling on the Dickens bus. Did not give a **** what anyone thought of him and lived for hearts. A barry wee guy who travelled through to every game but eventually stopped trying to get in to Ibrox because he had been chucked out so many times so just went peeving along paisley Road then got back on the bus 😂

Ricardo Shillyshally
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I mind Bernie in Robbos but wee Sinky I’ve had many a beer with while travelling on the Dickens bus. Did not give a **** what anyone thought of him and lived for hearts. A barry wee guy who travelled through to every game but eventually stopped trying to get in to Ibrox because he had been chucked out so many times so just went peeving along paisley Road then got back on the bus 😂

I didn't know him to speak to but remember him giving it laldy outside Ibrox once. Was probably the early 90s

1 minute ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

I didn't know him to speak to but remember him giving it laldy outside Ibrox once. Was probably the early 90s

ibrox again 😂. I remember before an evening kick off at Easter road about 6pm, streets still busy with folk going home from work, nice sunny night. He’s standing at the top of elm row on the corner with London Road, loads of hearts gear, carry out at his feet, Union Jack draped round his shoulders singing The Gorgie Boys at the top of his voice.  Wee loony. 

Byyy The Light
15 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

I remember him right up the Rangers fans at Ibrox singing “we’ve got Fireworks, we’ve got fireworks, you’ve no, you’ve no” on repeat for pretty much the whole game. Late 90s. Mad man.  

13 hours ago, been here before said:

Aye he is. I saw him somewhere quite recently but can think where it was. Took me a wee while to remember who he was given it was outside of Tynecastle.

Think he was in a wheelchair the last time I saw him.

JimCornette

There used to be a balding guy with a white ponytail who was always at the games and often hospitality. Sure he's on a DVD or VHS about the 98 cup win. Used to see him all the time notable for the barnet.

12 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

Don’t know them personally but two guys I’ve seen at games brothers perhaps twins even normally Pittodrie or at least that’s where I’ve seen them look erm..... and look like they’re enjoying the day out but........it’s the casual look they favour no colours jeans and just a casual shirt no jacket, jumper I shudder just seeing them and well I’m sure the majority know what like the temperature is like at Pittodrie.......even the summer.

Sounds like the Robertson's who drink in Benson's.

2 minutes ago, JimCornette said:

There used to be a balding guy with a white ponytail who was always at the games and often hospitality. Sure he's on a DVD or VHS about the 98 cup win. Used to see him all the time notable for the barnet.

Frankie morton.no longer ponytail Frankie 👍

7 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

There used to be a wee tidy blonde who went home and away with her brown haired pal. The blonde wore double denim. Never seen her at a game for years.

Steph from Dunfermline by the sound of it.

8 minutes ago, braveheart said:

Steph from Dunfermline by the sound of it.

Her brown haired pal will be Peter. Her Dad 😀

Ricardo Shillyshally
Just now, PTBCAL said:

Her brown haired pal will be Peter. Her Dad 😀

No definitely female.

I'd guess they'll be about mid 40s now

On 13/04/2020 at 07:15, been here before said:

See him up Southside a lot. Think he might stay in Niddrie? Always with his scarf on, sometimes even singing Hearts songs.

I believe he sits in the main stand now, close to the control room. Not that I've seen him in or even around Tynie for a while.

11 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

No definitely female.

I'd guess they'll be about mid 40s now

👍

Won’t be the lady being mentioned then as she is way younger tbh 

19 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

The Brown haired pal is her step sister, if it’s the burzd I think you’re thinking about, their Dad Peter and the daughters drink in the Tynecastle Arms.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 hours ago, Locky said:

See him up Southside a lot. Think he might stay in Niddrie? Always with his scarf on, sometimes even singing Hearts songs.

I believe he sits in the main stand now, close to the control room. Not that I've seen him in or even around Tynie for a while.

He was sitting in the wrong seat behind me, a couple months back (section T). Think he refused to move when the people who should have sat there asked him to move. My mate's aunt had to intervene and move him on. Think the other people shat themselves.

millerjames398

I remember a wee begbie look a like called ronnie from wester hailes, that used to go on the ardmillan bus early to mid 90s, funny as **** guy, i remember him gettin on the bus for 6-2 pumping we took up there, he was wrecked and tried to queue to get in the boys gate, height wise he might have got away with it, but the tache and the rugged face kinda gave ot away, the police clocked him, and i could see them inching up the line towards him, he gets the hand on the shoulder "how old do you think you are" ronnie quick as a flash 14 mate😂 he was marched away, i thought thats him locked up, but sure enough he was standing outside the bus waitin for us, said he went got more pints and a fish supper😂, some man, often wonder how he gets on these days...

10 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

I remember a wee begbie look a like called ronnie from wester hailes, that used to go on the ardmillan bus early to mid 90s, funny as **** guy, i remember him gettin on the bus for 6-2 pumping we took up there, he was wrecked and tried to queue to get in the boys gate, height wise he might have got away with it, but the tache and the rugged face kinda gave ot away, the police clocked him, and i could see them inching up the line towards him, he gets the hand on the shoulder "how old do you think you are" ronnie quick as a flash 14 mate😂 he was marched away, i thought thats him locked up, but sure enough he was standing outside the bus waitin for us, said he went got more pints and a fish supper😂, some man, often wonder how he gets on these days...

Myself and a bunch of school mates went to Parkhead around 1990.

We were all turning 16 that year but were all still 15, so we went to queue up at the boys gate.  

One of my mates got pulled out the queue and told to go to the adult turnstile because he had a bum fluff moustache😂

millerjames398
10 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

We were all turning 16 that year but were all still 15, so we went to queue up at the boys gate.  

One of my mates got pulled out the queue and told to go to the adult turnstile because he had a bum fluff moustache😂

Thats a sore one like😖, but wee ronnie could hvae no complaints, he was 40..at least😂😂😂

A regular at away games for years was a really tall guy in a long Barbour jacket and cowboy/county hat. Sure he was bald but we always spotted him at away games for years.

Another was the Dunfermline branch boys, remember them after by chance getting a lift to Aberdeen away after they spotted us in scone high street. Stopped at cove rangers before the game, Banjaxed before we got to the game. Good lads.

Finlay James
8 hours ago, COACH 13 said:

A regular at away games for years was a really tall guy in a long Barbour jacket and cowboy/county hat. Sure he was bald but we always spotted him at away games for years.

Another was the Dunfermline branch boys, remember them after by chance getting a lift to Aberdeen away after they spotted us in scone high street. Stopped at cove rangers before the game, Banjaxed before we got to the game. Good lads.

I remenber the guy in the cowboy hat and it's bugging me because I've forgotten his name.  He used to go with some lads from meadowbank that I knew; Adam, Titch & Callum.  The bloke in the cowboy hat was some man, he would be banned from games nowadays 😂

Finlay James

Two distinct characters that stand out for me are a bloke called Mark who was, to be polite, overweight and had a distinctive ginger ponytail.  We used to call him the commitments as he looked like the lead singer in the film of the same name.  He always stood right at the top of the corner during the terracing days.

The other, is the tidy wee woman/girl that used to work in the Gorgie fish bar in the 80's and 90's.  I tried like a bear to go out with her and chatted her up every home game.  Fancied her so much I can't remember her name 😂

22 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Motherwell away fairly recently (cup QF I think) had a student queue with absolutely no enforcement at all. Got fed up of waiting in the main queue so jumped in and walked through. Think I saved myself about £9.

John mcCartney

Just received some info on Louis the rasta type dude from Musselburgh.
Apparently still supports Hmfc and resided next door to my sister at Goose Green by the river at Musselburgh.
When I last saw him there(7,8 years ago now) I instantly recognised him from the eighties games,nice enough bloke.
His brother passed away in his house and was subsequently offered a new gaff by the council,he now resides at Newbigging,Musselburgh.
Hopefully hes doing ok.

• 1 month later...

For those who don't yet know, Frank Walker (Shaky) has passed away.

Sure he's mentioned in this thread somewhere. He was the guy always in onesies and fancy dress costumes at Tynie. A proper character.

Just now, Locky said:

For those who don't yet know, Frank Walker (Shaky) has passed away.

Sure he's mentioned in this thread somewhere. He was the guy always in onesies and fancy dress costumes at Tynie. A proper character.

Shaky sat in front of me in the Lower Gorgie.

Almost had a smile on his face, looked liked he enjoyed a few pre match sherries and shouted out the other scores 10 mins after we all knew. 

RIP MATE 

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Wasnt it him that took a header through the gate trackside a couple of years ago?

Nah that was Keith Carlyon from one of the West Lothian supporters clubs.

It should have been ten

RIP Shaky, great guy. Will be a huge loss. Thoughts are with his family. 

Shaky was helluva character, liked a drink and was such a happy go lucky kinda guy..

He will be sadly missed .

RIP 

millerjames398

Sad to hear about shaky passin away, didn't know him personally, but a face you'd see around a lot..last time i saw him was last season at one of the lge cup games...full heart tracksuit and a pair of jesus sandals on proclaiming his love for a wee guy standin next to him at the smokers area, at the back of the main stand, funny as anything...

No longer active

I remember one of the Science teachers (80s) from Tynie High always wore a suit and was always sat on the benches Wheatfield - Doc Fraser ? Must be pretty old now ? 

People of yesteryear, i used to go the whitburn bus years ago, George Clarkson, used to run it he was from Blackburn had many a good awayday especially the early starts for Aberdeen away, allot of goid people on that bus