School teachers - here are the real maths!

i8hibsh

you bunch of greedy,lazy,no good unreasonable idiots!!!

Take your National Union of Teachers and hide in shame!!

How much power are unions going to be given, we need to put an end to it now!!

Teachers in England & Wales on strike as their pay ONLY increased by 2.75% (same as RPI)

The poor kids who are the ones who will truly suffer

Now let's do the maths that put those lazy fools to shame

In 10 years a teachers salary has increased by 10%

They get more than Police officers(who can't strike) and nurses.

The reason you ONLY got 2.75% is because for all intents and purposes your boss (gov't) is not doing so well so that will have a knock on affect on you, just like it would do me if my Company was performing poorly.

You get 52 weekends off a year (without exception) all 7 public/bank holidays and 12 weeks annual

52x 2 = 110

+7

12x7=84

110+7+84 = 201 days off per annum

365- 201 = 164 working days a year

in this working day they are not out in the cold, got bosses constantly down their throat, they are not open to public abuse (granted abuse of 5 year olds) and they can have their cups of tea snacks whilst sitting at a desk whilst the kids read

I know for most of the part they do a good job and work hard ,who doesn't!!!

"one silly wench was on BBC 24 last night complaining as she can barely afford a mortgage!!"

It's beggars belief!!!

Hardly anyone has a mortgage!!! big deal it's the way of our world - should we all strike!!!!

Unions - listen to me and listen good.........95% of the world is overworked and underpaid , some of which the NUT could not even fathom!!!

I ask you this Westminster - don't even hear them out. don't pay them and be strong!

:evilno:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have lead pipes in your house? :P

Given the importance of educating the next generation wouldn't you agree that teachers have perhaps one of the most important jobs in our society and as such should have a salary that reflects this?

They do have a good salary

Starts at ?20K rising to well over ?30K

If they want paid more go out and get a real job

As my Dad says

Those that can, do

Those that can't teach!

Walter Payton
you bunch of greedy,lazy,no good unreasonable idiots!!!

Take your National Union of Teachers and hide in shame!!

How much power are unions going to be given, we need to put an end to it now!!

Teachers in England & Wales on strike as their pay ONLY increased by 2.75% (same as RPI)

The poor kids who are the ones who will truly suffer

Now let's do the maths that put those lazy fools to shame

In 10 years a teachers salary has increased by 10%

They get more than Police officers(who can't strike) and nurses.

The reason you ONLY got 2.75% is because for all intents and purposes your boss (gov't) is not doing so well so that will have a knock on affect on you, just like it would do me if my Company was performing poorly.

You get 52 weekends off a year (without exception) all 7 public/bank holidays and 12 weeks annual

52x 2 = 110

+7

12x7=84

in this working day they are not out in the cold, got bosses constantly down their throat, they are not open to public abuse (granted abuse of 5 year olds) and they can have their cups of tea snacks whilst sitting at a desk whilst the kids read

I know for most of the part they do a good job and work hard ,who doesn't!!!

"one silly wench was on BBC 24 last night complaining as she can barely afford a mortgage!!"

It's beggars belief!!!

Hardly anyone has a mortgage!!! big deal it's the way of our world - should we all strike!!!!

Unions - listen to me and listen good.........95% of the world is overworked and underpaid , some of which the NUT could not even fathom!!!

I ask you this Westminster - don't even hear them out. don't pay them and be strong!

:evilno:

Wait till Nelly Terraces gets hold of you! ;)

(and you forgot half terms, public holidays and training days...)

I P Knightley

Given the importance of educating the next generation wouldn't you agree that teachers have perhaps one of the most important jobs in our society and as such should have a salary that reflects this?

I have 3 kids at school, all of whom are enjoying a day off today. Having taken them out of school on various days for other activities (which are generally more educationally rich than the school environment), I'm not grumbling about today's strike.

I fall more on Boris' side of the argument than I8 or Markie's. The value of a good teacher is immense and over the years the system has changed with a focus switching towards SATs, general exam results, health & safety, diversity, selling school playing fields, concerns over litigation & generally poncing about instead of getting on with addressing the children's needs.

We have classes of 30 where it's just impossible to cater for the needs of any individual and so the teachers teach towards what they perceive to be the 'average' which, more often than not, will be the loud-mouth thickies. In my experience, the kids won't lose out for the odd day off because either (a) they're getting nothing out of school anyway or (B) the parents' input is far more effective than a day at school anyway. (I guess they're both the same but from different angles).

The good teachers put in a lot more effort than your basic (dare I say, 'simplistic'?) number-crunching would suggest. However, the system works against them and the good ones make up a dwindling proportion of the population due to the constant undermining by successive Governments.

Bad teachers aren't weeded out because the public sector is so misguided when it comes to driving for efficiency. And the environment left in schools when there is a substantial proportion of the staff who are just coasting is poisonous, leaving the good teachers banging their heads against a wall.

You can't say that teachers are exempt from receiving grief. Parents care about their kids and get on the back of the teachers immensely. This will happen to a lesser extent in the schemie schools and in areas where there's a high population of immigrants, happy to get anything and not aware that they're getting next to effall.

Whilst I would support an argument that an employee's reward should depend on the input (s)he has to the employer's success, you can't say that teachers don't deserve a reward because the Government is doing badly. Teachers have been shafted and undervalued for decades - the most hollow phrase uttered in recent British political history has to be "Education, education, education" by that odious man Blair.

3 things need to happen:

There has to be a drastic change in the way teachers are hired and, more importantly, fired. The system can't afford to support the cushy wasters.

In return, there should be a dramatic increase in the pay that teachers earn. Something really eye-opening. Give incentive to the people who drift off into less valuable but more lucrative jobs. But, really, reward the value that these people add. The money's there, it's just that it's being frittered away on countless pointless namby-pamby causes which Richard Littlejohn will tell you all about.

Significant investment in the fabric of the schools - more of them, playing fields & facilities - giving better teacher/pupil ratios in turn allowing the teacher to focus on the needs of the individual pupil rather than the 'lowest common denominator' approach which turns out unremarkable kids at the end of the system.

Darth Sidious

I work in the civil service, am nowhere near ?20K. My pay deal is 2% non negotiable. The rate of inflation is 4% or over. So in effect civil servants are getting a 2% pay cut! No share issues, no annual bonuses. Oh Oh but you can retire 5 years earlier, in reality how long you think that will last!

Nelly Terraces
They do have a good salary

Starts at ?20K rising to well over ?30K

If they want paid more go out and get a real job

As my Dad says

Those that can, do

Those that can't teach!

Well, your Dad's as ignorant as he is stupid son. Maybe he should have spent more time concentrating at school then he wouldn't come out with such total crap.

Mrs NT is a school teacher and she works her socks off. Every weekend is spent marking, and doing other stuff for the school. She regularly works 10 or 11 hours a day. Yeah, they get plenty hols, but like I say, she puts in more hours than most of us on here do, that's for sure.

I love all these tw&ts on here gobbing nonsense, like would YOU ever become a teacher, probably not, got neither the brains, nor the bottle for the job. Just a bunch of mugs mouthing off.

And since when was over 30k that well paid? They're professionals. That's what most people in a profession get paid. Do you think lawyers, doctors, accountants get paid less? They're also workers who are being screwed by the government who use the totally incorrect and misleading Consumer Price Index to try and keep pay down below actually what inflation is (what happened to Noo Labours 'Education, Education, Education' pledge? another trite soundbite to go with all the others), when everybody knows the real rate of inflation is measurable by the Retail Prices Index. Guess which is higher than the other?

If anyone thinks schoolteachers would go on strike lightly, then they're probably as stupid as they're sounding on here. Most teachers I know wouldn't go on strike if there wasn't genuine cause. The fact that's this is their 1st strike of note in 21years shows that. Oh, and they're not on strike up in Scotland anyway, so stop greeting ya puffs.

NT.

Well, your Dad's as ignorant as he is stupid son. Maybe he should have spent more time concentrating at school then he wouldn't come out with such total crap.

Mrs NT is a school teacher and she works her socks off. Every weekend is spent marking, and doing other stuff for the school. She regularly works 10 or 11 hours a day. Yeah, they get plenty hols, but like I say, she puts in more hours than most of us on here do, that's for sure.

I love all these tw&ts on here gobbing nonsense, like would YOU ever become a teacher, probably not, got neither the brains, nor the bottle for the job. Just a bunch of mugs mouthing off.

And since when was over 30k that well paid? They're professionals. That's what most people in a profession get paid. Do you think lawyers, doctors, accountants get paid less? They're also workers who are being screwed by the government who use the totally incorrect and misleading Consumer Price Index to try and keep pay down below actually what inflation is (what happened to Noo Labours 'Education, Education, Education' pledge? another trite soundbite to go with all the others), when everybody knows the real rate of inflation is measurable by the Retail Prices Index. Guess which is higher than the other?

If anyone thinks schoolteachers would go on strike lightly, then they're probably as stupid as they're sounding on here. Most teachers I know wouldn't go on strike if there wasn't genuine cause. The fact that's this is their 1st strike of note in 21years shows that. Oh, and they're not on strike up in Scotland anyway, so stop greeting ya puffs.

NT.

If you knew my Dad you would know you ar talking ****e mate.

One of the most intelligent people you will ever meet

As for your comment on qorking 10-11 hours a day, do you think that teachers are the only people working long hours??

My other half works around 50 a week and is paid very poorly.

I would not want to be a teacher as it has never appealed to me, not because I do not hav the intelligence or the 'bottle'

Say What Again

I think teachers deserve to be well paid. The missus' Mum is a teacher and I can echo what NT says about the amount of work they put in.

However, I did see the bint you mention on the TV last night and the same thing crossed my mind.

"We have mortgages to pay and food to buy"

What? Silly me eh? I forgot only teachers have mortgages and only teachers have to eat :confused:

Horatio Caine

Yes, teachers have an important job.

But so have bin men

so have nurses

so have transport workers

and so-on

Guest GhostHunter

I think teachers deserve a far better pay deal than the 2.75% or whatever.

In the space of 7 months, since going into P1, I've seen my daughter learn to spell, count and read, I've seen her develop a cracking personality and turned into joy to be around.

Teachers deserve a better deal given you are entrusting your kids to them day in day out.

Si - sorry mate - but it's easy to see you don't have kids.

doctor jambo

My hat is doffed to the teachers

The public sector workers are getting screwed to keep inflation down and I wish GPs had a union with the nerve to do the same

3 years of 0% pay rises in a row for us now

Why should it only be public sector that have our wages capped?

Because we are undervalued, over exploited, easy to tax generally good citizens

We are too easy to control

If this was France the schools would be burning

Solidarity brothers

I would agree to a pay freeze if the government, councillors etc had their pay and budgets frozen,

Or in the case of GP's, their pensions illegally capped, as shown by the recent high court victory vs the Government

Dirty bassas

AND my super ann contributions just sky rocketed, up to 7.5% now, with no extra benefits

Bassas

i8hibsh by the title of your post your English teacher must have been on strike a lot! :)

good one

Went to edit it and it wont let me

NT.

what makes you think she works harder than me?

for a start I do about a million more hours than her ayear

I used to go out with a teacher and she never marked

I actually despise them (not personally)

Always grumbling

Most jobs are a lot harder than teachers and a lot worse paid

their holidays make me sick

pro rata their pay!

NT.

they are just lazy and fancy a day off

funny how it is always summer and spring time unions decide to take their strikes!

coppercrutch

The fact is most people in this country are getting screwed over. Some of us have seen this for years. Only now are the majority waking up to the facts. Years of people 'thinking' they have made huge profits on their houses is central to this.

When people could sit down and say "Well my house if worth 20k more than it was last year" they did not really bother that they were getting stung for taxes. They also didn't seem to mind that their REAL cost of living was rising far higher than the Governemnt was telling them.

Now people are actually starting to look at the facts. They are now realising they work a lot for not very much (For the majority of the population).

People are getting angry. People are striking. Inflation is going through the roof. House prices are falling(good:)). The economy is in a mess. Oil is rocketing.The Government is in a mess. banks close to collapsing.

This is simply the 1970's all over again. Only this time it is a lot lot worse.

In the larger scale of things teachers do ok for the skills they require to do their job. Personally I respect what they do and would not want to do it myself.

But they are kidding themselves if they think they 'deserve' more. They deserve no more than the rest of the population. And at this present moment the population is about to get royally shafted.

Teachers - Welcome to the real World. Enjoy. ;)

Ron Burgundy
The fact is most people in this country are getting screwed over. Some of us have seen this for years. Only now are the majority waking up to the facts. Years of people 'thinking' they have made huge profits on their houses is central to this.

When people could sit down and say "Well my house if worth 20k more than it was last year" they did not really bother that they were getting stung for taxes. They also didn't seem to mind that their REAL cost of living was rising far higher than the Governemnt was telling them.

Now people are actually starting to look at the facts. They are now realising they work a lot for not very much (For the majority of the population).

People are getting angry. People are striking. Inflation is going through the roof. House prices are falling(good:)). The economy is in a mess. Oil is rocketing.The Government is in a mess. banks close to collapsing.

In the larger scale of things teachers do ok for the skills they require to do their job. Personally I respect what they do and would not want to do it myself.

But they are kidding themselves if they think they 'deserve' more. They deserve no more than the rest of the population. And at this present moment the population is about to get royally shafted.

That's a very good post.

Pete Seeger

NT.

10 or 11 hour shifts? Whoopy doo. Who doesn't. Everyones wages are struggling with inflation. They've got a cheek thinking they deserve more money. They're well overpaid for the days they work a year as it is. I love all these tw&ts on here gobbing nonsense about how teachers are hard worked. Utter cack

So as history is repeating itself surely we can surmise that it is in fact the capitalist system that engenders these crises.

My argument is not so much teachers dont deserve it - I think in the whole grand scheme of things most public sector workers are underpaid, my grievance is striking

Unions should be stopped NOW. The are greedy and unreasonable.

What would we do if we all went on strike?

I am sure the teachers are first to complain when they can't get a bus or a flight is cancelled due to industrial action!!

teachers do the best out the lot of them and their holidays are an utter joke.

The work 40% of the year and I can assure you none of them continually do 11 hour days like previously state don here.

I lived with one of my exes for 3 months andd she was always sitting watching weakest link by 5.10pm!!!

Do teachers do a good job? yes probably - most of them

Do they work hard? - yes probably most of them

Do they deserve more? - yes probably most of them

Now cut out the above 3 lines and add to 90 % of jobs in the world

Believe me teachers don't even know they are born!!!

12 weeks holiday a year!! joke

OK give them more money but take a month of their holidays away - then see them cry

Kids get too may school holidays anyway

1 months more teaching a year would do us all good

Kids today all over the UK are playing Nintendo and not learnign and teachers are sititng ont heir lazy erses watching cash in the attic!

every cog in society is importnat Boris

if we were to put it in an order then teachers would certainly be no where near top!

Teaching takes 1 years training that is it!

I think teachers deserve a far better pay deal than the 2.75% or whatever.

In the space of 7 months, since going into P1, I've seen my daughter learn to spell, count and read, I've seen her develop a cracking personality and turned into joy to be around.

Teachers deserve a better deal given you are entrusting your kids to them day in day out.

Si - sorry mate - but it's easy to see you don't have kids.

I do respect them Dexter - I just don't see thme as being a special case

as CC say's I would not want to do this job.

Pay them more, pay the Police more the firebrigade, Ambulance staff, Nurses, Doctors - - the lot

where is the money coming from ?

We have be Economical surely

every cog in society is importnat Boris

if we were to put it in an order then teachers would certainly be no where near top!

Teaching takes 1 years training that is it!

Depending on the type of teacher, most have to have a first degree as well do they not? That would make a minimum of 4 years.

I P Knightley
I do respect them Dexter - I just don't see thme as being a special case

as CC say's I would not want to do this job.

Pay them more, pay the Police more the firebrigade, Ambulance staff, Nurses, Doctors - - the lot

where is the money coming from ?

We have be Economical surely

"Efficient" would be better. Then we'd be able to reward the valuable jobs correctly.

I P Knightley

The trouble is that there are not all that many people who would want to do what they do. That's the strongest indication that the job is underpaid.

Successive governments have screwed over the teachers & nurses because they are vocational professions. There's the thought that folk will teach for the feelgood factor rather than the financial reward so while the public sector has grown and grown with superfluous crappy jobs, real reward for real jobs has diminished.

The complaints about teachers not marking etc. are echoed in my previous post. The bad teachers are not weeded out. The good teachers (Mrs Terraces included) put in the effort and bust a gut for no thanks; no singling out for praise.

Ukol, in my day, the teachers were prepared to put in extra effort (voluntarily) for extra-curriculum activities such as debating clubs. You've clearly come from a younger generation when the teachers couldn't be so bothered.

The People's Chimp
Yes, teachers have an important job.

But so have bin men

so have nurses

so have transport workers

and so-on

Anyone could be a bin man. Not anyone could be a teacher.

Nurses deserve a far better deal than they get currently.

Ukol, in my day, the teachers were prepared to put in extra effort (voluntarily) for extra-curriculum activities such as debating clubs. You've clearly come from a younger generation when the teachers couldn't be so bothered.

Or had had enough of being pooed on and did took the only option available to them.

Secondary School football was decimated during my school years due to the Teachers strike, only coming back c1988/89 when I was in my 6th year. No grudges against the Teachers though, not really their fault.

Sheriff Fatman
good one

Went to edit it and it wont let me

You might want to go back and edit all your posts, as they all contain spelling or grammatical errors.

coppercrutch
:eek:

I really don't know where to begin mate...

How about here for starters....

http://www.amicustheunion.org/Default.aspx?page=3136

Whatever these people at Grangemouth want, what they are doing now is taking the ****. No ifs or buts about it. They get paid very well and want to keep the final salary pension scheme for NEW employees. They also dont want to have to put a contribution into their existing pension scheme.

They are living on a different planet. They are holding the country to ransom and should be very careful about what they are doing. People will get very angry very soon and I am certain some of these people will come under physcal attack for their actions.

NT.

Hear, hear.

Well said NT. Teachers work a lot harder than the days given by the OP would suggest. It's a highly stressful job and they have health and safety on their back at every occasion making the job unbearable at times. Teachers love the job they do but hate the way that it is being changed, they can no longer do what is best for the kids because somebody else has said they can't. If they didn't feel it 100% neccessary then they wouldn't strike.

Without teachers we would be nowhere in society, if you want to have a moan at people striking, mouth off at the posties.

coppercrutch
Hear, hear.

Well said NT. Teachers work a lot harder than the days given by the OP would suggest. It's a highly stressful job and they have health and safety on their back at every occasion making the job unbearable at times. Teachers love the job they do but hate the way that it is being changed, they can no longer do what is best for the kids because somebody else has said they can't. If they didn't feel it 100% neccessary then they wouldn't strike.

Without teachers we would be nowhere in society, if you want to have a moan at people striking, mouth off at the posties.

Well usually when someone doesn't like their job they leave. The reason a lot of teachers are choosing not to do this is because they realise the great benefits they have. I don't think they would be wanting to give them up.

Striking at this time of year is a joke. They are simply trying to cause disruption. They are also hurting most those that they "allegedelly" are trying to 'teach'. Teh kids.

They should be ashamed of themselves. Greed, pure and simple. :sad:

The lazy teachers are the older ones who have been in the job far too long without change. Most of them though work their socks off, and yes, they do deserve better pay than other jobs, its harder work to become a teacher. Just like you wouldn't expect a GP to be paid the same as your ten a penny civil service worker. Most of the people moaning on here are right that they may well work just as hard and get paid less, but that because they are doing a job that anyone could do, its supply and demand. I work in a pub, work hard, get paid a pittance, Im not going to moan though, the work could be done by paid monkeys, you could pull anyone in off the street and they could replace me.

Well usually when someone doesn't like their job they leave. The reason a lot of teachers are choosing not to do this is because they realise the great benefits they have. I don't think they would be wanting to give them up.

Striking at this time of year is a joke. They are simply trying to cause disruption. They are also hurting most those that they "allegedelly" are trying to 'teach'. Teh kids.

They should be ashamed of themselves. Greed, pure and simple. :sad:

That's the thing though, they don't not like there jobs, it doesn't mean they don't deserve good pay though.

In regards to timing, this is probably the best time to strike, the curriculum for the year is taught and from now on in it should be down to kids to be revising for exams. In the primary age group, the timing doesn't make any difference, it is no worse now than it would have been 3 months ago.

What is your profession?

coppercrutch
The lazy teachers are the older ones who have been in the job far too long without change. Most of them though work their socks off, and yes, they do deserve better pay than other jobs, its harder work to become a teacher. Just like you wouldn't expect a GP to be paid the same as your ten a penny civil service worker. Most of the people moaning on here are right that they may well work just as hard and get paid less, but that because they are doing a job that anyone could do, its supply and demand. I work in a pub, work hard, get paid a pittance, Im not going to moan though, the work could be done by paid monkeys, you could pull anyone in off the street and they could replace me.

To be honest I imagine most jobs could be doem by monkeys !! I reckon a smart chimp could replace me within weeks. :eek:

As I ahve said nothing against teachers and they do a hard job. However they are just taking advantage of the situation they are on - to force their demands on the public. The positions they are in shoudl mean they have the sense to do this at a more appropriate time. They have chosen to cause as much stress as possible. Same as the Grangemouth workers.

Both these sets of workers do important jobs. But they both get paid very well. Maybe they should get paid better, maybe not. The fact remains they are not exactly in the breadline. With that in mind I think their actions are bordering on criminal.

coppercrutch
That's the thing though, they don't not like there jobs, it doesn't mean they don't deserve good pay though.

In regards to timing, this is probably the best time to strike, the curriculum for the year is taught and from now on in it should be down to kids to be revising for exams. In the primary age group, the timing doesn't make any difference, it is no worse now than it would have been 3 months ago.

What is your profession?

See above. Monkey boy !!

I do get paid well and I appreciate that.

If I felt I still deserved a little more due to inflation etc ?? t

The last thing on my mind would be holding the country to ransom to get what I desired.....

Ray Winstone

Could you not say the same about nurses or policemen?

coppercrutch
What's the point in having a strike when it won't have maximum impact?

Because if you plan to cause maximum disruption the very people you hope will support you (The public) will very quickly turn against you.

If the public are against these teacher demands then there is zero chance of them winning.

How about here for starters....

http://www.amicustheunion.org/Default.aspx?page=3136

Whatever these people at Grangemouth want, what they are doing now is taking the ****. No ifs or buts about it. They get paid very well and want to keep the final salary pension scheme for NEW employees. They also dont want to have to put a contribution into their existing pension scheme.

They are living on a different planet. They are holding the country to ransom and should be very careful about what they are doing. People will get very angry very soon and I am certain some of these people will come under physcal attack for their actions.

Unlike the huge profit making oil companies? What's wrong with wanting the same benefits for all members of staff? Also, are the Directors etc being asked to make a contribution to their pension fund? Will future directors be denied an FS pension?

People may get angry soon, but why should a workers right be denied through fear of personal violence? That's just fascism in my book.

Could you not say the same about nurses or policemen?

Yes. Completely.

The trouble with this country is that everyone wants high quality public services but unfortunately most are unwilling to pay for them directly i.e. via income tax.

I heard some New Labour acolyte on Newsnight last night saying how the new 20p tax rate is the lowest income tax has been in the UK for 75 years. This is from a Labour adminstration!! Completely bizarre.

Ray Winstone
Yes. Completely.

The trouble with this country is that everyone wants high quality public services but unfortunately most are unwilling to pay for them directly i.e. via income tax.

I heard some New Labour acolyte on Newsnight last night saying how the new 20p tax rate is the lowest income tax has been in the UK for 75 years. This is from a Labour adminstration!! Completely bizarre.

I am a student so dont have to pay tax!

Hurrah for me - put taxes up for the next 2 or 3 years I say - then back down when I have to get a job!

coppercrutch
Unlike the huge profit making oil companies? What's wrong with wanting the same benefits for all members of staff? Also, are the Directors etc being asked to make a contribution to their pension fund? Will future directors be denied an FS pension?

People may get angry soon, but why should a workers right be denied through fear of personal violence? That's just fascism in my book.

I dont think this World is fair. I know the directors get paid too much. I know the oil companies are making fortunes. I am not disagreeing with that in any way. But what these guys are doing is affecting EVERYONE in the country.

That is a big deal and they should have more of a think before taking this sort of action. If they were being totally shat on then I could perhaps understand it. However both these teachers and the Oil staff get paid very well. Whether that is good enough or not is another question. I do think the negative fallout from their actions far exceeds any sort of 'benefit' they want to gain. They are probably hoping their bosses will cave in to avoid this sort of disruption. I don't agree with that.

I see what you are saying above about fear of personal violence. That is all fine in a perfect World. However if you knew that protesting about a few percent pay rise for your job may have a negative effect on everyone else in this country ? Would you not be a little worried about the potential backlash? I know I would.

Capitalism doesn't work. Communism doesnt work. That is about the jist of it !!

Someone will always be in charge, and they will always take advantage. Sad but true.

52x 2 = 110

+7

12x7=84

I love your title and then the fact you manage to double-count the weekends off that they have or do teachers live in a world where there are 64 weekends in the year?

For what it's worth thogh they know the pay is **** when they go into the profession (as with most Govt jobs) so it's no use complaining about it when you have chosen your own path.

I dont think this World is fair. I know the directors get paid too much. I know the oil companies are making fortunes. I am not disagreeing with that in any way. But what these guys are doing is affecting EVERYONE in the country.

That is a big deal and they should have more of a think before taking this sort of action. If they were being totally shat on then I could perhaps understand it. However both these teachers and the Oil staff get paid very well. Whether that is good enough or not is another question. I do think the negative fallout from their actions far exceeds any sort of 'benefit' they want to gain. They are probably hoping their bosses will cave in to avoid this sort of disruption. I don't agree with that.

I see what you are saying above about fear of personal violence. That is all fine in a perfect World. However if you knew that protesting about a few percent pay rise for your job may have a negative effect on everyone else in this country ? Would you not be a little worried about the potential backlash? I know I would.

Capitalism doesn't work. Communism doesnt work. That is about the jist of it !!

Someone will always be in charge, and they will always take advantage. Sad but true.

Or perhaps the Bosses are deliberately closing in an attempt to sway public opinion in their favour? Make the Union out to be the bad guy?

S'funny but it never seems to be the fault of the oil companies....

Archived