What was your first ever record you had from childhood

Marvin

still have this single :D

I can "top" that....

When I was about 4 years old I was given The Birdie Dance 7" by an aunt.

:vrface:

The first stuff I got myself was Adam and the Ants as described above.

I also got Kings of the Wild Frontier as the first record I got myself.

Looking back Kings of the Wild Frontier has stood the test of time, whereas Price Charming sounds dated, and Adam Ant focuses more on the first two records live now.

Spot on.

And it was my first LP to.

maroonlegions

I was not that bothered by music when i was a child until i heard this and then scrapped enough pennies together and bought it,this record and the generation it ignited was to influence my future taste in my preferences of what listened to, Punk was born and i came alive.biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtUH2YSFlVU

sex-pistols-050523.jpg

Doctor FinnBarr

I might have bought a single or 2 before getting an album, but I can't remember any titles.

First CD I bought was Zeitgeist by The Levellers. Great album :thumbsup:

I've got it on tape

thumbsup.gif

My dad used to empty fruit machines and juke boxes in pubs, (His job). He gave me Black Knight/Speed King by Deep Purple. My first single.

First one I ever bought was Lonely Boy by Andrew Gold. (I was a lonely boy you see). How cool am I?

First album I bought was Yes - Going for the One. Still love it.

Johanes de Silentio

First album I bought was Yes - Going for the One. Still love it.

Great album - especially the epic final track, 'Awaken'. :thumbsup:

First album I bought was Led Zep I.

netherleejambo

Think the first single I bought was Pop Go the Workers by the Baron Knights followed by the Searchers Needles and Pins (still got it). First album was the CBS compilation Fill Your Head With Rock - introduced me to a lot of great bands (and, yes, I've still got it)

All the Young Dudes still pisses over it mind.

Bowies best ever song and he handed it out.

thumbsup.gif

Heard Bowie singing it a few times live , he sang backing vocals in the Mott single , he would have been as well releasing it himself.

J Cheever Loophole

Great album - especially the epic final track, 'Awaken'. :thumbsup:

First album I bought was Led Zep I.

Led Zep for me anaw.My dad bought me a Kinks album but every time I put it on he would shout ben "turn that shite doon"laugh.gif

First single was ELO's Roll over Beethoven.

first CD I bought was Paul McCartmey's greatest "hits", An absolute abomination that hasn;t been played in over 20 years.:down:

However my first vinyl single brought back great memories of 19 May

Weirdly enough, I pointed my 20 year old step-son at this very video last week. He wasn't impressed.

My 1st single bought was the delicious Kate Bush, The Man With The Child In His Eyes.

My 1st album was The Stranglers, Rattus Norvegicus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAzESJ62irI

My parents bought me my first album which was Musical Youth - The Youth of Today! No idea why but I was 7 and liked it a lot. I don't think they would have bought it for me if they knew what a dutchie was!!

My parents bought them but my first single was It Must Be Love by Madness and first album was Complete Madness.

I feckin loved Madness when I was five years old!!

My parents bought me my first album which was Musical Youth - The Youth of Today! No idea why but I was 7 and liked it a lot. I don't think they would have bought it for me if they knew what a dutchie was!!

It's a doughnut blink.gif

Pass the Duchie was a cover of Pass the Kouchie which was very much about "recreational drugs". All references were changed to food items for the cover though thumbsup.gif

I know it was about a "Jamaican cooking pot" but I think we all knew what was implied especially as the original was about a kouchie! Still don't think my parents would have bought it if they knew what it was based on!

ETA just watched the video on YouTube and it hasn't aged as badly as some songs from that era.

Tape would have been Wacko Jacko - Bad album from woolies in dalkeith after getting a ghetto blaster for my birthday, would have been about 12 I think!

First CD I think was either Place your hands from Reef or Troublegum by Therapy? after they played the Liquid Rooms!

First album was Slayed by Slade in 72, first single was Heart of Stone by (Tony) Kenny in 1973 from Bandparts.

I P Knightley

Long haired lover from Liverpool - Jimmy Osmond

I didn't ever have that single but one of my early singles was definitely an Osmonds one, probably Crazy Horses. Bought from Sweet Inspiration in Morrison St.

If memory serves me well, my first ever independent single purchase was Honky Tonk Women but might have been The Byrds' Mr Tambourine Man.

First album without doubt was Out of the Blue (ELO) on blue vinyl - also out of Sweet Inspiration

First single? I have no idea.

First album was Architecture & Morality by OMD (bought from Boots at the corner of Union Street & Argyle Street in Glasgow). Still love 'Souvenir'.

First single I bought myself was Oasis - Go Let It Out

First album I bought myself was Sash - Greatest Hits

First single I owned was....Mr Blobby, thrown in with my Christmas one year :lol:

New World Record by ELO 1975/6 ? Cracking album. :thumbsup:

Tastes changed very much a couple of years later with punk/new wave arriving but still got a soft spot for ELO. :teehee:

Sergio Garcia

I remember either one Christmas or Birthday waking up to a present on the bottom of my bed of Michael Jackson's Bad on record.

The first one I remember buying was Oasis Definitely Maybe on cassette.

All Gone Wrong

The first single was Cars by Gary Numan,first album Replicas by Tubeway Army,both sound as good today as they did back in 79 :whistling: Or that could be the dodgy hearing,after years of musical abuse :woot:

Archived