Well done Hearts

Budgie.

rossthejambo

Its not a bad result but I'm not going to congratulate them for drawing with Aberdeen, a team that was comfortably in the bottom 6 and a team that's not beat us in years.

I expect better than that tbh.

From Perth to Paisley

I dont actually think the squad is miles awsy from being a good one. Striker apart we have cover in the other areas. Got sent a txt from Aberdeem saying "too many Laddies" I broke down rhe team that Finished and Mcd Webby Grainger Barr Taouil and Sutton are over 25 and Driver and Mcgowan well experienced. Leaving only Holt who is a youth international and the stick out in the 19s plus Dennis and Carrick. Not full o laddies at all. When you consider Zal injured and Temps suspended plus the blooding of Patterson and Mchattie we aint bad off.

I will reconsider aftet the window ends should no striker arrive and we are forced to lose a couple :-(

I think the starting 11 is fine, but when you look at the bench it's pretty much all kids with little experience. So if things aren't going well, there is nobody you can rely on to come on and change the game.

That's not to say the younger players won't come on and perform though. Like today Jason Holt got half an hour but didn't seem to be able to grab the game by the scruff of the neck. There is no way JM put him on and wanted us to keep booting the ball up the pitch. A more experienced player may have been able to demand the ball and get everything moving through himself.

What the guys need is games, we'll see where we are come xmas.

I think the starting 11 is fine, but when you look at the bench it's pretty much all kids with little experience. So if things aren't going well, there is nobody you can rely on to come on and change the game.

That's not to say the younger players won't come on and perform though. Like today Jason Holt got half an hour but didn't seem to be able to grab the game by the scruff of the neck. There is no way JM put him on and wanted us to keep booting the ball up the pitch. A more experienced player may have been able to demand the ball and get everything moving through himself.

What the guys need is games, we'll see where we are come xmas.

1 glaring problem with the starting XI though, and that is no decent striker. Until this is resolved we are gonna struggle. We really are going to need big big seasons from Temps, Novi and Driver.

Fermit the Krog

Its not a bad result but I'm not going to congratulate them for drawing with Aberdeen, a team that was comfortably in the bottom 6 and a team that's not beat us in years.

I expect better than that tbh.

Last visit to Pittodrie under Jim Jefferies, 0-0. We were shite.

Last visit to pittodrie under Paulo Sergio, 0-0. We were shite.

Last visit to pittodrie under McGlynn, 0-0. We were shite.

i think the ICT result is still having an effect on the feelgood factor. if we had won that one then the league would look a lot better than it does. next week will be the same as this week... if we win then everything will look quite decent but if we draw then we'll all still be bemoaning too many dropped points.

as a stand-alone result, today's is a good one. aberdeen have made a good start to the season. drawing away to them is in fact a good result.

given that hibs have won twice since we played them, it could even be argued that drawing away to them is a decent result.

it's the ICT result that is still spoiling our start.

shaun.lawson

i think the ICT result is still having an effect on the feelgood factor. if we had won that one then the league would look a lot better than it does. next week will be the same as this week... if we win then everything will look quite decent but if we draw then we'll all still be bemoaning too many dropped points.

as a stand-alone result, today's is a good one. aberdeen have made a good start to the season. drawing away to them is in fact a good result.

given that hibs have won twice since we played them, it could even be argued that drawing away to them is a decent result.

it's the ICT result that is still spoiling our start.

I think a point at Pittodrie three days after playing our Hearts out in Europe is pretty decent too. And I've no doubt we'll beat Dundee either. They are doomed.

Is a point at ER ok? Well, only if you accept that they were the better side, meaning we could've lost. My concern is what it's done for them, though: they've kicked on from it, and seem set to return to some sort of respectability. That's disappointing given the monumental gap between us over the last couple of seasons.

From Perth to Paisley

I think a point at Pittodrie three days after playing our Hearts out in Europe is pretty decent too. And I've no doubt we'll beat Dundee either. They are doomed.

Is a point at ER ok? Well, only if you accept that they were the better side, meaning we could've lost. My concern is what it's done for them, though: they've kicked on from it, and seem set to return to some sort of respectability. That's disappointing given the monumental gap between us over the last couple of seasons.

They were always going to improve on last season.

I always go to Easter Road expecting to win, but a draw is never a terrible result.

In my view we are 2 points short of what we should be on which is fairly easy to pick back up on.

i don't think there's any need to concern ourselves with them. they wont do anything special this season, albeit they will be significantly better then last season. i really can't see them keeping up with hearts over the piece.

we could do with a couple of signings though. the right signing could make a 10-15 point difference for our points total. possibly the difference between 3rd/4th and 6th.

shaun.lawson

i don't think there's any need to concern ourselves with them. they wont do anything special this season, albeit they will be significantly better then last season. i really can't see them keeping us with hearts over the piece.

we could do with a couple of signings though. the right signing could make a 10-15 point difference for our points total. possibly the difference between 3rd/4th and 6th.

Yes - albeit I don't think we'll sign anyone. 3rd to 5th looks tighter than a gnat's behind this season. But given the transition going on, any resting place in the top five will hardly be scandalous: every other non-OF club suffers far greater extremes and do far worse in a 'bad year' than we generally do.

rossthejambo

Last visit to Pittodrie under Jim Jefferies, 0-0. We were shite.

Last visit to pittodrie under Paulo Sergio, 0-0. We were shite.

Last visit to pittodrie under McGlynn, 0-0. We were shite.

Am I still supposed to be happy with this and saying "Well done" because we were shite again?

Its patently obvious that strikers the prob, surely there is someone in the lower leagues that would bite his left baw off for a move to Hearts and say 1,000-1,500 a week compared to part time football??

There has to be better than Sutton even at that money? Or at least able to play alongside him?

Prob is all the phones are constantly engaged in Lithuania and no answers are forthcoming. BTW see one of our much coveted targets on here Senor Sandaza had a stinker and was hooked v the mighty wee gers

Fermit the Krog

Am I still supposed to be happy with this and saying "Well done" because we were shite again?

No but an acknowledgement that it's proven to be a difficult place to get a victory in the past, whilst having far superior teams to theirs would suffice.

I don't think John Mcglynn has a far superior team to Craig Browns and I don't think JJ or PS were heading to Pittodrie on the back of playing one of the biggest names in European football.

To look at where we are currently as a club and say you 'expect better' is bollocks quite frankly.

rossthejambo

No but an acknowledgement that it's proven to be a difficult place to get a victory in the past, whilst having far superior teams to theirs would suffice.

I don't think John Mcglynn has a far superior team to Craig Browns and I don't think JJ or PS were heading to Pittodrie on the back of playing one of the biggest names in European football.

To look at where we are currently as a club and say you 'expect better' is bollocks quite frankly.

I didn't say anything against McGlynn, if you read my post again, I said it was a decent enough result considering we played on Thursday. What I also said was that it wasn't worthy of a "Well Done", a victory would be worthy of a "Well Done".

Absolutely correct.

Can't bring myself to congratulate us on getting a draw with Aberdeen.

were there moogsy?

Fermit the Krog

I didn't say anything against McGlynn, if you read my post again, I said it was a decent enough result considering we played on Thursday. What I also said was that it wasn't worthy of a "Well Done", a victory would be worthy of a "Well Done".

But you did say you expected better, yes?

Absolutely correct.

Can't bring myself to congratulate us on getting a draw with Aberdeen.

were there moogsy?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Some hard of thinking on here. Team is going to be seriously stretched this season, these kids arent ready, not en masse anyhow. Plenty of hard days ahead like today. Ref didnt really help us 2nd half anyhow, crowd clearly got to him at half time

rossthejambo

But you did say you expected better, yes?

And what's wrong with that exactly?

Some hard of thinking on here. Team is going to be seriously stretched this season, these kids arent ready, not en masse anyhow. Plenty of hard days ahead like today. Ref didnt really help us 2nd half anyhow, crowd clearly got to him at half time

exactly lad were skint young team blah blah but folk expect champagne soccer it aint gonna happen

decent back to wall performance

Fermit the Krog

And what's wrong with that exactly?

Nothing at all if it was said based on knowledge of where we are as a club and if it was based on previous results at the same ground under managers who had far greater resources at their disposal.

I don't think it was though

:thumbsup:

rossthejambo

Nothing at all if it was said based on knowledge of where we are as a club and if it was based on previous results at the same ground under managers who had far greater resources at their disposal.

I don't think it was though

It was based on the fact that I expect Hearts teams to go to Aberdeen and put in a good performance and get a victory, we did neither.

This is detracting from my main point though, I said that it was a decent enough result but not worthy of a well done as we scraped a draw.

were there moogsy?

Nah wasn't there unfortunately. Had booked hotel and train to go up with few mates but had to pull out due to 'unforeseen circumstances'.

Listened on the radio though, was bad enough :lol:

Yup, well done Hearts for going up there and getting a point, after such a physically and mentally draining game on Thursday evening.

Some on here need a serious reality check.

Fermit the Krog

Yup, well done Hearts for going up there and getting a point, after such a physically and mentally draining game on Thursday evening.

SPL

A Rangers 1-1

A Paksi SE 1-1

H Dundee United 0-1

H Paksi SE 4-1

A Motherwell 0-1

H Aberdeen 3-0

H Tottenham Hotspur 0-5

A Kilmarnock 0-0

League Played 5, pts 5 (two loses) and we have played 3 euro ties where we drew one, won one, and lost heavily to TH and changed Managers in that time!

This year so far

Played 4 League games Pts 6 (unbeaten) and we have played just one Euro Tie where we were unlucky to lose that goal.

Add to the fact we have lost players and others are coming into it.

If Im being honest Im impressed with the start, JM has tried new things, they didnt work so he is trying other things. We have only lost one nil to a liver pool team who had at least four of those players on the park today against the current English Champs and apart from a really bad pass back they wouldve won against them today.

Now granted we shouldve held out against Inverness and maybe we shouldve beaten the hobos, BUT Id rather have a draw and a point than a loss. Unbeaten is better than up and down, and from such consistency can come the results we as fans seek.

Some people really need to remember we have lost a lot of players, we have a new manager who is doing what he can to make use of the tools he has and is implementing his own methods.

It could be a lot worse! :thumbsup:

Listen, a point is hardly a disaster but your last few words in your first sentence bring me to my point...

You only let it be mentally draining if you want it to be.......physically, yes, i could appreciate the legs becoming weary later in todays game.

But not mentally, disagree there. And that`s the biggest thing for me always.

This is the biggest factor we must work on at Tynecastle imo....its easy to take a pat on the back after a good perf you weren`t rewarded for....its easy to say it was just on Thursday we played......Imo, its a weakness in players that they can`t mentally atune themselves properly from one game to the next.

Put it this way, if it was Hibs today, what would you have demanded from your team and what would you have expected?

Alot of the tiredness factor is in the mind and i think the players need to develop stronger minds and dig deeper, not to give effort which they did today, but to keep focus on how we should be playing when in possession...in which we were rotten today.

portobellojambo1

We came away from Pittodrie with a point today. and In reality there isn't an awful lot more you can say about the game, which was instantly forgettable. They hit the bar towards the end of the 1st half, Driver hit the post in the last few seconds of the game, and that was about it chances wise. Both teams were very even, neither particularly inspiring and a share of the spoils was the correct end result.

SPL

A Rangers 1-1

A Paksi SE 1-1

H Dundee United 0-1

H Paksi SE 4-1

A Motherwell 0-1

H Aberdeen 3-0

H Tottenham Hotspur 0-5

A Kilmarnock 0-0

League Played 5, pts 5 (two loses) and we have played 3 euro ties where we drew one, won one, and lost heavily to TH and changed Managers in that time!

This year so far

Played 4 League games Pts 6 (unbeaten) and we have played just one Euro Tie where we were unlucky to lose that goal.

Add to the fact we have lost players and others are coming into it.

If Im being honest Im impressed with the start, JM has tried new things, they didnt work so he is trying other things. We have only lost one nil to a liver pool team who had at least four of those players on the park today against the current English Champs and apart from a really bad pass back they wouldve won against them today.

Now granted we shouldve held out against Inverness and maybe we shouldve beaten the hobos, BUT Id rather have a draw and a point than a loss. Unbeaten is better than up and down, and from such consistency can come the results we as fans seek.

Some people really need to remember we have lost a lot of players, we have a new manager who is doing what he can to make use of the tools he has and is implementing his own methods.

It could be a lot worse! :thumbsup:

Good post :thumbsup:

The wins will come. I reckon a win against Dundee next week could really kick start our season and hopefully go on a good wee run.

Good post :thumbsup:

The wins will come. I reckon a win against Dundee next week could really kick start our season and hopefully go on a good wee run.

Sorry, but you are a little off the mark here.

A win against Liverpool will kick start our season :thumbsup:

Sorry, but you are a little off the mark here.

A win against Liverpool will kick start our season :thumbsup:

I'm not unduly concerned or upset. We will drop points this season. I won't go overboard and congratulate the team on a draw against Aberdeen, yhough.

Archived