Well done Hearts

Budgie.

Welldone to the players for knuckling down and grinding out a draw and a clean sheet when we were clearly not having a good day.

It's going to be a rollercoaster season but very reassuring to know there is plenty of defensive steel and bags of determination in the team.

maroonlegions

I suppose that the defence like the midfield and those who play up front deserve credit where credit is due and our defence held firm when our backs were up against a red wall today, good point today and our unbeaten run continues.thumbsup.gif

Welldone to the players for knuckling down and grinding out a draw and a clean sheet when we were clearly not having a good day.

It's going to be a rollercoaster season but very reassuring to know there is plenty of defensive steel and bags of determination in the team.

i like the fact you can look at the result in a positive way, i suppose a draw away at Aberdeen isn't a bad result, i couldn't make it today but we sounded atrocious. Time to regroup and rest for the massive game on Thursday.thumbsup.gif

An extremely frustrating and nerve-racking listen, but a point isn't too bad at Pittodrie. I would have accepted that this morning.

I'm on this train.

There is no getting away from it. We are playing poorly however we are avoiding defeat in doing so. If we can manage to click soon we will be ok.

Aberdeen are a better team this season than a lot on here will give them credit for.

agreed mate well said, I actually think that is a decent result up there afterva tough European game in midweek.

No doubt though some of the moaners on jkb will find something to moan about lol but credit where it's and as someone else said sonmething is going to click and i think someone is in for a real hammering.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

I'll take the point.

We're lucky they don't have a striker that can hit a cow's arse with a mandolin.

Good to not lose the match after a Euro tie. However I have the feeling it will be the first of many draws this season.

The third actually :whistling:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

We should never be happy about scraping a draw against teams like Aberdeen. We've worked hard at setting our standards a bit higher than the rest and that's been a reason we are seen as third best.

A point is a point, but it's not worth the back slapping.

We have a very funny squad in the sense that in some area's we are well covered and in important area's we have **** all.

Good to not lose the match after a Euro tie. However I have the feeling it will be the first of many draws this season.

The first of many draws??? I make it the 3rd draw already, the Hibs game being the first of many draws this season

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Of course we shouldn't be happy with a draw at Pittodrie. Neither shoud we be angry and depressed.

I don't see anyone angry or depressed.

All I'm saying is we need to try and keep standards high. The young guys have to know we want better or mediocrity can easily creep in. :thumbsup:

The third actually :whistling:

The first of many draws??? I make it the 3rd draw already, the Hibs game being the first of many draws this season

Alright smartarses. You know what I meant :rolleyes:

Nelly Terraces

Still think we've underachieved so far. Don't think anyone will disagree we should've held onto 3 points last week, and drawing away at dross like the mutants and the codheads, with 2 very lame performances in each game, isn't great form, I'd have thought we'd have had 3 points at either of those. Just hoping things can get better.

We have a very funny squad in the sense that in some area's we are well covered and in important area's we have **** all.

Totally agree.

Our squad has many quality defenders but badly lacks strikers.

Hope we can do something about that before the window closes. :thumbsup:

Totally agree.

Our squad has many quality defenders but badly lacks strikers.

Hope we can do something about that before the window closes. :thumbsup:

Many quality defenders?

laugh.gif

Francis Albert

I don't see anyone angry or depressed.

All I'm saying is we need to try and keep standards high. The young guys have to know we want better or mediocrity can easily creep in. :thumbsup:

You've not read the match thread?

Agree 100% with second sentence though.

Francis Albert

Many quality defenders?

laugh.gif

Grainger, Webster, Zal, McGowan, Barr .

Patterson (though better in midfield) and McHattie.

We should never be happy about scraping a draw against teams like Aberdeen. We've worked hard at setting our standards a bit higher than the rest and that's been a reason we are seen as third best.

Absolutely correct.

Can't bring myself to congratulate us on getting a draw with Aberdeen.

ToadKiller Dog

Praise for our back line standing solid ,but as soon as Zal went off and Barr was moved back our midfield went missing for the second half Mehdi should be able to hold the ball better . Driver did nothing until the 92nd min ,not going to criticise youngsters but our older midfielders need to offer more away from home .

Yes we played Liverpool which took a lot out of the team ,sheep played midweek also with extra time .

Better teams than the Sheep would have thumped us away at parkhead or tannadice we would be looking at 4-0 .

Its clear we are missing in depth in the squad upfront and midfield .

Lots of work to do if we want a top two/three finish ,lots of time yet to improve which we will .Today is a lucky point .

Grainger, Webster, Zal, McGowan, Barr .

Patterson (though better in midfield) and McHattie.

Okay then.

laugh.gif

Yes, I was happy with a draw but...wtf, that was some of the worse football I've ever seen, from both sides...referee and linesmen were both dire. Pity that ball hit the post in the dying seconds.

maroonlegions

See your point but like i said when teams are under sever pressure for large parts of a game then surely if they do not concede the defence and those helping out at the back should get a back slapping, credit were credits due after all.

An extremely frustrating and nerve-racking listen, but a point isn't too bad at Pittodrie. I would have accepted that this morning.

I suppose I should thank Hearts World for going AWOL not long into the 2nd half but, I'm not going to!

Nerve wracking or not, I want to hear it!

Same old, same old (Hearts World, that is).

or the 3rd whistling.gif

oops beaten to it, knew I should have read the whole thread

On of the most over quoted sayings on JKB.

Yip, after doing a double shift on Thursday, didn't think the team would be at there best today although a win against Aberdeen would be prefered a loss is not bad considering.

Yip, after doing a double shift on Thursday, didn't think the team would be at there best today although a win against Aberdeen would be prefered a loss is not bad considering.

Who lost like? :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It may well be Mr Ryder,it's hard to remember when we've not had one TBH.

I know what you mean but, rollercoasters that go up for eighty percent of the ride or down for the same duration ate shit compared to ones that mix it up throughout.

Fermit the Krog

Decent crowd up there for them. They looked up for it. We had used up lots of energy midweek.

Decent point all things considered. Lets not think for a minute that we've not performed worse with better players in the team.

A win on Sunday and it's an acceptable start to the season.

A decent point considering the shift the players put in on Thursday and without Templeton.

And a clean sheet is always welcome.

Fermit the Krog

Aberdeen went to extra time in midweek.

It's not all about the time spent on the park though is it?

I'd suggest our players were a lot more tired after 90 mins versus Liverpool than Aberdeen were after 120 against Morton.

:thumbsup:

It's not all about the time spent on the park though is it?

I'd suggest our players were a lot more tired after 90 mins versus Liverpool than Aberdeen were after 120 against Morton.

:thumbsup:

Don't look forward to seeing the players after we play the return leg at Anfield.

Fermit the Krog

Don't look forward to seeing the players after we play the return leg at Anfield.

Historically it's always something we've struggled with.

Also, I expect Dundee will bring a very large support on Sunday. Hearts fans need to do their bit and match the noise they will create.

It's potentially a very hard game but a win of any sorts sees us having had a solid start to the season.

Spot on.

On the balance of play it seems a good result, but it should not be considered good that we created hee haw and were clinging on to a point by our fingernails against Aberdeen.

Wonder if anyone in Oz is looking for a striker on loan?

Just back, and to confirm that was dross , defence apart nothing to shout about . This will be a long season!

I dont actually think the squad is miles awsy from being a good one. Striker apart we have cover in the other areas. Got sent a txt from Aberdeem saying "too many Laddies" I broke down rhe team that Finished and Mcd Webby Grainger Barr Taouil and Sutton are over 25 and Driver and Mcgowan well experienced. Leaving only Holt who is a youth international and the stick out in the 19s plus Dennis and Carrick. Not full o laddies at all. When you consider Zal injured and Temps suspended plus the blooding of Patterson and Mchattie we aint bad off.

I will reconsider aftet the window ends should no striker arrive and we are forced to lose a couple :-(

Archived