Matrix:Recoded - Mafia

Gizmo

Matrix-banner.jpg

>

> For a while, it was good. Humanity was oblivious to it's true reality, and content with this version of The Matrix, even though they were being fed a lie by the machines, and were born to serve only as a battery within giant capacitors to feed the machine world - the final revenge enacted by sentient machines who no longer wished to do humanity's bidding.

>

>We know from history that the year is not 2012 - it is actually 2536. We also know, from code smuggled out of The Matrix at great cost that his is NOT the first incarnation of The Matrix, and that each time we come close to getting the truth out, the Agents of the Matrix have won out and rebooted the whole system.

>

>NOT THIS TIME.

>

>We enter The Matrix armed with code that will free humanity and reveal the truth of the Matrix to one and all. The only thing stopping us getting the code to the source is The Agents, who will stop at nothing to prevent this. If you die within the Matrix, you die in reality too.

>

>Some of you may find you code overwritten when entering The Matrix, and become agents of the enemy. We have no choice but to proceed, this IS our last chance.

>

>Good luck. Jacking-in NOW.

>[operator] Hold on, here we go.

>{SEND INFILTRATION CODE MORPEUS 1902V5.1}

>_

>_

>

> [operator]...DONE

>

Ok no point not naming the characters roles as for anyone who has watched The Matrix will suss them anyway and as long as your do NOT reveal your character name it will not affect the game.

CHARACTERS:

Goons

Agent Brown

Agent Johnson

Agent Jones

Agent Smith

Cop: Morpheus

Masons

Dozer

Switch

Mouse

Assassin: Neo. Has 3 kills throughout the game. If he KILLS Agent Smith, they both die).

Watcher: Link. Can watch one person per night and puts a stop to anything that may befall them, including any actions they were about to undertake.

Cypher: Traitor. Shows up good to the cop but is actually a "bad townie" and his role is to be a hindrance to the town- if the goons try to kill him he will join the goons. Is given investigation results but does not know who the goons are from day 1

12 Townies

The Oracle: Autonomous Program. The Oracle likes to meddle with people within The Matrix by giving them tasks to do. She will choose at random a Townie each day to perform a task, if they succeed they will be given a cookie from The Oracle which will make them immune, for that night only, from being killed by either side. The same Townie will not be chosen more than once.

As with any normal game, you can hint at your role but DO NOT reveal your character name on thread or you will be modkilled.

Town wins when all the goons are killed off

Goons win when they have a majority

Assassin wins if they are last remaining roled player.

General rules

At night I will take and deal with nominations from the Watcher, Doc, Cop, goons and any townies with powers in that order.

Please post votes and unvotes in bold e.g. vote Romanov and unvote Romanov

If you don't your vote will not be counted. No editing of posts with votes allowed, if this is done voting privileges may be removed.

You can bluff or lie about your role, but if you come out right and say you?re doc or cop etc you will be mod killed.

A lynch will happen when there is enough votes for the same person or a deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached but not enough numbers have voted the same person, the person with the highest amount of votes at that time will be lynched. If it is a tie I will devise a way of picking the winner.

Only players who have a team role are allowed to PM other players about the game. If you receive a PM from someone you are not supposed to (ahem!) please DON'T post it on the game thread, report it to me first. If you have any questions about the general rules post them on the thread, if you have a question about your role/power PM me and I'll try my best to explain it.

No PMs or chat in other threads or even in real life about the game unless you have a role which allows PMs to other players and then it can only be between the players you have been given by me.

No speculation is permitted on the thread during the night period, just the usual sorry I?ve killed diner type stuff. I will punish players who misbehave at night.

Dead people can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtly hint for someone to be voted off, I will be round to kill them for real-just don?t do it please. I have experienced it myself and know it is hard but it ruins the experience for other players

Finally I will Mod kill non posters and voters unless there is good excuse but will use my discretion

Remember this is just for fun, don?t try and take it too seriously!

Enjoy and if you are confused over anything please PM me

First deadline will be 9pm tomorrow night (Tuesday), with all roled players to have PM?s in by 10pm or you will lose your right to the night time activities. There will be no flexibility on this to allow the game to flow.

No deadline Saturday

MODS: Please sticky..

PMs being sent out now...

Night time set for tomorrow 12pm.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry Palmer

Bonjour...

Is deadline tomorrow or Tuesday? Tomorrow more likely aye?

As for BS, even if I could use it, I probably wouldn't anyway just to get the usual over with. :)

Was making the first deadline tomorrow - that's what I get for doing a poor cut/paste job from someone who knows what they were doing. My first attempt to run a game, so be gentle!! :lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Evening

I'm roled so you shouldn't kill me.

I would use BS which I might be able to do. Then again, maybe not.

To start things off

vote Neale

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Interesting set up, The Oracle would be a fun role. Just a townie over here, but would use BS if I could :thumbsup:.

Just because he's always a goon:

Vote Andy

::troll:::'>

If I was the cop I'd investigate andy on night one.

If I was a goon I'd kill hp88 on night one for shits and giggles.

If I was the assassin I'd shoot andy.

I'm none of the above.

If I was the cop I would use BS but I can't.

Lionel, I'm guessing there is a doc? You didn't list them in the characters but you've said that you will deal with their actions at night.

If I was a goon I'd kill hp88 on night one for shits and giggles.

Vote Pull Shapes

I'm none of the above.

So you're either the watcher or the doc then? ::troll:::'>

ADD-ON. Knew I'd forget something. Thx hp88.

One more character role:

Trinity: Doc. Can save one person a night.

Good afternoon fellow townies thumbsup.gif

Once again I am good so dont lynch or kill me on the first night.Thank you and have a nice afternoon (how's the weather in Edinburgh; its quite pleasant down here in Bath today).

Once again I am good so dont lynch or kill me on the first night. Thank you and have a nice afternoon (how's the weather in Edinburgh; its quite pleasant down here in Bath today).

Who changed their name?

vote andy

I have a spending problem. Went into primark to get flip flops, spent ?42 :vrface:

Now I have to go and fill my car up with petrol (I spend 45 quid a week on it the now :sob:) then I'll go into tesco and buy shite I don't need like ice cream and a variety of juice because I'm always thirsty :sob:

Mother and Father shapes went on holiday this morning though and left me money :jjyay:

Guest C00l K1d

Once again I am good so dont lynch or kill me on the first night.Thank you and have a nice afternoon (how's the weather in Edinburgh; its quite pleasant down here in Bath today).

Aye right ::troll:::'>

vote pinheed

Who changed their name?

vote andy

I have a spending problem. Went into primark to get flip flops, spent ?42 :vrface:

laugh.gif

I usually stop in at Sainsbury for a loaf and a pint of milk and end up spending ?50 on shopping.

Ah tell you a mans work is never done.

laugh.gif

I usually stop in at Sainsbury for a loaf and a pint of milk and end up spending ?50 on shopping.

Ah tell you a mans work in never done.

How the hell do you manage that?

I can understand Pull Shapes spending money in Primark (not saying I condone it), but how the hell does a bloke spend that much in Sainsburys?

How the hell do you manage that?

I can understand Pull Shapes spending money in Primark (not saying I condone it), but how the hell does a bloke spend that much in Sainsburys?

Well its like this...

You stop for your milk and bread, then cos youre there you grab six tins from the bevvy aisle, then its up to grab a bag of crisps and the ms pinheid calls to say grab something for dinner so as she is a veggie its over to the produce aisle for veggies and then its buying sh*te like tofu and such like not forgetting something to freshen the flat too. Before you know it you have spent ?50.00.

Well its like this...

You stop for your milk and bread, then cos youre there you grab six tins from the bevvy aisle, then its up to grab a bag of crisps and the ms pinheid calls to say grab something for dinner so as she is a veggie its over to the produce aisle for veggies and then its buying sh*te like tofu and such like not forgetting something to freshen the flat too. Before you know it you have spent ?50.00.

Where as I shop like I'm in the marines, in and out.

I know what I need and where it is.

That said I suppose I do have the advantage of no missus (especially not a veggie one) to worry about.

Where as I shop like I'm in the marines, in and out.

I know what I need and where it is.

That said I suppose I do have the advantage of no missus (especially not a veggie one) to worry about.

I was without a mrs for a few years and have ended up with a veggie - its ok though as she owns a horse so we have fair sized chunks of the day where we are apart so I get to post here and the watch/listen to the footie so as a result that sacrifice suits me fine.

Now I have to go and fill my car up with petrol (I spend 45 quid a week on it the now :sob:)

I would LOVE to spend only ?45 a week on fuel! Anyway so this matrix thing is about shopping eh?

:lol:

Might as well get a vote in now. I am a townie again which is probably for the best as time concentrating on this is tricky.

Oh and if i was the cop i would use bs

Vote Arnold

Update: drove up a no entry coming out the car park in dunfermline :vrface: spent a tenner in tesco then 43 quid on petrol :(

Some eejit has bashed my wing mirror and I've drove from bo'ness to Dunfermline then back home with it out of place. Someone remind me to fix it before I go back out. Don't fancy driving the whole way along the bypass with it like that, especially given that I'm a terrible driver anyway...

Update: drove up a no entry coming out the car park in dunfermline :vrface: spent a tenner in tesco then 43 quid on petrol :(

Some eejit has bashed my wing mirror and I've drove from bo'ness to Dunfermline then back home with it out of place. Someone remind me to fix it before I go back out. Don't fancy driving the whole way along the bypass with it like that, especially given that I'm a terrible driver anyway...

:facepalm:

Will you ever go a mafia game without a driving incident?

> There was a massive pile-up in The Matrix several years ago. Cars, bikes, trucks the works.

>

> Women drivers were involved too. :whistling:

>

> Stay safe out there.

>

> /end

vote Pull shapes

For forgetting to give me a PM last game. :sob:

Why would you vote someone that already has two votes on the opening day? Goon.

I didn't forget, you couldn't receive.

> There was a massive pile-up in The Matrix several years ago. Cars, bikes, trucks the works.

>

> Women drivers were involved too. :whistling:

>

> Stay safe out there.

>

> /end

Forget about pile-ups it's pile-on's that are more concerning right now GOONS

i'd use bullshit if i could

i can't so i won't

no role for me

vote shapes

for living up to the woman driver cliche

learn to drive woman!

Why would you vote someone that already has two votes on the opening day? Goon.

I didn't forget, you couldn't receive.

Panicked goon response IMO.

Panicked goon response IMO.

unvote Pull Shapes

vote Stacee Jaxx

If you think I'm a goon then why then unvote me? :rolleyes:

Not bothered if you kill me. I'm getting bored of being a townie in every single game and being accused of being a goon in every single game then getting killed by the town while the goons sit and laugh. Reason the goons never kill me is because I'm an easy town target. FACT.

Prince Buaben

If you think I'm a goon then why then unvote me? :rolleyes:

Not bothered if you kill me. I'm getting bored of being a townie in every single game and being accused of being a goon in every single game then getting killed by the town while the goons sit and laugh. Reason the goons never kill me is because I'm an easy town target. FACT.

its not that bad shapes.

Chris Benoit

Here shapes next time you're driving in Dunfermline give me a shout, I was out with the bairn today and I wouldn't like to take that risk again.

Guest C00l K1d

Here shapes next time you're driving in Dunfermline give me a shout, I was out with the bairn today and I wouldn't like to take that risk again.

:rofl:

Archived