We Are Getting Too Excited

Gorgieshed

I don't think anyone is saying that that Liverpool team was anything like their teams of old. However, they fielded a team including Borini (?12m); Henderson (?18m); Reina, Carragher and Agger and our low cost team more than held their own.

I think that's worth some praise. That Liverpool team would be challenging for the SPL at the very least.

I hope the OP looked at the cost of the two squads from last night and compared our ?30,000 to their ?80,000,000.

I thought we were really good for the first 40 then very poor for next 40 before then good for final 10.

I think the reason we were better for last ten is because we kept the ball better and were able to move it up the pitch before playing a ball into the box.

The previous 40 we gave the ball away cheaply and it was very difficult to get it back because Liverpool are a good team with good passers.

I think it was always going to the case the L'pool would have long stretches of the game keeping the ball,but what impressed me last night was the workrate of our team it was immense!!, and after they (we) scored the boys rolled their sleeves up and got at them again. Great night,great effort, looking forward to my trip to Anfield and regardless of the result we can hold our heads high. Mon the Hearts!!

Arsehole statement to make by the OP. The cost of Henderson and Borini could write off our debt and give us change to spare.

We all knew the task was going to be difficult, but with the gulf in finances and the resources Liverpool have against ours, I am one proud Jambo this morning and I don't care for anyone who tries to tarnish it.

I thought we were really good for the first 40 then very poor for next 40 before then good for final 10.

I think the reason we were better for last ten is because we kept the ball better and were able to move it up the pitch before playing a ball into the box.

The previous 40 we gave the ball away cheaply and it was very difficult to get it back because Liverpool are a good team with good passers.

One of the reasons we were good for the last 10 was that Liverpool were one up and given how much difficulty they'd had getting to that point they weren't going to take any risks looking for a second so they sat back a bit.

Which in turn illustrates that it had developed into a genuine contest as opposed to the exhibition match we saw against Spurs and that is what people are being optimistic about.

The Great Khali

All I have to say to the OP is 5-1 ya beef curtains look alike, always in our shadows

:lol:

Great post, absolutely pissing myself

"ya beef curtains look alike"

:rofl:

Agree with all the comments praising our performance last night - it was genuinely something to be enthusiastic and probably a little bit excited about. The only thing that grated slightly with me were Scott Wilson's (and I'm a big fan) over-the-top eulogies at the end about the fans and the atmosphere, doing our country proud etc. We'd just lost a match, and it all came across as beng a bit small time. We all knew the atmosphere had been great, Scott - you could have just left it.

The Great Khali

Agree with all the comments praising our performance last night - it was genuinely something to be enthusiastic and probably a little bit excited about. The only thing that grated slightly with me were Scott Wilson's (and I'm a big fan) over-the-top eulogies at the end about the fans and the atmosphere, doing our country proud etc. We'd just lost a match, and it all came across as beng a bit small time. We all knew the atmosphere had been great, Scott - you could have just left it.

Thought he said what needed to be said tbh. Best atmosphere at Tynie in a long, long time.

portobellojambo1

I hope the OP looked at the cost of the two squads from last night and compared our ?30,000 to their ?80,000,000.

Absolutely. We put out a team last night that cost less than some of their players get paid in a week, in fact if what we paid for David Templeton (and he was the only player in our side who cost us anything, the full ?30k mentioned above) was offered to some of those Liverpool players as their weekly wage they would walk away to another club.

I may have been disappointed if HMFC had put out a side that had cost in excess of ?80 million to assemble, and we had lost at home in a Europa League tie, but everything has to be taken into account and put into perspective.

English football is what it is for no other reason than the money which is pumped into it by Sky, and it appears that over the last few years Liverpool have been very successful in wasting their share of that money in bucket loads. Last night they were matched by a side who cost peanuts to put together.

Gene Parmesan

All I have to say to the OP is 5-1 ya beef curtains look alike, always in our shadows

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Heart Of Midlothian

Jamie Mac - academy

Danny G - free transfer

Gowser - academy

Zali - free transfer

Webster - free transfer

Novikovas - academy

Paterson - academy

Mehdi - free transfer

Barr - free transfer

Temps - token fee, academy

Sutton - free transfer

Liverpool

pepe reina - ?7 million

Martin Kelly - academy

Danny Aggar - ?6 million

jamie carragher - academy

jack robinson - academy

raheem sterling - ?600,000 rising to ?5 million

charlie adam - ?6.75 million

jay spearing - academy

johnjo shelvey - ?1.75 million

fabio borini - ?10 million

jordan henderson ?20 million :thumbsup::D

brad jones - ?2.3 million

joe allen - ?15 million

sebastian coates - ?7.6 million

jon flanagan - academy

lucas leiva - ?6 million

adam morgan - academy

stewart downing - ?20 million? :thumbsup::D

so no bother and away back to that hole u crawled out of!!!!!!!!!!!

PROUD OF OUR TEAM AND FANS LAST NIGHT AND CANNOT WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK!!!!

excellent, hard working performance overall. it was great to see a group of, lets be fair and honest, second rate players go into a match against a truly mammoth club with massively better players and not be bullied or overawed.

couple of things though...

anyone who has watched football for any length of time will surely recognise and admit that there was probably an element of our players raising their game for this big and one-off occasion. we just can't expect them to maintain that level of work ethic and commitment for every domestic game. it doesn't work like that.

while the players should be very proud of their performance, it was clear to see that we just don't have enough quality in the side. we came close to scoring a few times but we lacked the kind of quality to press home our periods of pressure and get the couple of goals we deserved.

be proud or excited if you like but there are realities to keep in mind too.

It was an excellent performance, but ultimately a bad result and another hard luck story. The good thing is we get another shot at them next week and I suspect they will play a weakened line-up again.

Archived