We Are Getting Too Excited

Gorgieshed

Jeez not trying to be the pessimist but we were up against Liverpool Reserves. Fair play we gave a good acount of ourselves but we weren't that good!!! The Europa League/UEFA Cup is not what it was, that wasn't the glamour tie it would hAve been 10/15 years ago.

Jeez not trying to be the pessimist but we were up against Liverpool Reserves. Fair play we gave a good acount of ourselves but we weren't that good!!! The Europa League/UEFA Cup is not what it was, that wasn't the glamour tie it would hAve been 10/15 years ago.

away

and

bile

yer

heid!

:clubbed:

Victor Meldrew

I don't think anyone is saying that that Liverpool team was anything like their teams of old. However, they fielded a team including Borini (?12m); Henderson (?18m); Reina, Carragher and Agger and our low cost team more than held their own.

I think that's worth some praise. That Liverpool team would be challenging for the SPL at the very least.

What were your other 9 posts about? :down:

You know what someone next to me said this until I pointed out that the team Liverpool played would stroll this league and beat most of the bottom half of the EPL, also their back four consisted of seasoned players. Agger is wanted by Real Madrid, Kelly is a future England RB and played a lot last season when Glen Johnson played LB, and Jamie Carragher has played at the very top level in Europe. Charlie Adam was a first team pick for long parts before he got injured last year as well. Liverpool reserves they may have been but that was still a hard fought match and our players can hold their heads high and take hope with them to Anfield because if we play that team again next week we could nick something.

The only good thing I can say about the OP is that with 10 posts in 4 years it should at least be a while before the next daft post.

Ha ha... We only one 5-1 we only 5-1...

Now move along nicely back to your own forum

Nobody is claiming Liverpool were full strength. But they still fielded a team costing about 100 times what ours cost.

Captain Price

We were fantastic. That squad they played, the value, could probably write off our debt, we had a much weaker side, and still managed to play very very well, and we were very unfortunate to get something out of the game. The tie is still open, and if they play that side again(which is a strong possibility, considering they are playing Arsenal 3 days later) we are still in with a shout.

I'm not annoyed, I'm not pissed off, I'm not upset, I'm not disappointed - I'm proud to be a Heart of Midlothian supporter.

(.)

i'm sorry but over the course of a season do liverpool not use most of those players who played tonight, every liverpool player that played tonight will still play huge parts throught the season

it said it all when they threw downing on because they were getting nothing decent into the box, he was only 20 mil mind you :whistling:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Considering how poorly we played against 10 men in the second half on Saturday, that was a phenomenal performance by Hearts. We got in their faces, we passed the ball well, we created chances to score, we made a few silly mistakes, we were unlucky to concede, the manager got the tactics spot on and the atmosphere was brilliant from start to finish. They may not be famous any more but it was still a fantastic match to be part of.

Jamie Mac - academy

Danny G - free transfer

Gowser - academy

Zali - free transfer

Webster - free transfer

Novikovas - academy

Paterson - academy

Mehdi - free transfer

Barr - free transfer

Temps - token fee, academy

Sutton - free transfer

This side costing about ?50,000 in transfer fees more than matched a Liverpool side containing Henderson at ?20m amongst many other expensive signings.

Gives me absolutely tons to be excited and proud off.

Gregory House M.D.

Nobody is claiming Liverpool were full strength. But they still fielded a team costing about 100 times what ours cost.

You'll Probably find it's closer to 200x the cost. They cost nearly 100x more if you only count Borini, Downing & Henderson.

What were your other 9 posts about? :down:

Good one, obviously u are Hearts Uber fan and what u say goes?

You'll Probably find it's closer to 200x the cost. They cost nearly 100x more if you only count Borini, Downing & Henderson.

400x if you only include Henderson!!!

Toxteth O'Grady

Jamie Mac - academy

Danny G - free transfer

Gowser - academy

Zali - free transfer

Webster - free transfer

Novikovas - academy

Paterson - academy

Mehdi - free transfer

Barr - free transfer

Temps - token fee, academy

Sutton - free transfer

This side costing about ?50,000 in transfer fees more than matched a Liverpool side containing Henderson at ?20m amongst many other expensive signings.

Gives me absolutely tons to be excited and proud off.

Good post, the boys did well.

Some put themselves in the shop window so hope we can either keep them or get a big fee.

OP is a complete bellchief and it's only be ause of copious amounts of alcohols and I'm on a mobile im not saying more obvious bitter little hobo

heartsfc_fan

That Liverpool team cost over ?200 Million :vrface:

They had England internations in there :vrface:

That Liverpool starting 11 would win the SPL by March.

We more than matched them.

IMO if we had somebody like Skacel he would've buried 2 or 3 of those chances (especially Andy Drivers).

shaun.lawson

I've been waiting for this thread to appear. :lol: I guess the OP has a fair amount of minerals if nothing else... :ninja:

Look, hardly anyone gave us a prayer last night. Of course, that had a decent amount to do with what happened against Spurs; it also has something to do with how we've started this season, not to mention the cutbacks going on. So expectations were extremely low: not a bad position from which to attack a one-off tie like this, because there was no real pressure on the players.

But when you see the team playing as tactically soundly as that, working as hard as that, Templeton running himself into the ground, McGowan looking superb and Patterson looking like some kind of brilliant; and when you hear Tynecastle in full voice (yes, even on the telly), everyone pulling together as one, and receiving deserved plaudits from all over the UK... well, you'd have to have a heart of stone not to feel proud of that.

No, we weren't playing Barcelona; yes, the Europa League is not what it was. But that was a very decent side we were up against, and we more than matched them on a grand stage. The profile of the club will have been done no harm at all. The one thing I'm a teeny weeny little bit in agreement with the OP over is that ultimately, we lost the game, and are now long odds against for the tie itself: glorious defeat encapsulates Hearts in Europe over the years, and in a sense, this is merely yet another example.

But then you remember how much the game's moved on over the past 20 years, how much that Liverpool side cost, and what their expectations are for the season ahead... and actually, it'd be bloody incredible if we got past them given all that. So it's OK to feel a wee bit of frustration - but not at all OK not to feel tremendously proud of that performance, and for that matter, of the whole club.

Historic? Hardly. But a damn good night for Heart of Midlothian FC all the same. :thumbsup:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

If you aren't proud of tonight then there is no point supporting Hearts really. It sounds to me like you are too used to backing your EPL team. :)

Get some sort of grip on reality and you'll soon see it was a fine performance.

ernie winchester

...pish!

You have a point but Scottish football is crap so we did ok. Scouse sellic played within themselves but it was a decent performance from us.

I'm glad we tried to play football instead of resorting to hoof. Just wish we had scored.

portobellojambo1

That was far from Liverpool's reserve side, and based on what I witnessed tonight of the two squads on display Liverpool have a hell of a lot more to worry about than us. If they are unable to play without Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez in their side they are going to find themselves sliding down the EPL this season.

**** right off!

You have a point but Scottish football is crap so we did ok. Scouse sellic played within themselves but it was a decent performance from us.

I'm glad we tried to play football instead of resorting to hoof. Just wish we had scored.

100% Agree!

Arthur Morgan

Sniff.. Sniff... What's that I smell? Oh aye, it's SHITE coming from the OP down.gif

jamboinglasgow

I've been waiting for this thread to appear. :lol: I guess the OP has a fair amount of minerals if nothing else... :ninja:

Look, hardly anyone gave us a prayer last night. Of course, that had a decent amount to do with what happened against Spurs; it also has something to do with how we've started this season, not to mention the cutbacks going on. So expectations were extremely low: not a bad position from which to attack a one-off tie like this, because there was no real pressure on the players.

But when you see the team playing as tactically soundly as that, working as hard as that, Templeton running himself into the ground, McGowan looking superb and Patterson looking like some kind of brilliant; and when you hear Tynecastle in full voice (yes, even on the telly), everyone pulling together as one, and receiving deserved plaudits from all over the UK... well, you'd have to have a heart of stone not to feel proud of that.

No, we weren't playing Barcelona; yes, the Europa League is not what it was. But that was a very decent side we were up against, and we more than matched them on a grand stage. The profile of the club will have been done no harm at all. The one thing I'm a teeny weeny little bit in agreement with the OP over is that ultimately, we lost the game, and are now long odds against for the tie itself: glorious defeat encapsulates Hearts in Europe over the years, and in a sense, this is merely yet another example.

But then you remember how much the game's moved on over the past 20 years, how much that Liverpool side cost, and what their expectations are for the season ahead... and actually, it'd be bloody incredible if we got past them given all that. So it's OK to feel a wee bit of frustration - but not at all OK not to feel tremendously proud of that performance, and for that matter, of the whole club.

Historic? Hardly. But a damn good night for Heart of Midlothian FC all the same. :thumbsup:

One of the things that really pleased me is that we took the game to Liverpool and actually played some decent football. It wasn't the old 11 men behind the ball holding out for 90 minutes that people expect from the Scottish teams, the Scottish football has been kicked a lot this summer, but we showed that there is life outside of the old firm, that there is grounds with atmosphere where teams are not afraid to pass the ball around and add trickery and skill. Yes we lost and it is disappointing considering how we played but we demonstrated to the rest of Britain that there is still life in the Scottish game. Lets hope we can continue to show this next Thursday at Anfield.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

One of the things that really pleased me is that we took the game to Liverpool and actually played some decent football. It wasn't the old 11 men behind the ball holding out for 90 minutes that people expect from the Scottish teams, the Scottish football has been kicked a lot this summer, but we showed that there is life outside of the old firm, that there is grounds with atmosphere where teams are not afraid to pass the ball around and add trickery and skill. Yes we lost and it is disappointing considering how we played but we demonstrated to the rest of Britain that there is still life in the Scottish game. Lets hope we can continue to show this next Thursday at Anfield.

We did pass the ball well. Better than Brendan Rodgers total football side I'd say.

Almost all of it through wee Mehdi. Could be a stroke of genius is he has consistency.

shaun.lawson

We did pass the ball well. Better than Brendan Rodgers total football side I'd say.

Almost all of it through wee Mehdi. Could be a stroke of genius is he has consistency.

:Agree:

jamboinglasgow

Yup alongside Barr he can be the playmaker we need in the team (and thought he would be last season when he arrived but did not seem to be.) He passes were much better (with the exception of one or two) and he does seem to be concentrating more on moving it around, coming deeper to receive the ball and move it on. With a run there he can become an important player for us.

Haha any fans of the wee team welcome on here. There's nothing you can do to out do us! You Can't take anything away from tonight's result. Liverpool had players bought for 10s of millions playing against us.

How does it feel to know well be at anfield playing in Europe while the wee team are away to Q.O.S.. In fact, they have 5 times more big cups than you so it's a big game for you. My mistake!

Gregory House M.D.

Haha any fans of the wee team welcome on here. There's nothing you can do to out do us! You Can't take anything away from tonight's result. Liverpool had players bought for 10s of millions playing against us.

How does it feel to know well be at anfield playing in Europe while the wee team are away to Q.O.S.. In fact, they have 5 times more big cups than you so it's a big game for you. My mistake!

That's Queens Park :P

Good post :thumbsup:

Gregory House M.D.

Joe Allen has played 112 minutes for Liverpool, made 100 passes and 96 of them have reached their target.

Borini will be a regular for them.

Agger is a regular and is wanted by Real.

Kelly is an England international.

Reina is a mainstay.

Downing has been a regular EPL player for a few years now.

Carragher is a veteran. He's won both Europes trophies and has only recently stopped playing as regularly.

Joe Allen has played 112 minutes for Liverpool, made 100 passes and 96 of them have reached their target.

Borini will be a regular for them.

Agger is a regular and is wanted by Real.

Kelly is an England international.

Reina is a mainstay.

Downing has been a regular EPL player for a few years now.

Carragher is a veteran. He's won both Europes trophies and has only recently stopped playing as regularly.

And we matched them. A fine effort from a young hearts side. Downing is gash though, not talking about last night but he must be the most over rated player in the prem.

shaun.lawson

Downing is gash though, not talking about last night but he must be the most over rated player in the prem.

Too right. Has been for what seems like about 10 years now! Come to think of it, I've never met any football fan who did rate him; his managers have all seemed to though, for whatever reason.

Too right. Has been for what seems like about 10 years now! Come to think of it, I've never met any football fan who did rate him; his managers have all seemed to though, for whatever reason.

If Rodgers continues to try and get his teams to play like Barca I can't see Downing earning many starts. As for his England call ups...just lol.

Liverpool reserves my arse.

That team cost many millions to put together and a lot of them have plenty of Premiership game time.

Take a look at our squad before making stupid statements .

Liverpool reserves my arse.

That team cost many millions to put together and a lot of them have plenty of Premiership game time.

Take a look at our squad before making stupid statements .

Barney Rubble

You sure about that fella ? you sure ?

Diadora Van Basten

I thought we were really good for the first 40 then very poor for next 40 before then good for final 10.

I think the reason we were better for last ten is because we kept the ball better and were able to move it up the pitch before playing a ball into the box.

The previous 40 we gave the ball away cheaply and it was very difficult to get it back because Liverpool are a good team with good passers.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

All much better than I'd dared hoped for. All very cynical I was in the lead up, but should have known better after almost 30 years following the JT's. Very proud, but disappointed we lacked the last chunk of belief needed to get a result, that really wasnt beyond us in the end.

Enormously proud, well done to all, coaching staff, players and fans. Vlad some investment, not much, just some to keep the thing going.

Archived