It's Not Over Yet

Barasa

I know this is a bit of blind optimism, but after seeing the way we played tonight, how we got into their faces right from the kick off, looked as comfortable on the ball as them, and managed to create a couple of chances (albeit not many clear cut ones), I don't think this tie is completely beyond us yet.

Liverpool were shocking tonight and they had no one in our team who posed us any real threat apart from the young boy Sterling. If they line up with a similar team next Thursday there's no reason we shouldn't go there and give it a right good go. McGlynn had us set up exactly the right way tonight, not giving them a minute's peace on the ball and keeping it tight for the first 20 minutes. If we keep it 0-0 at Anfield for the first 20 minutes/ half an hour next week, the locals will start getting restless, and we could just end up nicking a lucky goal like they got tonight.

I'm not expecting us to go through, but don't think we should be written off yet, especially after seeing how badly Liverpool played.

duckandcover

Like your optimism. They are more or less certain to play a weakened team at Anfield, an early goal for us and who knows.what will happen. One thing is for certain is that our support will be great and Gorgie will rule.

Archived