Time for a "Big Euro night at Tynie" success story

JamboJen

Been thinking about Hearts in European matches and unsurprisingly there are a lot of happy memories - but then it occurred to me that most were away from home.

Bordeaux, Basel and Braga, although I wasn't at that latter, were all big European nights with successful outcomes but in my time supporting Hearts we've never had anything similar at Tynecastle.

Braga was a great night at Murrayfield, Zagreb at home was just too much of an ask despite a valiant effort and Stuttgart was so close and yet so far.

It would be great to have a night like Bordeaux away tomorrow night; a battling performance, a stroke of luck, a goal to go absolutely delirious about and a result to give us hope going into the second leg.

Is it too much to ask? Probably. But it's long overdue.

Just need to remember bayern Munich ... Nobody gave us much of a chance then either

Sadly (or not :whistling: ) I'm too young for that.

Need a Bayern Munich for the next generation! :thumbsup:

If you're old enough, you'll remember Bayern, Dnipro, Athletico Madrid and Bologna all getting pumped at Tynie. If you're even older you'll remember Leipzig.

We can definitely pull one-off wins out of the bag.

If you're old enough, you'll remember Bayern, Dnipro, Athletico Madrid and Bologna all getting pumped at Tynie. If you're even older you'll remember Leipzig.

A Leipzig esque performance tomorrow would do :whistling:

Diadora Van Basten

I don't think a Bayern result is possible any more the financial gap between the haves and the have nots in football is just to great now.

Rudolf's Mate

I don't think a Bayern result is possible any more the financial gap between the haves and the have nots in football is just to great now.

Also on paper the squad we had against Bayern was a very, very good squad.

We do have a chance tomorrow night but our tactics have to be spot on.

First game :thumbsup:

Shanks said no

Loco Leipzig was great, I was only about 12 and thought I would see many Euro nights like it ....... must have been about 8 years before we were in again..... but Munich was probably the greatest result I have ever seen at Tynecastle. I can even remember where I sat in the FERC pre-match!

In all seriousness, I do feel quite optimistic about tomorrow night :ermm:

Maybe we won't win the game. But we'll do ourselves proud.

I remember them all!! Especially Leipzig, best night ever. The 5-1 was during the day!!

My first European game in the ground - I watched Slavia Prague from the Gorgie flats - was the Athletico Madrid game. Liverpool will almost definitely go through on aggregate but a morale-boosting win at Tynecastle shouldn't be out of the question, even with the financial disparity.

aye, but we're gonnae get bummed

Bummed? My erse we'll get bummed.

1-0 Hearts. Webster header from 3 yards in 23rd minute.

Hang on for the rest of the match.

McGowan throws his shirt to the Hearts fans at the end.

"The Maroons, the Jambos, the Jam Tarts, aaahhh, what lovely nicknames. Oooohhh what a fairytale story, the tinies from Tynecastle facing the largess of Liverpool. What a romantic story for the press. Well **** them the gang of twats. They're going to get battered more than Charlie Adam's deep fried Mars Bar."

I liked this quote from one of the scousers. It is the correct attitude.

Craig Herbertson

Strangely, our away record in Europe is really bad. But then any alcoholiday makes thing seema bit rosier.

Sad but true, we also have a clueless coach and a weak midfield and no front line.

Chris Benoit

"The Maroons, the Jambos, the Jam Tarts, aaahhh, what lovely nicknames. Oooohhh what a fairytale story, the tinies from Tynecastle facing the largess of Liverpool. What a romantic story for the press. Well **** them the gang of twats. They're going to get battered more than Charlie Adam's deep fried Mars Bar."

I liked this quote from one of the scousers. It is the correct attitude.

:spoton:

I ******* despise every team we play and wish a lifetime of pain on each and every one of their supporters. Reassuring to know they feel the same.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Sad but true, we also have a clueless coach and a weak midfield and no front line.

This i'm afraid. Still, put some cash on Webster scoring at any time, and a similar bet on Zal to try and make me feel more positive about our chances.

Liverpool have better players than us in every position.

Bayern Munich had better players than us in every position but we were a baw hair away from knocking them out over 2 legs.

It is possible. Unlikely, yes. But possible.

Who is going to be our Ian Ferguson tonight if it's gonna happen? I have a sneaky wee feeling that maybe, just maybe, we will see another Euro wonder goal to match Fergie's or Snodin's.

Archived