Webster wanted.

andy-y

Geoff Kilpatrick

Strange how there's people on here calling themselves Hearts fans yet are happy to be keyboard hard men and call him Judas/prick or worse. Well out of order. Keep Webster or face bottom six oblivion this season

But Halders, we need to sell players to reduce the debt you keep wetting your pants about. Please be consistent!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree 100%.

Having witnessed Barr at CH against Falkirk I'm terrified of Webster leaving! I like Barr in midfield.

Webster is without doubt our best player. Can't stand the judas chat.

Have to say when Webster returned I was a bit unsure. Knew he was good but unsure of how to react to his return.

Now, however, I have to completely agree with this.

Thought Barr was one of the best players on the pitch against St Johnstone and has been a revelation since his midfield switch.

Snake Plissken

I'd rather keep him than accept a small offer.

That kind of experience and consistency is not easily replaced so better to have the services of one more season and see him go for nothing than to "cash in" and risk finishing lower in the table/going out the cups.

Webster our best centre half

1879f18e_e542_e1c6.jpg

Isn't it funny when people source pictures of t'internet to display their feelings!

Hope Webster stays... him and Zal are a good combination.

Sterling Archer

Isn't it funny when people source pictures of t'internet to display their feelings!

I happen to think so yes.

I agree completely with your second point too :)

hope both stay end off

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Agree 100%.

Having witnessed Barr at CH against Falkirk I'm terrified of Webster leaving! I like Barr in midfield.

Webster is without doubt our best player. Can't stand the judas chat.

It's perfectly justified, he acted like a judas prick. I have no problem with such chat... It's a separate issue though, he is quite clearly a very good player and would be a big loss to the side.

How exactly is it strange for people to still hold some resentment towards someone who royally shafted our club less than 6 years ago? And how exactly is that being a 'keyboard hard man' :lol:? How dare someone offer their opinion of someone on an internet forum eh.

offering an opinion is one thing, calling the guy Judas etc is not just offering an opinion its abuse towards the best player at Tynie at present

rossthejambo

offering an opinion is one thing, calling the guy Judas etc is not just offering an opinion its abuse towards the best player at Tynie at present

It is my opinion that he is a Judas because of the way he left the club last time.

How is that abuse? And he's not the best player at Tynie at present.

But Halders, we need to sell players to reduce the debt you keep wetting your pants about. Please be consistent!

Be sensible for once there has to be a balance, otherwise we get relegated and the finance situation worsens, come on man think about it :whistling:

It's perfectly justified, he acted like a judas prick. I have no problem with such chat... It's a separate issue though, he is quite clearly a very good player and would be a big loss to the side.

My memeory must be failing with my age - I seem to remember that Webster was offered a new contract and he turned it down, then Vlad interfered again and told the manager Webster wasn't allowed to play again. Webster eventually went to Wigan and then was sold on to Rangers and then full circle back to Hearts. After getting prevented from playing by Vlad and his childish behaviour I don't see where Webster went wrong

It is my opinion that he is a Judas because of the way he left the club last time.

calling someone Judas is abusive

Ok Webster is one of the best players at Tynie at present, him and Temps

Some real nonsense on this thread!!

I hope both Zal and Webster are here to the end of this season - what happens after that - well we'll see.

At present we have one of the best defensive set ups in the SPL. Why would anyone like to see that change?

rossthejambo

calling someone Judas is abusive

Ok Webster is one of the best players at Tynie at present, him and Temps

:lol:

More nonsense.

No doubt the 'Webster judas' posters will say the same of Jean-Marc Bosman and his freedom of contract case .... or will they ?

rossthejambo

No doubt the 'Webster judas' posters will say the same of Jean-Marc Bosman and his freedom of contract case .... or will they ?

I cannot wait to hear how Jean-Marc Bosman screwed Hearts over....

Sterling Archer

Hi Big Halders

zaliglassgifhgh.gif

I cannot wait to hear how Jean-Marc Bosman screwed Hearts over....

Well if you can't work that out and the connection then whats the point.

So Who is the best player at Tynie at present ? :ermm:

Webster by a country mile, strolls games, marshalls the defence, has an eye for the game like nobody else in the squad...!

Personally I hope he stays as he's a good player and (imo) our best defender.

He's still a judas **** though.

Zaliukas is better than Webster, more vital to our team and would be missed more if he left.

Hopefully none of them leave.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Be sensible for once there has to be a balance, otherwise we get relegated and the finance situation worsens, come on man think about it :whistling:

If he is sold (which he won't be), we won't be relegated.

Zaliukas is better than Webster, more vital to our team and would be missed more if he left.

Hopefully none of them leave.

not+sure+if+serious+_a3c87850b858e3bdd7d16ee8dcf5c0ea.jpeg

Some hearts fans have short memories, webster is a judas prick who bumped this club out of millions. Decent player at SPL level but if he does go hopefully he wont be back again.

Sterling Archer

So Who is the best player at Tynie at present ? :ermm:

Webster by a country mile, strolls games, marshalls the defence, has an eye for the game like nobody else in the squad...!

It's clearly Zaliukas. There shouldn't even be a debate about this anymore. :ermm:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Personally I hope he stays as he's a good player and (imo) our best defender.

He's still a judas **** though.

:thumbsup:

Some hearts fans have short memories, webster is a judas prick who bumped this club out of millions. Decent player at SPL level but if he does go hopefully he wont be back again.

Who is this person that speaks to me as though I needed his advice?

rossthejambo

It's clearly Zaliukas. There shouldn't even be a debate about this anymore. :ermm:

You'd have thought so, specially after when Zal left the game on Saturday we threw a 2 goal lead, but some just can't see past the fact he's a Liff.

Funny really that they're happy to accept Webster's judas tendencies but Zal who has had no such problems with anyone at the club is still not afforded such luxuries.

Zal is better than webster ?

Nowt against Liths, but Zal is still bombscare material, great cup winning captain or not.

If webster did leave, Zal would be found out more often than he is at the moment.

Together, they are pretty solid, apart not so good... a bit like Ant N Dec, Richard N judy, Sooty n Sweep !

Clerry Jambo

You'd have thought so, specially after when Zal left the game on Saturday we threw a 2 goal lead, but some just can't see past the fact he's a Liff.

Funny really that they're happy to accept Webster's judas tendencies but Zal who has had no such problems with anyone at the club is still not afforded such luxuries.

Do you really believe that :woot:

Webby may have Judas tendancies but Captain Zal has "switched off" tendancies over the period.

I will say though that he has been far more consistent of late and long that may continue

rossthejambo

Do you really believe that :woot:

Webby may have Judas tendancies but Captain Zal has "switched off" tendancies over the period.

I will say though that he has been far more consistent of late and long that may continue

Why wouldn't I, Clerry?

What period is this? Over the last year? Or 2/3 years ago? Your last sentence is exactly right, yet people are quick enough to come out with the "bombscare" patter like it's going out of fashion as if he's been consistently at it. He's lost that side of the game and he's one of the best CB's in the SPL, without doubt.

I concur with what was said above, if Webster had gone off injured on Saturday I don't doubt we'd have won the game.

Why wouldn't I, Clerry?

What period is this? Over the last year? Or 2/3 years ago? Your last sentence is exactly right, yet people are quick enough to come out with the "bombscare" patter like it's going out of fashion as if he's been consistently at it. He's lost that side of the game and he's one of the best CB's in the SPL, without doubt.

I concur with what was said above, if Webster had gone off injured on Saturday I don't doubt we'd have won the game.

Nobody is coming out quickly with the "bombscare" patter ! Yes, Zal has been a lot more solid of late...can you tell me that would be the case if he wasnt partnered in defence by Webster ?

Plenty folk hold their breaths when Zal is at the back and in a bit of trouble, however up until now he has gotten away with it, long may it continue !

rossthejambo

Nobody is coming out quickly with the "bombscare" patter ! Yes, Zal has been a lot more solid of late...can you tell me that would be the case if he wasnt partnered in defence by Webster ?

Plenty folk hold their breaths when Zal is at the back and in a bit of trouble, however up until now he has gotten away with it, long may it continue !

:lol: It's funny seeing as you literally just said he was bombscare material. COULDN'T MAKE IT UP!

Yes I can say that, would Webster be able to "stroll" the games quite so efficiently without Zal being there mopping up for him? No.

Plenty folk who hold their breaths are arseholes.

:lol: It's funny seeing as you literally just said he was bombscare material. COULDN'T MAKE IT UP!

Yes I can say that, would Webster be able to "stroll" the games quite so efficiently without Zal being there mopping up for him? No.

Read what i wrote !

The word QUICK was mentioned....i didnt say that Bombscare wasnt said, just not QUICKLY ! although not quite as QUICKLY as you spitting the dummy and taking a pop at somebody who see's things differently !

So, just to clarify, JKB is ok for opinions unless they dont match your opinion's then Ross ? Correct ? Otherwise, anyone who dares to differ is an arsehole ?

Maybe you should hold your breath, count to ten and then let that breath out slowly...Calm down and carry on..or something

If Webster had been injured last week rather than Zal, we would have won :thumbsup:

You can't possibly say that!

Drewjambobusby

To the original point . I agree there should be no debate about this anymore. Webster is best by a mile. They are a good partnership, but do not think it is a coincidence, that Zaluikas has got better i.e less of a bombscare since Webster and him gelled. Webster is a far superior player.

rossthejambo

Read what i wrote !

The word QUICK was mentioned....i didnt say that Bombscare wasnt said, just not QUICKLY ! although not quite as QUICKLY as you spitting the dummy and taking a pop at somebody who see's things differently !

So, just to clarify, JKB is ok for opinions unless they dont match your opinion's then Ross ? Correct ? Otherwise, anyone who dares to differ is an arsehole ?

Maybe you should hold your breath, count to ten and then let that breath out slowly...Calm down and carry on..or something

So they are coming out with the bombscare patter then? Glad we cleared that up.

I'm a grown adult so have no use for dummys so have not spat one out recently, but not a problem though.

You've clarified things perfectly, thanks for that :thumbsup:

Perfectly calm, it's only a few words on a computer screen after all.

Sterling Archer

When Webster left and Zal was on his own for a period last weekend we lost two goals didn't we...?

Oh wait. :ermm:

So they are coming out with the bombscare patter then? Glad we cleared that up.

I'm a grown adult so have no use for dummys so have not spat one out recently, but not a problem though.

You've clarified things perfectly, thanks for that :thumbsup:

Perfectly calm, it's only a few words on a computer screen after all.

Nice to see the lack of nasty sweary words in this post too :thumbsup:

Agree to disagree, its the way forward !

:P

Webster is a quality football player with an excellent footballing brain. He undestands football and can read a game very well.

Zal is a reasonable football player with a poor footballing brain. He undestands how to play football but is poor at reading a game.

rossthejambo

Webster is a quality football player with an excellent footballing brain. He undestands football and can read a game very well.

Zal is a reasonable football player with a poor footballing brain. He undestands how to play football but is poor at reading a game.

If the first bit were true, he'd not be at the club, and we wouldn't have drawn on Saturday.

If the second bit were true, Zal wouldn't be winning MOTM in games like the cup semi final or the Hibs game, or other games of that magnitude and he sure as hell wouldn't be able to clean up after Webster's wayward passes would he? :whistling:

Wrong.

Zal's reading of the game is excellent.

His lack of concentration, usually on the ball, is all that's ever let him down. It's a discipline thing, not an ability/understanding thing.

Webster has been great for him - Webster is a talker, a leader, and Zal has noticeably cut down on the gaffs since their partnership has really taken hold.

Some people don't know they're blessed. We've got 2 very good quality centre halves at our club - disproportionately good compared to our wage structure/circumstances. Just enjoy and be thankful.

If we sell one or both, lets hope we get good money as we won't be replacing them any time soon with anything near similar quality unless we're very very lucky.

The People's Chimp

Nowt against Liths, but Zal is still bombscare material, great cup winning captain or not.

Nobody is coming out quickly with the "bombscare" patter !

rolleyes.gif

Archived