Has RR Got a Point ?

Guest GhostHunter

It is easy to say a ref cost you 15pts over a season who knows they probably did only thing is every other team in the league has just a legitimate case as Hearts and probably if they look back over the course of a season they too could have lost 15pts from bad decisions.So as the old saying goes it evens itself out except when the Old Firm are concerned.

Where do WE figure in the title race?

We all know the refs are pish/biased.

We need to make sure that they are irrelevant.

By beating teams at playing football.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

We need to avoid this now as it is cleverly trying to deflect from the real issues at Hearts.

We all know what goes on in Scotland.

RR is using Mugabe/Hitler/Stalin type appeal to masses in the lowest form propaganda. (British Colonialism/Jews/Kulaks/anti-party elements etc)

Dexter, was there any need for this thread?

Are you turning again?

Boring, mate.

Gigolo-Aunt

The problems at Hearts are much closer to home than the nasty SFA and those pesky Ref's.

Once your own house is in order RR, you can have a pop at others.

How many other teams could say the ref has cost us 15 points this season?

It is no excuse for the games we have lost. 5-0 celtic park was not the reff that was the quality of the team on that day!

4-2 against rangers, the ref did not give us any of they goals to win that game we got them through work and determination. we lack consistency and work rate and the general gusience of an accomplished manager!

almost every other team in the spl could claim points lost through referees!

I do not buy it!

We need to avoid this now as it is cleverly trying to deflect from the real issues at Hearts.

RR is using Mugabe/Hitler/Stalin type appeal to masses in the lowest form propaganda. (British Colonialism/Jews/Kulaks/anti-party elements etc)

Are you turning again?

Boring, mate.

It may bore you but it is generally understood throughout Scotland.

Fans of ALL clubs apart from the Glasgow two will tell you they never get a fair crack of the whip against them. The stone wall decisions all become dubious, the tenuous at best decisions that always go against you. It has happened for years, it will NEVER change.

The part that Roman got wrong (IMO) is we do not get any worse a run of it than ICT, Falkirk, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United etc, etc.

If we are not to debate anything other than the core issue of our club, then we could just change the Terrace to a one thread site.

Fans of ALL clubs apart from the Glasgow two will tell you they never get a fair crack of the whip against them. The stone wall decisions all become dubious, the tenuous at best decisions that always go against you. It has happened for years, it will NEVER change.

The part that Roman got wrong (IMO) is we do not get any worse a run of it than ICT, Falkirk, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United etc, etc.

If we are not to debate anything other than the core issue of our club, then we could just change the Terrace to a one thread site.

So, in RR's eyes, we would have 15 pts more, but so would everyone else, so.......we'd still be 7th yeah?

Guest GhostHunter

Are you turning again?

Boring, mate.

Jeezo...

Wasn't aware that there are now Thread Police on this board.

:eek:

Must remember to only post relevant threads in the future.

So, in RR's eyes, we would have 15 pts more, but so would everyone else, so.......we'd still be 7th yeah?

Agreed. Referees have not had a huge effect on our season IMO. Certainly no more than on any club other than the Glasgow two.

Jeezo...

Wasn't aware that there are now Thread Police on this board.

:eek:

Must remember to only post relevant threads in the future.

Yes, make them relevant. Could you also instill some integrity in them too please?

Thanks in advance,

JKB Thread Policeman 4

Guest GhostHunter
Yes, make them relevant. Could you also instill some integrity in them too please?

Thanks in advance,

JKB Thread Policeman 4

I've duly infracted my ass for posting inane drivel and pish.

1 more point and I'm suspended.

Oops

Drylaw Hearts
I've duly infracted my ass for posting inane drivel and pish.

1 more point and I'm suspended.

Oops

Well before you go......

Could you please tell us if the JKB'ers who've admitted they voted wrongly on the RR Poll can have their vote altered ?

If you vist the thread you'll understand what I'm referring too.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11985

You may even decide to cast a vote whilst you're there.

:)

Guest GhostHunter
Well before you go......

Could you please tell us if the JKB'ers who've admitted they voted wrongly on the RR Poll can have their vote altered ?

If you vist the thread you'll understand what I'm referring too.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11985

You may even decide to cast a vote whilst you're there.

:)

Apparantly, I cant vote as I have been outed as one who posts irrelevant drivel.

Woh! Over the top. Brines made a mistake end of, nothing to do with bias etc etc. If we are seriously suggesting something untoward about our refs then thats a big problem. Not defending Brines or anyone of the refs who I think are poor these days but must be hard when 60,000 people scream penalty for example. Anyone on here never made a mistake in their working life well done to you. Possibly Dexter on a wee wind up with this one? ;)

Drylaw Hearts
Apparantly, I cant vote as I have been outed as one who posts irrelevant drivel.

I'm sure you could manage to vote if you really wanted.

And what about those posters who voted Yes in error - can their vote be altered ?

The Old Tolbooth

RR was an arse with his comments last Friday, for anyone who was there and witnessed it then they will know for themselves just how cringeworthy it really was, for anyone that wasn't there, I can understand why they might think he was correct in what he said because they didn't see the pure arrogance of the man, and the sheer embarassment of CO sitting next to him.

As for the Brines decision, the whistle went BEFORE Diamond put the ball in the net and the smeltic defenders stopped playig because they played to the whistle.

Had the whistle not went, and their players had not stopped in their tracks, would he still have scored? Probably not, but it's difficult to say.

Cheating...?? We'll never know.

I think what it dopes show is the incompetency of refs in this league. The standard is atrocious and goes unpunished week in week out.

I'm starting to think that actually, refs don't purposely favour the OF but subconcioulsy question every decision against them as the ramifications of either of them failing is bult up to be something it shouldn't.

Add to that the re-scheduling of games to avoid public disorder and you start to get a picture.

Guest GhostHunter
I'm sure you could manage to vote if you really wanted.

And what about those posters who voted Yes in error - can their vote be altered ?

That would be unethical and morally wrong.

You Click, You Vote.

:oopsoops:

Drylaw Hearts
That would be unethical and morally wrong.

You Click, You Vote.

:oopsoops:

Thanks for the response.

Cheating...?? We'll never know.

I think what it dopes show is the incompetency of refs in this league. The standard is atrocious and goes unpunished week in week out.

I'm starting to think that actually, refs don't purposely favour the OF but subconcioulsy question every decision against them as the ramifications of either of them failing is bult up to be something it shouldn't.

Add to that the re-scheduling of games to avoid public disorder and you start to get a picture.

This picture?

3z24fmp.jpg

The Old Tolbooth

I actually hope that decision at Parkhead costs Rangers the league, I'm still bitter over the GFA handing them the league when Andy Davies awarded THAT penalty!

I dont have a preference for either of them, I just hope that if one of them suffers, then it's really bad.

Drylaw Hearts

I dont have a preference for either of them, I just hope that if one of them suffers, then it's really bad.

My thoughts also.

Drew Busby !

It's possible to focus entirely on the problems of the club being down to the Romanovs and the structure they've created here. It's also possible to be similtaneously aware that the Scottish game - to a degree - is bent, and that we and all non-old firm SPL clubs suffer from that.

I don't believe for one second that WE'VE been denied 15 points this year. RR absurdly overstated his case in making that claim. But it would be in the ballpark to say that rantic pick up 10-15 points per campaign that they don't merit.

Dr. Bapswent

But, in the context of this season. Potentially 3 points cost by a ref could have secured us a top 6 finish.

I think RRs point appeared to be - we were partly or mostly in the position we are in because we are being screwed by refs

RR did not have a point

We are in the position we are in because his dad is a ****

I have a point, Roland Rat doesnt

Oh and how many points did selling Velicka in the run up to us trying to get into the top 6 cost us

What a ****

Drylaw Hearts
It's possible to focus entirely on the problems of the club being down to the Romanovs and the structure they've created here. It's also possible to be similtaneously aware that the Scottish game - to a degree - is bent, and that we and all non-old firm SPL clubs suffer from that.

I don't believe for one second that WE'VE been denied 15 points this year. RR absurdly overstated his case in making that claim. But it would be in the ballpark to say that rantic pick up 10-15 points per campaign that they don't merit.

I'm sure there will have been games were we have won points we didn't merit because of a Refereeing error.

And I'm sure all the other teams would probably admit the same.

Seymour M Hersh

Absolutely correct BH. Scottish football has been bent in favour of the infirm for the last 50 years. And for those who say discussing this subject is just an attempt to deflect from the issues at Tynecastle is pure tosh. It's not a case of trying to blame refs for our poor league form it's discussing a real and obvious cancer within Scottish football!

But, in the context of this season. Potentially 3 points cost by a ref could have secured us a top 6 finish.

And equally, potentially 3 points gifted to us by a ref could have evened out any that were denied us.

Drylaw Hearts
Absolutely correct BH. Scottish football has been bent in favour of the infirm for the last 50 years. And for those who say discussing this subject is just an attempt to deflect from the issues at Tynecastle is pure tosh. It's not a case of trying to blame refs for our poor league form it's discussing a real and obvious cancer within Scottish football!

I can't recall anyone discussing this 'obvious cancer' when we went 12 matches undefeated in 2005.

Or 31 matches undefeated in 85/86.

Of course he's got a point, it's hardly news that the refs are biased.

But wait, our team's run by a bit of a fool, so the ref's and the SFA are now faultless. That's the party line now is it?

Dr. Bapswent
I can't recall anyone discussing this 'obvious cancer' when we went 12 matches undefeated in 2005.

Very true.

But it seems that we have to beat 12 men each game these days.

And when you do that, even the ref's influence cant sway that.

Maybe in our 'glory days' of 2005, thats exactly what we did, even without the ref.

Guest GhostHunter

I think I'll rename this thread.

"RR doesn't have a point, we're run by idiots, we're rubbish, but, the SFA are still bent".

That better ?

:D

Drylaw Hearts
Very true.

Maybe in our 'glory days' of 2005, thats exactly what we did, even without the ref.

Paranoia is setting in.

I wonder if St Mirren feel they played against 12 men on Saturday ?

I think EJ handled the ball just before he scored and so did several of the St Mirren players.

How many matches have you left this Season think the Ref cost us the game ?

I think I'll rename this thread.

"RR doesn't have a point, we're run by idiots, we're rubbish, but, the SFA are still bent".

That better ?

:D

Thats probably about right

Guest JamboRobbo
Very true.

I'm sure St Mirren feel exactly the same. Just like every other team in the world does.

I don't think RR had such a strong point that he could hang his coat on it as he foolishly tried to do. However if we can look at the ref issue in isolation, they clearly are not up to the task nowadays.........that's if they ever were in the past. The SFA cannot just bang on with the same 'respect' mantra we have heard since the 70s, when football on these shores perhaps really started to become a business, and they must become more proactive if they wish to remain an active part of the 'entertainment industry'

Brines put his hand up and fair play to him. We don't expect the guys to be superhuman and was it not the case, in the past, that Refs would award one team the 50/50s in the first half and then simply swap over in the second ?

I personally think we've had the rough end of the stick since Levein's run in with them and anyone who denies Miko's been 'picked on' wants to fly back to Mars where they belong. We've had perhaps two crucial decisions go our way in my 37 years of attending matches ...........and I don't think that really equates to 'swings and roundabouts' or things 'evening out' over the piece.

Anyway, if you're talking about tit for tat...........why does nobody mention Bjorkland's CLEAR foul on Robbo in the 96 LC final at Darkheid. That non-decision possibly turned the match in their favour that day ?

I hear cries of "it's just human nature" and "we've brought it on ourselves"

However the Refs are paid to arbitrate.........not give subjective views on an incident. Do we allow High court judges to convict a man simply because he looks like a dodgy geezer .........no we bloody well don't

OmiyaHearts

This is not the case, all fans INCLUDING the old firm feel they don't get a fair crack of the whip and complain of bias. Today all I'm hearing is Rangers fans moaning about Brines admitting his mistake for the Diamond goal and saying the refs are anti-gers. Previously its been celtic fans saying refs are pro-gers for not booking thomson or giving brown a penalty at the ibrox match.

To say the refs cost us 15pts is ludicrous, the Romanovs have cost us a lot more points than the most corrupt ref ever could.

Refs make mistakes every week.The famous one at partick when the ball hit the stantion and came out and the ref laughed and said no goal.(i think it was willie young).The hibs game at the weekend dodds handles the ball and hes the last man but he gets a yellow.Refs could look back at every game and see they made a mistake.Yes i think the old firm get decisions as did dundee utd and aberdeen when they were in their pomp(especially when mcleish and miller were reffing the games).The only way as has been pointed out already to ensure a win is to score more than them.I also hope celtic win the league as over the years rangers have had some unbelievable decisions going back to john mcdonald and mr mccoist.

It wont change and i bet betwen now and the end of the season that rangers and celtic will get the rub of the green(so to speak)when it comes to decsions.

Of course he's got a point, it's hardly news that the refs are biased.

But wait, our team's run by a bit of a fool, so the ref's and the SFA are now faultless. That's the party line now is it?

I get where you are coming from

Stances are clouding the argument a bit

I think the SFA is set up to provide as much "assistance" to the old firm as possible, particularly Rangers

I think teams regularly suffer at refereeing decisions to the benefit of the old firm.

I think there is some anti-hearts sentiment within the SFA, and I think that our Lithuanian players get some harsher treatment from refs than they deserve, however, I think all teams suffer from poor refereeing performances, not just Hearts

RRs point was not as clear and succinct as saying that there is a refereeing issue in Scotland though - it was a dont blame us blame the refs type comment, which is idiotic beyond contempt.

The reasons for our peshness / league standing this season in rough order of importance are:

1. The committee management set-up at the start of the season, Vlad's influence in that and the fact we do not have a competent manager in charge of the team - not only does this lead to team issues (see 4) I am firmly of the view is was mostly to blame for discipline and morale issues with the players

2. Pre-season shambles under the control of Malofeev

3. Flawed player recruitment over the past 24 months, in particular last close season

4. Squad rotation / lack of meritocracy of player selection

5. Selling Velicka at a key season time

6. We have possibly lost a few points this season as a result of reffing decisions - as have most other teams (so not sure if the net point loss we have suffered is any worse or better than any other team could argue)

Cretinov is responsible for the first 5

And to all those squeezing the last puff of support for the Romanovs out of what must be withered lungs there is a strong argument to say that our last 2 cup wins were helped along the way by reffing decisions in our favour:

The Cameron Penalty

Aberdeen should have had a penalty at Tynie at 0-0

How many matches have you left this Season think the Ref cost us the game ?

Off the top of my head...............

Falkirk away...............coasting the game until ref decided to book our midfield and basically stopped them from tackling, he also booked a Falkirk player for an off the ball kick..............something Hearts players walk for*.

Utd game away...........even game until he decided to start waving red cards. Red cards that other teams do not get for the same offences*.

Gretna away.............in control of game until Stewart was sent packing for an offence that only seems to see Hearts players walking*.

Killie home.............Elliot sent of for 2 tackles, Nish gets away with 9 fouls*.

*As well as costing us points in those particular games it could also be argued that they cost us points in other games due to suspensions building up, suspensions that other teams don't have to suffer due to them not being treated the same way for the same offence.

The above is all my opinion. You only have to look back to threads after the majority of games this season to see what we thought of the referee.

PS. I am not 'blaming' the refs only for our poor season either but they have contributed to it.

Seymour M Hersh

Message to self, don't try to keep non anti Romanov thread's on topic. Its a waste of time.

Aye ok everyone believes they are hard done by. However there was a period when we were clearly being victimised. The Zal incident at Tannadice springs to mind. Going by the 'standard' set during the latest OF game, that was surely no more than handbags...........yet Zal walks. I'd also be interested to know when was the last time a penalty was awarded for an infringement in the box that didn't actually involve a goal scoring opportunity ?

Drylaw Hearts
Off the top of my head...............

Falkirk away...............coasting the game until ref decided to book our midfield and basically stopped them from tackling, he also booked a Falkirk player for an off the ball kick..............something Hearts players walk for*.

The only Hearts midfielder booked that day was Ruben and it was for leaving the pitch to celebrate a goal. BTW 2 Falkirk midfielders were booked though.

Utd game away...........even game until he decided to start waving red cards. Red cards that other teams do not get for the same offences*.

I have no complaints with any of the Red Cards. Infact I thought Stewart was lucky to be on the park as long as he was.

Gretna away.............in control of game until Stewart was sent packing for an offence that only seems to see Hearts players walking*.

A red card which should never have been. The players reaction was more to do with it though.

Killie home.............Elliot sent of for 2 tackles, Nish gets away with 9 fouls*.

Again Elliot deserved his card but I do not recall how many fouls Nish commited that day.

*As well as costing us points in those particular games it could also be argued that they cost us points in other games due to suspensions building up, suspensions that other teams don't have to suffer due to them not being treated the same way for the same offence.

The above is all my opinion. You only have to look back to threads after the majority of games this season to see what we thought of the referee.

PS. I am not 'blaming' the refs only for our poor season either but they have contributed to it.

Drylaw Hearts
Message to self, don't try to keep non anti Romanov thread's on topic. Its a waste of time.

My post was directly linked to you post.

I'm sure Stewart and Driver were booked in the Falkirk game.

Did you not think Wilkie deserved the same treatment as Zaliukas?

Seems to me though this season especially that we are not allowed (as per the rules) to raise our hands/touch another player but players from other teams (most noticeably Ferguson) are and get away with it.

Another example of poor inconsistent refereeing with a bias against Hearts is Dougie McDonald................sends of Hartley in the final for a wee flick at an opponent(who by the way hit out at Hartley first), yet the same ref in the St Johnstone / Rangers game at the weekend stood by and watched as a St.Johnstone player kicked out at a Rangers player off the ball.

Yeah it is a valid point.

BUT it is the fact he is using it as an excuse for our shocking season and shifting the blame from his father.

Roman/Vlad. It isn't the refs who have cost us a European or even top six finish. It is you.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Its done to death on JKB, we know it exists, and to my mind we keep going over the same old thing.

We have to get HEARTS house in order first and all energies should be in that direction.

The rest is a sideshow at the moment.

Archived