ST Phone Call From The Club

magicTs

Anybody else had a phone call from the club this afternoon asking if / when they will be renewing their ST(s) ??

Guest JamboRobbo
Anybody else had a phone call from the club this afternoon asking if / when they will be renewing their ST(s) ??

No. But I hope they try. They'll get an earful from me! Must be getting desperate.

Miller Jambo 60
No. But I hope they try. They'll get an earful from me! Must be getting desperate.

Cant wait.

Hope i am in a grumpy mood.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

What was their pitch?

One of the boys at work said he got a call yesterday...

The person said they wanted to find out why he hadn't renewed for next season yet... think they found out a few home truths about the team & goings-on down at Tynie... he tried to negotiate a discount for next year, but without success...

Wonder how many others will get calls before they give up...

Yes, I had a call just now. I didn't give them an earful but I did say that I wouldn't be getting a season ticket for 2008/09. When they asked why I told them that I didn't feel the club was being run in a proper manner.

Templeton Peck

No, but got a personal email asking for me to update my address so they can send me the renewal pack as it had been returned undelivered.

It was a bit of a dilemma if i should reply back or not.

Dalstonjambo

They probably won't call me, as it won't be a free local call! Plus it'd be a long call once they let me speak!

It certainly helped me get a few things off my chest, very theraputic indeed !! I suspect from the tone and the jist of the 'conversation' panic buttons are starting to be pressed.

I got the e-mail version and clicked on the reply option. Told them to get back to me about renewing, at the current 'discount' price of course, if and when we had appointed a manager of substance :)

portobellojambo1

Haven't has a phone call from the club. Have had three emails from them asking me if I am renewing. Two came from one of Hearts generic mailbox addresses, one from an employee, in return I responded to a mailbox address via the official website.

Received an initial reply indicating they have received my email and will come back to me in due course.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

If they email, just reply with this:

The Board of Heart of Midlothian Football Club (Hearts) has begun the search for a football manager to fill the current vacant post at Tynecastle.

The manager, who will have full responsibility for team selection, will be an experienced football manager and will preferably have experience of management in British football.

The new manager will work with sport director Anatoly Korobochka and assistant head coach Stephen Frail.

In the interim Stephen Frail will assume the "caretaker manager" role at Hearts with full responsibility for team selection and coaching of the first team squad.

The Board of Directors of Hearts acknowledges it is not acceptable for Hearts to be in its current position in the league.

The new manager's task will be to drive the club forward on the playing side to fulfill the club's ambitions.

The move by the Board of Directors has the full backing of Hearts majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov.

Really feel for the poor souls making the calls.

They should get RR to do it, sounds about his level... infact scrap that he's not good enuff to carry out such a task.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

They have got some fecking nerve I'll give them that.

Sadly the person on the other end of the phone is in no way responsible for our season so it's not really worth having a go.

Can't recall them phoning round last season?

Maybe Romanov might get a wee surprise this year.

portobellojambo1

They should get RR to do it, sounds about his level... infact scrap that he's not good enuff to carry out such a task.

That is why I emailed the mailbox rather than an individual Kenny. The people making the phone calls, sending out the emails, the ST literature etc., are not the root cause of the problems at Tynecastle, and I feel loathe to turn on them in any way.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Those poor souls must know the game's up. They know they're going to get pelters.

That is why I emailed the mailbox rather than an individual Kenny. The people making the phone calls, sending out the emails, the ST literature etc., are not the root cause of the problems at Tynecastle, and I feel loathe to turn on them in any way.

Correct, no point shooting the messenger.

Guest JamboRobbo

Now that is a plan. And I was only joking when I said they'd get an earful from me - I know as well as anyone it ain't the fault of the folks on the phones.

What was their pitch?

I explained my stance : that I will not renew my long standing ST unless an appropriate manager is appointed and that I am willing to take the hit of paying for a more expensive ST until this happened. If it was not forthcoming and we found that the 'January Statement' was a further lie then regrettably I would not be renewing and would simply pick and choose my matches.

It was obvious from the response I received that was far from the first call that had gone down this line but I was told that the expectation and "hope" was that a new manager would be in place. I was asked if I had watched Fedotovas interview (which I have) and it was claimed that the piece had always been planned (total bollocks imo) and that it gave a much better story of where the club was headed. I suggested Fedotovas would have been a far better person to have led the AGM which I attended than RR and this was actually agreed with !!

All in all there is some serious fire fighting going on at Tynecastle and certainly the people involved within the club on a daily basis are becoming more and more aware of the apathy, resentment and downright anger throughout much of the support. Sadly they aren't the people who matter.

Anyway, on the OP. I think if people get contacted they should just respond with when are we getting a manager with full automy over the first team?

My main point by far and the single thing that will persuade me to once again renew. Without that happening I won't have a ST next season.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
I explained my stance : that I will not renew my long standing ST unless an appropriate manager is appointed and that I am willing to take the hit of paying for a more expensive ST until this happended. If it was not forthcoming and we found that the 'January Statement' was a further lie then regrettably I would not be renewing and would simply pick and choose my matches.

It was obvious from the response I received that was far from the first call that had gone down this line but I was told that the expectation and "hope" was that a new manager would be in place. I was asked if I had watched Fedotovas interview (which I have) and it was claimed that the piece had always been planned (total bollocks imo) and that it gave a much better story of where the club was headed. I suggested Fedotovas would have been a far better person to have led the AGM, which I attended than RR and this was actualy agreed with !!

All in all there is some serious fire fighting going on at Tynecastle and certainly the people involved within the club on a daily basis are becoming more and more aware of the apathy, resentment and downright anger throughout much of the support. Sadly they aren't the people who matter.

Feck me, they actually directed you to the Fedotovas interview! They're seriously desperate.

As folk have said, those doing the phoning aren't the ones to have a go at so if you can manage to remain calm and civil in your responses that ought to have as much, if not more impact once the information gets passed up the way.

I explained my stance : that I will not renew my long standing ST unless an appropriate manager is appointed and that I am willing to take the hit of paying for a more expensive ST until this happened. If it was not forthcoming and we found that the 'January Statement' was a further lie then regrettably I would not be renewing and would simply pick and choose my matches.

It was obvious from the response I received that was far from the first call that had gone down this line but I was told that the expectation and "hope" was that a new manager would be in place. I was asked if I had watched Fedotovas interview (which I have) and it was claimed that the piece had always been planned (total bollocks imo) and that it gave a much better story of where the club was headed. I suggested Fedotovas would have been a far better person to have led the AGM, which I attended than RR and this was actualy agreed with !!

Quite surprised they agreed about the AGM comment, I would have thought they would have been warned before hand to keep a strong front when talking to supporters.

Saying that, they are most likely Jambos as well so will have much the same opinion as us.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

This is all absolutely fascinating as Mr Spock would say.

And utterly amazing!!

If I am called I would never take it out on the poor soul making the call (I have been there myself) but I would give a reasoned response as to why I wont be renewing.

This is definitley good news.

As Gene Hackman said in "MIssissippi Burning":

The Rattlesnakes are beginning to commit suicide!!!

I was on the Lloyd Cole in 2000 and did this for Hearts for 2-3 weeks.

Got ?6 an hour and a free ST.

Some of the abuse about the Pieman would have made a sailor blush. Brillant stuff - problem was I couldn't help but agree with most of them.

Take up rate was higher than you would have imagined - people were that shocked that you had their home phone number and could pay by visa that before you could say 'Wheatfield Stand' they were signed up. Used the line 'You don't want these James Hunts from Leith selling more than us do you... do you!!!'.

However 2000 were different days. We just got in Europe on the back of beating the s.c.u.m so people were on a wee bit of a high.

Feck me, they actually directed you to the Fedotovas interview! They're seriously desperate.

Oh yes, that was where I was to find enlightenment and to rediscover my belief and trust in all things Hearts, instantly feeling the need to renew my ST and forget about the sick joke that has been the last 2 years.

As folk have said, those doing the phoning aren't the ones to have a go at so if you can manage to remain calm and civil in your responses that ought to have as much, if not more impact once the information gets passed up the way.

Absolutely agree, indeed fair play to the guy who called me who was receptive to my opinions and clearly understood and indeed probably agreed with my sentiments. I think that many within the club, people who actually care about it's future like us know full well the battle they face getting bums on seats given the maniac in charge.

The problem, I repeat is that they have as little power to enforce change as we do.

It was obvious from the response I received that was far from the first call that had gone down this line but I was told that the expectation and "hope" was that a new manager would be in place. I was asked if I had watched Fedotovas interview (which I have) and it was claimed that the piece had always been planned (total bollocks imo) and that it gave a much better story of where the club was headed. I suggested Fedotovas would have been a far better person to have led the AGM which I attended than RR and this was actually agreed with !!

Much like other posters, I am astonished at that.

Bad that they feel the need to start cold calling previous season ticket holders four weeks before the season ends.

Worse that they KNOW what our issues are and have a pre-determined answer for it. ANYBODY that states that abstaining from ST purchase does nothing should read this thread.

This is the most positive news to come out of the club since 1/1/08 IMO.

Quite surprised they agreed about the AGM comment, I would have thought they would have been warned before hand to keep a strong front when talking to supporters.

Saying that, they are most likely Jambos as well so will have much the same opinion as us.

From what I have gathered since the AGM finished it would have been superb being a fly on the wall at Tynecastle Friday PM !!

Feck me

They are desperate

Personal phone calls and emails

And people suggested that not renewing would have no effect....

As I have always said even if you cant bear not having a season ticket just delaying your purchase will have an impact.

The best way, if you can afford it and you want things to change, remains to not go, or go on a game by game basis

Encouraging stuff...

....apart from the fact that someone at the club is presuming that we are continuing to fall for the pre-scripted spin being served up by the club

Bad that they feel the need to start cold calling previous season ticket holders four weeks before the season ends.

Worse that they KNOW what our issues are and have a pre-determined answer for it. ANYBODY that states that abstaining from ST purchase does nothing should read this thread.

:Agree::Agree:

Absolutely me old mucker.....

winston churchill
I was on the Lloyd Cole in 2000 and did this for Hearts for 2-3 weeks.

Got ?6 an hour and a free ST.

Some of the abuse about the Pieman would have made a sailor blush. Brillant stuff - problem was I couldn't help but agree with most of them.

Take up rate was higher than you would have imagined - people were that shocked that you had their home phone number and could pay by visa that before you could say 'Wheatfield Stand' they were signed up. Used the line 'You don't want these James Hunts from Leith selling more than us do you... do you!!!'.

However 2000 were different days. We just got in Europe on the back of beating the s.c.u.m so people were on a wee bit of a high.

so that was you then:)

If I am called I would never take it out on the poor soul making the call (I have been there myself) but I would give a reasoned response as to why I wont be renewing.

This is definitley good news.

I think it shows that the 'minnions' within the club have never been doing their job better and of course that is a great irony. Off the field many things have never been in better hands and certain people deserve great credit and praise for that.

The problem I forsee is that the various departments are probably making calls such as these off their own back but much like on the field will no doubt have their collective hands tied and will not be listened too.

Agreed, you certainly cant say that the club are unaware of the current climate when they are actively banging on doors already.

Can anyone who gets a call tomorrow or whenever PLEASE ask them if the take-up rate (or rather lack of it) of the phone marketing is being noted down and reported back to the Romaknobs. Would love to know out of interest.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Feck me

They are desperate

Personal phone calls and emails

And people suggested that not renewing would have no effect....

As I have always said even if you cant bear not having a season ticket just delaying your purchase will have an impact.

The best way, if you can afford it and you want things to change, remains to not go, or go on a game by game basis

Encouraging stuff...

....apart from the fact that someone at the club is presuming that we are continuing to fall for the pre-scripted spin being served up by the club

Spot one.

Even if people who know they are definitely going to renew simply say "I'll think about it" for a few weeks it might get them panicking.

The Comedian
Spot one.

Even if people who know they are definitely going to renew simply say "I'll think about it" for a few weeks it might get them panicking.

Sounds like they already are. Sound desperate even.

:closedeyes:

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Spot one.

It will take more than that.

People NOT RENEWING regardless is the message we need to send.

Change or non renewal. That is the choice.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
It will take more than that.

People NOT RENEWING regardless is the message we need to send.

Change or non renewal. That is the choice.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree. I just know, realistically, that tonnes of people will still buy season tickets. If all of those people held off until the last minute, making the owners sweat a bit, it will make the impact from the non-renewers even greater.

Rather than everyone on this thread gettng a 'collective' biffo about not buying a ST and making the club take notice surely the best effect would be for someone to organise a delivery to Tynie of all ST renewal forms returned.

Surely a symbolic presentation of say 2,000 returned blank renewal forms in 1 high profile delivery with decent press coverage etc.... is a better method to get the message across.

A mailbox would not be too difficult to organise.

Count me out - Ive already renewed. :)

Rather than everyone on this thread gettng a 'collective' biffo about not buying a ST and making the club take notice surely the best effect would be for someone to organise a delivery to Tynie of all ST renewal forms returned.

Surely a symbolic presentation of say 2,000 returned blank renewal forms in 1 high profile delivery with decent press coverage etc.... is a better method to get the message across.

A mailbox would not be too difficult to organise.

Count me out - Ive already renewed. :)

That is actually an excellent idea.

I've renewed but it would certainly make an impact.

awadooningorgie2

[

Is it not actually disgusting that we have been crying out for communication for 3 years now and they think they can pop a quick interview up on the website and all will be rosy again.

How about a weekly update what the hell is going on and it might seem like they really care.

And to refer to it in this way as if all that is needed is to watch this and all will be fine. :evilno:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
That is actually an excellent idea.

I've renewed but it would certainly make an impact.

It's not really that great an idea. Also, if one were being cynical, it might have been suggested just so that anybody who was that way inclined could belittle any subsequent action or inaction as not enough, or claim dissenters were all mouth and no action.:cool:

Archived