Crying

Radioactive Mince

Radioactive Mince

When was the last time you cried and why? I don't just mean that wee choked feeling and the trickle of tear at the end of Marley & Me, I'm on about proper unadulterated, uncontrollable :sob: :sob: :sob:

It hadn't happened to me for ages, too long to recall, when the other week I was posting a wee tribute on FB to some pals of mine who died in 2002. I stupidly posted a music video (Not Nineteen Forever - Courteneers as my pals were 19 when they died).

Well, it sorta just happened, I cried for about five minutes solid after I watched the video, even though it was me who posted it. I felt really guilty that I'd made it another decade and got married, had kids etc while my pals never had that chance.

This is something different from the tears of joy I shed on 19/05/12.

Tell me your crying stories please. Let's heal each other.

Bert Le Clos

Cried this morning with Grainger won gold.

Cried yesterday when Hoy won gold.

I'm a sucker for the Olympics.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

About 10 years ago, anything could happen to me and I seriously can't cry. Emotionally crippled.

But see when a Brit wins gold, **** me I'm holding back the tears.

Radioactive Mince

About 10 years ago, anything could happen to me and I seriously can't cry. Emotionally crippled.

That's what I thought about myself. Be vigilant, Alan.

Be vigilant.

ps - This thread was a guaranteed car-crash, what was I thinking. Kickback's worst poster is already here FFS.

This afternoon doubled over with stomach cramps. Lay in bed clutching my hot water bottle sobbing like a wee girl...god knows what I'll be like if I ever have to give birth...lowest pain threshold ever :lol:

Other than that, last week at some point I think. I'm definitely a crier.

Radioactive Mince

This afternoon doubled over with stomach cramps. Lay in bed clutching my hot water bottle sobbing like a wee girl...god knows what I'll be like if I ever have to give birth...lowest pain threshold ever :lol:

Other than that, last week at some point I think. I'm definitely a crier.

:laugh:

We don't take kindly to you folks around here.

pitchfork-mob1.jpg

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Be vigilant.

ps - This thread was a guaranteed car-crash, what was I thinking. Kickback's worst poster is already here FFS.

What a bizarre attack.

I'm not crying though.

heartsfc_fan

I cried when I proposed to my bursd on Xmas eve 2011 (don't worry we're still together :thumbsup:)

Since then I haven't properly 'flooded' myself. Had a wee tear when we lifted the cup however.

shaun.lawson

Be vigilant.

No he's not. He is now though. :teehee:

Mr Partridge is, for the record, Kickback's BEST poster, and has been for quite some time now. Meanwhile, the last time I cried? It was on Wednesday when Uruguay got knocked out about a year and a half ago now actually. I cried for fully 5 minutes - but with no tears. Weird. :unsure:

Radioactive Mince

Mr Partridge is, for the record, Kickback's BEST poster, and has been for quite some time now. Meanwhile, the last time I cried? It was on Wednesday when Uruguay got knocked out about a year and a half ago now actually. I cried for fully 5 minutes - but with no tears. Weird. :unsure:

I didn't mean Alan. I didn't mean anybody really but certainly not Alan. i just like messing with your minds, like when I say "Acey's back so why can't we have Doug" etc. Gets everyone all excited.

Anyway, you're a nippy ******* sometimes Shaun but not the worst poster. You're doing it wrong... Why did you cry, Shaun?

ps - Why is AP the BEST poster, in your opinion, and when did he become so? I don't mind him, but cannot recall anything of such epic, epicness.

EDIT: Shaun, please tell me you didn't really cry about Uruguay on Wednesday :unsure:

Radioactive Mince

I cried when I proposed to my bursd on Xmas eve 2011 (don't worry we're still together :thumbsup:)

Since then I haven't properly 'flooded' myself. Had a wee tear when we lifted the cup however.

You'll never know how justified that one was. Well, not for a couple of years.

:pissy:

shaun.lawson

I didn't mean Alan. I didn't mean anybody really but certainly not Alan. i just like messing with your minds, like when I say "Acey's back so why can't we have Doug" etc. Gets everyone all excited.

Anyway, you're a nippy ******* sometimes Shaun but not the worst poster. You're doing it wrong... Why did you cry, Shaun?

ps - Why is AP the BEST poster, in your opinion, and when did he become so? I don't mind him, but cannot recall anything of such epic, epicness.

1. Because he consistently speaks sense.

2. Because he refuses to take this place remotely seriously.

3. Because he's seriously knowledgeable.

4. Because he's an optimist. And there are too few of those in this place at times.

Why did I cry? Because I had my heart broken. :( Yet after those 5 tearless minutes, I was then completely fine again. All very curious.

EDIT. What do you think?! :lol:

scott_jambo

4. Because he's an optimist. And there are too few of those in this place at times.

Why did I cry? Because I had my heart broken. :( Yet after those 5 tearless minutes, I was then completely fine again. All very curious.

EDIT. What do you think?! :lol:

Was that the American lady?

Anyway, Radioactive Mince has improved as a poster since he stopped signing off every post with "mince".

Mince.

Radioactive Mince

:rofl: @ your sterling rimming skills.

There's me looking at AP's posts thinking "WUM" every time I read them. Just shows you what I know. He must be knowledgeable enough though - I find myself agreeing a lot of the time.

So, there were no tears. Did you just, like, moan a bit and crumple your face up? Or did you just look constipated?

Radioactive Mince

Was that the American lady?

Anyway, Radioactive Mince has improved as a poster since he stopped signing off every post with "mince".

Mince.

:yas:

I only did that to annoy folk as the likes of John Findlay's (WTF's he gone?) sign-offs used to annoy me. Glad you still hold some seethe m8.

John

shaun.lawson

:rofl: @ your sterling rimming skills.

There's me looking at AP's posts thinking "WUM" every time I read them. Just shows you what I know. He must be knowledgeable enough though - I find myself agreeing a lot of the time.

So, there were no tears. Did you just, like, moan a bit and crumple your face up? Or did you just look constipated?

I dunno - I wasn't looking at myself at the time! But the person I was with at the time (Dominican, Scott, not American) said she'd only ever seen one other person cry like that: my grandmother.

Genetic, I guess? *shrugs*

Radioactive Mince

I dunno - I wasn't looking at myself at the time! But the person I was with at the time (Dominican, Scott, not American) said she'd only ever seen one other person cry like that: my grandmother.

Showing your emotions doesn't make you blind. Crying badly does.

scott_jambo

How had this dominican lassie seen your grandmother cry? Skype?

shaun.lawson

How had this dominican lassie seen your grandmother cry? Skype?

No, on video. My grandmother recorded a 5 hour video about her hideous experiences for Steven Spielberg's Holocaust Archive. In the US, we went to watch it together at Columbia University.

Radioactive Mince

No, on video. My grandmother recorded a 5 hour video about her hideous experiences for Steven Spielberg's Holocaust Archive. In the US, we went to watch it together at Columbia University.

Offt. That's pretty cool (obviously not what's obviously not).

Have you podgered her yet Shaun?

scott_jambo

Interesting if true. I sometimes doubt the authenticity of your stories - I hope this isn't another Welsh DVD episode.

Johanes de Silentio

It's been a while, as far as I mind, but it was pretty ******* heavy.

No reason to feel bad for shedding a few tears when you're overwhelmed.

That must have been really comforting for you? :lol:

Last time I shed a team was the morning after the cup final when I put on Sportscene highlights at about 8 in the morning. It was Zal's face that set me off before getting the cup :sob:

shaun.lawson

Interesting if true. I sometimes doubt the authenticity of your stories - I hope this isn't another Welsh DVD episode.

Grow up Scott. Really. :down:

Gregory House M.D.

When Michael died on Prison Break. :sob:

I'm a bit like AP. Emotionally crippled when anything happens to me but the slightest wee sad scene on the Liza and I'm blubbing like a North Korean singing the national anthem. :sob:

Radioactive Mince

Am I the only one questioning whether it's right that Shaun's pain at a Uruguay Olympic pumping mirrors almost exactly his grandmother's holocaust trauma or not?

shaun.lawson

Am I the only one questioning whether it's right that Shaun's pain at a Uruguay Olympic pumping mirrors almost exactly his grandmother's holocaust trauma or not?

Am I the only one questioning whether you know what it means when someone crosses something out on here or not? :mellow:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Headbutted by a laddie when I was 11... Blind-sided me. laugh.gif

Been through the death of my dad, the critical illness of family and the imprisonment of mates since... Never cried since 11 though... Wish I was able. ermm.gif

Radioactive Mince

Am I the only one questioning whether you know what it means when someone crosses something out on here or not? :mellow:

It can mean one of two things, Shaun (you bitch). Either you cross out what really happened to jokily hide it or you cross out a figment of your imagination for a laugh and leave what really happened. There's a thrid option, actually, and that involves no true scenario whatsoever.

Which was it (I'm obviously confused)? I'm also taking this to mean that you lied to me when I asked what you really cried for.

BTW, not giving a reason is against the rules. :verymad:

Radioactive Mince

Headbutted by a laddie when I was 11... Blind-sided me. laugh.gif

Been through the death of my dad, the critical illness of family and the imprisonment of mates since... Never cried since 11 though... Wish I was able. ermm.gif

I don't fully understand my outburst that day. The anniversary of someone's death is hardly as bad as the day it happened (and I don't think I cried then or at their funerals). Was I just 'living on the edge' so to speak and it could've been anything that made me have a mini-breakdown?

It's quite interesting I think, and way above my neuro-knowledge.

Gregory House M.D.

Radioactive, have you been on the collies lugs? :lol:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I don't fully understand my outburst that day. The anniversary of someone's death is hardly as bad as the day it happened (and I don't think I cried then or at their funerals). Was I just 'living on the edge' so to speak?

It's quite interesting I think.

I've not read the thread Radioactive Mince... I was just replying to the OP.

I'll have a wee deek now though... Guessing it has been hijacked by total wankers though, aye? blink.gif

I struggle to deal with the death of two people and there are others that I try not to think about...

Radioactive Mince

I've not read the thread Radioactive Mince... I was just replying to the OP.

I'll have a wee deek now though... Guessing it has been hijacked by total wankers though, aye? blink.gif

I struggle to deal with the death of two people and there are others that I try not to think about...

The OP is about the jist of it.

Hijacked aye, total wankers? Nah, just a fine array of the great and good of KB. No beef.

I think men are obviously pretty good at 'not thinking about things'. I'm a master at it myself. The bottle will pop without a wee release now and again though.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The OP is about the jist of it.

Hijacked aye, total wankers? Nah, just a fine array of the great and good of KB. No beef.

I think men are obviously pretty good at 'not thinking about things'. I'm a master at it myself. The bottle will pop without a wee release now and again though.

I was beside myself when my hamster died when I was ten... I can honestly say that I wish I had been able to let go the same way since... But I'd be lying. After letting it all go to that degree, I feel vulnerable and like a shell. I would find it hard to place myself in that position ever again, especially at 33, I am used to being in control too much. dry.gif

John McClure

i read a wee bit if the thread, but got bored of the lawson-scott banter,

in answer to your question, the last time i gret, like proper sobbed, was my older brothers wedding in may. no because i was emotional about him getting married, but it was a mixture of wise words and home truths spooken to me by my dad and my uncle, and afew malt wiskeys thrown in for banter, honestly, i sobbed like a wee girl getting her first period. other than that, im a real man, and i diny greet coz thats for poofs

southside1874

i read a wee bit if the thread, but got bored of the lawson-scott banter,

in answer to your question, the last time i gret, like proper sobbed, was my older brothers wedding in may. no because i was emotional about him getting married, but it was a mixture of wise words and home truths spooken to me by my dad and my uncle, and afew malt wiskeys thrown in for banter, honestly, i sobbed like a wee girl getting her first period. other than that, im a real man, and i diny greet coz thats for poofs

A good bottle of malt often has me shedding a tear for old friends that has passed away.

I cried a few months back after an argument with Mrs O. :unsure:

Although, it was at the end of a week where one of my patients I'd been working with absconded and hung himself in the woods. Young laddie with his whole life ahead of him, and my last conversation with him hadn't gone well.

Was driving myself crazy thinking about why and what could I have done, but at the end of the week I'd expected a bit of leeway from the Mrs, and she was on my case about something which started a huge argument. It ended with me greeting and Mrs O realising that maybe she'd overlooked how much the weeks events had affected me.

Felt better for it though, and I hadn't cried for years before that.

Tommy Wiseau

And that's why you voted him best poster on Cliqueback just a few short months ag... oh wait B) B) B) B) B) B) B)

PS. Why did you Pacino Godfather III cry plz

southside1874

I cried a few months back after an argument with Mrs O. :unsure:

Although, it was at the end of a week where one of my patients I'd been working with absconded and hung himself in the woods. Young laddie with his whole life ahead of him, and my last conversation with him hadn't gone well.

Was driving myself crazy thinking about why and what could I have done, but at the end of the week I'd expected a bit of leeway from the Mrs, and she was on my case about something which started a huge argument. It ended with me greeting and Mrs O realising that maybe she'd overlooked how much the weeks events had affected me.

Felt better for it though, and I hadn't cried for years before that.

I remember having to burst out with a cry when the midwife skelped ma arse 3 times to see if I was breathing. The only retaliation was to cough all this mucous over her face. I thought that because I has pulled this trusty knife out and performed my own cesarean that she was a bit upset.

I still have nightmares about it and why my mum didn't protect me at this vulnerable time in my life doesn't help. Anyway i think it has made me emotionally unstable and I won't cry again :verymad:

I remember having to burst out with a cry when the midwife skelped ma arse 3 times to see if I was breathing. The only retaliation was to cough all this mucous over her face. I thought that because I has pulled this trusty knife out and performed my own cesarean that she was a bit upset.

I still have nightmares about it and why my mum didn't protect me at this vulnerable time in my life doesn't help. Anyway i think it has made me emotionally unstable and I won't cry again :verymad:

:lol:

My thread on this topic was better IMO

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/106341-when-was-the-last-time-you-cried/

:verysmug:

Mr Partridge is, for the record, Kickback's BEST poster, and has been for quite some time now

d4b78066-95e2-d2d2.jpg

:yucky:

::troll:::'>

ArcticJambo

About an hour before kick-off May 19th ... getting bevvied, sitting at the table at Hampden and it was something the guest beside me said ... don't remember what, but I just stopped mid-sentence and began to struggle. Spent the next 5 or so minutes bubbling away in front of the collage of Scottish football images in the entrance stairwell of the South stand.

The evening before I had read an email from my other half that simply stated that her 17yr old nephew had been found in the shed; shot himself with a 303.

Finally hit me I guess ... a rather surreal moment in an otherwise quite memorable day.

shaun.lawson

And that's why you voted him best poster on Cliqueback just a few short months ag... oh wait B) B) B) B) B) B) B)

PS. Why did you Pacino Godfather III cry plz

A lot has happened since Christmas, Thomas - or even over the last couple of months. Namely, that your whole faux arrogance shtick is becoming a little tired. You're in need of new material if you're to recapture the crown, I feel. B)

Archived