What is your second sport?

HampdenHearts

HampdenHearts

I'm just making a basic assumption here that everyone on here who posts that football is their favourite sport.

What else do you really enjoy following/watching/playing?

Would like to see the variety that is posted.

Personally mines is tennis.

Sorry about my grammar I am currently morphine'd out my tits nursing my broken leg!

Pretty much anything except boxing and horse racing.

If pushed I'd go for baseball. Or rugby union. Or rowing.

Very into US "football"- spend all day on Sundays going to/watching games.

Bert Le Clos

Woman's beach volleyball

Seriously I preferred playing rugby, and I enjoy watching football and rugby equally, so I guess I'd have to say football is my second favourite sport.

Just as happy watching F1 and basketball, and I get really into track cycling at the World's and Olympics and golf for the majors and the Ryder Cup.

Probably tennis but I dig American Football, Baseball and boxing too.

None of them as obsessively as football though.

alwaysthereinspirit

Sunday is also my day of "dont even ask me to do it cause I'm busy between 1 and 7.30"

God help the woman if Hearts are playing Sunday morning. She doesn't see me all day.:thumbsup:

I play badminton regularly but would hardly call myself a fan of the sport,

Only other sports I have paid to watch are rugby, horse racing and baseball

The Old Tolbooth

Horse Racing, it's actually a toss up between that and football for what really is my favourite sport, but I decided that no horse racing could give me as much unbridled joy as the feeling I got on May 19th, so football shades it.

HampdenHearts

Enjoyed playing badminton and volleyball during PE at school, table tennis is top notch too.

Partial to a round of golf with my old man.

All round sporty guy, depressing me knowing I can't do any of these things for a while!A

play golf and have done for about 30 years. may be going into semi-retirement in a competitive sense at some point over the next few years as i think i'm on the slippery slope. it's murder to realise that you can't reasonably expect to get better than you have ever been and that it's going to be difficult to stop getting worse. some golfers keep getting better and better with age but i'm just getting edgier and more erratic.

jamboinglasgow

playing? Rowing but haven't been able to do it for a few years.

Watching? Rugby, rowing, F1, cycling.

Isaac Clarke

Big American Football fan.

Cycling as well.

And Football...obviously.

F1. Well any motorsport will do but F1 is the main one. :thumbsup:

Then probably cycling, boxing and darts. :thumbsup:

Is there a way to enjoy horse racing without betting on it?

I can watch pretty much any sport without a bet but not that.

Libertonian_II

Swimming

At 55 my footie playing days are over but I still train twice a week in the swimming pool.

Quite like cycling too

John McClure

i never played football when i was young, i played rugby as a youngster untill i was 18. wasnt really into football. dont watch much club rugby, the odd edinburgh game, but im glued to six nations, tri nations, world cup and i love the lions tour

i really enjoy watching test cricket after the 05 ashes series. been into it since

i like watching boxing, but im not that into it

and iv been getting into cycling more and more over the last few years of watching tour de france

rossthejambo

Don't really have a second, got a few other sports that I enjoy watching but couldn't really rank them.

Golf (Majors only)

Tennis (again, Grand Slams only)

Horse racing

NFL

F1

Speedway

I'll probably watch any sport that's on the telly though tbh, apart from cricket.

J.T.F.Robertson

This is my bag, too. :rolleyes:

P.S. Won't be long now!

I also struggle to get enough of betting on three legged donkeys. :verymad:

Captain of a local cricket team.

Always looking for new players...

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Football is the only sport I play and watch regularly but golf would be up there as my second favourite. I love watching the majors and the Ryder Cup and if I was a bit better then I would play a hell of a lot more.

Used to be a member of a tennis club and would always like to get back into that.

Boxing, always loved it since I was a kid - a very close second to footie for me.

Also, like watching tennis.

KilbrideJambo

Noticed a couple of shouts for cricket - I am off to Lords on the 18th for South Africa test, can't wait :) on a more humble note I also expect to attend the Scotland CB40 fixture this Sunday at Uddinigston v Durham!!

The Old Tolbooth

Is there a way to enjoy horse racing without betting on it?

I can watch pretty much any sport without a bet but not that.

It takes a special kind of love for the sport to appreciate it without the betting element attached, I'd say the majority of race goers only go for the thrill of the bet, but I could quite easily sit and watch a race and still have plenty interest in it without having a bet, although the nature of the sport is to have a gamble, even if it's just a small stake.

1. NH horse racing. Go to Cheltenham every year and hoping to do Aintree and haydock as well.

2. NFL football

3. Football.

Harry Palmer

Noticed a couple of shouts for cricket - I am off to Lords on the 18th for South Africa test, can't wait :) on a more humble note I also expect to attend the Scotland CB40 fixture this Sunday at Uddinigston v Durham!!

Lucky you.

2nd Test starts on Thursday which means TMS. :thumbsup:

Anyway...

Golf - Open/Ryder Cup

Tennis- Wimbers

That's about it really.

I P Knightley

If there were a football match (non HMFC) and a men's tennis match playing on different channels at the same time, I'd watch the tennis pretty much every time. There's so much more competitive action.

It would be 50:50 between football and rugby; would depend on who's playing.

J.T.F.Robertson

It takes a special kind of love for the sport to appreciate it without the betting element attached, I'd say the majority of race goers only go for the thrill of the bet, but I could quite easily sit and watch a race and still have plenty interest in it without having a bet, although the nature of the sport is to have a gamble, even if it's just a small stake.

I'm not the expert handicapper you are, John. (despite your disclaimer :P)

I play at it and bet outsiders most of the time, after, naturally, convincing myself using a form of twisted logic, that they actually do have a shot. :rolleyes: Nothing heavy, but I am a bit like yourself in the able to "just sit and watch" stakes.

Although, when I'm home, I don't seem able to do that very often. :(

Snake Plissken

Gaelic Football.

I used to play years ago and got back into it recently, scored my first goal in ages last weekend (I'm usually a goalkeeper or full-back) :thumbsup:

ArcticJambo

It's just really the baseball here just now in N America but in the evenings throughout the rest of the year I'll tend to watch the baseball during the playoffs, the reg season marquee basketball match-ups, the Sun/Mon night NFL and the NHL playoffs if a team merits it. Sat & Sun are, sad to say almost always a case of 7:30 to 6pm straight football.

Rarely watch anything other than sport ... perhaps The First 48 ... Life is Cheap!

Cricket.

On some occassions I'll watch cricket over football, depends who is playing though.

Going to Chester-le-Street for the T20 Eng v SA game in Sept. No rain please!!!!

Archived