TV deal sorted?

hmfc4life1991

From Perth to Paisley

I see the DR are reporting negatively, shock... Although they do state the SFL clubs get a million TV rights + 2 million settlement fee which only leaves 10 million for the SPL.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ToadKiller Dog

I see the DR are reporting negatively, shock... Although they do state the SFL clubs get a million TV rights + 2 million settlement fee which only leaves 10 million for the SPL.

Doesn't the SPL also get ?2m from some firm for overseas rights ? To be added on also .

Rick Grimes

I thought Neil Doncaster was there? :whistling:

He was. He was just there to represent the big clubs though. :D

Rick Grimes

Wilful misreporting. The settlement fee is not tied to the TV deal.

Doesn't the SPL also get ?2m from some firm for overseas rights ? To be added on also .

Think it was ?1.5m and there was some chat that that would definitely be lost. If its being reported as ?13m a year I assume that's Sky, ESPN & any other partners counted together as Sky only had ?10m of the last contract themselves. If not, its a substantial increase.

Francis Albert

The ?2m settlement fee is unchanged and despite the propaganda had nothing to do with the agreement on TV rights.

Talk of Armagedons and meltdowns have proved to be what almost all of us always saw it as - scaremongering, propaganda, barefaced lies.

If Regan and Doncaster had a shred of self respect they would resign. As it is I can't understand why they have not been sacked.

Near Post Zibby !

If the split stays the same clubs will be losing ?54k on average. If the split is made even clubs GAIN ?116k on average. Celtic stand to lose over ?2m if it's split evenly.

But remember who was holding idiot Doncaster's hand in the negotiations in London - Celtic's Peter Lawell. It would not surprise me in the least if the new contract again stipulates that it is dependant upon x number of Celtic games. This will strengthen Celtic's hand in any stand off where the 11 call Celtic's (and Ranger's bluff and tell them to accept a fairer split of monies or to F off to the mythical Atlantic League. The 11 need to look very carefully at what these 2 have negotiated

But remember who was holding idiot Doncaster's hand in the negotiations in London - Celtic's Peter Lawell. It would not surprise me in the least if the new contract again stipulates that it is dependant upon x number of Celtic games. This will strengthen Celtic's hand in any stand off where the 11 call Celtic's (and Ranger's bluff and tell them to accept a fairer split of monies or to F off to the mythical Atlantic League. The 11 need to look very carefully at what these 2 have negotiated

Celtic and Rangers, much though it pains me, can't go anywhere. So unless the other 11 SPL clubs are stupid, and don't rule that out by any means, they will change the voting rights and agree a better redistribution ASAP. Celtic would just have to suck it up.

Francis Albert

Celtic and Rangers, much though it pains me, can't go anywhere. So unless the other 11 SPL clubs are stupid, and don't rule that out by any means, they will change the voting rights and agree a better redistribution ASAP. Celtic would just have to suck it up.

... and if the SPL clubs can't recognise scaremongering after the last few months then god help us.

Gregory House M.D.

There's no danger the 11 will be bullied by Celtic. Clubs were budgeting for no TV.

Archived