What football moment did you ever try to copy?

Sydney

huigitas scorpion kick, at 5s.... grazed chin for whole of the summer, not the best look. ah well lesson learned, dont play in goals.

WorldChampions1902

Slightly older school here - The Willie Carr / Ernie Hunt "Donkey Kick" Free kick for Coventry - it was later outlawed by FIFA as a "double touch"

Haha......beat me to it. I remember this well and is something I practiced for years, to the point that even now (40 years on), I can still do this. Here's the clip and watch the slo-mo replay at around 28 secs - incredible goal!

Someone in the "which schools team" thread was talking about trying to copy the Cruyff turn just after he'd first done it on TV.

What else did you try to copy?

I remember seeing people try:

David Platt volley in 90 World Cup

Shirt tucked in at the front, out at the back a la JC

Panenko-style penalties

Higuita scorpion kicks

Taping outside socks at top and bottom

Kenny Dalglish goal celebrations

yesterday i was standing 25 yards out from an empty goal and kicking the ball as high as possible and trying to re create the scholes goal v aston villa... not very good at it it appears...

Notorious BIG

Every time im at the Astro for a kick about with mates, Without fail I always try the Zidane volley, The one at Hampden in the Champions league final, And without fail I sky it miles over the bar, It is without doubt one of the hardest shots to take, The technique you need is unbelievable

quincy adams wagstaff

charlie george for arsenal v liverpool 1971,not his goal but his celebration of it,classic. :thumbsup:

Connor-The-Jambo

i use to coppie the pens from the 2006 gretna game but my dad kept getting anoed because i hit the house to hard but now i do the beattie pen and celebration and when i take pens for my footie team i say im going to do a beattie

The Blanco bunny hop :thumbsup:

Never pulled it off tho :sob:

This, never managed it either :(

i use to coppie the pens from the 2006 gretna game but my dad kept getting anoed because i hit the house to hard but now i do the beattie pen and celebration and when i take pens for my footie team i say im going to do a beattie

Dont worry about Connor its just because your Dad will soon be 40 laugh.gif

Toxteth O'Grady

The 'Skacel' throw in where you throw it off a defender's back. Works a treat.

Off the keeper and scored

I used to be a sneaky ******* and slip my boot half off and dive during games flicking the boot off in the process. Can't remember where i got it from but it only worked once :rofl:

For some reason, that doesn't suprise me.

Gav Aitchison

For years and years, any time someone passed to me on the left side of the box, I tried to recreate Crabbe's curler at Pafkhead from Jan 1992. Think it came off once, about ten years later!

The other one I recall trying to emulate was Levein's header at Easter Road, first derby after Mercer's takeover bid, including the odd wave before the corner comes in.

Gerd Muller

Maradona solo against England cos I'm a ball greedy bam. Love skinning 3 or 4 players and rounding the keeper when playing at school dinner time. Used to be 20 v 20. Great games. Contine the score into the next day.

The Comedian

Great thread.

:jjyay:

I was mad for chipping the keeper after watching Davor Suker mug Schmeichel at Euro 96. As for celebrations, Ravanellis was a fave, shirt over the head.

Every game I ever played I've sported the JC half in half out shirt .... Goal wise I can mind Mexico 86 being the inspiration for the Negreti and the Josimar for the whole of that summer !

In my early teen years when playing. Anytime I ever scored for my club on a Sunday. I would always do the "Lee Sharpe shuffle"

Funnily enough my Gaffer didnt like me doing it either :verymad:

Archived