Wee jobsworth bosses

tommythejambo

tommythejambo

Got one just now.

Realised I made a wee mistake when cashing up tonight and I know I'm gonna get all sorts of grief for it tomorrow. Its like ?2 out and all the moneys there, I just forgot to put something from one bag into the other.

I ****ing hate my job.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Had this wee dick of a boss that looked like Wesley Sneider when I used to work in a shop.

He phoned a guy up once at the checkouts and told us to get back to work because he'd seen us stop and talk on the CCTV for literally 15 seconds.

He got the sack :pleasing:

Had a wee boss who thought he was the donkeys nudgers. Swaggering about like he owned the company, wearing expensive suits. The guy was middle management. :vrface:

The thing was, he uses to do the job I was doing at the time, and instead of giving me pointers he would boast about his achievements and try and belittle me when I made an error. I was 19 at the time, and the guy had been with the company for 20 years.

Nothing against wee guys, but everyone used to say he had napoleon syndrome. :lol:

I was well chuffed when I got another job, and he ended up having to do my job again. That job nearly ruined my confidence, and I can see how folk can be off with stress and depression. Especially crappy office jobs. :(

My boss bought me 6 jagerbombs tonight. He is also fond of letting off smokebombs at missed penalties. :facepalm:

GIRFUY all.

Got one just now.

Realised I made a wee mistake when cashing up tonight and I know I'm gonna get all sorts of grief for it tomorrow. Its like ?2 out and all the moneys there, I just forgot to put something from one bag into the other.

I ****ing hate my job.

If he is a jobsworth, you better hope he is not reading this.

My company is full of them this particular one from northern Ireland goes about the place as if he owns it tries to be a smart arse in front of deputy managers. This morning he's walking past me and says something but throws in my nickname I've got at work I just stopped what I was doing and told him its not the correct procedure a manager calling a member of staff anything but their first name and if he does it again I'll be seeing the warehouse manager. His face dropped and he mumbled something. About 10 minutes ago I got pulled up by my supervisior and told to stop being a **** to this manager as he's only bring friendly but I ask if he was bring friendly why go grass me up for telling him I'm not comfortable with him addressing me as anything but my first name? I fecking hate my place too many uni dropouts getting jobs in high places over people like me who have been there from day one who could easily do their job.

A lot of it is down to small man syndrome.

Men that are small are complete cocks.

I can think of some on jkb.

Chris Benoit

6ft :smuggy:

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

:lol:

What a load of shite.

Sexton Hardcastle

My boss bought me 6 jagerbombs tonight. He is also fond of letting off smokebombs at missed penalties. :facepalm:

GIRFUY all.

Grooming you Nap.

My company is full of them this particular one from northern Ireland goes about the place as if he owns it tries to be a smart arse in front of deputy managers. This morning he's walking past me and says something but throws in my nickname I've got at work I just stopped what I was doing and told him its not the correct procedure a manager calling a member of staff anything but their first name and if he does it again I'll be seeing the warehouse manager. His face dropped and he mumbled something. About 10 minutes ago I got pulled up by my supervisior and told to stop being a **** to this manager as he's only bring friendly but I ask if he was bring friendly why go grass me up for telling him I'm not comfortable with him addressing me as anything but my first name? I fecking hate my place too many uni dropouts getting jobs in high places over people like me who have been there from day one who could easily do their job.

Sounds like you were both being silly.

I dont see why folk cant just relax at work. Yeah it gets stressful at times but I find that in all the jobs I've had its the managers with **** all else to do that are the biggest pain in the arses. Middle management types who left school with no qualifications and now just live to berate those with a higher intellect. Its a mindset I'll never understand, you're there for 30 odd hours a week, theres no point in getting involved in office politics or creating a shitey atmosphere. Folk who live to work are mental. There's far more to life than working, anyone who says otherwise is clearly daft.

In saying that I'm now self employed and work from home 99% of the time. Currently having a coffee and watching series 3 of Arrested Development as we're on a shutdown due to the Olympics but they still need folk on standby in case things go wrong.

:verysmug:

Had a wee boss who thought he was the donkeys nudgers. Swaggering about like he owned the company, wearing expensive suits. The guy was middle management. :vrface:

The thing was, he uses to do the job I was doing at the time, and instead of giving me pointers he would boast about his achievements and try and belittle me when I made an error. I was 19 at the time, and the guy had been with the company for 20 years.

Nothing against wee guys, but everyone used to say he had napoleon syndrome. :lol:

I was well chuffed when I got another job, and he ended up having to do my job again. That job nearly ruined my confidence, and I can see how folk can be off with stress and depression. Especially crappy office jobs. :(

Napoleon was around 5'6"/5'7" average height for a man at the time.

GIRFUY all.

only 6, he must be calming down

Nookie Bear

Sounds like you were both being silly.

I dont see why folk cant just relax at work. Yeah it gets stressful at times but I find that in all the jobs I've had its the managers with **** all else to do that are the biggest pain in the arses. Middle management types who left school with no qualifications and now just live to berate those with a higher intellect. Its a mindset I'll never understand, you're there for 30 odd hours a week, theres no point in getting involved in office politics or creating a shitey atmosphere. Folk who live to work are mental. There's far more to life than working, anyone who says otherwise is clearly daft.

In saying that I'm now self employed and work from home 99% of the time. Currently having a coffee and watching series 3 of Arrested Development as we're on a shutdown due to the Olympics but they still need folk on standby in case things go wrong.

:verysmug:

I think if you spent 99% in an office you may change your tune.

Why are you shutting down for the Olympics?

Got one just now.

I ****ing hate my job.

You've just reminded me of my old job. All the area managers are straight out of uni and are like the trumpets you see on the apprentice every year. They think they're the shizzle, even though they're at work 60+ hours a week and never see their friends or partners. They don't last long :lol:

The last straw for me was when I came into work and my area manager greeted me with a photo of a stack of pallets that was 1 pallet short, another photo of a drinks pallet that looked like it had been nudged by another and was a little squint, and a photo of a mop bucket that hadn't been emptied (an overworked member of staff had left it). She told me it was no way to leave the warehouse and then asked me why I closed up 2 hours late. She knew we were short staffed that day and I'd been busting my balls to get things done. She then told me that the safe was ?20 down from my previous count and told me to pay it in. I pointed out that a week previously it was ?20 up and she'd zero'd it at the beginning of the week. The knock on effect coming from another managers ?20 banking error coming through made it ?20 down and there was no way I was putting my money in there. She told me I was being ridiculous. I never did pay that money in :P

She patronisingly asked me if there was anything she could do to help me and I told her she could give me a reference when asked for one. Two months later she got my fantastically long 7 days notice(as per my contract) and was raging at the period given. Silly bint didn't come near the store, or even return my call telling her I was leaving and my resignation was in her drawer. She finally called me on my last day and she accused me of breaking my contract. I told her if she'd bothered to come near she'd have found a copy of it in her drawer with the relevant parts highlighted she would know I wasn't. I think the words, "plain English in black and white" were used.

Quite seriously Tommy, if you're worrying about things like you speak of after work you're best off getting out of there.

Ray Winstone

I'm 5'6" and I'm ******* delightful to be around.

5'6"? Maybe standing on the yellow pages!

19724p.gif

tommythejambo

You've just reminded me of my old job. All the area managers are straight out of uni and are like the trumpets you see on the apprentice every year. They think they're the shizzle, even though they're at work 60+ hours a week and never see their friends or partners. They don't last long :lol:

The last straw for me was when I came into work and my area manager greeted me with a photo of a stack of pallets that was 1 pallet short, another photo of a drinks pallet that looked like it had been nudged by another and was a little squint, and a photo of a mop bucket that hadn't been emptied (an overworked member of staff had left it). She told me it was no way to leave the warehouse and then asked me why I closed up 2 hours late. She knew we were short staffed that day and I'd been busting my balls to get things done. She then told me that the safe was ?20 down from my previous count and told me to pay it in. I pointed out that a week previously it was ?20 up and she'd zero'd it at the beginning of the week. The knock on effect coming from another managers ?20 banking error coming through made it ?20 down and there was no way I was putting my money in there. She told me I was being ridiculous. I never did pay that money in :P

She patronisingly asked me if there was anything she could do to help me and I told her she could give me a reference when asked for one. Two months later she got my fantastically long 7 days notice(as per my contract) and was raging at the period given. Silly bint didn't come near the store, or even return my call telling her I was leaving and my resignation was in her drawer. She finally called me on my last day and she accused me of breaking my contract. I told her if she'd bothered to come near she'd have found a copy of it in her drawer with the relevant parts highlighted she would know I wasn't. I think the words, "plain English in black and white" were used.

Quite seriously Tommy, if you're worrying about things like you speak of after work you're best off getting out of there.

It's not been for lack of trying. Can't get into the industry I'm trained for and too apparently too over qualified for any other jobs I've applied for.

Excellent advice; folk get way too worked up about work. If you don't have at least twenty other things in your life that are a higher priority than work, you're doing it wrong.

Paulie Walnut

Got one just now.

I ****ing hate my job.

Maybe just do your job correct and you won't need to come on here bitchin.

The People's Chimp

Judging by the comments about people straight out of uni in this thread, it's no wonder those in management had to end up taking a harsh approach as it seems all they were faced with was bitterness and bad attitudes.

Sad.

My boss was a fat wee horrible prick called Mario when I worked at Samsung. His bird looked like a whale. I hope he's unemployed now.

Call centres are full of sooky ersed pricks who only get the job because they are wanks. Never going back to that shit ever again.

Jesus wept.

Got one just now.

I ****ing hate my job.

so... unless i am mistaken, you've made a minor error, it seems like it's easily rectified, and you haven't actually been pulled up for it yet?

sounds like hell. the next time i hear someone lamenting being on the dole, i'll tell them to belt up and remember folk like you.

Had a deputy manager once and he was a total ******* ***** The @rsehole had it in for me from day one. I was working in retail and had the run of my own aisle. The guy who covered me in the evenings from 5 - 10pm was worse than useless and I always got taken for a "chat" whenever my cover fudged up. The deputy in question would also wait for me at the front door so that we can go for a "walk" at the end of my shift. The slightest thing he found wrong with my section or back room he'd make me stay back and correct whatever was wrong. He also once bollocked me in front of a customer. Basically the slightest thing wrong then I was getting pulled into the office. I eventually set myself up to get sacked (harder than you may think). It took 9 months and what I got sacked for in the end was total pathetic (I pinched a milk drink because I was refused my break and I had been in since before sunrise and it was now mid-morning).

I was wanting sacked in a blaze of glory.

On a plus note I did have a customer who always bought me a few beers for which that **** of a deputy had to sign for.

I did plan to "pup" his daughter so that every time he looked in the kids face I'd be smiling back giving him the finger. Regrettably that never happened but I still would not mind if I bumped into him in a dark alley....

GIRFUY all.

Bet he's a fan of Mortal Kombat too

tommythejambo

so... unless i am mistaken, you've made a minor error, it seems like it's easily rectified, and you haven't actually been pulled up for it yet?

sounds like hell. the next time i hear someone lamenting being on the dole, i'll tell them to belt up and remember folk like you.

Got pulled, getting a written warning.

written warning for forgetting to put ?2 from one bag into another.

let's see a readable picture of the letter then.

tommythejambo

written warning for forgetting to put ?2 from one bag into another.

let's see a readable picture of the letter then.

He said I'll be getting one, although he has made empty threats in the past. Didn't say I had it yet.

Also giving away, my name, his name, the company name and a raft of other details on here, that'd be wee bit silly.

Don't like the job but need the money.

Disciplinary should be a formal verbal warning before a written warning.

tommythejambo

I know.

Still on a probationary period (think its a year) not sure how, but I know it does affect it.

My boss was a fat wee horrible prick called Mario when I worked at Samsung. His bird looked like a whale. I hope he's unemployed now.

Call centres are full of sooky ersed pricks who only get the job because they are wanks. Never going back to that shit ever again.

:spoton:

Anyone who is a good sales person can burn. Wouldn't trust them one bit. Had a couple call centre experiences and all the new starts all know each other from other call centres or have mutual friends from call centres. Feck that. It's tragic really.

I wish death upon anyone who has a "passion for sales".

That is correct. With me when I worked in Safeway it was 2 verbals, 2 written , a final written then the ole heave ho! So to get sacked you really had to do something serious bad. I suppose when I was trying to get the sacked from the place I was working at I should of decked that ***** of a deputy I mentioned yesterday. I would have been sacked on the spot then.

Note I refused to hand in my notice as I wanted to really wind up the guy by taking the piss (I did graft though).

My arse!!!! :laugh:

I'm 5ft 10 and he's taller than me chief

Anyway I have a great job with good people (despite having to call in a couple of times today despite being on holiday!)

I did have one guy who years ago gave me my only appraisal that wasn't positive (in 15 years of employment) after I'd spent 3 months doing 50/60 hours a week supporting the project I was on and getting universal praise from those I was working with on a day to day basis (I didn't grudge the hours I was doing and I still had a social life) he gave me a shite write up because I didn't have a MS Access database updated as much as other folk with half my work. He could never see the positive on what people did.

ronald.jpg

ronald.jpg

:lol:

Brilliant.

I'm really lucky to work with the people I do tbh. I've worked with some bazarre characters in the past but the folk I currently work with, and for, are great.

I here some people bitching sometimes, and they don't know they're born.

Back in Nam!! :sob:

He said I'll be getting one, although he has made empty threats in the past. Didn't say I had it yet.

Also giving away, my name, his name, the company name and a raft of other details on here, that'd be wee bit silly.

Don't like the job but need the money.

aye but obviously you would have masked out any sensitive details though. i take it the written warning didn't materialise then.

That is correct. With me when I worked in Safeway it was 2 verbals, 2 written , a final written then the ole heave ho! So to get sacked you really had to do something serious bad. I suppose when I was trying to get the sacked from the place I was working at I should of decked that ***** of a deputy I mentioned yesterday. I would have been sacked on the spot then.

Note I refused to hand in my notice as I wanted to really wind up the guy by taking the piss (I did graft though).

You can go straight to final warning (or even dismissal), depends on the severity of the misdemeanour......and an initial investigatory meeting is required first, with all the appropriate timings (48hrs notice, relevant douments, right to be accompanied etc

)

You can go straight to final warning (or even dismissal), depends on the severity of the misdemeanour......and an initial investigatory meeting is required first, with all the appropriate timings (48hrs notice, relevant douments, right to be accompanied etc

)

I had been taking the piss for ages; I did get sacked for a severe misdemeanour however and I admitted my guilt there and then. I also could have had the Union involved but I had revoked my membership a couple of months before the incident (purely because I thought the union was worse than useless). But I did get what I wanted and tbh it was the best thing to have had happen to me thumbsup.gif

A colleague and I were given a final written warning, with no prior disciplinary, for tearing down a couple of flags from the roof of the pub.

We did it when we were hammered and, fair enough, it was a stupid thing to do.

Although, the pub was closed at the time and the only reason the flags were put up was the six nations, and this was over three weeks after they'd finished. We apologised and offered to pay for new ones. The flags have never been replaced.

We heard after that he wanted to sack us until another supervisor (who's doing HR at uni) advised him that it probably wouldn't be a good idea, which is a shame because I would've liked an employment tribunal win under my belt.

I'm not even sure this qualifies as jobsworth, though. It's more incompetence.

A colleague and I were given a final written warning, with no prior disciplinary, for tearing down a couple of flags from the roof of the pub.

We did it when we were hammered and, fair enough, it was a stupid thing to do.

Although, the pub was closed at the time and the only reason the flags were put up was the six nations, and this was over three weeks after they'd finished. We apologised and offered to pay for new ones. The flags have never been replaced.

We heard after that he wanted to sack us until another supervisor (who's doing HR at uni) advised him that it probably wouldn't be a good idea, which is a shame because I would've liked an employment tribunal win under my belt.

I'm not even sure this qualifies as jobsworth, though. It's more incompetence.

What flags were they?

)

Correct!

I work in HR and depending on the seriousness of the 'alleged' misdemeanour determines the outcome. However, if there is a possibility that the person could be dismissed following the hearing, the calling letter should state as much.

Gross misconduct matters are generally always covered by this caveat in the letter calling the employee to the hearing. We also give a minimum of 7 days notice of the hearing to ensue they can access union representation if required.

Archived