Wage budget this year versus last year?

Armadale Jambo

Armadale Jambo

Anyone have an idea of what our wage budget is this year compared to last year?

With 8 out of the 11 starts against Raith all coming through the academy I'd guess we are making significant savings on an annual basis.

It would be interesting to find out, but I think we will need to wait about 20 months until current accounts are published! unsure.gif

We were living beyond our means and it was never going to last. I'm happy with the direction the club is going! thumbsup.gif

I'd imagine last seasons expenditure was a fair bit less than the previous seasons and this seasons will be a fair bit less than last seasons.

As to the actual amount I'm not sure but will probably be getting on for half of what it was 2-3 years ago.

But as I.T.K says we'll need to wait a while to see the actual figures.

jamboinglasgow

Well since the start of last season we have sold/released 29 players from the first team and under 19 team with 1 coming in (who also left this summer) and another signed on the last day of the transfer window (Callum Tapping.) So I would worried if we had not reduced our wage budget from the start of last season. I think we have one or two high earners left (if rumours are correct Zaliukas and Driver are on large wages) but we are heading the right way and this season should be easier to cope with the wage issue unlike last season.

loveofthegame

Taking Obua, Rudi (although pray we re-sign him...), Beattie (short term but was prob still on a good few thousand a week), Black, Suso, and Sergio off the wage bill must be saving us at least ?20,000 a week. That is me having low estimates on those guys wages.

Even ?20k a week is ?1M a year. That's before bonuses.

Cuts are never easy but quite simply they had to be made. As ITK said, I'm happy at present with the way the club is being run.

Diadora Van Basten

Taking Obua, Rudi (although pray we re-sign him...), Beattie (short term but was prob still on a good few thousand a week), Black, Suso, and Sergio off the wage bill must be saving us at least ?20,000 a week. That is me having low estimates on those guys wages.

Even ?20k a week is ?1M a year. That's before bonuses.

Cuts are never easy but quite simply they had to be made. As ITK said, I'm happy at present with the way the club is being run.

Stephen Elliott as well

Archived