HTC Phone problems

JamboX2

Pretty much what it says on the tin. Had my HTC Desire for two years now, coming up for contract renewal, but today it has in my opinion effectively died. I had it in my hand texting and suddenly it starts vibrating on its own accord, and when i pressed the volume button to put the vibrate off it went straight back down and begins vibrating again non-stop. So I turned it off and on, comes back on and same thing happens. Turned it off, battery out for 5 mins, back on works incredibly slowly and now its just stuck on the white htc start-up screen.

Has anyone else endured this problem? Any known solution?

I had a Desire and it pretty much gave up the ghost after around 28 months. Battery wouldn't last long, it would cut out when I tried to make a call and it would be hard to hang up. It was also a nightmare to get the numbers on the screen during a call. The signal also started dropping in and out and I was getting text messages hours after they were sent.

You're best getting a new phone. The Desire was great in its day but it's severely dated now and not fit for purpose, working or not.

I had a Desire and it pretty much gave up the ghost after around 28 months. Battery wouldn't last long, it would cut out when I tried to make a call and it would be hard to hang up. It was also a nightmare to get the numbers on the screen during a call. The signal also started dropping in and out and I was getting text messages hours after they were sent.

You're best getting a new phone. The Desire was great in its day but it's severely dated now and not fit for purpose, working or not.

Officially dead. SO new topic....what modern day phone (reasonable tariffs please) would folk suggest? Reporting to a phone shop tomorrow for a replacement. Know all about the iPhone 4 (out of interest is the 4s any different??) and was wondering if there is anything on the market of an equivalent ability but cheaper. When it comes to technology I'm not all knowledgeable.

HTC One X appears to be the best Android phone on the market just now. Galaxy S3 good but not much more over the S2.

My Desire is shite so I'm going for the One X.

Serj Tankian

Have a HTC sensation xl and it was ok till it the android went to 4.0.3 and it is now awful always having to turn it on and off camera goes in and out of focus . roll on the end of contract and back to apple .

vlad on the tyne

Got a one x recently but having network issues. Really struggling getting more than 2 bar strength at home or at work. I'm with 3 but it wasn't this bad when I had my desire for 2 years with 3.

I`ve got a Blackberry curve touchphone with o2 and couldn`t make calls or texts from about back of 3...still the same.

I could still use Facebook or Blackberry messenger as contact.

Naecups1902

I think if you get 2,years out a phone that you use for everything you are doing well

Phone, text, Facebook, Twitter, internet, music, camera, video, sat nav, apps,

Serj Tankian

I think if you get 2,years out a phone that you use for everything you are doing well

Phone, text, Facebook, Twitter, internet, music, camera, video, sat nav, apps,

My iphone gave up the ghost after 27 months of hard use

My HTC Desire has recently started sending texts with the day and time listed as the previous day, which makes it incredibly difficult to follow a conversation on the screen as it's all back to front.

Also, getting little time out the battery and generally it's a little tempramental.

It's a year and a half old.

Going for the iphone in December.

HTC One X appears to be the best Android phone on the market just now. Galaxy S3 good but not much more over the S2.

My Desire is shite so I'm going for the One X.

galaxy s 3 is a lot better than the s2 and one x for battery life. check out the XDA site and see what problems people are having with each phone. i've had each of them and the s3 is a lot better than s2, hardware wise its on a par with the one x but the battery life on the one x is rank, getting about 15 hrs moderate use on it and about 30 hrs with the s3. if you were hammering 3g gps internet you'll not last very long at all with the one x and the batteries none removable and doesn't take a SD card. i listen to music at work 12 hr shift and i'm on the net calls/texts and i still get home with 50% roughly left on battery with the s3 but had to have the one x plugged into the charger most of the day with same useage. so work out what your going to be using your phone for before parting with the readies. s2 is a good phone if your careful with the battery or get a spare and is a lot cheaper, s3 is slightly dearer than the one x. the iphone wasn't all that great for battery but i only had that for a couple of days but it is pretty simple to use out the box compared to the androids.

Naecups1902

Thought thread was about HTC, iPhones are gash

Naecups1902

27 months is good regardless of phone type

If my phone dies,a death around then I won't be disappointed (as long as I have coped everything over)

BoJack Horseman

As folk have said, the HTC One X and the Galaxy SIII are the two best android phones on the market. I'd be going for the One X if I was due one but upgraded to the Sensation XE in January. Happy with it though, problem with phones these days is that all contracts are 2 years but new phones come out every 6 months. Nightmare to keep up with.

27months? that 23 more than I got out of my Desire! HTC are terrible to deal with, blamed the fault on me dropping the phone despite the fault having started prior to the one time that I dropped it!

Cancelled my contract and got a Samsung Omnia Windows Phone, got about 11 months to run on my contract but will be sticking with samsung and will get the windows equivalent to the S3!

Had my htc desire hd for just under 2 years. It was slowing but I deleted a lot of apps and now working great again. I love it.

On any Android phone a factory reset can do a world of good.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

My HTC is getting the boot in the next week as I'm due a renewal. It's been a bit of a poor phone, stopped vibrating after a few months for some reason meaning it was hard to know when people had contacted me. It's also quite slow for texts and them loading up. Good Market for apps though. Will miss livescore!

iPhone will be in my hands next week.

Archived