Chicago

husref musemic

husref musemic

Im in chicago this weekend on my jack with time on my hands. Got work monday :mad:.

Any one got suggestions on things to do / avoid, places to see etc ?

ta.

Im in chicago this weekend on my jack with time on my hands. Got work monday :mad:.

Any one got suggestions on things to do / avoid, places to see etc ?

ta.

I have only been there once. Done the navy pier, Sears tower and the soldier stadium.

Found an ace Cuban restaurant in the City Centre as well.

We also drove north to the six flags theme park on the road to Milwaukee, it had some great rides.

I think Kalamazoo lives near in Michigan, the other side of the Lake from Chicago, he will have better ideas I am sure.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Chicago’s a great city. Hopefully you're staying near downtown. You won’t be short of things to do. Here are a few of my favourites…

• Visit the Hancock Tower and/or the Sears Tower for great views of Chicago (and Lake Michigan). The Hancock would be my first choice

• Visit the Shedd Aquarium (one of the world's best). The Field Museum, the Planetarium and Soldier Field are all basically on the same campus as the Shedd.

• Visit the Museum of Science and Industry (don't miss the U-boat - it's spectacular!)

• Go for the Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues (every Sunday - you'd need to book in advance)

• Take an architectural boat tour down the Chicago River

• Take a walk around Millenium Park

• Go shopping on Michigan Avenue (the Magnificent Mile)

• If you get homesick, there's even a piece of Edinburgh Castle in downtown Chicago (check out the Tribune Tower on Michigan Avenue)

• Eat a Chicago pizza (warning – I will not be held responsible for any clogged arteries). Pizzeria Uno is the original, but there are several great places

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

husref musemic

Kalamzoo Jambo, weirdly im spending the rest of the week in Kalamazoo - real banjo country, is there anything there other than cleetus types ?:)

thanks for all the tips.

Kalamazoo Jambo
Kalamzoo Jambo, weirdly im spending the rest of the week in Kalamazoo - real banjo country, is there anything there other than cleetus types ?:)

thanks for all the tips.

On the contrary - rather than being banjo country, Kalamazoo was the original home of Gibson Guitars :P

Kalamazoo is also home to two Universities, so the cleetuses that we do have are well educated :ninja:

There's plenty to do round here - I'd be happy to take you for a drink or three and show you around. Let me know where you're staying! Kalamazoo's downtown is actually a lot of fun, so hopefully you're staying at the Radisson, or somewhere nearby...

Archived