Is the game in Scotland corrupt?

John Findlay

hearts_crazy
Just out of interest, does anybody have specific instances in mind where they think, without any doubt, that we were the victims of OF bias or corruption? The one that immediately springs to mind is the Andy Davis one, but that hurt Celtic far, far more than it hurt us.

Off the top of my head the Fyssas sending off in the Hearts Celtic 2-3 game and the Barry Ferguson 'goal' in the League cup this year (why have I got Sweet Georgia Brown playing in my head?) when the referee was looking directly at him from 10 yards away. Both of these were just blatant cheating by the refs.

Actually I could go on for hours about the number of times refereeing decisions go in favour of an OF team. Just ask yourself how many times Barry Ferguson should have been booked this season and how many times he has actually been booked then tell me the game is not corrupt.

By the way, and I never thought i'd ever say this, but well said John Hughes. He pointed out that his team has been robbed by rookie refs more than once, but that rookie refs never get to referee the OF, he asked if it was a 12 team league or just 10. The game in Scotland is corrupt, and everyone outside the Old Firm knows it is, and it's about time someone did something about it. Having said that Roman Romanov is a dick for saying it in such a public way as his words will yet again hurt us.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hagar the Horrible

Agreed its not what RR said but the way he said it, and why he said it? if just to deflect the attention away from his incompetencies?

Never the less the game is Scotland IS corrupt, even if its not then the perception of it is, and that is just as damaging, and it needs to be down to the SFA to prove us wrong rather than us to prove we are right? remember its their product they are trying to sell and encourage people to come along and watch? how is that going to happen when kids knew there is something far wrong with out system?

In every country in the world there are always a just few clubs that float to surface and domiate for years Holland, Portugal, Germany etc etc but in no other country is it down to religion or political beliefs that have artificially made them bigger! and i cant think of another country that has 2 clubs that pull in huge support from another country over a stretch of water i.e Both parts of Ireland?

Hagar the Horrible

Zander Diamond has now more cause to complain?

Brines has just admitted he made a mistake by chopping of his goal (whislteblower), claiming he didnt have a good view? IF he did not have a good look because of his positioning how come he made the decision to chop of a goal for a hand ball he now claims he did not see? That is not an error of judgement that was a decision based on changing the outcome of a game, in other-words match fixing

boabyarsebiscuit
Zander Diamond has now more cause to complain?

Brines has just admitted he made a mistake by chopping of his goal (whislteblower), claiming he didnt have a good view? IF he did not have a good look because of his positioning how come he made the decision to chop of a goal for a hand ball he now claims he did not see? That is not an error of judgement that was a decision based on changing the outcome of a game, in other-words match fixing

If Brines didn't see it he has to let the goal stand.

In England that would be Brines sent down to the lower Leagues for a month or two.

ToadKiller Dog
If Brines didn't see it he has to let the goal stand.

In England that would be Brines sent down to the lower Leagues for a month or two.

In Scotland he will get either get the cup final or the rangers vrs st midden game which ever comes last.

Archived