Is the game in Scotland corrupt?

John Findlay

coppercrutch
In what way has he been successful ?

Getting something out in the open that every other chairman in Scotland is too pathetic to do. I would class that as a success. Maybe you would not.

As for his other 'successes' well that is another story....:sad:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coppercrutch
Reap what you sow.

I'll happily give credit where it's due. It's my opinion, that he's not due credit for this. If he'd produced evidence, or even a coherent case of some sort, yes, I'd give him credit.

And no, coming out and claiming we were cheated by the corrupt SFA refs every time we lose, is not a coherent case.

Or maybe he got booked for turning to the Celtic fans, running all the way up the line, and putting his finger to his mouth in a "shh" motion towards them.

I'd disagree that what you say is "FACT". It's opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

So you've never seen a Hearts player go to the crowd and get away with it?

You see what Ferguson did last week at Celtic Park after they scored ? Waving his hands up giving the crowd it all. Nothing even said to him by the ref.

And of course we have all seen Hearts players getting decisions that they should not. The point is the NUMBER and importance of these decisions. Anyone who thinks the OF get their 'fair share' is IMO quite mental.:confused:

Guest JamboRobbo
You see what Ferguson did last week at Celtic Park after they scored ? Waving his hands up giving the crowd it all. Nothing even said to him by the ref.

And of course we have all seen Hearts players getting decisions that they should not. The point is the NUMBER and importance of these decisions. Anyone who thinks the OF get their 'fair share' is IMO quite mental.:confused:

I'd agree. But without proof, we are exactly the same as every other club in the world who believes there is bias against them. There is little point us making paranoid fools of ourselves moaning about it unless we have something more than every other club in the world (i.e. we actually have proof).

The White Cockade

proof?

what about Zander Diamond's "goal" at the weekend

i'd love to see that ref being interviewed on why he disallowed it

Guest JamboRobbo
proof?

what about Zander Diamond's "goal" at the weekend

i'd love to see that ref being interviewed on why he disallowed it

If that one incident is "proof" of bias, then similarly, Eggerts goal would be "proof" of bias towards Hearts...

coppercrutch
I'd agree. But without proof, we are exactly the same as every other club in the world who believes there is bias against them. There is little point us making paranoid fools of ourselves moaning about it unless we have something more than every other club in the world (i.e. we actually have proof).

So we just accept that we get ripped off and get on with it ?

Jeez. Lucky you were not in the womens lib, you would have been chucked out for being a pansy.....;)

PS. This has nothing to do with us being ****e on the pitch. That is well and truly down to Vlad(Well 95% anyway - Some of our 'players' should be shot). :sad:

Guest JamboRobbo

No, we gather proof. And if we get concrete proof, then we can speak out.

Without proof, we just make fools of ourselves coming out with accusations every time we get beat. As I've said about 100 times now!

The White Cockade

I don't think so

Jonsson's handball was purely accidental

The Aberdeen goal was disallowed for what exactly?

portobellojambo1

Jeez. Lucky you were not in the womens lib, you would have been chucked out for being a pansy.....;)

PS. This has nothing to do with us being ****e on the pitch. That is well and truly down to Vlad(Well 95% anyway - Some of our 'players' should be shot). :sad:

Think Vladimir Romanov put that option forward CC, but the SFA intervened and said it was unacceptable, apparently he went off on some rant about the SFA being biased or corrupt or some such thing as a result. ;)

coppercrutch
Think Vladimir Romanov put that option forward CC, but the SFA intervened and said it was unacceptable, apparently he went off on some rant about the SFA being biased or corrupt or some such thing as a result. ;)

See that - ****ing SFA doing us over again !! Shoot them all !!!

bean counter

I believe that all referee's are biased, some more so than others, with some it's subconscious, with others its not. They are also influenced by the crowds and the occasion.

The need to been seen to do well in a big game so they can get on to Uefa\fifa lists along with the admission that they apply the rules differently in OF games.

Given the above I believe that because more referee's come from the west and supported one of the OF that is why they get more decisions. If more Hearts fans became referee's we would get more of the 50/50 decisions and not feel as aggrieved as we do.

In short I do not feel they are corrupt but they are biased.

However I do feel the SFA\SPL are corrupt the way they inconsistantly apply the rules, they way they deny the referees the right of reply, the way they make up and change rules to suit their on ends, the way they do not even support their own employee's ( the ref's ) when up against the OF.

With referees they get a split second to make a decision and they can often get it wrong ( remember we see several different angles on an incident none of them the same as the ref they only get one ) the SFA have the luxury of time to make their decisions so they can have no excuse for continually getting it wrong

portobellojambo1
I don't think so

Jonsson's handball was purely accidental

The Aberdeen goal was disallowed for what exactly?

I would say that view is slightly biased, not corrupt, but biased, from where I was sitting in the Wheatfield it was so obviously hand ball that I was amazed the goal stood.

However in the overall concept of things I was not complaining, as we got a dodgy decision go our way.

Possibly why you never get Rangers and Celtic fans as a collective, assuming you could ever get them together, agreeing that there is bias in their favour. But strangely enough, on an individual basis, if you ask any Celtic fan he will tell you that all Scottish referees are biased in favour of Rangers, ask a Rangers fan the same question and it is not difficult to guess what their answer would be.

Drylaw Hearts
Getting something out in the open that every other chairman in Scotland is too pathetic to do. I would class that as a success. Maybe you would not.

As for his other 'successes' well that is another story....:sad:

So successful that, rather and fight the mighty SFA, take them all the way to court with even one of these hundreds of pieces of evidence you refer to, he rolls over meekly and pays his fine.

If this is your definition of success it comes as no surprise that you thought Larry Kingston was World Class.

Guest JamboRobbo
So successful that, rather and fight the mighty SFA, take them all the way to court with even one of these hundreds of pieces of evidence you refer to, he rolls over meekly and pays his fine.

Thats the point DW. If we're gonna speak out, we've gotta have the evidence to take it all the way.

No point making accusations we can't back up - we know the result of that. We look like paranoid fools, and get fined for our trouble.

boabyarsebiscuit

When Dundee United and Aberdeen were winning titles in the 80s had the refs suddenly stopped being biased towards the OF for a few years? And then they suddenly got biased again when Souness rolled up at Ibrox?

Very few people are arguing there is not some kind of deeply embedded bias in Scottish football. The country's way too parochial for there not to be (witness many numerous anti-Glaswegian comments on here, in all sorts of contexts).

But Rodney the ******'s obfuscation at the AGM should not deflect from the REAL cause of Hearts' footballing problems.

There's an answer to the bias factor. Improve the team. Remove the bias factor from the equation.

portobellojambo1
When Dundee United and Aberdeen were winning titles in the 80s had the refs suddenly stopped being biased towards the OF for a few years? And then they suddenly got biased again when Souness rolled up at Ibrox?

Very few people are arguing there is not some kind of deeply embedded bias in Scottish football. The country's way too parochial for there not to be (witness many numerous anti-Glaswegian comments on here, in all sorts of contexts).

But Rodney the ******'s obfuscation at the AGM should not deflect from the REAL cause of Hearts' footballing problems.

There's an answer to the bias factor. Improve the team. Remove the bias factor from the equation.

Think you have summed it up boaby. If you want to take the bias out of Scottish football the best way to do it is by producing a better football team than either of them can. Apply the pressure on the park, beat them on the park, if you spend more time in their half, and around their penalty area the chances of you losing dodgy goals, dodgy free kicks around your own box diminishes. Rack up more points than them, job done.

Charlie-Brown

Within a couple of weeks & months of the Romanovs arriving we had Levein defect to Leicester taking his coaching staff & 4 first team players with him then shortly afterwards was the Andy Davis incident where Hearts fans including high-profile chairman & ex-chairman Foulkes & Deans etc going ape about Old Firm bias / corruption in the Scottish game - subsequent refereeing & SFA - SPL decisions and Burley signing Skacel & trying to sign Bednar have obviously re-inforced these views they hold about both managers & bias in our game.

ToadKiller Dog

I think a good few united suppoerters may disagree with you when it came to some of the decisions made in various cup finals more so against the tic,but your point is correct yes the main way to defeat it is to produce a better team so that no matter what help they get you can still beat them.

Still think that the training and promotion of refs in this country has a bias toward west coast refs ,and young refs are always going to adapt to whatever pressures are on them to do whats best for there career,i would imagine its the same in a lot of other work places.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Maybe both strands of thinking are correct - Romanov is an arse and it's his fault we're crap and also the Old Firm get an easy time from referees.

These tables are interesting. The Old Firm, generally, commit less fouls, receive less yellow and red cards and concede less penalties than most of the other teams every season. Is this because they have better players, more of the ball, less time chasing and tackling etc. Or is it because refs favour them. Or a bit of both?

http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ClubDiscipline/0,,10002~20073,00.html

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Within a couple of weeks & months of the Romanovs arriving we had Levein defect to Leicester taking his coaching staff & 4 first team players with him then shortly afterwards was the Andy Davis incident where Hearts fans including high-profile chairman & ex-chairman Foulkes & Deans etc going ape about Old Firm bias / corruption in the Scottish game - subsequent refereeing & SFA - SPL decisions and Burley signing Skacel & trying to sign Bednar have obviously re-inforced these views they hold about both managers & bias in our game.

This all undoubtedly shaped his view, although I suspect he had just a wee bit of a paranoid nature anyway.

Although, if there's one thing the Andy Davis incident wasn't, it wasn't "Old Firm bias". It robbed Celtic of the title. Why aren't their fans up in arms about that incident every single day? Why didn't their board object? Does anybody (not you, just responding generally now) think Celtic fans and employees simply shrugged and acknowledged decisions thay have benefited from also - a kind of 'what goes around' mentality. If that decision was corrupt a Celtic fan would have outed it ages ago.

gorgie rd eh11
Rumours, yes. But any actual concrete evidence?

If there was evidence, I'd be in agreement.

I find it hard to believe that there is concrete evidence out there, and not a single person was able or willing to produce it.

To find evidence there would have to be some kind of investigation. Neither the sfa/spl or our media showed any appetite to investigate. It would have been very easy to disprove, but it all went a bit quiet very quickly.

Firstly could we just not mention Romanov in this thread. It just clouds the matter and is irrelevant to the question at hand -

I won't go into refereeing decisions as they are pretty much impossible to clarify.

What about however -

The intentional attempts to avoid the Old Firm meeting in a "title decider". Surely the fixture listing should be entirely random? If they can't be trusted then play in a closed doors game.

Hearts being turned down for a work permit for an upcoming international first team footballer then Celtic being granted them for a dire Chinese centre half and some Japanese midfielder who can barely get a game for the reserves?

This all undoubtedly shaped his view, although I suspect he had just a wee bit of a paranoid nature anyway.

Although, if there's one thing the Andy Davis incident wasn't, it wasn't "Old Firm bias". It robbed Celtic of the title. Why aren't their fans up in arms about that incident every single day? Why didn't their board object? Does anybody (not you, just responding generally now) think Celtic fans and employees simply shrugged and acknowledged decisions thay have benefited from also - a kind of 'what goes around' mentality. If that decision was corrupt a Celtic fan would have outed it ages ago.

The Celtic fans were furious with the Andy Davis incident and many still bring it up today. There was actually a story that he was a former Rangers ST holder. Don't know if this was ever confirmed however.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

If this is your definition of success it comes as no surprise that you thought Larry Kingston was World Class.

owned-41174.jpg

sandylejambo

anyone wanting evidence of coruption only has to get hold of games involving old firm teams from the telly, would any other club get the decisions these teams get, NO, would our players have been cited for the fisty cufs at the last old firm match on tv evidence, you bet your life, if the same incidents had happened in the league cup final the other way round, would dundee united have got to extra time, No frikkenn danger. corrupt, your dammend tooting it's corrupt

I don't think the game is corrupt, I just think Scottish football is incompetent from the top to bottom.

The refs definitely favour the OF but that is down to fear/supporting them as kids/pressure of making mistakes.

In England they can allocate refs from across the country to do other teams games but sadly, the refs here are mainly from the west of Scotland and the majority probably support one of the ugly sisters.

Could you imagine living near Glasgow and giving a crucial decision to the likes of Hearts? Your life wouldn't be worth living. Sure Dallas got his windows done in a few times. They are animals through in the west.

It will take a new breed of refs and a lot of education from the SFA to get rid of the favoritism but sadly I can't see it.

As long as the two big teams are doing well the SFA are happy. :mad:

Really doubt the game is corrupt though.

Heart of the Matter

If Hearts were sitting at the top of the SPL right now (instead of fighting for 7th place), Rodney would not have attacked the SFA for being corrupt, nor would he have made his referees "screwing results" claim.

These attacks on the integrity of the SFA and of match officials emanate from the failure of the Romanovs to achieve the success at Hearts that they predicted and indeed pledged. They have made a series of naive, bizarre and damaging decisions over the past couple of seasons which, not only halted the initial progress made by the team, but has catapulted the Club backwards at an alarming rate.

Romanov's began with a charm offensive and there were plenty of images of a smiling, benevolent Vlad in the early days when the team were doing well under Burley. After Burley was dismissed, Vlad's decision to appoint Rix as Manager in name only, for Vlad to select the team and be the sole arbiter of player transfers, eventually cost us any chance we had of winning the SPL.

We finished second in the league and won the Cup in 2006 because we still had a team containing some real quality players and genuine leaders on the park. I think that this success was achieved in spite of (not because of) Romanov's interventions and management style.

Since the Cup win Hearts have slipped backwards and are not even top 6 material now. We pose no threat to the old-firm any more, at least over a season where in matters. We have sold or emptied our players of genuine quality and leadership. We have no Manager or first team Coach with real autonomy. Team selections and tactics continue to perplex the fans despite the newly granted powers devolved to Frail.

The Romanov dynasty, however, reasons that Hearts inability to challenge the OF is caused by corruption within the SFA and referees, rather than by VR's inept management and stewardship of HMFC.

When the cracks began to show, the charm rapidly deserted Romanov, and he engaged on a bitter and embarrassing offensive with the SFA, UEFA, referees, the media, agents, players and now it seems finally with Hearts supporters if the AGM is an accurate reflection of the contempt with which they hold for genuine and long-suffering fans.

Whether there is or is not corruption or bias at the SFA or amongst referees kind of misses the point IMO. Pointing the finger elsewhere is not only a thinly veiled attempt to mask the incompetence of the Romanov's failure, it is the kind of graceless, petty and embarrassing act that typifies this paranoid and delusional dynasty.

Giving Roman Romanov's allegations the oxygen of debate on this forum (and in the press) just diverts attention from the kind of scrutiny that Hearts supporters should be placing on Vladmir Romanov and his bungling, incompetent management of this famous and once-respected football Club.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
If Hearts were sitting at the top of the SPL right now (instead of fighting for 7th place), Rodney would not have attacked the SFA for being corrupt, nor would he have made his referees "screwing results" claim.

These attacks on the integrity of the SFA and of match officials emanate from the failure of the Romanovs to achieve the success at Hearts that they predicted and indeed pledged. They have made a series of naive, bizarre and damaging decisions over the past couple of seasons which, not only halted the initial progress made by the team, but has catapulted the Club backwards at an alarming rate.

Romanov's began with a charm offensive and there were plenty of images of a smiling, benevolent Vlad in the early days when the team were doing well under Burley. After Burley was dismissed, Vlad's decision to appoint Rix as Manager in name only, for Vlad to select the team and be the sole arbiter of player transfers, eventually cost us any chance we had of winning the SPL.

We finished second in the league and won the Cup in 2006 because we still had a team containing some real quality players and genuine leaders on the park. I think that this success was achieved in spite of (not because of) Romanov's interventions and management style.

Since the Cup win Hearts have slipped backwards and are not even top 6 material now. We pose no threat to the old-firm any more, at least over a season where in matters. We have sold or emptied our players of genuine quality and leadership. We have no Manager or first team Coach with real autonomy. Team selections and tactics continue to perplex the fans despite the newly granted powers devolved to Frail.

The Romanov dynasty, however, reasons that Hearts inability to challenge the OF is caused by corruption within the SFA and referees, rather than by VR's inept management and stewardship of HMFC.

When the cracks began to show, the charm rapidly deserted Romanov, and he engaged on a bitter and embarrassing offensive with the SFA, UEFA, referees, the media, agents, players and now it seems finally with Hearts supporters if the AGM is an accurate reflection of the contempt with which they hold for genuine and long-suffering fans.

Whether there is or is not corruption or bias at the SFA or amongst referees kind of misses the point IMO. Pointing the finger elsewhere is not only a thinly veiled attempt to mask the incompetence of the Romanov's failure, it is the kind of graceless, petty and embarrassing act that typifies this paranoid and delusional dynasty.

Giving Roman Romanov's allegations the oxygen of debate on this forum (and in the press) just diverts attention from the kind of scrutiny that Hearts supporters should be placing on Vladmir Romanov and his bungling, incompetent management of this famous and once-respected football Club.

That'll be that then.

Great post.

Big Tam Macenkie

In every human activity where there is a winning and losing outcome the referees/umpires/judges always get criticised. Noone likes to lose and its only the losers who complain. Every time man u lose fergie goes on about the refs as does Wegner when arsenal lose. Wegner thinks the refs have it in for his team. Again only when they lose. refs may be many things, blind , mistaken but not IMO corrupt. They just cannot win.

Charlie-Brown

The Old Firm definitely get more advantageous decisions in their favour both on-field & off-field than anyone else in Scottish football - there is also institutionalised favouritism towards them with so many ex-Rangers & Celtic people holding important positions within our game - even referee-ing supervisor getting his wish to officiate his last ever match at Ibrox is just one of countless examples.....

coppercrutch

The problem is, as others have said, some sort of investigation would have to be undertaken. No-one in Scottish football wants to do it. So what do you think we should do? Take a count of all fouls, dodgy decisions etc.. and head off to the High court to plead our case? It would get nowhere. All we can do is HIGHLIGHT the bias that is apparent in our game in the hope that the other spineless sections of Scottish football finally one day wake up and join us to do something about it.

As for Kingston he can be World class. Shame he is only interested in doing it playing for Ghana or once in a blue moon for the Jambos. ;)

I don't think the game is corrupt, I just think Scottish football is incompetent from the top to bottom.

The refs definitely favour the OF but that is down to fear/supporting them as kids/pressure of making mistakes.

In England they can allocate refs from across the country to do other teams games but sadly, the refs here are mainly from the west of Scotland and the majority probably support one of the ugly sisters.

Could you imagine living near Glasgow and giving a crucial decision to the likes of Hearts? Your life wouldn't be worth living. Sure Dallas got his windows done in a few times. They are animals through in the west.

It will take a new breed of refs and a lot of education from the SFA to get rid of the favoritism but sadly I can't see it.

spot on alan i think the refs are terrified to make a wrong decision against the old firm . life is a lot easier for them not to upset the ugly sisters and their media supporters. evidence? it's their every week

Big Tam Macenkie
I don't think the game is corrupt' date=' I just think Scottish football is incompetent from the top to bottom.

spot on alan i think the refs are terrified to make a wrong decision against the old firm . life is a lot easier for them not to upset the ugly sisters and their media supporters. evidence? it's their every week[/quote']

Your mind is clearly made up so any discussion is pointless

Drylaw Hearts
The problem is, as others have said, some sort of investigation would have to be undertaken. No-one in Scottish football wants to do it. So what do you think we should do? Take a count of all fouls, dodgy decisions etc.. and head off to the High court to plead our case? It would get nowhere. All we can do is HIGHLIGHT the bias that is apparent in our game in the hope that the other spineless sections of Scottish football finally one day wake up and join us to do something about it.

As for Kingston he can be World class. Shame he is only interested in doing it playing for Ghana or once in a blue moon for the Jambos. ;)

It would get nowhere because there is no case to answer !!

We all know decisions sometimes go thier way.

But we are happy to forget decisions that go our way.

In the '98 SC Final there were 2 decisions that if they were given against us I'm sure we'd still be bumping our gums about it.

Someone earlier complained about Ferguson's handball at Hampden but forgot about Goncalves's handball only moments earlier.

Jonsson also clearly handled the ball on Saturday before scoring.

And p.s. Stop saying Kingston is World Class. It's embarrassing now. ;)

Giving Roman Romanov's allegations the oxygen of debate on this forum (and in the press) just diverts attention from the kind of scrutiny that Hearts supporters should be placing on Vladmir Romanov and his bungling, incompetent management of this famous and once respected football Club.

Is the game in Scotland corrupt?

5+ paragraphs and you still don't answer the question.

Or was there not enough threads criticising Vlad's running of the club for you to post this in.

Allegations of incompetence/corruption in the Scottish game did not come along the second the Romanov's invested in Hearts.

Someone earlier complained about Ferguson's handball at Hampden but forgot about Goncalves's handball only moments earlier.

Ferguson's was hand to ball and Goncalves' was ball to hand.

It was done to death at the time and funnily enough the vast majority disagreed with you.

alwaysthereinspirit
The Celtic fans were furious with the Andy Davis incident and many still bring it up today. There was actually a story that he was a former Rangers ST holder. Don't know if this was ever confirmed however.

He was a Glasgow cop which is one in the same me thinks.

coppercrutch

Why are there more comments on this thread about Vlad than anything else ? This subject has **** all to do with Vlad. As has been stated these issues have been around for a lot longer than Vlad has been at HMFC. So let's get back to discussing the question in hand. :)

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Why are there more comments on this thread about Vlad than anything else ? This subject has **** all to do with Vlad. As has been stated these issues have been around for a lot longer than Vlad has been at HMFC. So let's get back to discussing the question in hand. :)

In the broader sense this thread is about things that are holding Hearts back. Vlad is holding Hearts back more than anything - more than refs, more than the media, more than the SFA, more than the Old Firm, more than Hibs etc. More than all of these combined, times a hundred million:)

Drylaw Hearts
Ferguson's was hand to ball and Goncalves' was ball to hand.

It was done to death at the time and funnily enough the vast majority disagreed with you.

I'm pretty sure if it had happened at the other end we ALL would said it was a pen.

But there you go.

coppercrutch
In the broader sense this thread is about things that are holding Hearts back. Vlad is holding Hearts back more than anything - more than refs, more than the media, more than the SFA, more than the Old Firm, more than Hibs etc. More than all of these combined, times a hundred million:)

The thread is entitled "Is the Scottish game corrupt".

This has nothing to do with Vlad, Rodney or any other Lithuanian. They have just mentioned the fact, just like most football fans at one time or other in this country.

I WILL REPEAT THIS SIMPLE FACT:

Just because Vlad has ****ed up at Hearts DOES NOT MEAN PEOPLE HAVE TO STOP TALKING ABOUT HOW ****ING ****ED UP THE FOOTBALL IN THIS COUNTRY IS.

Ah, that feels better. ;)

Your mind is clearly made up so any discussion is pointless

Eh?!

Just giving my opinion!

Is that alright?! :eek:

sandylejambo

there was an incident on saturday when the ref gave miko a foul and before miko could get up the ref was berating him for being on the ground, would he do that to the crab? would he falkirk

john brownlee
Well his dad did a pretty good job at 'putting up'. Instead of getting the backing he deserved from the rest of Scottish football he got abused for this. In fact he got as much abuse from our very own fans. Incredible.

This does not have anything to do with anything else that Vlad is, or has done with our club. We all know the problems. That is a different conversation.

However when talking about people 'putting up or shutting up' you must remember the very people telling Vlad to shut up were Hearts fans. We should have been right behind him with his abuse of the OF, Wiedgie media and SFA. Instead most Hearts fans crawled under their rocks like the rest of Scottish football in fear of 'rocking the boat' , or because 'what good will it do, it's only making things worse'.

In all honesty pretty shameful and pathetic. For all Vlads mistakes, and there are many, at least the guy has balls. Whether that is because he is crazy or not who knows, I for one appreciated him giving the OF the abuse they deserve.

Now when it comes to getting it right on the park...........:eek:

well said coppercrutch

Its these F****in morons that have allowed the corruption to continue in our game tweedledunm and twiddledee their dislike for RR and Dad out ways the truth that we all know and how they can come on an point out one decision amoung many to justify their pathetic argument they should be supporting Vlad instead of the backing the weegi I ask you what are these pratts doing It certainly not supporting Hearts

they hate the Romanovs more than they love Hearts. No in fact change that they hate the Romanovs full stop I would doubt they even like Hearts IMO they have never in any post showed that they actually support Hearts always anti whatever the occasional I love Hearts one line but no more

Its a bit like the only time you tell your burd /wife that you love her is when your on top .

Lets keep the presure on and hope the other teams and players start to come on our side

You have a man fronting the SFA who actually refers to Glasgow Rangers as 'WE' .............and there's no bias in the game :conf11:

Let me start by saying that Roman Romanov was not in-correct in what he said with regards corruption in the Scottish game. Where he was in-correct was to say it at the shareholders AGM. That meeting was not the time or the place.

Hearts are currently seventh in the SPL as the team have not been good enough on the park over thirty three league games to have won enough points to be challenging for anything.

However as one who has been a follower/supporter of Heart of Midlothian FC for the past forty three years and therefore a follower of Scottish football for the same period. I have over the years formed the opinion that the SFA are corrupt and without question favour two teams who bide in Glasgow. Those two teams being Celtic and Rangers.

I could go over old ground and list here numerous refereeing decisions, SFA decisions that have favoured those two teams but, I would just be repeating myself.

All I will say is yes I believe there is a dishonest bias by the majority of our match officials for these two teams and that when it really comes to punish them as clubs or players for wrong doing then the SFA are like my late Grandad Dickson. TOOTHLESS.

John

Yes, it is corrupted by the influence of an oligopoly of big teams, who benefit from favourable decisions on and off the pitch.

Just like every other league in the world.

Firstly i dont listen to a word the Romanov's say

But when i first started going to Tynie 10 years ago and always thought the game was bias

Then i saw the Andy Davies scenario right in front of where i was standing and what happened that night and when Rangers won the league a few weeks later i realised the game was corrupt

I have saw Barry Ferguson get away with murder this season so nothing will ever change my mind but that is my opinion

Thunderstruck
well said coppercrutch

Its these F****in morons that have allowed the corruption to continue in our game tweedledunm and twiddledee their dislike for RR and Dad out ways the truth that we all know and how they can come on an point out one decision amoung many to justify their pathetic argument they should be supporting Vlad instead of the backing the weegi I ask you what are these pratts doing It certainly not supporting Hearts

they hate the Romanovs more than they love Hearts. No in fact change that they hate the Romanovs full stop I would doubt they even like Hearts IMO they have never in any post showed that they actually support Hearts always anti whatever the occasional I love Hearts one line but no more

Its a bit like the only time you tell your burd /wife that you love her is when your on top .

Lets keep the presure on and hope the other teams and players start to come on our side

Spot on.

The game in Scotland is run by a corrupt cartel in the SFA so why would anyone debate that the game here is clean? It is completely bent and set up to allow two teams to prosper.

My early school memories are of John McDonald getting penalties for Rangers almost every week by diving in the box and Celtic scoring injury time winners cos the ref would keep playing till they scored. The Pink always had most Celtic games as a draw and it was a standing joke that the 90th minute seemed to last a good 5 minutes.

Referees start officating at what age? If we say for argument they start at age 20 then we can safely say that for 15 years they will have supported a team during that period. In Scotland most kids are glory hunters and so support the OF so they don't get too much of a slagging at school.

Are people really that blase that they think referees from the west coast, who have supported a team for 15 years, won't be biased towards that team?? What would you do if you were refereeing a Hearts game?

Just look at Dougie McDonald for the answer.

Thunderstruck

It has been a music hall joke for decades.

Those of us old enough to remember Lex McLean's sitcom will remember him saying, when he heard that Rangers' score was 0-0, "who missed the penalty".

Archived