Billy Reid- Well Done

Rawrrrrrrr

Susie-Jambo-66
Won the Manager of the year award beating 3 SPL managers

Well deserved

Well done Hamilton Accies look forward to playing you next season

Well done Hamilton Accies, look forward to hopefully taking full points off you next season.

hahaha good one!

hahaha good one!

Yeah, we never do well against teams just promoted. I actually expect Hamilton to get something at Tynie next season.

Well deserved

While the 2 OF managers obviously have a cash advantage over other managers I find it strange that a manager whose team have a distinct home advantage due to the plastic pitch can win this award.

I think a more worthy winner would have been Mark Mcghee who steered motherwell through the death of p o donnell and spoke with great humility. At the same time he had the team playing very good football.

Each division should have their own manager of the year but the overall winner has to come from the big division not the lower leagues.

East fife were promoted before hamilton why did the east fife manager not win the award.

Lets just hope their excuse for a pitch is ripped up and replaced with the surface all football should be played on 'real grass'.

While the 2 OF managers obviously have a cash advantage over other managers I find it strange that a manager whose team have a distinct home advantage due to the plastic pitch can win this award.

I think a more worthy winner would have been Mark Mcghee who steered motherwell through the death of p o donnell and spoke with great humility. At the same time he had the team playing very good football.

Each division should have their own manager of the year but the overall winner has to come from the big division not the lower leagues.

East fife were promoted before hamilton why did the east fife manager not win the award.

Lets just hope their excuse for a pitch is ripped up and replaced with the surface all football should be played on 'real grass'.

That really annoys me. The death of Phil O'Donnell was a real shame, but McGhee deserving Manager of the Year due to the way he handled it? I don't think so. McGhee handled the matter as he should have, any one else would have done the same. Yet he seems to get an excessive ammount of praise for something that was merely decency.

The Manager of the Year award should be awarded on the playing merits only. Well done to Hamilton for the promotion, a stadium I've never visited and look forward to.

Gigolo-Aunt

Fair play to him for getting it - just slightly surprised that Walter Smith never won this one as well.

Jambof3tornado

What like motherwells real grass??? I heard that it is to be ripped up and replaced with grass as the sfa/spl wont allow a plastic pitch in the SPL coz we are a big enough laughing stock already!!!

What like motherwells real grass??? I heard that it is to be ripped up and replaced with grass as the sfa/spl wont allow a plastic pitch in the SPL coz we are a big enough laughing stock already!!!

Motherwells problem stemmed from artificial grass which is inserted into the existing grass by machine and had tangled and disrupted the drainage system at fir park.

On top of this the joke called gretna were allowed to play there when the spl shouldn't have let them come up in the first place.

The bottom line is astrograss is fine for training but not for long periods as you are effectively playing on concrete with a rubber layer on top. The injury rate in the future will be massive due to this surface and I think if you asked any good physio they would ban players from this surface.

If hamilton have to change to grass to get entry into the spl then all of the points they won at home this season should be taken off them and dundee would be declared winners and rightfully so.

That really annoys me. The death of Phil O'Donnell was a real shame, but McGhee deserving Manager of the Year due to the way he handled it? I don't think so. McGhee handled the matter as he should have, any one else would have done the same. Yet he seems to get an excessive ammount of praise for something that was merely decency.

The Manager of the Year award should be awarded on the playing merits only. Well done to Hamilton for the promotion, a stadium I've never visited and look forward to.

Mcghee should get it not for the o donnell situation but for the football his team play. He sets his teams out to play passing attacking football the fact is he done this during a very difficult time tells me enough about the man.

chester copperpot
So where next for Billy Reid will it be motherwell or dundee united;)

Well done Billy lad, apparently he couldn't bite his own thumb in the Vaults in Hamilton on Saturday as he was out celebrating a bit too much. A cracking man with a great family.

I like him.

Well deserved

Yep well done to all at hamilton

at last the SFA get it right

as for Aiden Mcgeady how on earth did he get player of the year award

chester copperpot

TBH, how anyone except Carlos Cuellar won that award is a mystery to me. The only one I'd say who got even close to him was Davie Weir :confused:

TBH, how anyone except Carlos Cuellar won that award is a mystery to me. The only one I'd say who got even close to him was Davie Weir :confused:

totally agree maybe even McGregor, anyone but that little Tw*T

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

This was players player though, I'd imagine McGeady being more of an 'impact' player than Cuellar will have got him the vote.

Fully expect Cuellar to get the football writers player.

chester copperpot
totally agree maybe even McGregor, anyone but that little Tw*T

McGregor, naw, but he was third best probably.

Archived