Time for Change

stevie1874

stevie1874

As things stand in Scottish football nobody is going to disagree that it's time for change. Now we've had all these false dawns before , but now more than anytime we the fans need some input into what happens and who sits at the top of Scottish football making these decisions. Was listening to sportsound last night and was really impressed with Stuart Cosgrove and Jim Spence, Cosgrove comes across as very fair ,well informed of the media ins and outs and genuinely a football man. Spence , well he has carried the east coast banner through all of this Rangers crisis always fair and also seems well informed in football circles. Some might not like my next two picks but Richard Gordon ( forget his Miko Outburst) has always impressed me speaking on the radio. And lastly going back a few months there was a debate on the tv and Steven Pressley spoke well and seemed genuinely frustrated at the way football was heading with total disregard for football at lower level.

These four guys would be my picks for supporters representatives into change in our game hopefully after getting rid of Doncaster , Regan and all the other suits who are ruining our Game.

Any thoughts?

As things stand in Scottish football nobody is going to disagree that it's time for change. Now we've had all these false dawns before , but now more than anytime we the fans need some input into what happens and who sits at the top of Scottish football making these decisions. Was listening to sportsound last night and was really impressed with Stuart Cosgrove and Jim Spence, Cosgrove comes across as very fair ,well informed of the media ins and outs and genuinely a football man. Spence , well he has carried the east coast banner through all of this Rangers crisis always fair and also seems well informed in football circles. Some might not like my next two picks but Richard Gordon ( forget his Miko Outburst) has always impressed me speaking on the radio. And lastly going back a few months there was a debate on the tv and Steven Pressley spoke well and seemed genuinely frustrated at the way football was heading with total disregard for football at lower level.

These four guys would be my picks for supporters representatives into change in our game hopefully after getting rid of Doncaster , Regan and all the other suits who are ruining our Game.

Any thoughts?

Change needs to be driven from fans/clubs. The media bias towards west-coast clubs is over-powering so it is difficult to use

media celebrities to instigate change. The gaping hole here is the administrators of our game are out of their depth and out of

tune with supporters. If we look at the last time an SPL2 was forced upon us approximately 85% of fans voted against it - I just

don't know of any other commercial product in the world that can be forced on fans/customers.

Now we have league structure forced again - on to clubs/fans who are resisting once again.

So now the chiefs are out of touch with their own members (if not who explain Doncaster convincing Green to apply for an SPL membership only for it to be rejected 10-1.

Therefore, Doncaster is out of touch with his member clubs/fans.

If that is the case then Doncaster/Regan must have the freedom to act themselves first and the put their case before the board thereby indicating Don/Reg can push their preferred agenda as opposed to the usual structure of Don/Reg acting out their members wishes.

So first and foremost we need to remove this cavalier attitude of CE's which clearly does not work in football - they must be reined in.

The Chairman of the SPL - Ralph Topping - his silence and inaction has been deafening and really posted missing in a crisis, and Campbell Ogilivie, President of the SFA is simply too comprimised to go further.

They should be replaced with CE's, CMs, Presidents and VP's that fully understand they are servants to clubs/fans and not leaders who use their own ego to drive forward without authorisation and should not be comprised with a club v league/association position.

Transparency at all levels is required within the game so fans know what they are paying to watch.

Therefore, we require a board of Director's for SPL/SFL/SFA that reflects the above.

Although, somehow I suspect this small order to be much too tall.

Archived